2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mexicola9302

[GTAO] Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars)

Engine Resistance & Advanced Flag Poll  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How should they be altered/changed?

• A. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be removed from all cars, and they should not be added to any old or new cars. (Back to the roots, make all cars like before SSASSS).
    • B. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, just the way they are. (Ruin all cars, limit their RPM, make them jumpy offroad, etc)
    • C. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, but improved and more balanced so it makes more sense. Vehicles should not slow down on uneven roads, etc.

Jenkiiii

I think Rockstar are trying to improve the realistic driving mechanics of the game, while using their existing player-base as guinea pigs, which isn't quite right. The point of Mexicola's poll is to try and establish consistency, that's all, not to try and make GTA online into a competitor for serious racing games. The longer I've played GTA online the more I think curb boosting and other artificial aids suck, but I would rather have that than a mix of 'old' and 'new' handling flags, which will get worse with every new racing vehicle added to the game.

Edited by Jenkiiii

Bloodytears1666

For the Viseris!

Mexicola9302

Feel free to offer a better written text, and maybe a better headline and picture. Im not a native english speaker obviously, maybe better grammar helps somehow.

REXX

Just got round to signing it :)

Edited by REXX

ntinoskonsta

You can either have the flags on every car or remove them altogether, and judging by the way cars with flags handle compared to those without them, it's for the best to get rid of them.

Signed. #FreeTheEllie

slowburn29

I don't support this for the reason that your option to removing them is to add them on my other cars. That sir I find unacceptable

Fu

Maddened_Ghost
14 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

1: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bikers-of-gta-unite

To OP: Signed! Maybe you should try to get in contact with Broughy1332 with this petition, maybe he could lend a hand... ;)

Thanks for replying with that one, was about to do that.

Mexicola9302
19 minutes ago, slowburn29 said:

I don't support this for the reason that your option to removing them is to add them on my other cars. That sir I find unacceptable

Fu

It's more likely that they would remove them, instead of adding them to all cars...

^ I'm on the fix-some-values-and-apply-to-all team when it comes to the new flags. Some of the new cars need rebalancing of flags and simply a bit more top speed, but overall I like the new dynamics. Every car feels so much different now; the Swinger has turned out a good example: It's fast and fun to drive, once you've got a grip on its challenging physics. If all cars had those flags, racing would become more interesting, I think, because even catchup won't save you any more if you really don't know how to handle a specific car. Certain cars would no longer be 95% guaranteed winners

However, I fear R* just can't apply the new flags to old vehicles, even if they wanted to. Or worse, they cannot remove them or just turn off, from the new ones, either. But I don't know anything about  this kind of programming.

Maybe R* should, as compensation, just add the possibility for all existing races to limit them to "new generation cars only" races, similar to the "custom cars" option.

This said, just signed the petition nevertheless. Boosting awareness helps, which is why I keep on writing R*, too, even at the risk of them not caring.

Voodoo-Hendrix

While we're at it, can R* also either add a downforce value to all vehicles or remove them from the few ones that have it?

It's stupid having a few cars that either get massively benefited from having a high value (Vagner, RE-7B) or get severely gimped for having a low one (Itali GTB Custom, Specter Custom, Ruston, GP1).

Bandersnatch

Singed ! With hope of removal.

After doing fun burnout's with Ellie and other cars in single player/fiveM this needs to be a thing that happens in GTAO 

(Edit added to crews news feed.)

Edited by Remapped

wizooord

lKpSqPv.png

.no.gif

Don't get me wrong, I HATE the flags and I LOVE racing, but racing is a small part of a game which is 50% driving and it should not by any means impact driving outside of a race. Rockstar have managed to negate kerb boosting WAY before the flags were added, back when the Ruiner2000 and Rocket Voltic were added in races, I tried over and over and kerb boosting did nothing for me with these cars in a race. WITHOUT THE HELP OF SOME FUNKY ASS FLAGS.

Why do I hate flags so much? Not because of the kerbs, take 'em, I can adapt to most lines quite easily (unlike the people who won't adapt to kerbs in a race for 5 years and rather complain about it), my problem is with double clutching. I absolutely LOVE this game mechanic, and although it's rarely useful in a race, I use it all the time in freeroam, it's a very useful and fun feature. The flags kill that feature, and make the car just not fun to drive.

To double clutch all you have to do is:

>Release accelerator

>Tap break

>Tap handbrake

>Hold accelerator

This needs to happen fast within a second or less and it is so for most cars, while some cars requiring different combinations ( only handbrake, handbrake twice, handbrake before brake, etc ). This will get you in the "Fujiwara zone" for a brief moment. combined with a maneuver to either side you can either dodge obstacles or initiate a tail-flick drift.

*Fujiwara zone - Watch Initial D Fifth stage episodes 4&5 to fully understand. 

Here are some Gif examples I made in a rush after seeing this thread:

qsshfdo.gif

OLoYMLu.gif

3 more:

TlrSyY7.gif

GyMP906.gif

QuLmyZO.gif

Those kinds of things will be nerfed drastically or cease to exist whatsoever if flags will be applied to all existing cars.

I want the flags GONE. But I'll take getting every new car 'till the end of GTA with heavy flags over butchering ALL the vehicles we know and love and ruining driving techniques that had been refined for years, ANY DAY.

I will NOT be signing the petition as it is, and I beg you to not sign it either. Of course, you probably already did and it's too late, but this is my silent protest.

Please save double clutching. 

Pedinhuh

Signed, once this gets up to 100 signatures do you think it's a good number to mail it to R*?

We did managed to get the Jester Classic improved(and without needing any petitions) so I think we can do the same here.

Mach1bud
2 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

Signed, once this gets up to 100 signatures do you think it's a good number to mail it to R*?

We did managed to get the Jester Classic improved(and without needing any petitions) so I think we can do the same here.

Mailing it to Rockstar at any point, multiple times is a good idea. 

And this topic staying near the top of the forums is a good idea too. Trust me, they can see it.

Pedinhuh

Part of me wants the flags for all cars so curb boosting is effectively removed from the game, but the other part can't handle how gutted some cars feel with them active(Ellie) and wants all flags removed from the game.

Honestly, the only vehicle that really needs the flags right now is the Pariah...That motherf*cker is way too fast for anything else in the sports class, so much that I think they made the car with the flags in mind, but somehow forgot to add them before releasing it.

Nutduster
22 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

Hi Mexicola,

I can't sign the petition as it stands, and this is why:

The new handling flags have been introduced in order to remove crazy curb boosting from GTA online. Most people now realise that weaving all over a track and going up sidewalks is NOT a realistic part of any driving game, but a peculiarity of GTA online, and people who play GT Sport and Forza games, for example, laugh at GTA as a silly meme type of racing game. Rockstar wants people to take their game seriously, and that's why the new handling flags have come into force.

The problem we now have is that all of the older vehicles since 2013 race one way, but new vehicles from this year race another, so there is a wide difference in performance and driving style between 'old' and 'new' vehicles.

This is all correct, but unfortunately, they have not bothered to go back and update their old cars with these flags, and we know they never will because it would require testing all those cars to make sure they aren't broken by the new flags, and those are QA hours Rockstar will never be willing to devote to this.  Additionally, the handling flags by themselves are actually not a good solution to the problem.  This is the biggest sticking point for me.  They make the cars that have them perform worse AND feel worse to drive; I would rather have a fun-but-ridiculous game with curb boosting than drive slow, stiff, awkward-feeling cars.

Anyway, I signed and I hope they just remove them.  If they want to fix the larger problem, they'll work on it for the next game and fix it properly.  The handling flags are awful in every way except the theoretical.

Fox2Quick

Signed for removal. Can’t tolerate not being able to force downshift in the new Cars. 

It said 42 signatures after I signed. 

Spectre "2K"

anything to get the Tyrant to stop sounding like a man screaming as he's drug through a meat grinder, good lord 

Semaj 2JZ♢

For me, it's just too much of a good and bad mixture. The performance divide is too significant from old to new, like others have said, and all things considered, they just need to go.

I'd like to finish with a couple things; If they could somehow return the ability of the increased acceleration from forcing a downshift, I'd actually have no problems with the way the rest of the new cars drive and handle. 1 of the problems with that, however, is that some cars get a much bigger boost from said ability and can actually roast the tires throughout the boost period, which would then activate the new traction control from said wheel slip, and the whole thing would be counterproductive...

The other is that it would not surprise me one bit if R* try to make this new setup a future option for purchase, at LSC/Benny's. Ya know, make ya pay to take it away or pay to add it, if you are one who'd like it on old cars. They'd probably designate it as an "Assists" on/off option. 

staar

Signed even though I don't really care since I don't race. 

Lonely-Martin

Definitely signing this. (Shortly when on laptop). My Ellie/GTX feel too restrained.

But with this in mind...

1 hour ago, Mach1bud said:

Trust me, they can see it.

And not to get carried away with my personal tastes, I feel.

Re-address car classes and race balance. And remove insurance/BS points from weaponised vehicles in public sessions.

Could easily add to that, but not looking to pick the whole game apart or see changes that favour one playstyle over another etc.

Sorry if folks fool I'm taking the piss using this post to add other things, but along with some stupid bugs, like this dying out at sea or whatever, some things just need a bit of attention.

I hope this does much to greatly improve the game for all. Not looking for any sort of content update. Just a proper patch of some key things.

Edited by KWF1981

Mexicola9302

After 100 signatures it will be public to everyone on the change.org site and it can be found via google. So once 100 signatures are reached there will be much more coming i guess. Just a matter of time.

Im still wondering any of you native english speakers wants to create a new text for it? I think it could actually help once we reach the 100.

Maybe something about the inconsisteny and all in more dept. In a fine correct english. :D 

Edited by Mexicola9302

kenmy13999

After thinking some more about it I think the petition should only be about removing the flags. If R* adds them to all cars it would literally ruin the fun in racing but I kind of agree that it should be all or none, preferably none ;) if they do anything about them it will probably be to remove them but we shouldn't play with fire imho.. 

People can complain about curb boosting all they want but in the end the result of the flags is a lot worse..

This is just my opinion tho and I still support it anyway, just wanted to give my two cents ;)

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, KWF1981 said:

Definitely signing this. (Shortly when on laptop). My Ellie/GTX feel too restrained.

But with this in mind...

And not to get carried away with my personal tastes, I feel.

Re-address car classes and race balance. And remove insurance/BS points from weaponised vehicles in public sessions.

Could easily add to that, but not looking to pick the whole game apart or see changes that favour one playstyle over another etc.

Sorry if folks fool I'm taking the piss using this post to add other things, but along with some stupid bugs, like this dying out at sea or whatever, some things just need a bit of attention.

I hope this does much to greatly improve the game for all. Not looking for any sort of content update. Just a proper patch of some key things.

Taking the piss? Far from it!

We could really use a site wide petition to R* asking them to fix the various issues, inconsistencies and glitches that plague this game.

A petition with 100 signs may not make much noise but what about one backed up with the biggest GTA related site on the internet? Maybe even sites like r/gtaonline (and similar subreddits) and the YouTube community could help too. We could end up featured on IGN and Kotaku even!

A man can dream...

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix
Words and stuff

Jenkiiii
4 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

After thinking some more about it I think the petition should only be about removing the flags. If R* adds them to all cars it would literally ruin the fun in racing but I kind of agree that it should be all or none, preferably none ;) if they do anything about them it will probably be to remove them but we shouldn't play with fire imho.. 

People can complain about curb boosting all they want but in the end the result of the flags is a lot worse..

This is just my opinion tho and I still support it anyway, just wanted to give my two cents ;)

I agree 100%. It's too late to suddenly introduce a new handling mechanism that negatively affects newly released cars. On a positive side, Rockstar still sees several years of life in GTA online and are trying to address the problem now instead of waiting for the next iteration of GTA online, but the way they've done this is wrong because it causes massive inconsistency and head-scratching within the racing community.

AboveAndBeyoncé

I signed because I hate for my cars to be neutered! The Entity XXR is faster than what I'm seeing from it 

Lonely-Martin
7 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Taking the piss? Far from it!

We could really use a site wide petition to R* asking them to fix the various issues, inconsistencies and glitches that plague this game.

A petition with 100 signs may not make much noise but what about one backed up with the biggest GTA related site on the internet? Maybe even sites like r/gtaonline (and similar subreddits) and the YouTube community could help.

A man can dream...

Yeah, there's many different opinions on just so much here. But with bugs, errors and glitches like the sea atm or things that really do contradict the intended gameplay at least are things that I feel players either just want fixed and things to be consistent, or are just not worried either way, you know?

Definitely feel the Jester gives us a chance at something well thought out. Especially with things that won't cost them too much time and effort over. (Aside bugs maybe). 

We saw them halve the insurance, and both are gone from PC, so we know they can alter that anytime. And these flags really should be an 'all or nothing' change of approach. Don't know much, but feel it would be cheaper or easier to remove them though.

Worth a try, especially if as @Jenkiiiisaid proves true and R* see more life in the old girl yet. (Huge potential, IMO).

Monkey_D_Dragon

Not signing because the flags, as they are, make driving cars not enjoyable. As-is, I do not want that mess to be added to any old or new cars. 

If they want to add these flags, as programmed, to all of the cars, then I'll play something else because the arcade-like driving is appealing to the 99% of us that don't care about realistic physics in this particular game. I don't mind realistic physics, but they way they are programmed and implemented is asinine. When the accelerator is pressed all the way down, it's just as unrealistic for a car to huff, puff and bog down like most of the flagged cars do.

For racing, the best solution would be a default option, "restrictor plates",  that put these stupid flags on all of the cars in that one particular situation.

From the start, freeroam should've been left alone. Already, GTA has different physics for stunt races, so the above was entirely possible.

In addition, the rev-limiting is BS. From any gear, I should be able to downshift using the handbrake method. Either give me manual transmission and the ability to assign my own buttons on the controller or f*ck off. Or, if I am holding down the accelerator all the way, then the car should shift at the maximum redline amount. 

Edited by Monkey_D_Dragon

Brady_Imawesome

I have stumbled upon this and I think I speak for the entire proper racing community within the game when I say this. The flags should just be removed and here is why. If you add them to literally any cars from before the previous update. Literally every single car becomes undriveable because the revs will die at the slightest of bumps. (Which in GTA, is just about everywhere, even the airport if you know where they are.) When I say bumps, I do refer to curb boosting and brake boosting. However, this handling flag effects cars at elevation changes. So going down a 10 degree slope in the road, have fun driving at 100 RPM. You can even feel the revs dying at a 2 degree slope increase.........

To give insight on the racing community, we host proper championships and endurance races, race clean, and we curb boost however we are reasonable with the manner in which we do it to not cause incidents with other drivers, and the tracks we drive typically don't have much exposed curbing to weave on and off of. It takes some level of skill to be able to curb boost and be quick on proper circuits, on casual racing tracks (Rockstar Created for example) There isn't much skill level since curbs are open and everywhere and unless you know how to gain the most out of them, you'll still lose. (I'm not trying to advertise or do anything like that, I'm just trying to prove my point here.)

Do I think the flag is stupid?? No.... however the way it effects cars in a negative manner is stupid. You can remove the ability to gain boosts from bumps without killing the revs if you hit one. It's not rocket science and Rockstar were really lazy with creating this flag. Let's keep in mind, it took them 11 months to patch the camera bug which made Sedan and SUV races actually playable... so the likely hood of them ever doing anything is slim to none. I'm not signing the petition for obvious reasons, because knowing Rockstar, they'd probably just hit copy/paste and add the flag to every car in the game if they did something about it. Because fixing things in this broken game isn't a priority if it doesn't appeal to them.

HappyGster

Completely agree with Brady.  In GTA curb boosting is what we've come to call the rev boost with hitting a curb and compressing the suspension, however there are bumps all over pretty much every road in the game.  All of those bumps cause the same effect as that of going up onto curbs. Therefore, these flags don't just effect cars when "curb boosting", but virtually all the time.  They simply need to be removed, or at least decrease the magnitude so that the cars don't get bogged down just by driving on the road.