2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Neconaid

Mission Marker not disappearing after duping

Neconaid

I've duped the Bar Brawl mission to get the special PCJ 600 and after I finished it there was a marker on the spot where you're supposed to talk to the manager of the store but when I tried to go there nothing happened.

I've then proceeded to play the game with this little "annoyance" on the map but it seems it is now starting to interfere with the Hospital mission (not all blips are showing on the map) and the marker itself has gone underground somehow.

Is there something I can do to solve the issue? Especially since I'm trying to 100% the game and I'm already at 98%.

Evil empire

Mods?

Neconaid
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Evil empire said:

Mods?

The marker thing happened before I had mods installed, the hospital bug after I have installed the mods form the vice city reborn guide and enchanted edition (in that order).

Edited by Neconaid

Neconaid

If it can help I've noticed that the maximum of checkpoints I can see is 4, excluding the hospital one and the marker from the duping.

Lethal Vaccine
Posted (edited)

Mods and OM0?  Nice recipe for disaster...

You know the drill, right?  The same sh*t everyone else has been saying in these Help and Support Topics since 2013, and probably before I joined, but remove the Mods and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, then it's likely Bar Brawl causing the issues.  All I want to know is why use that "other" Method when you can just pass the Mission using a Tank and blow up the PCJ 600's and push one back to Ocean Heights?  I even see a "new Video" of some Loose Ends Vehicles and still can't comprehend why Methods like these exist considering the ORIGINAL Methods always were and will be easy and what I use.  My Video is 20 Minutes long for that and somehow 20 Minutes is very time consuming for others lol.  With practice, this isn't even difficult at all (Bar Brawl, Loose Ends, etc).  I recorded the PCJ 600 several months ago on PS2.  Even had a 3 Star Wanted Level in the process and still managed, lol...

But sh*t, if you're on PC (and care about your Save File) why you not make any Backups?  That's Special Vehicles 101 for Save Assembling.  You always make Backups just in case anything happens, you have a Backup Save to go back to BEFORE any issues were caused...

Edited by Lethal Vaccine

Neconaid
1 hour ago, Lethal Vaccine said:

Mods and OM0?  Nice recipe for disaster...

You know the drill, right?  The same sh*t everyone else has been saying in these Help and Support Topics since 2013, and probably before I joined, but remove the Mods and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, then it's likely Bar Brawl causing the issues.  All I want to know is why use that "other" Method when you can just pass the Mission using a Tank and blow up the PCJ 600's and push one back to Ocean Heights?  I even see a "new Video" of some Loose Ends Vehicles and still can't comprehend why Methods like these exist considering the ORIGINAL Methods always were and will be easy and what I use.  My Video is 20 Minutes long for that and somehow 20 Minutes is very time consuming for others lol.  With practice, this isn't even difficult at all (Bar Brawl, Loose Ends, etc).  I recorded the PCJ 600 several months ago on PS2.  Even had a 3 Star Wanted Level in the process and still managed, lol...

But sh*t, if you're on PC (and care about your Save File) why you not make any Backups?  That's Special Vehicles 101 for Save Assembling.  You always make Backups just in case anything happens, you have a Backup Save to go back to BEFORE any issues were caused...

The mods have nothing to do with it since I've removed them all and they didn't seem to be the cause of the issue.

I've duped the mission because I've tried the tank method countless times and it either didn't jump off the car or did not retain its properties after saving it in the garage.

I've had backups but it wasn't an issue for me until I've gotten to the paramedic side mission, and Bar Brawl was way too far from where I am now so I thought "why even bother keeping the save file now".

I'd like for a solution to the problem, not a lecture (even thou I have nothing to disagree with it) about saving special vehicles.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, THAT is something I don't get about that PCJ 600, though.  I've had the exact same issues way back in 2014-15 when I first started obtaining the PCJ 600 when I found out about it from a long hiatus of GTA and Special Vehicles since 2006.  I don't get why sometimes it'll retain the Properties and sometimes not.  It's really strange.  All I ever did to get it was just replicate the *original* Videos I saw for it (which was just one or two Videos at the time) and managed after a while, but I must say the very FIRST time getting it, it took me around ~ 3 hours to finally succeed, but then ever since I managed it once, from them on out it only took a handful of tries.  One of my favorites in VC ;) 

Neconaid
11 hours ago, Lethal Vaccine said:

Yeah, THAT is something I don't get about that PCJ 600, though.  I've had the exact same issues way back in 2014-15 when I first started obtaining the PCJ 600 when I found out about it from a long hiatus of GTA and Special Vehicles since 2006.  I don't get why sometimes it'll retain the Properties and sometimes not.  It's really strange.  All I ever did to get it was just replicate the *original* Videos I saw for it (which was just one or two Videos at the time) and managed after a while, but I must say the very FIRST time getting it, it took me around ~ 3 hours to finally succeed, but then ever since I managed it once, from them on out it only took a handful of tries.  One of my favorites in VC ;) 

Yeah I agree it's a really cool vehicle.

5 hours ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

Oh so there is a way of doing it without that bug; would you say there a way to solve my issue by using a mission replay mod and doing as the video suggested?

Neconaid

I'm also ok with an instapass method if there is no way to get rid of the pink bug.

Lennart -

There are quite a few methods:

-Duping  (leaves blips unless you have a lot of temporary ones),

-Tripling, which normally has no downsides, the

-Rhino method which might be hard if you don't devote your life to this game :D and entering the

-BIGBANG cheat during the cutscene and then pushing the wreck to your garage.  The last method might be the method of choice for some players because the cheat isn't fully recognised by the game. 

Neconaid
40 minutes ago, Lennart - said:

There are quite a few methods:

-Duping  (leaves blips unless you have a lot of temporary ones),

-Tripling, which normally has no downsides, the

-Rhino method which might be hard if you don't devote your life to this game :D and entering the

-BIGBANG cheat during the cutscene and then pushing the wreck to your garage.  The last method might be the method of choice for some players because the cheat isn't fully recognised by the game. 

I knew about them (besides tripling 😶), but what I'm asking is if there is a way to complete the paramedic missions even with the bug or if there is a way to remove it.

Lennart -

I don't know why and how this blips affects the paramedic side mission. If you are either playing on steam, the Japanese or the int version, I might be able to look into it when you give me your savefile ;) 

Neconaid
8 hours ago, Lennart - said:

I don't know why and how this blips affects the paramedic side mission. If you are either playing on steam, the Japanese or the int version, I might be able to look into it when you give me your savefile ;) 

I was originally playing it on steam, but after I installed a bunch of mods I converted the savefile to the international version (no the conversion has nothing to do with it).

Sure I'll send you the save, thanks 😊.