2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mexicola9302

[GTAO] Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars)

Engine Resistance & Advanced Flag Poll  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How should they be altered/changed?

• A. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be removed from all cars, and they should not be added to any old or new cars. (Back to the roots, make all cars like before SSASSS).
    • B. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, just the way they are. (Ruin all cars, limit their RPM, make them jumpy offroad, etc)
    • C. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, but improved and more balanced so it makes more sense. Vehicles should not slow down on uneven roads, etc.

Mexicola9302

It just felt right to also offer the worst option. I doubt anyone will vote it tho. And if some vote option B, they really just want the game destroyed, or they are trolls, we can see their names. :D 

The Wandering Hunter

C because i'm an attack helicopter

Voted C, provided refitting of older cars is possible at all.

Chances are however this ends in an even greater mess.

Overall, it's performance vs. fun factor for me, with the latter winning. People correctly point out all the new cars are jumpy, and that's exactly what I like about them, because suddenly I actually get a feeling for on what kind of road I'm driving. If I take the Swinger at full speed over those bumpy roads in East Los Santos, I want to receive some grievance from that., because perfect cars are boring for me.

The additional flags and parameters add more individuality to the cars, and when I look at the new Swinger, this settles my point, indeed: It is very challenging to drive, this thing for sure does not stick to the ground and drives curves by itself, but that makes finally figuring out how to handle her, when to break, more rewarding for me. Maybe it's the motor power alone (probably even without flags, Ellie wouldn't be much fun)

So maybe R* should just head for an easier compromise: Add an option to races that allow keeping those two pools, cars-with-flags and those without, separated for race selection.  

Mexicola9302

The Jester Classic also handles pretty well, on road and offroad pretty realistic, but the engine itself is still crippled.

Jenkiiii

@Lucy_Woooolfe I raced with the Ocelot Swinger last night and it's really great. It's faster than other sports classics in a straight line, but you have to watch your back-end when hitting the corners, as well as being careful over bumps or traffic cones or anything else in your path. I think this is the way forward for cars in GTA online, but the handling flags need to be consistent so that cars like the Ocelot Swinger are not rendered useless in their class by the Turismo Classic, for example, that isn't effected by bumps and obstacles.

Seriously, Rockstar, the mix of new and old just isn't cricket.

Pedinhuh
21 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

The Jester Classic also handles pretty well, on road and offroad pretty realistic, but the engine itself is still crippled.

I don't think it's crippled at all, it does somewhere around 135 MPH on clock if you happen to find a straight long and even enough for it, for reference, the RE7B can't do more than 123 MPH on the clock too.

It also can do burnouts, only problem is when you accelerate with it.

Still though, that car is the example all other cars should follow, if we are talking about putting flags on all other cars.

Mexicola9302

Yeah but you still can hear how the RPM is limited, it's still weird somehow.

kenmy13999

The Jester Classic was 7 seconds slower than Pariah on one of my tracks with lap times of 1:21.xxx and 1:28.xxx so that shows a little how affected it is by the flags. Going to test Elegy retro and regular Jester later tonight but I know the times will be almost same as Pariah..

Mach1bud

Gonna move the poll to OPs original topic but probably won't get to it until later tonight. But yeah, I want full removal.

Nutduster

I don't think they should be messing with this in the current GTA Online, basically.  We know they won't get it right no matter how much they fiddle with it, and it will almost certainly cause problems when added to older cars that their testing won't catch, and then those cars will be ruined.

No thanks.  Save the physics experiments for the next game, when they have years to test it and can build the game from the ground up with these changes in the mix.  I'm not serious enough racer to care about curb boosting anyway, but even if I was, I would think it was a bad tradeoff to try to fix that minor exploit by potentially (read as: probably) screwing up so many other things.

Anasterian

Full removal. Just have your 'testing', then remove them in an update or two. Seriously there's no point owning any of those new cars right now because they either drive like sh*t, or perform like sh*t, or both. New Entity XXR - expensive supercar. I was hoping it'd be on par with the old Entity XF but... it isn't. It sucks.

Then there's that whole mountain of cars added in that Southern San Andreas Something Something Many S-es update which I don't even care to remember. Why would I? They're disappointing. 

Of course, I can understand if you want to own those cars for the looks. Go ahead.  But in terms of driving experience they don't seem worth it. At this point even the Lynx seems like a better idea - it's overpriced, and slow, but at least it drives ok. 

CarimboHanky
8 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

Metallica's first album .

KILL EM ALL 

liked for the mention of metallica... my fav band!

on the topic i voted for the removal.

i dont race at all but i dont see how the community benefits from those limitations. 

either remove it or go full tard and add it to all, but the current state make the newer cars useless in a racing environment.

Edited by CarimboHanky

Commander S

Option A, no question.

If they're going to try out new handling mechanics for GTA VI or whatever, then ...implement it with GTA VI.

Trying to bolt new modifiers on to some vehicles nearly half a decade into a game's lifespan is just daft - what's the point? And there's far too much room for screw-ups if they attempt to retroactively add them to the hundreds of vehicles already in the game.

Easier to just remove them from the several-dozen or fewer new vehicles that have them, and keep GTAO handling consistent.

Monkey_D_Dragon

Full removal.

Also, I wish DF was like it was in the CS days. Man, the community would've had some beastly cars by now. So much whining and groaning by a bunch of losers with T20s and Zentornos ruined everything for all of us. 😠

HamwithCheese

So, I've been thinking about them. The flags are a good opportunity to induce some variety in cars. Off-road cars could have soft springs, but slow steering. Supercars could be the opposite. Even better, instead of dividing cars into simple classes like that, they could divide them into classes depending on their base performance and tailor their driving characteristics yourself. Take Sultan RS, instead of placing in supers, you could chance how it drives by installing bumpy racing suspension, soft offroad suspension, road tires, whatever. 

MrTroubleMaker

remove them all .....

Voodoo-Hendrix

While I voted for C, I'll rather have A for now and then C in a later update, this means removing them now and R* testing them and improving them inhouse and implementing them in a later update.

They should do the same with things like downforce value and offroad loss, mainly the first one.

wizooord

Option 3 sounds.. Tempting.. But knowing how R* Might interpret it in their own very special way I literally went and brought a hammer, aligned my mouse on the first option and gave it a little tap. Got it on the second try. I don't want to take any risks. Back to the source we go and only when we are finally out of the water catching our breath, maybe try again then.

Example: Jester classic. Sure it feels better to drive because they worked on it but it still has those flags and they still harm the driving experience, the car is still jumpy and although double-clutch will only slow you down about 1 out of 5 times and not by much, it will never "speed you up" for that little umph feeling like some other cars. The revs might not die as much but it still doesn't feel smooth. "Drifting" is more difficult than it should be as well and will mostly disappoint, cars in gta can rarely catch grip while spinning wheels and exit a drift sharper than 80 degrees on the fly without stuttering to shift up, the flags make it near impossible and pointless. Forget throwing the car around! you gonna slow down and take the corner like all the NPC's around you! Safety first!

Edited by wizooord

^ I'm sitting between exactly these two chairs. C would be great for me, but I don't think it's even possible to do properly (or at all), and I also think only because many of us enjoy some aspects of the new flags, people shouldn't get their favorite old cars dramatically changed right under their butts (quite literally). It would certainly upset me with my beloved Sterling GT (which incidentally is a good example that cars can be pretty exciting to drive without any of these flags, too)

So overall, I'm coming around towards "A" (again, if it's even possible), since it's probably the cleanest solution for the majority.

Hence my suggestion to R* to at least offer e.g. race-lobby options to get those two car pools better separated for competition purposes, or creating an entirely new race series. Or if possible give players the choice to toggle flags on/off for their fleet (again, the third, if that's even possible, for I don't know how much the flags interact with actual parts of the car model)

Or maybe they should introduce flags only with classic cars, and leave the high performers alone.

Edited by Guest

slowburn29

The herd has spoken

Verstappen
17 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

I don't think it's crippled at all, it (Jester Classic) does somewhere around 135 MPH on clock if you happen to find a straight long and even enough for it, for reference, the RE7B can't do more than 123 MPH on the clock too.

The clock is incorrect.

REXX

Voted A. Flags should just be removed entirely and not touch previous vehicles just in case they end up messing something up.

So much potential with the SASSS vehicles (specially the Tyrant despite its size), but a line of code inteferes with everything.

#losethecode

Edited by REXX

Sentinel Driver
18 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

I don't think it's crippled at all, it does somewhere around 135 MPH on clock if you happen to find a straight long and even enough for it, for reference, the RE7B can't do more than 123 MPH on the clock too.

It also can do burnouts, only problem is when you accelerate with it.

Still though, that car is the example all other cars should follow, if we are talking about putting flags on all other cars.

Jester classic goes around 119mph on a straight. Empirically tested and proven by the car testing god himself

Speedometers proven to be total bullsh*t

Pedinhuh

Damn, I knew there was off about those speedos...Are the digital speedos wrong too?(I can't check the video right now)

Bandersnatch

Voted A , C seems like a good compromise, but that may break some of the older cars. 

Removal of the flags would be a nice thing to see. 

Mexicola9302
1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

Damn, I knew there was off about those speedos...Are the digital speedos wrong too?(I can't check the video right now)

All the ingame speedometers are wrong, you have to use mods for that, to see the actual speed.

metoxys

Mexicola9302

Thanks for this video link, it was interesting to hear all the cars without the damn flags. Some of them really would benefit a lot by removing the flags. But some barely like the Sabre Hotring Car, because the Hotrings Flags are not that limiting somehow and also because it has no spoiler at all. Wow the Swinger would be better than the Turismo Classic very nice.

Here the timestamps for lazy ppl that don't want to go to youtube.

Spoiler

00:03 - Entity XXR

01:17 - Taipan

02:32 - Tezeract

03:46 - Tyrant

04:57 - Flash GT

06:11 - GB200

07:27 - Hotring Sabre

08:48 - Cheburek

10:11 - Fagaloa

11:43 - Michelli GT

13:09 - Dominator GTX

14:27 - Ellie

15:53 - Caracara

17:17 - Issi Classic

18:47 - Scramjet

19:55 - Jester Classic

21:10 - Swinger

oleg_aka_djmeg
On 8/1/2018 at 3:43 PM, J-Scott-D said:

My Deluxo had the handling flag on it last Tuesday

no it didn't. but it has a problem where it's more powerful until you engage hover mode.

Mach1bud

Tfw you see Ellie spinning the rear tires when it goes around corners.