3. Site Suggestions

ThatKyloRenGuy

Ideas for a new Rockstar game

mustafa the king

why they don t make a game about battel royle like fortnite

Beato_dim
On 9/15/2018 at 9:48 PM, mustafa the king said:

why they don t make a game about battel royle like fortnite

Isn't there enough of those already? Rockstar was never really about 'following the leader'.

Mike R.L.

a new State of Emergency game could be cool, and unexpected. they've certainly got the cash to take the risk on resurrecting old titles. more than likely will be GTA next, and I bet if I know Rockstar we'll have a teaser of it sometime around march-july 2019.

Spider-Vice

March 2019 might be too early if they intend on releasing something like Undead Nightmare for RDR2, but who knows really...

Emmi
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

March 2019 might be too early if they intend on releasing something like Undead Nightmare for RDR2, but who knows really...

All I really hope for is them announcing Bully 2 sometime next year ... everything else is secondary. But tbh, can we really expect a new game announcement from them next year - I think 2020 is more likely.

American Venom

Personally I've been craving for R* to try their hand at a full fledged horror game for years. I know there's been the Manhunt games and Undead Nightmare, but I'm thinking of something within the realm of Silent Hill, the Evil Within etc.

Beato_dim
On 9/21/2018 at 4:35 PM, xXxRyanxXx said:

Personally I've been craving for R* to try their hand at a full fledged horror game for years. I know there's been the Manhunt games and Undead Nightmare, but I'm thinking of something within the realm of Silent Hill, the Evil Within etc.

I don't know about that. Rockstar is all about open-world gaming for some time, and I'm not sure it would work really well in a horror scenario.

American Venom
5 hours ago, Beato_dim said:

I don't know about that. Rockstar is all about open-world gaming for some time, and I'm not sure it would work really well in a horror scenario.

You've never played an open world horror game before? Might I recommend The Evil Within 2 and besides it doesn't need to be open world. IMO the horror genre is better suited for linear/corridor type games and R* have made those kind of games in the past.

xXPinguXx
10 hours ago, xXxRyanxXx said:

You've never played an open world horror game before? Might I recommend The Evil Within 2 and besides it doesn't need to be open world. IMO the horror genre is better suited for linear/corridor type games and R* have made those kind of games in the past.

Dead Rising is one example as well. 😁

Beato_dim
17 hours ago, xXxRyanxXx said:

IMO the horror genre is better suited for linear/corridor type games and R* have made those kind of games in the past.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I mean, horror game pretty much equals Silent Hill for me, so yeah.

Piggsy pls

It's unlikely but I still would like to see Manhunt 3 or some sort of spin-off of the franchise utilizing the stealth and executions mechanic. It always seemed like Agent was supposed to be that game.

woggleman

They should make a post apocalyptic game where you travel across a society that has completely fallen apart. It could sort of be an open TLOU but without the infected.

Beato_dim
On 10/26/2018 at 9:45 PM, woggleman said:

They should make a post apocalyptic game where you travel across a society that has completely fallen apart. It could sort of be an open TLOU but without the infected.

I think it would be too barren to be a particularly interesting sandbox. I mean, there's Fallout, but still.

Reddeadhero

I have this great idea for a game I think rockstar would do a great job with it's about a samurai they were officers in medieval and early japanese history they were normaly referred to as bushi I think making a game about samuria would be amazing look how well they made rdr2 just think out medieval Japan would look and feel please rockstar consider this game you could make a samuria that was a officer but left cause his master died or something like that please consider this 

Gummy 

A Max Payne prequel? Focusing on investigating various criminal cases in the style of L.A. Noire but with the gunplay of Max Payne 3.

TheSantader25

Well we know R* don't do fantasy games. They have a franchise called GTA to cover 80s-present

And RDR for the 19th century and early 20th century. They did LA NOIRE but I think it's time for a new IP set in the 20s or 30s or 40s with mobster themes(like Capone and Bugsy). Chicago would be the perfect place. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Jabalous

I personally don't think that Rockstar will attempt to create a new IP because of the amount of money and time investment they've been putting into development since GTA V. It's risky as we all know, but trust me, I'd like them to diversify more, so let's star with Agent. I like the idea of the game, but unfortunately it has been nothing but a vaporware as far as we know. I see many ideas of post-apocalyptic and sc-fi games, but for Rockstar that we know, none of that is going to happen and I like it.   

Edited by Jabalous

Copcaller

I'd be down for a game in the future kind of like gta 2 with gangs,mega corporations and flying cars. Something like Marvel's future stories where you got all this advanced tech but the world is still a sh*thole 

But then again there's cyberpunk 2077

Edited by Copcaller

BurnettVice

A pirate game or a pulpy adventure type game like Indiana Jones set in the 30s. I would like to see Manhunt 3 focus on the cartels and human trafficking like in Sicario. 

Spoiler

When I reached Guarma in RDR2, felt like I was playing Uncharted. I see ots of potential.

Hmmm nice bike
On 12/30/2018 at 3:02 AM, BurnettVice said:

I would like to see Manhunt 3 focus on the cartels and human trafficking like in Sicario. 

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. If they wanted to bring back Manhunt, one way they could keep it fresh instead of just rehashing the first game because it's what everyone is nostalgic for is setting it either in Mexico or along the US/Mexico border. I watched a documentary on National Geographic last night about a Mexican-American guy from El Paso, TX who ended up being arrested right across the border in Juarez and wrongly accused of crimes that his cousin committed, he was tortured by the police for it, thrown in jail, and he ended up actually being dragged into some Sinaloa business while trying to defend himself and escape.

I think this would make an excellent game on its own. An innocent guy trying to escape the country while being hunted down by everyone. Rivaling cartels, small-time street gangs, corrupt police, corrupt military, and border guards, all in a "kill or be killed" situation and running through areas like dilapidated streets and buildings, an out-of-control prison, the desert, etc. And with the brutality that exists within the cartels (i.e. the infamous chainsaw video), it would no doubt fit extremely well into a franchise like Manhunt.

All they'd have to do is continue the tradition of setting it in the same universe/timeline as GTA and it'd be an awesome game!

JayKed20

A game sort of like True Crime, where you play as a cop and go around responding to crimes and stuff.

jcole

i came up with a great idea for a rockstar game 

the title would be Gangland

it would be set in the year 1934 and revolving around the mafia in nyc in the 1930s. it would be an open world game with a map consisting of new york city and its upstate countryside. the story would go where you start off as a street hoodlum in brooklyn new york and join the mafia and rise through the ranks of a mafia family until you become boss. once you become boss you unlock this rts mode that can be activated by going in to your office and sitting at your desk where it gives you an rts like view over the city and surrounding countryside. you can send henchmen to do your dirty work, manage your businesses, and put hits on rival mobsters with this mode. or if you still feel like getting your hands dirty even when you're boss you can get in all the shootouts and action and do the dirty work to rule new york city. 

the game will be kinda similar to the old godfather games were take over territory, go to war with rival mafia families, and rule the city. the game will also be like gta by having things like random events,side missions,free roam and more. it will also feature an online mod were you can build your own mafia empire and other players have their own mafia family and you can either make allies with them or go to war with them. the game will feature a diversity of weapons such as knifes,bats,pistols,shotguns,tommy guns,BARs,sniper rifles, molotovs, sticky bombs, and grenades. a game like this would be cool for rockstar games to make because rdr is based off old western movies, max payne and gta are based off modern day action movies, and this game would be based off old gangster films. and this game will also have an option in the display settings that makes the game look black and white kinda like what la noire had. anyway this is just some kick ass video game idea i came up with. id love to see your guy's thoughts and opinions. let me know what you guys think about this cool game idea i came up with.

spoonman039

my ideas:

1) pirate game

2) war-related game (could be WW2, WW1 or even civil war which I'd prefer)

2) futuristic style GTA (like GTA2)

3) modernized GTA online - instead of being part of GTAV, it would be a standalone game. you would be able to have access to different maps (cities) and travel to another via plane tickets. of course each map would be a DLC, but it would be free to download if you bought a coresponding game (LS for GTAV or LC for GTA IV/EFLC). maps would be updated, so for example LS wouldn't be stuck in 2013, or LS in 2008.

jcole

now i know my idea sounded alot similar to the mafia games but i want a game like this but better than the mafia games with a non linear map that includes the city and the countryside.

Chunky Chopsticks

1. A Stealth/spy based game set in the Cold War. The protagonist must do whatever it takes to stop corrupt individuals on both sides from starting a full blown nuclear war. 

2. A game set somewhere between the late 1600s and early 1700s in colonial America. The protagonist is a Native American chieftain whose tribe gets almost completely wiped out in an ambush by the colonists and now must unite various surrounding tribes in order to go to war with the colonists. 

3. A pirate game. Pirates were very evil people who are so much worse than mainstream media makes them out to be, and since Rockstar seems to thrive under controversy, I think they could make a really good pirate game. 

Corndawg93

A pirate game, where you play as a deck hand and one day a storm blows over and blows away the entire ship, now with the help of Gold Leg The Legendary Pirate you must track down your fallen pirates friends and make your ship great again for the lack of a better term

BurnettVice

I had this idea in my head for awhile now. R* should buy the rights to Kane & Lynch, just like they did with Max Payne. They could make a third one or do a reboot. I really like the characters. They're not good people at all, these guys are very horrible. The games don't try to glamorize crime, it tries to show the harsh realities of it.The gameplay should just be like MP3. Kane should be the protagonist but there will be co-op, so you can play as Lynch. Bring back the takedowns, with the push dagger! Lynch should be crazy again lol, throughout the story he loses his sh*t just like in dead men. Bring back the theme of betrayal. Low-key miss when Kane & Lynch hate each other lol. 

Tao Cheng

Aruba Salaryman: You play as a and law abiding citizen raised in America already struggling to survive living a normal day in Aruba without getting mugged or jumped, the objective of the game is to do go about your mundane life as in morning routines such as brushing your teeth, going to your work and critical think on how to do your job properly, etc. Gameplay mechanics similar to LA Noire! Lifetime hours of gameplay! Should come with PS VR!

Edited by Tao Cheng

Grotti Vigilante

Like others have suggested, I'd like to see Rockstar do a Pirate game. I think that it'd be a great opportunity for them to do with that genre what they did with the western genre with Red Dead. That's the most realistic new IP that I can imagine them making. I mean granted it would be interesting to see how they tackle other games as well. Undead Nightmare was a nice zombie game despite that particular subgenre of horror being done to death these days, but there's not a lot of good dinosaur games out there it seems. I remember playing Peter Jackson's King Kong and still to this day you don't get a game that can scare you more than a giant gaping mouth of a dinosaur trying to eat you. I can't see Rockstar doing a Skull Island survival horror game though, and I don't blame them. They excel much better with open-world and more reality-based stories, so my suggestion is going for something in the Golden Age of Piracy or the ending of the era.

Edited by Grotti Vigilante

Beato_dim
13 hours ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

Like others have suggested, I'd like to see Rockstar do a Pirate game. I think that it'd be a great opportunity for them to do with that genre what they did with the western genre with Red Dead. That's the most realistic new IP that I can imagine them making. I mean granted it would be interesting to see how they tackle other games as well. Undead Nightmare was a nice zombie game despite that particular subgenre of horror being done to death these days, but there's not a lot of good dinosaur games out there it seems. I remember playing Peter Jackson's King Kong and still to this day you don't get a game that can scare you more than a giant gaping mouth of a dinosaur trying to eat you. I can't see Rockstar doing a Skull Island survival horror game though, and I don't blame them. They excel much better with open-world and more reality-based stories, so my suggestion is going for something in the Golden Age of Piracy or the ending of the era.

Gives me Pirates! Gold flashbacks. A rare example of an open world game on early consoles.