4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series Discussion

Spider-Vice

10 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Easily my favorite part of the trailer. I love that all the animal movements seem so natural.

Most games suck at it. Looking at a crocodile in AC Origins and this alligator is like night and day, black and white, no comparison really.

16 minutes ago, Neudd said:

EJjg00e.gif

Damn man... It really is night and day. That gator looks evil!!! Look at this eyes .. LOVE how the horse really is a real animal this time around it shies away from seeing the gator snap 😮

Edited by damienrayemusic
  • Like 5

As much as like this minimal ui in this one and that circular mini map is also pretty neat i still think the ui is still quite unfinished judging by how the icons looks and also the poker scene ui is also unfinished i believe that's where these extra months of polish is going towards

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yelda said:

That's scary ... imagine, there's an alligator waiting for you and trying to snap your leg. Sh*t ... I think I would get a heart attack 😂

Page 100, Buddys ✌😁

getting dragged under in the swamp by a alligator will be the new cougar.

14 minutes ago, justinwitdabush said:

I wonder what the explanation will be for why the marshalls, sheriffs, and deputies don't immediately recognize Arthur since he's a member of a pretty infamous gang. They did end up robbing forty banks (that they're aware of) after all.

No photographs of him maybe? While its 1899 in this game outlaws who were not photographed were hard to point out. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were done in by a photograph.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mirokunite said:

getting dragged under in the swamp by a alligator will be the new cougar.

No photographs of him maybe? While its 1899 in this game outlaws who were not photographed were hard to point out. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were done in by a photograph.

19 minutes ago, justinwitdabush said:

I wonder what the explanation will be for why the marshalls, sheriffs, and deputies don't immediately recognize Arthur since he's a member of a pretty infamous gang. They did end up robbing forty banks (that they're aware of) after all.

I think like what Mirokunite siad, even Jesse James was able to walk around many towns without being recognized. That might be why Arthur seems to wear a different color trench coat for robberies.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, justinwitdabush said:

Assuming they covered their faces everytime, it might be hard to tell. There's a lot of big guys out there working ranches, etc. Plus in those days, no CCTV, or Twitter Bleeter, no witnesses would mean few people to even know what little of their faces were visible, etc.

It's not too hard to explain. Plus, fictional story logic lol

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the gameplay makes the wait for them easier or harder?? I mean for me it's kinda in between like it's nice seeing it, helps the craving somewhat but it also is (and mostly for me) is like OMFG I just want it even more now!! How does it feel for you personally? We are only 2 months and some days away, time has flown by even during droughts but it's always the last month or two that's toughest in my experience...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

It's actually cooler in more ways than one. The wolf closer to the camera moves to the left when the bear tries to escape that way, surrounding him properly. If the A.I. has truly evolved that much all around, I'll be drooling myself a river. 

Improved A.I is not something that looks flashy or eye catching in the trailers the first time you see it, but is something you really start to appreciate the more time you spend on the game. They have been working hard on improving the A.I, if the animals can surround and or flank us it would be amazing. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Does anyone know if the gameplay makes the wait for them easier or harder?? I mean for me it's kinda in between like it's nice seeing it, helps the craving somewhat but it also is (and mostly for me) is like OMFG I just want it even more now!! How does it feel for you personally? We are only 2 months and some days away, time has flown by even during droughts but it's always the last month or two that's toughest in my experience...

It makes it easier for me tbh :D I don’t know about you fellas but the few months ahead until RDR2s release will be a breeze for me at least. I’m planning on playing The Walking Dead Final Season (14th August) the episodes tend to be rather short so i’ll probably knock this one out after 9 hours or so. By the time i finish that, Spiderman PS4 should be out (19th August) and then finally FIFA 19 (28th September) will hold me off until the release of RDR2 on October 26. We’ll also get the other gameplay videos they mentioned in between all this so, this final wait is NOTHING.

Edited by vKing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, damienrayemusic said:

Makes the wait harder if the gameplay is really good, and easier (but sad) if the gameplay is disappointing. In this case, the wait is harder than my boner while watching the trailer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vKing said:

It makes it easier for me tbh :D I don’t know about you fellas but the few months ahead until RDR2s release will be a breeze for me at least. I’m planning on playing The Walking Dead Final Season (14th August) the episodes tend to be rather short so i’ll probably knock this one out after 9 hours or so. By the time i finish that, Spiderman PS4 should be out (19th August) and then finally FIFA 19 (28th September) will hold me off until the release of RDR2 on October 26. We’ll also get the other gameplay videos they mentioned i between all this so, this final wait is NOTHING.

That's awesome you have those to look forward to man. Thinking of checking out telltale TWD final season myself. Looks to be a good wrap up and I always get into it. I'll have to get over myself with my oh but this isn't R*, so I don't want it right now😆 and just try for my own sake. Also yes... Definitely spider man. Have had it pre ordered for a while like RDR2 and well I truly look forward to that carrying me over to October 25th night. It's still gonna be tough but yes it's nothing compared to what we had before.

1 minute ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

Makes the wait harder if the gameplay is really good, and easier (but sad) if the gameplay is disappointing. In this case, the wait is harder than my boner while watching the trailer.

😆😆 Took the words right outta my mouth especially the last sentence. I can't stop watching the video it's so ridiculously good and I'm noticing more and more detail that slipped by me most every time now. After seeing gifs, watching in slow mo etc there's so much to unpack... So f*cking excited for this game. Blessed the one game I wished for turned out to be absolutely amazing blowing everyone's expectations by just one video already. Well don't R* as always. I never lost faith in them. but it's nice to see others being restored 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, juansero29 said:

xMnmgIG.jpg

I'm replaying RDR from the start for the all times' sake. Till the day RDR2 gets to my hands 👐 

shame I dont have a xbox 360 anymore.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger
7 minutes ago, juansero29 said:

xMnmgIG.jpg

I'm replaying RDR from the start for the all times' sake. Till the day RDR2 gets to my hands 👐 

Starting “New Friends, Old Problems” eh? ;)

The game still holds up very well to this day. Good old MacFarlane’s Ranch too... Ranch folk doing daily chores, the sound of the whistling train in the distance admist a warm day’s sun. I might do another playthrough myself despite myself ripping my hair out trying to get through the Mexico missions. In my opinion, I found that part of the story to be a drag.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Easily my favorite part of the trailer. I love that all the animal movements seem so natural.

Most games suck at it. Looking at a crocodile in AC Origins and this alligator is like night and day, black and white, no comparison really.

Please don't ever again mention AC and RDR2 in the same sentence! Thank you!

And yes, this is also one of my favorite parts, the swamps scene as well ... these are is just so amazing looking ... it's got that scary feel to it that you always look left and right to not make a wrong step that'll kill you instantly!

Edited by Emmi
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Starting “New Friends, Old Problems” eh? ;)

The game still holds up very well to this day. Good old MacFarlane’s Ranch too... Ranch folk doing daily chores, the sound of the whistling train in the distance admist a warm day’s sun. I might do another playthrough myself.

I'm right at the end of the game avoiding the barn at all costs, doing every little thing befor RDR2 comes out. I'm doing The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed right before the game comes out and maybe Remember My Family too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Neudd said:

gBD2ekW.gif

Love how when it’s face on you can see the wind lift up Arthur’s jacket at the bottom. Especially how it’s only on the one side, such attention to detail!

2 minutes ago, Neudd said:

gBD2ekW.gif

Ridiculously good. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, juansero29 said:

xMnmgIG.jpg

Game never gets old. Played last night both single player and MP, It's so beautiful and alive it is UNREAL for it's time the game released... Oh and also playing RDR is great especially right now considering we are so close to RDR2 and after seeing RDR2 gameplay it makes me appreciate both this game, AND RDR2 even more than I already did. You now play this with a "wow this game still holds up, wow how far we have come, A.I, gunplay, smooth movement, physics,realism, horses behavior, NPC behavior\routines, replayability, environment, photogrammetry, lighting the list goes on and on... wow is is why a prequel exists" etc. 

Wanted to add more specifics to my last sentences.
  • Like 4

I want to imagine Rockstar took an alligator, dressed it in motion capture clothing and recorded an alligator walking around in a studio. Maybe had a dude in bite proof clothing holding a nice juicy steak trying to antagonize the alligator to get some good motion captures.

Because that alligator animation looks really good.

Edited by IG_
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, damienrayemusic said:

Game never gets old. Played last night both single player and MP, It's so beautiful and alive it is UNREAL for it's time the game released... Oh and also playing RDR is great especially right now considering we are so close to RDR2 and after seeing RDR2 gameplay it makes me appreciate both this game, AND RDR2 even more than I already did. You now play this with a "wow this game still holds up, wow how far we have come, wow this is what started it all" etc. 

If my internet wasnt so bad I would have played it on ps now, but the quality of the image is so terrible. Its like looking at a 240p screen.

• Like 1

Just now, IG_ said:

I want to imagine Rockstar took an alligator, decked it out with a bunch of motion capture modules and recorded an alligator walking around in a studio. Maybe had a dude in a bite proof clothing holding a piece of a nice juicy steak trying to antagonize the alligator to get some good motion captures.

Because that alligator animation looks really good.

Press O to antagonize the alligator.

Press X to respawn.

Edited by Groggy Gorilla

3 minutes ago, RedDead2503 said:

If my internet wasnt so bad I would have played it on ps now, but the quality of the image is so terrible. Its like looking at a 240p screen.

Damn that's really too bad :( it sucks that ps now gives PlayStation users that experience for such a great game...

5 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Game never gets old. Played last night both single player and MP, It's so beautiful and alive it is UNREAL for it's time the game released... Oh and also playing RDR is great especially right now considering we are so close to RDR2 and after seeing RDR2 gameplay it makes me appreciate both this game, AND RDR2 even more than I already did. You now play this with a "wow this game still holds up, wow how far we have come, A.I, gunplay, smooth movement, physics,realism, horses behavior, NPC behavior\routines, replayability, environment, photogrammetry, lighting the list goes on and on... wow is is why a prequel exists" etc. 

Oops didn't mean to double quote. Ah oh well

1 minute ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

Press X to respawn.

I bet that Arthur would scare the alligator off if he antagonized it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

Press X to respawn.

'Immediately presses X'

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

Press X to respawn.

Press ↑↑↓↓←→X O to rest in pepperoni.

• Like 3

Just now, Reno_ said:

I bet that Arthur would scare the alligator off if he antagonized it.

In that case, press triangle to rob.

• Like 2