1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Mexicola9302

[GTAO] Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars)

Engine Resistance & Advanced Flag Poll  

168 members have voted

1. 1. How should they be altered/changed?

• A. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be removed from all cars, and they should not be added to any old or new cars. (Back to the roots, make all cars like before SSASSS).
    • B. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, just the way they are. (Ruin all cars, limit their RPM, make them jumpy offroad, etc)
    • C. The Engine Resistence and Advanced Flags should be added to all cars, but improved and more balanced so it makes more sense. Vehicles should not slow down on uneven roads, etc.

Mexicola9302

Grand Theft Auto Online - Engine Limit Flag Petition (Remove it or add it to all cars)

FbQJjoxKCEJyeVj-800x450-noPad.jpg?153282

Every car of the Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series DLC and the After Hours DLC, have something called "Engine Resistance Flag" or "Advanced Flag" that makes cars slower and bumpy, you should watch some YouTube Videos or inform yourself about it, in forums like Reddit or GTAForums etc. if you don't know about these flags. The reason to add these flags was to prevent "Curb Boosting" in races, or to make them handle more realistic, Rockstar Games never mentioned the reason, why they added them, in the first place. But it effects the cars very negatively, some of them are "undriveable". And 99% of the cars are not fun to drive at all. It's a shame because there are some real beauties in these DLC's.

It's not only about the removal, they could also add it it to all cars instead. The way it is now, is only a half "solution". Every car that has been released before the SSASSS DLC, still has a normal handling, this way only the newer cars are "useless". That means there is no consistency/contiunity at all. So they should either remove it from all cars, or add it to all cars. The way it is now can't be the final solution to this.

So please sign this Petition if you want that Rockstar Games does at least something about it. One way or another, it doesn't matter at this point anymore.

Please consider signing this Petition. It will probably doesn't change anything, but at least we tried it.

Link to change.org

So far 107 people signed it. (Gonna update it occasionally)

The next goal is 200. Thanks everyone, who signed so far.

You can login the website (change.org) with a free account (maybe turn off notifications/newsletters in the settings to not get spammed), or login with a Facebook account. To be able to sign it. Don't worry you can do that totally anonymous. And you can also post a comment in the "Reasons for signing" why you signed it, that is of course optional.

Feel free to offer a better written text, and maybe a better headline and picture. Im not a native english speaker obviously, maybe better grammar helps somehow. Im open for that.

How to unsubscribe from all newsletters and notifications, from change.org.

Spoiler

mLEMGdIZ.jpg

4BWQ5lD8.jpg

r7iVCtCp.jpg

Maybe check the settings after you saved them, just to be sure, sometimes there suddenly is one checked again for whatever reason. :D 

Broughy1322 started his own petition, which makes this one obsolete, he already has 6152+ supporters.

Make sure you sign his petition please. Link to his petition.

Maybe there is hope after all. :D 

For some reason i can't put the video in the center...

Edited by Mexicola9302

Jenkiiii

Hi Mexicola,

I can't sign the petition as it stands, and this is why:

The new handling flags have been introduced in order to remove crazy curb boosting from GTA online. Most people now realise that weaving all over a track and going up sidewalks is NOT a realistic part of any driving game, but a peculiarity of GTA online, and people who play GT Sport and Forza games, for example, laugh at GTA as a silly meme type of racing game. Rockstar wants people to take their game seriously, and that's why the new handling flags have come into force.

The problem we now have is that all of the older vehicles since 2013 race one way, but new vehicles from this year race another, so there is a wide difference in performance and driving style between 'old' and 'new' vehicles.

The idea behind the new handling flags is a good one, but NOT the way they have been implemented into the game on an ad-hoc basis, so Rockstar needs to change the handling flags of ALL vehicles or on NO vehicles, instead of having a mix of handling types within the same game.

It's definitely something Rockstar need to resolve on a global in-game basis, and the lack of new vehicles in the new Nightclubs DLC is surely not a coincidence.

EDIT
Just signed the reworded version. It's great!

Edited by Jenkiiii

REXX
2 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

The idea behind the new handling flags is a good one, but NOT the way they have been implemented into the game on an ad-hoc basis, so Rockstar needs to change the handling flags of ALL vehicles or on NO vehicles, instead of having a mix of handling types within the same game.

Summed up perfectly.

Personally, I think the flags should just be removed. Why they decided to add these flags 10 years after curb boosting was discovered in IV is beyond me. It has enfuriated the community. They should just remove the flags from existing vehicles rather than adding them to previous ones. We all know they'll mess something up badly in the process, which will then mess them all up, resulting in everything that was working fine, being broke.

Good concept, poorly executed.

Maddened_Ghost
11 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

The idea behind them is good, but since it's implemented in the wrong way, they should go, these flags with the way they're implemented is just a lazy attempt at fixing something and it just doesn't work.

Edited by The-Ghost

Mexicola9302

@JenkiiiiI totally agree, but they have to do something, so it's either remove it from all or add it to all. The way it is now can't be the solution. This half-assed thing they did, just shows how lazy they are.

But I rather have them removed, sure it doesn't make sense and it's unrealistic, but hey it's GTA and i don't really play it for driving races, I do that in Forza or other games.

kenmy13999
12 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

Hi Mexicola,

I can't sign the petition as it stands, and this is why:

The new handling flags have been introduced in order to remove crazy curb boosting from GTA online. Most people now realise that weaving all over a track and going up sidewalks is NOT a realistic part of any driving game, but a peculiarity of GTA online, and people who play GT Sport and Forza games, for example, laugh at GTA as a silly meme type of racing game. Rockstar wants people to take their game seriously, and that's why the new handling flags have come into force.

The problem we now have is that all of the older vehicles since 2013 race one way, but new vehicles from this year race another, so there is a wide difference in performance and driving style between 'old' and 'new' vehicles.

If it only was to remove curb boosting, why did they add a crazy idiotic value that makes the cars a lot more bumpy than they should be? I don't think anyone except R* knows why they added these flags 

I played Gran Turismo sport and can't say I laugh at GTA because there's really no comparison between those games but I actually enjoy racing in gta more and that's not because of curb boosting tho. 

If R* wants people to take their game serious there's a lot of things they should've done before adding those idiotic, useless pos handling flags, like not adding a oppressor 2.0 for example ;)

You say you can't sign the petition because of curb boosting but later you have listed imo at least a couple of reasons why you actually should sign the petition and that is because they should be on all cars or preferably none at all, shouldn't have this kind of mix in how the handling works imo.

This is of course only my opinion so you of course have to do or don't do what you want ;)

Jenkiiii
10 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

If it only was to remove curb boosting, why did they add a crazy idiotic value that makes the cars a lot more bumpy than they should be? I don't think anyone except R* knows why they added these flags 

I played Gran Turismo sport and can't say I laugh at GTA because there's really no comparison between those games but I actually enjoy racing in gta more and that's not because of curb boosting tho. 

If R* wants people to take their game serious there's a lot of things they should've done before adding those idiotic, useless pos handling flags, like not adding a oppressor 2.0 for example ;)

You say you can't sign the petition because of curb boosting but later you have listed imo at least a couple of reasons why you actually should sign the petition and that is because they should be on all cars or preferably none at all, shouldn't have this kind of mix in how the handling works imo.

This is of course only my opinion so you of course have to do or don't do what you want ;)

I definitely would like to sign the petition, but it needs to be reworded and explained in more depth.

For example, take the Michelli GT and it's new handling flags. If you take a sports classic from 50 years ago and throw it all over the track then it's going to bounce and handle dreadfully, and that's exactly what the car should be like, and also the reason why the new handling flags are good, but let's also consider the people who have paid 1.6 million plus on a car that's absolutely useless for racing.

I don't think Rockstar needs to remove the new handling flags because it's the way forward for GTA online, but they definitely need to look into this with urgency. And the more YouTubers and the like start bleating and fussing over this the better IMO.

Edited by Jenkiiii

BadaBing_1996

Here are all the times GTAO petitions actually worked:

Mexicola9302

I edited it. But it doesn't matter anyway because @BadaBing_1996 is right. It will not change anything.

Edited by Mexicola9302

kenmy13999
31 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

I definitely would like to sign the petition, but it needs to be reworded and explained in more depth.

For example, take the Michelli GT and it's new handling flags. If you take a sports classic from 50 years ago and throw it all over the track then it's going to bounce and handle dreadfully, and that's exactly what the car should be like, and also the reason why the new handling flags are good, but let's also consider the people who have paid 1.6 million plus on a car that's absolutely useless for racing.

I don't think Rockstar needs to remove the new handling flags because it's the way forward for GTA online, but they definitely need to look into this with urgency. And the more YouTubers and the like start bleating and fussing over this the better IMO.

Old cars can and maybe should be bumpy but it shouldn't be that noticeable on absolutely flat surfaces imo but it's hard to implement a somewhat "close to real life feeling" in a game like this imo, to much resources would probably go to that instead of other things but I'm not disagreeing that 50 year old cars shouldn't handle like a 90' sports car ;)

Imo this is more of a arcade racer and not a serious racing game so making things to complicated will just ruin the whole racing aspect of the game imo, at least 5 years in to it, so just treating it as what it is would be the best imo 

On another note a new hyper car shouldn't feel like driving a tractor real fast down a steep bumpy road with the back end bouncing all over the place ;)

14 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I edited it. But it doesn't matter anyway because @BadaBing_1996 is right. It will not change anything.

One thing that is absolutely 100% sure not to change anything is not trying ;)

Edited by kenmy13999

Jenkiiii
18 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Yes it will, have more faith. You might not get the immediate response you're looking for from Rockstar, but purely by the lack of racing vehicles in the new DLC suggests Rockstar are looking at this very seriously. You've done a good job in posting this topic, and the more people who are aware of the issue the better 🚖.

Mach1bud

Signed. Idc about racing. I care about consistency. I also care about cars acting the way they should.

Fireboy769
33 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Signed. Idc about racing. I care about consistency. I also care about cars acting the way they should.

Exactly

Why the actual f*ck is a goddamn Henessey Venom GT one of the slowest Supers in the game?? What the actual hell Rockstar. Let's not get into the beautiful Ellie and Jester Classic, ruined by these flags which severely limit their performance all around, not just in racing (which is sad considering Supra is known to be a incredibly quick tuner)

Edited by Fireboy769

TCA

Done. Be better if they just remove them.

kenmy13999

I just shared this on the wall on social club to one of my crews, maybe some more people can do it to their crews 

Voodoo-Hendrix
2 hours ago, BadaBing_1996 said:

Here are all the times GTAO petitions actually worked:

1: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bikers-of-gta-unite

To OP: Signed! Maybe you should try to get in contact with Broughy1332 with this petition, maybe he could lend a hand... ;)

Arrows to Athens

It's just useless. I'm still curb boosting with the Hotring right now, and it works perfectly fine. Rockstar are just lazy.

lowriderlife63

Just signed, the Ellie and GTX need to be released from its cages.

Edited by lowriderlife63

HOONART

Adding the flags to old cars would make no sense if the flags are making the new cars undrivable. I agree with the solution to remove them from all. If you think anyone is worried about the racing being taken seriously 6 years into the game’s lifecycle, that ship has sailed. Might as well at least keep things enjoyable. It’s not like much of the rest of the game could be considered realistic.

Anyways, signed 

Edited by HOONART

Arrows to Athens

Why is there an error when submitting?

kenmy13999
5 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

It's just useless. I'm still curb boosting with the Hotring right now, and it works perfectly fine. Rockstar are just lazy.

Hotring Sabre are the only car not affected by the curb boosting, did a test on it a while ago

https://youtu.be/ifTMv0PzpoA

Edited by kenmy13999

Arrows to Athens
3 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Hotring Sabre are the only car not affected by the curb boosting, did a test on it a while ago

https://youtu.be/ifTMv0PzpoA

That's my point. The flags didn't even do their entire job. They just broke the new cars. Everything was fine since 2013 up until now. For four and a half years, everything was going well until Cockstar decided to break the cars. Since when did they care about curb boosting anyway? It took them four and a half years to attend to the problem or at least acknowledge it? Why care now? Pathetic.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Mexicola9302

Hmm i did try curb boosting in the Hotring Sabre on these Hotring racetracks but it didn't work for me. Maybe my FPS was to low with 60 FPS, who knows. :D 

Maybe it really is one of the exceptions.

Edit: One more problem is, that we still don't know why they really added them in the first place. There is just no communication at all, from Rockstars side about the handling flags.

Edited by Mexicola9302

M.K.N.

Do you obviously think R* or T2 will even pay attention to petitions? They often ignore it and do not make it happen; so long as they have the money, they sure as hell won't change their minds. And no, I'm not defending them. Just saying petitions are never guaranteed to work, much less happen.

REXX
35 minutes ago, lowriderlife63 said:

Just signed, the Ellie and GTX need to be released from its cages.

Jester Classic too, tss! 😛

Edited by REXX
All of'em to be honest.

Rafae
1 minute ago, M.K.N. said:

Do you obviously think R* or T2 will even pay attention to petitions? They often ignore it and do not make it happen; so long as they have the money, they sure as hell won't change their minds. And no, I'm not defending them. Just saying petitions are never guaranteed to work, much less happen.

they fixed the jester classic didn't they? the bikers update practically started out as a petition.

they've listened to us numerous times in the past, just selectively though.

M.K.N.
Just now, Rafae said:

they fixed the jester classic didn't they? the bikers update practically started out as a petition.

they've listened to us numerous times in the past, just selectively though.

They didn't re-brand it as a Karin vehicle, however. It was still a Dinka, even though the Jester Classic is obviously a Toyota Supra. But, I guess inaccuracies are considered a thing for them.

Rafae
2 minutes ago, M.K.N. said:

They didn't re-brand it as a Karin vehicle, however. It was still a Dinka, even though the Jester Classic is obviously a Toyota Supra. But, I guess inaccuracies are considered a thing for them.

ok so?

they still fixed major body problems with it. stuff the community clearly complained about.

the branding is a miniscule problem compared to the actual original visual look of it. 

Edited by Rafae

WillProx

Signed, despite the fact that Change.org can't really change anything, as i can remember. (In my country it's just ignored or even taken hostile from some people, maybe that's why)
Just for the rockstar to see the activity from me as the casual player

Edited by WillProx

Cheesy_wotsit
3 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

Rockstar wants people to take their game seriously, and that's why the new handling flags have come into force.

Lol, sorry dude but that is quite the funny comment, They want the game to be taken seriously but have had a mechanic since day one that is designed to punish AND ONLY punish the people that do well. As a vet of GT Sport I can tell you the concept of being punished for learning the track, learning the braking points, driving smoothly, being aggressive when needed and conservative when required and choosing the right car that suits not only your handling skills but the race course you are racing on and then putting in many many hours to fine tune your race craft and THEN have you're win taken away from you because the game opted to remove 6th gear from your car, add 400Kg or limit your revs or top speed or to put it simple f*ck you over for being good would drive me up the wall. As it does with GTAO.

I have no idea why they added these new flags but given the extensive and long list of long standing issues the game has that make racing a total and utter sh*t show a single handling flag on a limited run of cars is hardly going to make people think Rcokstar are working to make GTAO a more serious racing game.... mind you saying that lazy half arsed, poorly implemented, poorly Q and A'd, and utterly devoid of balance or consistent with existing game mechanics.... yeah kinda sounds about the right level of effort from Rcokstar when it comes to fixing anything in this game.

As for the OP, yeah not going to sign as I said above racing in GTAO has many many long standing issues that have been there since day one and should have been fixed long ago. Even if the flags were removed the comedy level of handling and physics the game uses just means that 90% of players will end up driving one car anyway. The races are so linear and devoid of needing any actual drive craft, while the cars are so woolly and devoid of unique handling factors that their is no right car for the right type of driver or right car for the right type of track, as would be the case with any other more enjoyable racing game. Simply select the car that goes the fastest in a straight line and then jump in to one of the 8 billion stunt races that are always running in this game and then do nothing but push and hold the accelerator for 15minutes, occasionally you may have to push left or right but that's about it.