Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
djdest

Got a random call from English Dave

Recommended Posts

djdest

Has anyone else had this?

Was in a public lobby when he rang out the blue saying rescue some of Solomon’s friends. 

Had to go to Sandy Shores garage, shoot some guards and then take the friends back to my club. 

I got increased popularity for doing it. 

Im wondering if there are any more free roam things like it that you don’t trigger from the club computer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re-Dragon-Cro

Had to get a van full of equipment for the stage since Dave said that Solomun wasn't satisfied with the gear. Pretty much kill 3 guards grab the van and go for the club while followed by 2 cars(haven't seen what cars since I was far ahead)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The-Great-Cornholio

are there different promo jobs in a public thats not in an invite only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

Ugh, he has random calls?

So much for my hope he dies at the end of this dripfeed. The only funny thing he's done is flick off the pilot and call him a twat. I don't see the point of his character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khopesh

I got one the other day. Someone had stolen some of Solomun's vinyls and were using them for a party on a yacht. Had to go out to the yacht... where I could walk around freely without being attacked. But as soon as I picked up the vinyls a bunch of the people there started attacking me, while at the same time Dave rang me. Had to hang up on him so that I could jump off the side of the yacht to get away.

 

 

16 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Ugh, he has random calls?

So much for my hope he dies at the end of this dripfeed. The only funny thing he's done is flick off the pilot and call him a twat. I don't see the point of his character

You can actually decline the mission if you want. It's just a random promotion mission that's different to the standard ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Haven't gotten a call from anyone the past few days anymore. Lester normally calls, Ron so now and often, emails from Warstock, twice as soon as I log in, Personal assistant bothering me about job opportunities, but now......., nothing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khopesh
3 minutes ago, McGhee said:

Haven't gotten a call from anyone the past few days anymore. Lester normally calls, Ron so now and often, emails from Warstock, twice as soon as I log in, Personal assistant bothering me about job opportunities, but now......., nothing. 

 

You're lucky! My phone won't shut up with constant phone calls and texts from NPCs and invites to jobs from randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STeeLeMM

I think it’s a type of raid. If you don’t do the mission or fail your popularity goes down. If you complete it, popularity goes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh

Frankly I don't even understand why this dude is in the game at all, his role could easily be re-written first Lazlow, that way Lazlow wouldn't be the useless piece of sh*t he appears to be in the story of this DLC.

 

Plus, This guy doesn't even spawn in the club at all! At least Lazlow is seeing dancing with light batons, dating in one of the club dancer's pole or just chilling in VIP room probably high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khopesh
3 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

Frankly I don't even understand why this dude is in the game at all, his role could easily be re-written first Lazlow, that way Lazlow wouldn't be the useless piece of sh*t he appears to be in the story of this DLC.

 

Plus, This guy doesn't even spawn in the club at all! At least Lazlow is seeing dancing with light batons, dating in one of the club dancer's pole or just chilling in VIP room probably high.

Or get rid of Lazlow? Only good thing he has done was DJ for V-rock back in Vice City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh
3 minutes ago, Khopesh said:

Or get rid of Lazlow? Only good thing he has done was DJ for V-rock back in Vice City.

Get rid of Lazlow? Dude's a regular in this series all the way back in III, it's kind of a tradition to have him in every GTA game, even if only on radio, no way they should get rid of him.

 

But English Dave? Not even a real character to begin with, and serves no function that couldn't be reassigned to Lazlow, since he has connection with plenty of artists already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khopesh
2 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

Get rid of Lazlow? Dude's a regular in this series all the way back in III, it's kind of a tradition to have him in every GTA game, even if only on radio, no way they should get rid of him.

 

But English Dave? Not even a real character to begin with, and serves no function that couldn't be reassigned to Lazlow, since he has connection with plenty of artists already.

But Lazlow is already in the game, so not like he'd be left out. And I was talking about his role within the nightclub - all Lazlow practically does (so far) is source celebs for promo missions. Not to mention there's plenty of other characters been added with no real purpose, only showing up for a cut-scene or two.

Also, we don't know how big his role will be in future. We've still got 3/4 DJ's to come where he'll most likely be featured.... as well as a bunch of "Clients Jobs" that he could be a part of. Unless the leakers have already shown all this content and proven me wrong :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14

English Dave will most likely be the host on the new radio station similar how the bahama mama DJ was the TBOGT TLAD Vladivostok FM host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

I suspect that this DLC was supposed to be Single Player DLC and English Dave was a bigger part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh
9 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

I suspect that this DLC was supposed to be Single Player DLC and English Dave was a bigger part

Nah, Story DLC was meant to be 3 parts:

 

-IAA/FIB storyline, with Trevor as main character;

 

-Alien Invasion storyline, speculated to be with Michael;

 

-Zombie Apocalypse with Franklin.

 

Assets from the first two were greatly reused in Doomsday Heist, last one remains to be seen yet.

 

Nightclubs was not reported by the leakers who had access to a document about the Story DLC, safe to assume that it wasn't in their plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Up2NoGood45
2 hours ago, Re-Dragon-Cro said:

Had to get a van full of equipment for the stage since Dave said that Solomun wasn't satisfied with the gear. Pretty much kill 3 guards grab the van and go for the club while followed by 2 cars(haven't seen what cars since I was far ahead)

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
2 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Ugh, he has random calls?

So much for my hope he dies at the end of this dripfeed. The only funny thing he's done is flick off the pilot and call him a twat. I don't see the point of his character

He's one of the many characters who are apparently beneath you... (since you're the boss) who give you fetch quests so YOU run around like their bitch.

 

I was truly hoping for new gameplay loops for this update but once again it is go A, collect X, go B, collect Y, go C. Repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mute!
12 hours ago, Agent 14 said:

English Dave will most likely be the host on the new radio station similar how the bahama mama DJ was the TBOGT TLAD Vladivostok FM host.

Big up the London massive.

 

 

Edited by mute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutchling
2 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Ugh, he has random calls?

So much for my hope he dies at the end of this dripfeed. The only funny thing he's done is flick off the pilot and call him a twat. I don't see the point of his character

So I’m not the only one who wants nothing to do with him. Pointless character and annoying ass accent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arrows to Athens

My one had me go to a Yacht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sootyjared

I had one where I had to steal a van full of equipment, I haven’t had anything else through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
2 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Get rid of Lazlow? Dude's a regular in this series all the way back in III, it's kind of a tradition to have him in every GTA game, even if only on radio, no way they should get rid of him.

 

But English Dave? Not even a real character to begin with, and serves no function that couldn't be reassigned to Lazlow, since he has connection with plenty of artists already.

 

Guy is funny at least. Totally see R* using him again in GTA VI somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
senn

haven't had a single call from him, but I keep my popularity bar maxxed. Do these calls only happen if you let it drop to minimum?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14

I only got one call from him and it was to pick up 3 of his buddies on a heli. Had to fly low too. Btw if Kent Paul still alive? I like him more than this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
30 minutes ago, senn said:

haven't had a single call from him, but I keep my popularity bar maxxed. Do these calls only happen if you let it drop to minimum?

 

 

Same here. I might never get a call from him, because I am keeping my bar topped up compulsively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djdest

My bar has never been lower than half of the highest block, so it doesn’t have to get very low to get calls. 

Someone mentioned seeing lazlow with glow sticks, I’ve not seen that but I have seen him with a hobby horse on the dance floor!

 

and one thing to really wind up a dj such as myself, the plural of vinyl is vinyl, not vinyls!

does it call them vinyls in the game? Even if it said vinyl it would be incorrect because he’s not using turntables in the club, they’re meant to be Pioneer cd/digital players :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
senn
1 minute ago, djdest said:

My bar has never been lower than half of the highest block, so it doesn’t have to get very low to get calls. 

Someone mentioned seeing lazlow with glow sticks, I’ve not seen that but I have seen him with a hobby horse on the dance floor!

 

and one thing to really wind up a dj such as myself, the plural of vinyl is vinyl, not vinyls!

does it call them vinyls in the game? Even if it said vinyl it would be incorrect because he’s not using turntables in the club, they’re meant to be Pioneer cd/digital players :)

Lazlow moves around. He has the Glowsticks (giant ones) on the 2nd floor. He also dances on the LHS podium replacing whichever dancer is usually there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
6 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Nah, Story DLC was meant to be 3 parts:

 

-IAA/FIB storyline, with Trevor as main character;

-Alien Invasion storyline, speculated to be with Michael;

-Zombie Apocalypse with Franklin.

 

Assets from the first two were greatly reused in Doomsday Heist, last one remains to be seen yet.

Nightclubs was not reported by the leakers who had access to a document about the Story DLC, safe to assume that it wasn't in their plans.

Yeaaaah sure just because something wasn't reported by leakers that means it didn't exist at all? Thats not very logical way of thinking. 

Also think about SP DLCs from the past - Do they only have ONE linear story? or multiple unrelated stories and different quest givers? This is just a little side job that was ported to online. 

Everything about nightclubs screams single player:

- Cutscenes are made for only one player. Everyone else will be 'invisible' (that never happened before in online story missions)
- Jobs where only the owner of the club can drive the vehicle. Bodyguards can only sit and watch you play. Again something that never happened before in online.

It was clearly designed for singleplayer mode.

Edited by Piro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thepiebaker

Coming 2045 gta online after hours 2: party till dawn. Now featuring heliyacht parties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
senn
4 minutes ago, thepiebaker said:

Coming 2045 gta online after hours 2: party till dawn. Now featuring heliyacht parties. 

meh it's been done. dc6e1f-GTA5%202016-05-18%2019-01-52-73.p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.