MOTW #117

MOTW 117 poll  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Your favorite mission is

• Menace by VikingEVM
    • Possibility by VenomDYOM aka ZekoX
    • Death Race by Cyb3r3x3r

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/2018 at 05:00 PM

GKHEAT

hey man plzz Change the theme

ZekoX

No, please don't. I don't want to just waste my mission. I am almost done with it!

omigawail
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ZekoX said:

I liked it, it was short but you managed to put a good story in it.

Spoiler

I like the part where he is crawling to the dead Ballas body to get a gun and then finally shoots Tenpenny in a dramatic style.

Edited by omigawail

ZekoX
5 minutes ago, omigawail said:

I liked it, it was short but you managed to put a good story in it.

Hide contents

I like the part where he is crawling to the dead Ballas body to get a gun and then finally shoots Tenpenny in a dramatic style.

Thanks.

VikingEVM

I'm creating a mission too 

DennysCute99

VenomDYOM is the first participant. Good luck.

GKHEAT

worst

VikingEVM
Posted (edited)

Here is my entry to the contest:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/54777

Edited by VikingEVM

omigawail
2 hours ago, VikingEVM said:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/54713

I'm surprised, actually! I love flying and dogfights in GTA, and the story was very compelling.

Spoiler, don't read if you didn't play yet:

Spoiler

I like the introduction of the character, you managed to put all the important information in the beginning which is very hard to do. The inner fight was interesting but a bit confusing when he talks to himself as "you" instead of "me". (Like when he said "I'll kill you", wouldn't that mean killing himself?)

The next scene was epic, you hop into the choppa and fight TRIDENT all guns-blazing style, I felt very satisfied when McKnight shut down the instructor as the character saves the day and mows down ten soldiers at once (gives me nostalgia about this scene from Resident Evil 4, especially since both are called Mike), would be much better if the ship and town hall fights had more NPCs tho, maybe vehicles that you destroy? Rocket launchers that you have to dodge and eliminate quickly? I think that part needs a little more polishing, you should not rush that, there's 3 days left in the deadline.

The ending where you fight 3 helicopters at the same time was a bit too long, the enemies had a lot of health. I think it's 2500? Maybe 1000 would fit better to make it fast paced like actual flying battles. I was happy to see Sassy McSassyface (Mike) reck his instructor one last time and as I wait for the moment where they crown him champion of the city... poof, the mission is over, disappointing me :(

Over all, amazing mission. Really surprised me with the quality, but it's a bit rushed out, you should have spent more time with it since it had a lot of potential. There's still 3 days left in the deadline, you can take it out from the competition and improve it a little then join again.

I gotta say it again, I'm surprised. A new guy (to the forums and the website, don't know about how long he was designing or if he had an old account) joins and absolutely destroys all competition, while the old designers (relatively old, compared to you) lazily backed down and quit, and encouraged others not to join. *cough* looking at you GK, Martin, Rama, and Dennys.

Guess you could say that you were able to...

Spoiler

beat all odds Badum tss

VikingEVM

I hear ya man about the spoiler,

Spoiler

I had planned to have Mike receive a medal and have a full ceremony but i had already used too many objetives and actors i didn't want to risk f*cking up the mission :[ and that's also why i didn't put more actors and vehicles to destroy
Regarding the mental standoff, Mike is basically shutting up his inner voice keeping him down, no real killing 😛

I decided to keep he Omega Squadron's health at 2.500 because they're supposed to be aces and not go down as easily as the others you fought before.

I'll give it a look, see if i can improve it in some ways, and thanks for the really nice feedback and also your advices (which are the most important thing), i will keep it in mind for future missions! ☺️

omigawail

To avoid crashes, you can keep a backup of a safe copy of the mission, when I make missions I put them in two save slots. Let's say slot 1 and 2. I just started making and made about 5 objectives, I'll save that mission in slot 1, play it, and if I see that it works correctly without crashing I'll save it in slot 2 as back up. Then I continue with some more objectives, save that in slot 1, play it and THEN save it in slot 2. That makes sure that you never progress too much in the mission that you don't notice bugs or crashes. And also if you add something that you regret, you can just go back to slot 2 instead of deleting it and risking corrupting the save file.

You already have a working version of the mission, save it somewhere, make some improvements to the mission and then play that. If it crashes, no big deal since you've got the old version anyways.

Giorgia Vinegar
15 hours ago, VikingEVM said:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/54713

Good luck for the contest. You are new designer?

VikingEVM
20 minutes ago, Giorgia Vinegar said:

Good luck for the contest. You are new designer?

Thanks 🙂

I used to create some DYOMs in the past, like 3-4 years ago, but nothing special. Never published them, there were a couple of designers in my clan and we were sharing simple missions. I started publishing missions in 2017 when i made an italian storyline based on my oldest GTA SA Movie (that sucked major balls like the movie itself), then i recently returned with BNS Contracts (Italian), and i now plan to release content in english 

Giorgia Vinegar
57 minutes ago, VikingEVM said:

Thanks 🙂

I used to create some DYOMs in the past, like 3-4 years ago, but nothing special. Never published them, there were a couple of designers in my clan and we were sharing simple missions. I started publishing missions in 2017 when i made an italian storyline based on my oldest GTA SA Movie (that sucked major balls like the movie itself), then i recently returned with BNS Contracts (Italian), and i now plan to release content in english 

Interesting... Okay bro.

DennysCute99

VikingEVM is the second participant. Good luck for the contest.

SkyGTA_User

Whoah, hey, hey, it's much like Giorgia's and Jack's themes! Why not go different, but, i can't make you change it, it's yours...

omigawail
1 hour ago, Cyb3r3x3r said:

Added.

A lot of new faces around here, truly shameful how the old designers all hate the idea while the new ones are creative and like challenging themes. Hopefully I'll participate in #118... and so will you guys.

DyomTeam

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/54770

We tried, enjoy.

DennysCute99

Cyb3r3x3r is the third participant.

Dyom Team is the fourth participant. Best of luck everyone.

VikingEVM

I withdraw "Menace" from the contest and submit "Menace 2", which is essentially Menace but with some improvements here and there and an extended ending (DYOM isn't as limited as i thought :D )

omigawail
2 hours ago, DyomTeam said:

It's relation to the theme is very small, but there is a relation, so I'll allow it. Added. 

30 minutes ago, VikingEVM said:

I withdraw "Menace" from the contest and submit "Menace 2", which is essentially Menace but with some improvements here and there and an extended ending (DYOM isn't as limited as i thought :D )

Good job, the mission is much better that way. Added.

SkyGTA_User
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, DyomTeam said:

Look at this, 'We' so, does it mean that, it's done by 2 or more people? It's just in the RULES!

And also, there are many evidences that i collected from MOTW #109:

Why? Did we go against rules? I don't think so, as we said 1000 times, we don't know anything about any account.

As we said before, we don't know anything about any account and infact, it's strange for us to have so many votes.

Told this, we don't want to repet this phrase anymore.

This evidences can make my complaint good, please, its a disqualification! All the bold words are my evidences, please listen to me, and follow the MOTW rules!

Spoiler

Wow, I'm really happy that there are so many participants in this MOTW! Thank you guys!

Spoiler

DYOM IS STILL ALIVE!!!

Edited by SkyGTA_User

omigawail
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SkyGTA_User said:

Look at this, 'We' so, does it mean that, it's done by 2 or more people? It's just in the RULES!

And also, there are many evidences that i collected from MOTW #109:

This evidences can make my complaint good, please, its a disqualification! All the bold words are my evidences, please listen to me, and follow the MOTW rules!

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, I'm really happy that there are so many participants in this MOTW! Thank you guys!

Reveal hidden contents

DYOM IS STILL ALIVE!!!

That's correct, I didn't notice that it's not one person at first. I'll exclude them from the competition.

Edited by omigawail

DennysCute99
Posted (edited)

KK-Removed-KK 

Santa-Pirata.

Edited by DennysCute99

DyomTeam

the mission was maked by Dtron01 (a member of dyomteam)

And for the motw 109 was not our fault, we did not know anything about that accounts, and damn for that mess we lost the motw.

Recap:

1. The mission was maked by Dtron01 (just one person, and sorry if we partecipated with this account.)

2. We don't know anything about the motw mess.

If the mission is not valid... Well.

We go away, there's no problem.

:/

DennysCute99

Then exit this account and call Dtron01 next time. Get out of this account called @DyomTeam.

SkyGTA_User
Posted (edited)

Detective Sky is again, into the business..

WHAT THE HECK?!

the mission was maked by Dtron01 (a member of dyomteam)

And for the motw 109 was not our fault, we did not know anything about that accounts, and damn for that mess we lost the motw.

Recap:

1. The mission was maked by Dtron01 (just one person, and sorry if we partecipated with this account.)

2. We don't know anything about the motw mess.

If the mission is not valid... Well.

We go away, there's no problem.

Huh, now i have another evidence here. (The we and our) And if your team didn't made it but, Dtron01 only made it, why didn't Dtron participated through its account? (Dtron's account: https://gtaforums.com/profile/1078055-dtron01/) and don't say it's a new account, it's created on February 2017 which there must be a possibility that Dtron can use its account to participate to MOTW, don't disobey the rules, or else you will be crushed by Detective Sky.

NOTE: I have respect to the current MOTW host and the rules, and i must protect it as respect too, but it has limitations. Only the current MOTW host must make the decision to remove/disqualify @DyomTeam's mission with opinions of other DYOM participants and visitors.

I rest my case..

Edited by SkyGTA_User
Make DYOM great again!

DyomTeam

Can I log in with my personal account (dtron01) and reupload my dyom mission or not?