Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mexicola9302

[GTAO] Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars)

Engine Resistance & Advanced Flag Poll  

173 members have voted

  1. 1. How should they be altered/changed?

    • A. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be removed from all cars, and they should not be added to any old or new cars. (Back to the roots, make all cars like before SSASSS).
    • B. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, just the way they are. (Ruin all cars, limit their RPM, make them jumpy offroad, etc)
    • C. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, but improved and more balanced so it makes more sense. Vehicles should not slow down on uneven roads, etc.


Recommended Posts

Tennyzulander
Just now, Mexicola9302 said:

I hope he gets several thousands more let's say 25K+ or something, this can't just get wiped under the carpet.

So your saying he has to have about 25k to make something happen? Why not can it just be 5k or 10k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302
Posted (edited)

We don't know if they do anything about it, but the more the better, right?

Edited by Mexicola9302

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SantasLittleHelper
4 minutes ago, Tennyzulander said:

How many signatures do we have to get signed in order for them to do something about it? We have quite alot already and soo many people are still signing. 

There is no concrete number that guarantees an action from Rockstar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

I refused to sign the first petition as I do not want any of the old cars burdened with the flags. Thank God Broughy is backing one that has the sense to ask for the flags to be removed across the board. Broughy gets on my nerves from time to time, but he's really come through here. Hopefully this gains decent traction (no pun)..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302

99,9% want the flags removed, but some ppl here bitched about it that there wasn't a choice, so i kinda had to include them. Thank god it doesn't matter anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
4 minutes ago, SantasLittleHelper said:

There is no concrete number that guarantees an action from Rockstar...

Ah, ok. I just hope R* responds which I truly believe they will. Look at all the email, tweets, and signatures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302

While we typed these few posts it jumped from 3464 to 3.485.

 

:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenkiiii
6 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

I refused to sign the first petition as I do not want any of the old cars burdened with the flags. Thank God Broughy is backing one that has the sense to ask for the flags to be removed across the board. Broughy gets on my nerves from time to time, but he's really come through here. Hopefully this gains decent traction (no pun)..

Who doesn't get on your nerves from time-to-time? Try marriage!
He's honest and the leader of an avid racing community, so let's all get behind this petition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Tennyzulander said:

How many signatures do we have to get signed in order for them to do something about it? We have quite alot already and soo many people are still signing. 

The point of an online petition is to raise awareness about an issue, sure, R* is not obligated to actually fix the issue, but the more people sign the petition, the more likely is that R* gets pressured into fixing it or at least acknowledge it.

 

9 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

Who doesn't get on your nerves from time-to-time? Try marriage!
He's honest and the leader of an avid racing community, so let's all get behind this petition.

Some people mistake Broughy being critical of the game with being whiny.

 

Now that I mention it, it's astounding how much outright hate this petition gets in r/gtaonline. "Hurr durr, r* is not fixing anything, stop bitching".

 

Let's prove the haters wrong people!

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy
7 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

Who doesn't get on your nerves from time-to-time? Try marriage!
He's honest and the leader of an avid racing community, so let's all get behind this petition.

I was being nice, really it's most of the time, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he does. I watch his testing videos and his creator races as well, and most times I scoff at least once at something he says. Despite the minor gripes I have, I'm very glad he's gotten behind this issue, if anything it changes my opinion of him largely for the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
On 8/17/2018 at 3:14 AM, Mexicola9302 said:

One more signed it, now it's 93/100. :D 

What does 93/100 mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenkiiii
1 minute ago, AUScowboy said:

I was being nice, really it's most of the time, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he does. I watch his testing videos and his creator races as well, and most times I scoff at least once at something he says. Despite the minor gripes I have, I'm very glad he's gotten behind this issue, if anything it changes my opinion of him largely for the better.

I agree, he's a bit smug and me-me-me-me ad-nauseam, and constantly refers to standard GTA as 'vanilla' instead of respecting that he actively supports a modded GTA version (which may have a negative effect on getting his petition acted on?). Apologies for attacking you, and Broughy for that matter, but I still like him and listen to his opinion, so let's get behind him and get these flags removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
3 minutes ago, Tennyzulander said:

What does 93/100 mean?

It means 93 persons of the 100 that was the first goal have signed, at least iirc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
3 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

It means 93 persons of the 100 that was the first goal have signed, at least iirc 

Oh, ok. Nice! It's quite impressive that broughy got this many people to sign a petition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
41 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

While we typed these few posts it jumped from 3464 to 3.485.

 

:D 

3513 now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
37 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

The point of an online petition is to raise awareness about an issue, sure, R* is not obligated to actually fix the issue, but the more people sign the petition, the more likely is that R* gets pressured into fixing it or at least acknowledge it.

 

Some people mistake Broughy being critical of the game with being whiny.

 

Now that I mention it, it's astounding how much outright hate this petition gets in r/gtaonline. "Hurr durr, r* is not fixing anything, stop bitching".

 

Let's prove the haters wrong people!

Yes, so many pessimistic people being negative about the flags being removed. Many people keep saying "it's a waste of time or R* wont fix anything". A small minority of people don't want the flags removed because they are afraid of some classes being unbalanced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo-Hendrix
5 minutes ago, Tennyzulander said:

Yes, so many pessimistic people being negative about the flags being removed. Many people keep saying "it's a waste of time or R* wont fix anything". A small minority of people don't want the flags removed because they are afraid of some classes being unbalanced. 

I mean, I can't blame people being pessimistic about R* not doing anything, but here's the thing, we can't really know if we don't try!

 

Also, while I understand the people worrief about these vehicles breaking their classes (again), it could also set a precedent to encourage R* to nerf and buff them accordingly and even if they don't, at least we could get some cars that are actually competitive instead of being garage queens anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
12 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

I mean, I can't blame people being pessimistic about R* not doing anything, but here's the thing, we can't really know if we don't try!

 

Also, while I understand the people worrief about these vehicles breaking their classes (again), it could also set a precedent to encourage R* to nerf and buff them accordingly and even if they don't, at least we could get some cars that are actually competitive instead of being garage queens anyway.

Yes, why leave 36 vehicles ruined and just them just sitting in your garage? I rather be able to drive these vehicles and have a amazing driving experience with them than to waste money on cars that aren't no good. If these vehicles break the class, race in lobbies where people don't use them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AUScowboy said:

I refused to sign the first petition as I do not want any of the old cars burdened with the flags. Thank God Broughy is backing one that has the sense to ask for the flags to be removed across the board. Broughy gets on my nerves from time to time, but he's really come through here. Hopefully this gains decent traction (no pun)..

I'm definitely not a big fan of the modern youtube/gaming craze. Granted, MrBoss-types saw to that, lol.

 

But, IMHO, this really is a good thing to do with such reach out there. It benefits all and doesn't hamper anyone, I believe. If MrBoss and the like did things like this, I'd certainly show more respect towards it rather than see all the exploits shown and such. 

1 hour ago, Jenkiiii said:

Who doesn't get on your nerves from time-to-time? Try marriage!

Ha-ha... Yeah. :(

 

Love her really, but with you here. And I've no doubt she'd say the same of me, lol.

 

The Jester Classic fallout gives me hope, and in a way, RDRO as they are asking for feedback there too so I'd like to think we have a chance to be heard at least. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302

Really wanna drive these babies without flags.

 

JDWLJjDfQU2POpr6iPbWtg_0_0.jpgK6i_bMgtD0qaR0OLaiftcw_0_0.jpgojHjokl7PE-GYf8N0hBExA_0_0.jpgKCR-gC4q002b7YDOCpaNUA_0_0.jpgFzIXheXT3UC6sd1NmVh1TQ_0_0.jpg

They all just collect dust in the garage. :( Man i hope they remove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
10 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Really wanna drive these babies without flags.

 

JDWLJjDfQU2POpr6iPbWtg_0_0.jpgK6i_bMgtD0qaR0OLaiftcw_0_0.jpgojHjokl7PE-GYf8N0hBExA_0_0.jpgKCR-gC4q002b7YDOCpaNUA_0_0.jpgFzIXheXT3UC6sd1NmVh1TQ_0_0.jpg

They all just collect dust in the garage. :( Man i hope they remove it.

I wanna drive the itali gto, Dominator GTX, caracara, flash gt, gb200, ellie, entity xxr, and the Jester classic without the flags. The GTX handles like a sports car and needs to be in the sports category. It pulls off sport cars times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302

It sucks that they all sound like lawnmowers, especially Ellie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
3 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

It sucks that they all sound like lawnmowers, especially Ellie.

They are like actual muscle cars. But they have the typical generic muscle car sound tho. I love the sound of the Buffalo S, gauntlet, clique, and sabre turbo then they share the same sound. I love that sound! 

7 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

It sucks that they all sound like lawnmowers, especially Ellie.

Lots of these cars sound like 4 cylinders or 6 cylinder inclines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302
Posted (edited)

I mean the RPM not the sound itself, i guess you know what i mean.

 

It just sounds so weird, all the up and down shifting, etc. 

 

 

Edited by Mexicola9302

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzardtohimself

I know we like to (usually rightly) poke fun at the dumb mistakes / decisions that Rockstar has introduced over the years, and continue our B&M after our concerns are ignored. Models are glitched, NPCs are bi-polar stupid / OP, game modes are unbalanced etc. 

 

However, the handling flags are genuinely a threat to Rockstar if left as they are (or worse, added to future content). They may be raking in Shark Card sales hand-over-fist regardless, but the publicity the flags are receiving will impact R*'s continued income. 

 

Even little Johnny Squeakbox will either hear the feedback, or maybe even figure out himself that the $750K old supercar is faster and more controllable than the $2M new supercar, and buy the cheaper option. 

 

And to future games - if we are experiencing the first glimpses of the handling in GTA6 / GTA2.0 with the flags, is that really an incentive to buy the next chapter if the vehicles handle weirdly? I know that I was very hesitant to buy GTA5 after the wallowing physics of some of the vehicles in GTA4, but I was relieved to find that the GTA5 coders had got things right... at least initially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
2 hours ago, Hazzardtohimself said:

I know we like to (usually rightly) poke fun at the dumb mistakes / decisions that Rockstar has introduced over the years, and continue our B&M after our concerns are ignored. Models are glitched, NPCs are bi-polar stupid / OP, game modes are unbalanced etc. 

 

However, the handling flags are genuinely a threat to Rockstar if left as they are (or worse, added to future content). They may be raking in Shark Card sales hand-over-fist regardless, but the publicity the flags are receiving will impact R*'s continued income. 

 

Even little Johnny Squeakbox will either hear the feedback, or maybe even figure out himself that the $750K old supercar is faster and more controllable than the $2M new supercar, and buy the cheaper option. 

 

And to future games - if we are experiencing the first glimpses of the handling in GTA6 / GTA2.0 with the flags, is that really an incentive to buy the next chapter if the vehicles handle weirdly? I know that I was very hesitant to buy GTA5 after the wallowing physics of some of the vehicles in GTA4, but I was relieved to find that the GTA5 coders had got things right... at least initially. 

I say the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302
Posted (edited)

I was okay with the handling of the GTA IV cars, at least they didn't bounce around or had this weird engines, but they all understeered what sucked, but it was still drivable.

 

Comet, Sultan RS, Sentinel, Turismo, Super GT and Infernus where my favorites to drive, but it was a bit more challenging than it is now in V. And i really loved the Turismo it just looked very nice.

 

I made several playthroughs in GTA IV, i still haven't done all the sidemissions in GTA V Singleplayer, because i just don't like the story very much.

 

I hope GTA VI is without mutliple protagonists, i don't like the concept at all in V, but that's offtopic.

 

Back to topic the number of supporters is 3.839 now.

Edited by Mexicola9302

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999

Just past 4K signed on Broughy’s now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennyzulander
10 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I was okay with the handling of the GTA IV cars, at least they didn't bounce around or had this weird engines, but they all understeered what sucked, but it was still drivable.

 

Comet, Sultan RS, Sentinel, Turismo, Super GT and Infernus where my favorites to drive, but it was a bit more challenging than it is now in V. And i really loved the Turismo it just looked very nice.

 

I made several playthroughs in GTA IV, i still haven't done all the sidemissions in GTA V Singleplayer, because i just don't like the story very much.

 

I hope GTA VI is without mutliple protagonists, i don't like the concept at all in V, but that's offtopic.

 

Back to topic the number of supporters is 3.839 now.

I loved gta driving physics!! However,  the cars understeer too much and has no brakes. I was a good ass driver in gta 4. I've been a avid serious racer from the gta racing community since 2014 and have a racing channel on YouTube. I don't mind the driving in gta 5. Gta 5 driving mechanics feel too much like a racing game though but I'm fine with that. 

11 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I was okay with the handling of the GTA IV cars, at least they didn't bounce around or had this weird engines, but they all understeered what sucked, but it was still drivable.

 

Comet, Sultan RS, Sentinel, Turismo, Super GT and Infernus where my favorites to drive, but it was a bit more challenging than it is now in V. And i really loved the Turismo it just looked very nice.

 

I made several playthroughs in GTA IV, i still haven't done all the sidemissions in GTA V Singleplayer, because i just don't like the story very much.

 

I hope GTA VI is without mutliple protagonists, i don't like the concept at all in V, but that's offtopic.

 

Back to topic the number of supporters is 3.839 now.

Here's a insane batter between me and another individual from the racing community a while back. I learned and understand gta 5 driving mechanics throughout the years. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302

Ugh the name of this guy, KingYoloSwag really?

 

:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.