MOTW #118

Your favorite mission is  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite mission is

• "Dip In Black" by Hype Predzz
    • "Kong Foo Mastah II" by omigawail

Snowflakes172
7 hours ago, VikingEVM said:

There is no parody of anything and i found it difficult to understand what was going on

Why not?

At the most it was not very understandable the mission (because English is not my language, so I use Google Translate + Corrections made by me)... But I can try to fix possible errors in English

If not the problem I mentioned, you need to express yourself better on the theme.

omigawail
1 hour ago, Alex Magana said:

You are calling people first-timers when we are all same role in this mod, there's no oldest/newest to this game. I am an old designer too but that's not a point at all to brag out to people and make them feel bad. Let's  not ruin MOTW with our OFF-TOPIC discussion and stick ON-TOPIC.

Good luck to participants as it's still early to brag out for MOTW, 3 more days left for people to post their missions.

Note: Many people out there especially the older designers you call prefer to create single mission packs instead of MOTWs or they are busy IRL.

• First timer is not an insult, it's a way to describe someone new to the forums
  • New to the forums btw, not new to this mod.
  • I couldn't find any message I posted where I bragged about being an "old designer". Especially since I'm not even that old lol.
  • Why did you think I was talking about you when I said first timers? You're older than anyone else here.
  • I didn't go offtopic, I was talking about MOTW and a certain group of people who didn't participate in it
  • That group knows itself, I don't need to clarify to you especially since you are out of the loop here.
  • By "older designers" (Older is a bit wrong, since they are not that old and I don't mean all the old designers) I mean DennysCute, Giorgia, JackMuller, and Martin Strada.
  • These people just want the same old done & dusted basic themes, and once someone comes up with a fun and challenging idea they all just go hide in whatever rabbit hole they dug for themselves and skip that week's theme.

Nuddle King

For the last time, Shut your damn mouth, and let's us play the missions and parcipate, if the mission is wrong, THE hoster will deal with it, now get us some more funny photos, gentle guy.

Spoiler

Everybody expect him, try not to response with disrespecting posts about me, do not interfere, is just me and him.

VikingEVM
22 minutes ago, ωilL said:

Why not?

At the most it was not very understandable the mission (because English is not my language, so I use Google Translate + Corrections made by me)... But I can try to fix possible errors in English

If not the problem I mentioned, you need to express yourself better on the theme.

"is a work created to imitate, make fun of, or comment on an original work"
I didn't understand what you are actually making fun of. Is it a Saw parody?

VikingEVM
On 8/7/2018 at 4:53 PM, ZekoX said:

Here is my mission:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/54877

Remember in mind, it's only cutscenes.

Sorry man, but your mission does not fit the theme 😥

I though this was an easy theme. Perhaps we should stick to more generic themes in MOTW contests and maybe open a new one with more challenging ones. Sorry people :[

omigawail
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, VikingEVM said:

I though this was an easy theme. Perhaps we should stick to more generic themes in MOTW contests and maybe open a new one with more challenging ones. Sorry people :[

In previous MOTW's where there was only one participant they just skipped the voting and and hosted the next MOTW as soon as possible.

Edited by omigawail

Alex Magana
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, VikingEVM said:

It wasnt your mistake at all, just keep the MOTW mission up. There are so many plenty ideas to create Parody missions but seems people are lazy to understand and create one lol.

It is an easy theme for designers lol.

Edited by Alex Magana

VikingEVM

Poll created, time to vote

Target13

My vote goes to omigawail. A very well designed mission fitting the theme.

Also, I don't know if it's a coincidence or a reference to the protagonist from No Age Limit but it was delightful to have Grandpa Jenkins come see my totally inevitable victory which I certainly worked really hard for.

Nuddle King

I voted for Dip in Black, is was good to be honest, it's great to see a parody of a old famous movie"Men In Black", when I was kid I was seeing the movies of it and talking about it with my father, it's was one my favorite childhood movies series.

So my vote goes to Hype Predzz. GG!

Giorgia Vinegar
Posted (edited)

My vote goes to Alex Magana!! :):)

Edited by Giorgia Vinegar

omigawail

@Dare_Devil22's vote is excluded because the account is new.

@Nuddle King: The mission is not a Men in Black parody. The trailer is misleading.

Nuddle King

Like I said, you not the hoster, the hoster know what he do.

Also I like the parody, even it is or not, it's was hard to choose the best mission, so I played your two mission again too see, and here my vote goes to Alex.

omigawail
4 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

Like I said, you not the hoster, the hoster know what he do.

Also I like the parody, even it is or not, it's was hard to choose the best mission, so I played your two mission again too see, and here my vote goes to Alex.

You didn't "play" Alex's mission, there is nothing to play. It's just cutscenes.

Nuddle King

Is called "playing" in my opinion.

Why you so jealous about Alex mission?

Target13

I don't think people are voting honestly. The new comers (or at least those who have voted for Dip in Black) are purely playing politics here to keep omigawail from winning this contest and further preventing them from hosting the next one.

I think this is disgusting and undermining MOTW's purpose of rewarding the best missions. With all due respect to the designer, Dip in Black is short cutscene only mission which fails at it's attempt at humor. While I won't ignore the fact that it's animations and object placement were good, it is obvious that Kong Foo Mastah II is the better mission here. You may dismiss this as my opinion only but I'm positive that any experienced DYOM member would agree.

Don't vote against quality just because you aren't fond of the designer.

ZekoX

Omigawail's mission was perfect. Nothing wrong with it, well "Dip in black" was only cutscenes. 

My vote goes to:

omigawail

Nuddle King
Posted (edited)
Just now, Target13 said:

I don't think people are voting honestly. The new comers (or at least those who have voted for Dip in Black) are purely playing politics here to keep omigawail from winning this contest and further preventing them from hosting the next one.

I think this is disgusting and undermining MOTW's purpose of rewarding the best missions. With all due respect to the designer, Dip in Black is short cutscene only mission which fails at it's attempt at humor. While I won't ignore the fact that it's animations and object placement were good, it is obvious that Kong Foo Mastah II is the better mission here. You may dismiss this as my opinion only but I'm positive that any experienced DYOM member would agree.

That not what I mean, what I was meaning, this guy is been jealous with those mission, like he look too much, last time before he come to MOTW, MOTW was having no problems, I don't disrespect him, I already played his mission, it's good but Kong Foo is not a good thing to be a parody, the other mission who is only cutscene is a great mission that exist, like you watching a movie parody and eating popcorn, that would be nice, the designer must respect his friends of his mission, not accuse them of things that make the mission negligent and independet.  

Edited by Nuddle King

Alex Magana
Posted (edited)

Actually i love when people doing fake arguments at me, it reminds me my fake friends IRL lol smh. I never was a newcomer to people eyes just because i started doing MOTW missions that's not mean i am newcomer if i had free time to spend in this mod i would make my first MOTW missions back in years where: 

GTA!!! |  Miclin |  Tony Resta

were newcomers too and they succeed in DYOM without statements and arguments.

I dont care if i win or if i loose in MOTW for me it's not special at all i am participating and still using DYOM just because i didnt got bored of it yet and it has some fun just like San Andreas Multiplayer. 

Also for this MOTW mission there's no requirements to say the mission should be gameplay or cutscenes only, that's why it's a  parody MOTW. I've seen many parody trailers and they both are cutscenes only so your statements against me and my mission are wrong.

Have a nice day

Edited by Alex Magana

omigawail
10 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

That not what I mean, what I was meaning, this guy is been jealous with those mission, like he look too much, last time before he come to MOTW, MOTW was having no problems, I don't disrespect him, I already played his mission, it's good but Kong Foo is not a good thing to be a parody, the other mission who is only cutscene is a great mission that exist, like you watching a movie parody and eating popcorn, that would be nice, the designer must respect his friends of his mission, not accuse them of things that make the mission negligent and independet.  

I'm not accusing, I'm merely stating the fact that his mission is not close enough to the theme that VikingEVM selected for this MOTW.

Also, you don't just eat popcorn and watch. It doesn't have to be a movie, to be the parody of a movie. You can parody a movie in a videogame, you can parody a book in a movie, you can parody a genre in a film etc.

The issue here, is that you guys are thinking that what @VikingEVM means by a parody is this or this. That is simply not true, what he means by a parody is this (Parody of zombie movies).

Target13
29 minutes ago, Alex Magana said:

Also for this MOTW mission there's no requirements to say the mission should be gameplay or cutscenes only

You are correct but that isn't my point. My point is that compared to omigawail's mission, yours isn't better in terms of quality.

@Nuddle King

The fact that you cannot name a reason besides "is not a good thing to be a parody" just shows how biased you are against omigawail.

I think you should practice what you preach and show them a little respect.

Nuddle King

the fact Kong Foo is can be a parody but not a 100% parody, the most parody genre are Drama, Zombies, Aliens, this what I was thinking, and I am not against him, I am telling what the parody should be perfectly, I been in DYOM more than him, I already respect him but your opinion I am not, The best thing that designer do is respecting each other, not like a guy start to talk with him what he have done by incident and then he reply by"you a racist, you starting drama" that what I don't like, nowadays everbody think that drama is everything, think twice.

the fact Kong Foo is can be a parody but not a 100% parody, the most parody genre are Drama, Zombies, Aliens, this what I was thinking, and I am not against him, I am telling what the parody should be perfectly, I been in DYOM more than him, I already respect him but your opinion I am not, The best thing that designer do is respecting each other, not like a guy start to talk with him what he have done by incident and then he reply by"you a racist, you starting drama" that what I don't like, nowadays everbody think that drama is everything, think twice.

@omigawail and the victim complex is not true, it's was my mistake that I thought he rated me 0, again, think twice and look by your e.y.e.s

omigawail

Martial arts movies are some of the most common parodies. Just google it and you'll find hundreds of Kung Fu parodies.

If you're too lazy to do so, or your moral obligations stop you from being wrong, here are some examples: Kung Fu Hustle, Kung Fu Panda, Kung Fury, Kung Pow! Enter the fist. 

Nuddle King

I see they seems not to be most of a parodies, they only kung fu that all, if you a fan of kung fu thing, I won't interfere, so calm down.

VikingEVM

your-politics-bore-me.jpg

I am away from home. When i come back i will reply to this bunch of nonsense and also cast my vote but who cares this MOTW went completely blyat.

I'm actually disappointed by what i'm generally seeing. I thought this forum would've been a good spot to confront myself with other DYOM creators and give and receive constructive feedback, either bad or good. Instead i see politics, unnecessary protests (here i'm referring to the previous MOTW), and now this.

Target13

@Nuddle King

The argument here is not whether or not you liked Kong Foo Mastah II, it is that you plainly voted against it because of your of your feud with the designer.

I am recusing myself from this discussion because I don't see it going anywhere. But I must remind you ( and I really hope you can set your ego aside for a second) is that it isn't Omigawail who has been disrupting MOTW but you instead. 

Nuddle King

For the last time you contineu the damn drama, again, I am not disrespecting omiga, it's the opposite, also stop being a pro guy, act like what you was in the past, a good designer. you have arugment with me?Take it personal, I am trying my best to be a good guy, but you guys........I still wonder why I am different than others, in my opinion I think you guys are rude sometimes, but in your opinion you think I am the rude one.

SkyGTA_User
Posted (edited)

probably the MOTW with the least comments

Detective Sky

There's another mouth war going on around here..

For my thoughts, i do not appreciate on how people does not respect someone's opinions, i can't call it politics, it depends on a person's taste of mission, and also, honestly, i found the theme boring.

The only thing that i can only call politics is how people don't listen to the voices of someone's heart.

My vision is, that Omigawail started the quarrel, why?

Omigawail humiliates Nuddle King's english and grammar as Nuddle King says 'playing' the missions.

then Nuddle King just protects himself to humiliation of Omigawail

I rest my case..

Edited by SkyGTA_User

Aftab

Hi guys, so when will next motw start?

Giorgia Vinegar
24 minutes ago, Aftab said:

Hi guys, so when will next motw start?

Soon.