2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mexicola9302

[GTAO] Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars)

Engine Resistance & Advanced Flag Poll  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How should they be altered/changed?

• A. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be removed from all cars, and they should not be added to any old or new cars. (Back to the roots, make all cars like before SSASSS).
    • B. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, just the way they are. (Ruin all cars, limit their RPM, make them jumpy offroad, etc)
    • C. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, but improved and more balanced so it makes more sense. Vehicles should not slow down on uneven roads, etc.

Mach1bud

Yeah guys, I would have to agree. Full removal is the only solution imo.

Mexicola9302

I still hope for the most lazy solution to this, and that is removing it from all cars. :D 

I really don't think they would add it to all cars instead, but if they do that it would also be made very lazy i guess, im afraid they might actually just copy & paste it, like someone already mentioned. This would be the worst case scenario. The second worst would be, if they add it to all, but they improve/fix it somehow, and the best of course to just remove it like already said 100000000000 times.

Edited by Mexicola9302

wizooord
3 hours ago, Brady_Imawesome said:

I have stumbled upon this and I think I speak for the entire proper racing community within the game when I say this. The flags should just be removed and here is why. If you add them to literally any cars from before the previous update. Literally every single car becomes undriveable because the revs will die at the slightest of bumps. (Which in GTA, is just about everywhere, even the airport if you know where they are.) When I say bumps, I do refer to curb boosting and brake boosting. However, this handling flag effects cars at elevation changes. So going down a 10 degree slope in the road, have fun driving at 100 RPM. You can even feel the revs dying at a 2 degree slope increase.........

To give insight on the racing community, we host proper championships and endurance races, race clean, and we curb boost however we are reasonable with the manner in which we do it to not cause incidents with other drivers, and the tracks we drive typically don't have much exposed curbing to weave on and off of. It takes some level of skill to be able to curb boost and be quick on proper circuits, on casual racing tracks (Rockstar Created for example) There isn't much skill level since curbs are open and everywhere and unless you know how to gain the most out of them, you'll still lose. (I'm not trying to advertise or do anything like that, I'm just trying to prove my point here.)

Do I think the flag is stupid?? No.... however the way it effects cars in a negative manner is stupid. You can remove the ability to gain boosts from bumps without killing the revs if you hit one. It's not rocket science and Rockstar were really lazy with creating this flag. Let's keep in mind, it took them 11 months to patch the camera bug which made Sedan and SUV races actually playable... so the likely hood of them ever doing anything is slim to none. I'm not signing the petition for obvious reasons, because knowing Rockstar, they'd probably just hit copy/paste and add the flag to every car in the game if they did something about it. Because fixing things in this broken game isn't a priority if it doesn't appeal to them.

^^^ thank you bless you sir.

metoxys

I'm against this petition because it postulates that adding it to all cars is an option

That's such an awful mindset to have, "some cars are trash because of XYZ, let's go and make EVERYTHING trash"

Mexicola9302

It postulates they should do something about it, just something.

metoxys
7 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

It postulates they should do something about it, just something.

I disagree, making sure that things are moving in the right direction is the most important thing, and having these flags on all the cars would be among the worst decisions R* could possibly do

REXX

Y'know I think this thread may be the kick up the ass for Rockstar. They already knew the community was frustrated over the new handling flags. I was absolutely adamant they would be removed with After Hours, but was proven wrong.

I think this thread alone (excluding the petition) would be enough to make them remove that small yet formidable line of code.

Full support from me, either way 💪🏻

Spectre "2K"

heyyy how about we just remove all of the flags and dump them all on the Pariah? 

Mexicola9302

First the Petition was only about the removal of the flags. But then i edited it a bit to support both sides for continuity's sake.

I guess we can all agree that we want the flags removed. Well the majority wants this afaik. But some of them only want, that at least something will be done about it.

metoxys

What I can say so far, not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread yet, is that the "extra bouncy and sh*tty suspension" flag on the saas DLC vehicles has been disabled on them so now it's possible to drive them in the city without regretting it - this is a step in the right direction

Applying the flags to more or all cars is definitely the wrong direction

Mexicola9302

BTW thanks for your informative youtube videos. :D 

nido997

already signed the petition , way to go there ! ;)

Lonely-Martin
36 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I guess we can all agree that we want the flags removed.

I certainly can as I've read more from more informed players. (I rarely pay attention to the technical chat like code and such, lol).

Initially it was more I just wanted to see something from them, just to show faith at least, you know? To see them do more things like they did with the Jester, or even this last business with how flexible it is really. (Using solo/invite/crew sessions to play nightclub boss, lol). But I totally agree with removing, not adding to all. I've signed since last comment, but will edit my post there too in a mo. :)

I hope they show us fans some respect by addressing some of these small, but negatively impactful things. I don't ask much of this game and often gladly take what comes, but I can only try and ask/help to ask that they at least respect this game that clearly makes them so rich and entertains millions.

Arrows to Athens
1 hour ago, metoxys said:

I disagree, making sure that things are moving in the right direction is the most important thing, and having these flags on all the cars would be among the worst decisions R* could possibly do

It's like solving the OPness of the Pariah by making all the sports cars as OP, rather than just nerfing it or moving it to the supers class.

GTA_Elegy

R* gave the new DLC vehicles ebola.Might as well give ALL the vehicles ebola to balance things out.

The the gearing on the new cars is literally painful to listen too :( Why would anyone want that for all the cars?

Edited by GTA_Elegy

Mexicola9302

I edited the Petition a bit again, and added links to the YouTube Videos i posted here, and a link to this topic.

Thehunteroftruth

Adding flags to all cars would be really dumb. If you edit the petition let us know.

Edited by Thehunteroftruth

kenmy13999

We had a couple of new members that seemed to be from a racing community so if you see this, do you think more people would sign the petition if it was only about removing the flags?

Mexicola9302

I would love to add a Poll, but then i can't edit the first post anymore.

kenmy13999
Just now, Mexicola9302 said:

I would love to add a Poll, but then i can't edit the first post anymore.

Report the post and ask if a mod can help you 

Mexicola9302

Im just gonna wait for the 100 signatures, just a matter of time, then i stop updating the number, then i could add a poll if it should be removed or added and improved or only added to all cars.

Or maybe create another topic just for the Poll would be a good way too.

J-Scott-D

No way I can sign it if it suggests adding it to all vehicles.

My Deluxo had the handling flag on it last Tuesday and it went away, so I'm guessing R* was tinkering with something and made it go back to normal?

There's no way anyone here would want a handling flag added to a car you paid legit GTA millions for.

Mexicola9302

This topic/Poll should be considered something like a "daughter/partner topic" of Grand Theft Auto Online - Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars).

Here we can vote what we want. Sorry for creating another one, but if I had added the poll to the other topic, I wouldn't be able to edit it anymore, so there is a reason for this.

I voted A.

Edited by Mach1bud

crsN

I'm with option C all day.

Mexicola9302

Or if a mod wants to combine them somehow, and im still able to edit the first post but not the poll itself, that would be great too.

clinical oppression

Metallica's first album .

KILL EM ALL 

Lonely-Martin

Voted A, but I really wouldn't object to a full overhaul of this and balance etc. of course.

Sanches

Voted C because with that being added we may have offroad vehicles be actually good offroad.

Pedinhuh

Why even bother with creating a voting option like B?

Also, cars should definitely bounce their revs on uneven roads, firstly because that's realistic, secondly because without said bouncing then curb boosting won't get patched.

Of course an exception should be made for off road vehicles.

Biggest problem I have with these flags is how only some handful of cars have them, and how they severely neuter the car's power at lower speeds(Ellie, Dominator GTX, Swinger).