Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cutter De Blanc

Is Micah Bell a bad guy?

Is Micha Bell a bad guy?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Micha Bell will be one of the antagonists?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Other

Deadman2112
13 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

Nah thats BS. we know that before the events where the story starts Micah has done some bad sh*t. Daddy issues or not he killed an innocent dog, and in the epilogue we know that he killed a little girl he was trying to rape

Right.

That's why I said...

His daddy issues and constant desire to be #1 in Dutch's eyes has made him a psychopath.

...thought I made that clear.

Edited by Deadman2112

FreeMaxB585
4 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

Right.

That's why I said...

His daddy issues and constant desire to be #1 in Dutch's eyes has made him a psychopath.

...thought I made that clear.

LMAO WTF. A lot of people have daddy issues. sh*t Arthur does as well, he lost his dad and joined Dutch when he was in his late teens, and has looked at Dutch as a father. A long with many others who have daddy issues and dont end up killing innocent dogs and little girls. Your point makes zero sense. Pretty clear he was always a scummy dude before he even met the gang

Deadman2112
20 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

LMAO WTF. A lot of people have daddy issues. sh*t Arthur does as well, he lost his dad and joined Dutch when he was in his late teens, and has looked at Dutch as a father. A long with many others who have daddy issues and dont end up killing innocent dogs and little girls. Your point makes zero sense. Pretty clear he was always a scummy dude before he even met the gang

Lmao

Ok if you say so but I guess you missed the the words...

It made him a psychopath.

The behavior you talk about are psychopathic behaviors.

Guess you are another that failed reading comprehension in school.

Also, I forgot that members who just recently joined are experts. My bad, but thanks for putting me in my place.

So, go on...

Tell us how it is sweet pee.

Set us all on the path to your grate insight.

Come on.

Don't be shy, your pigtails look fine...

Edited by Deadman2112

GTAgamerWyald

Nah he is great guy

Smokewood
20 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

Lmao

Also, I forgot that members who just recently joined are experts. My bad, but thanks for putting me in my place.

So, go on...

Come on.

To be fair join date doesn't mean anything.

Deadman2112
8 hours ago, Smokewood said:

To be fair join date doesn't mean anything.

True.

My bad

You know what I apologize for attacking him.

How about this...

@FreeMaxB585

I get it. This story leaves people emotionally charged. 

...and any good story should stir emotions, but thinking with emotions leads to bad things. (See my behavior in my above post if you need an example)

It's easy to like Arthur, and get upset over what happened to him.

...I did. 

As I'm sure many have, and will.

...but it's because of that fondness for him that you are thinking with your emotions and not logic.

I'm not much of a Biblical man, but one good piece of advice found in it is...

it's ok to follow your heart, but a truly wise man leads his heart to what is right and good.

So, since my post obviously didn't get my point across, and to be honest, I didn't want to post another wall of text explaining every little detail like I was talking to two year old, (looking back on it, I probably should have just done it that way in the first place and maybe avoided this crap all together. Deep sigh.)

That said, let me better clarify.

(Also, I just want to get this out of the way...

The post is titled way different than the pole is titled 

A screw up on the OP IMO so I answered the question asked not the pole. And to add cutter really posts things I disagree with or find mistakes in.)

On with the post...

Do I think Micah is about as useful as sh*t on a shoe?

...absolutely.

However (regarding the vote) when I said there wasn't a choice I would have gone with, it was not because I think he is a good guy.

I made that comment because a simple "yes or no" doesn't suffice in this situation.

Based on that, I genuinely think you are missing the point.

Maybe that's because you have had little life experience in dealing with crazy people, or perhaps you have never read a great novel on subjects like this.

Perhaps you have never turned on the news to see that someone murdered their whole family, all because daddy or mommy didn't give them enough attention.

...hell the story of Cain and Abel easily comes to mind right off the top of my head, but maybe you've never read it.

As sad as that is to even say, people unfortunately do things like this, for that exact reason.

So in light of that maybe this will put it on a scale that you may be able to relate to...

Have you ever seen the movie gladiator?

In that movie the king casts his favor on his general rather then his own son simply because he does not think his son is wise enough YET to rule.

Because of this, the son kills the king (yes his own father), kills the generals family, even imprisoned his own sister because she likes the general also. Then, ultimately, he also kills the general himself, but not before making his own life a total disaster. In the end all of Rome hates him and he dies also.

So.

Like it or not...

All of it was done because of "DADDY ISSUES".

...unless of course you can offer me a better way to describe it?

If not...

then that's the stance I will take on this subject.

As i said before, it's an age old story.

I also remember several of the NPC's in this game saying...

"(Insert twang accent) It's like my grandma always said...

Nothing new under the Sun"

Edited by Deadman2112

Oldsport
1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

yes without a question. sh*t even at the end of the game we know he killed a little girl. he is scum who sold out all of the gang who had helped him out. he only cared about himself. Arthur and others had saved him multiple times. he was ok with john staying in jail, and when came to getting abigale even said "shes just a girl we got the money now" He was fine with leaving anyone to die, if he was even somewhat good he would at least help others back or warn the gang he had talked to the pinkertons

arthur is bad but at least had some morals and was loyal. he never leaves anyone behind, he cared enough about john to made sure he made it. he even helped micah break out of jail and being killed all because he was loyal to the whole gang

Nah thats BS. we know that before the events where the story starts Micah has done some bad sh*t. Daddy issues or not he killed an innocent dog, and in the epilogue we know that he killed a little girl he was trying to rape

wait micah tried to rape a little girl? when did it say that

saintsrow

In the very first mission in the game, when Arthur walks into the Adler cabin, it looks like Micah is trying to attack Sadie Adler.  Micah doesn't make a very good first impression.  Then things go to sh*t from there.  

Shinola Gamer
1 hour ago, saintsrow said:

In the very first mission in the game, when Arthur walks into the Adler cabin, it looks like Micah is trying to attack Sadie Adler.  Micah doesn't make a very good first impression.  Then things go to sh*t from there.  

I thought that was in the epilogues when Cleet mentions that Micah killed a little girl that's why he doesn't hangout with them no more I'm not pretty sure...

Deadman2112
6 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

I thought that was in the epilogues when Cleet mentions that Micah killed a little girl that's why he doesn't hangout with them no more I'm not pretty sure...

At the start Dutch and Arthur ride out in the snow storm looking for the rest of the gang and run into Micah. He tell them about a cabin and that's when it happens.

Edited by Deadman2112

FreeMaxB585
On 12/6/2018 at 12:44 PM, Deadman2112 said:

Lmao

So, go on...

Come on.

you really dont understand much. most psychopaths are born that way. are born messed up. now certain events can take someone to new levels. but majority of people who lose loved ones dont becomes psychopaths, they are already born that way. its most likely micah has always been an evil sh*tty person, nothing about daddy issues. you are very off base

On 12/6/2018 at 7:05 PM, Shinola Gamer said:

yes micah did kill a little girl in the epilogue but what he was talking about did happen in the first chapter to

Deadman2112
1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

its most likely micah has always been an evil sh*tty person, nothing about daddy issues. you are very off base

I understand and know a lot more then you think or are giving me credit for.

I know that for a fact.

I get it, you know nothing about me or what I know. I'm not going to go into that any further making this post any longer the it needs to be. Besides some thing are just better left unsaid.

...but at least you are passionate about the story. Good for you.

That said...

I guess you didn't read the post I put up after talking about grate story's or the movie gladiator.

If you did, you would SEE I'm not off base and how you are not understanding the big picture.

Sorry I know it's a bit long but I feel it's worth the time.

However if you will not read it...

Then let's just agree to disagree 

Happy gaming and good luck with that...

Edited by Deadman2112

unfairlane
On 7/27/2018 at 1:12 AM, BretMaverick777 said:

I personally think he seems like a cool dude.  I still believe there's a lot of open-ended story in this game, based entirely around how the player personally acts and plays (i.e., a good-neutral-evil alignment system), and I think Micah is one of those in the #ScrewDutch camp....I believe the "brothers make mistakes" is more a condemnation of Arthur taking Dutch's side over the side of reason and/or compassion regarding some incident that gets one or more of the gang in trouble with the boss. 

Right now, he kinda brings to mind for me David Carradine's portrayal of Cole Younger in "The Long Riders."  One serious badass.

6rlyTRo.jpg

Carradine? Man you`re definetly not good at judging characters. Micah is a true copy of Klaus Kinsky, obvious for anyone who knows their westerns:  

http://www.strangethings.nu/bildsidor/kinskicollection.htm

+ one moore

https://www.strangethings.nu/bildsidor/kinskicollection_abulletforthegeneral.htm

Edited by unfairlane

FreeMaxB585
On 12/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, Deadman2112 said:

I understand and know a lot more then you think or are giving me credit for.

I know that for a fact.

I get it, you know nothing about me or what I know. I'm not going to go into that any further making this post any longer the it needs to be. Besides some thing are just better left unsaid.

...but at least you are passionate about the story. Good for you.

That said...

I guess you didn't read the post I put up after talking about grate story's or the movie gladiator.

If you did, you would SEE I'm not off base and how you are not understanding the big picture.

Sorry I know it's a bit long but I feel it's worth the time.

However if you will not read it...

Then let's just agree to disagree 

Happy gaming and good luck with that...

I read it bro. your sh*t is so wrong its funny. pretty much was saying Micah was never that bad of a guy then daddy issues turned him into a maniac. thats not how it works. most notorious killers grew up with good families. and most people when they lose a close loved one doesn't turn into an animal. Not too mention there is NO proof at all that Micah had daddy issues etc, only tried sucking up to dutch because he knew where the money was at. Not trying to be a dick but I just had to post your arguments on the reddit, glad everyone else strongly disagrees or else I thought I was going a bit crazy

Deadman2112

@FreeMaxB585

You are once again putting words in my mouth truly showing what kind of uneducated moron you are...

So since you wouldn't just walk away, so I'll leave you with this...

before I go...

Now you are blocked...

And don't call me bro 

P.S. hit play a few times so the point gets across 

Edited by Deadman2112

Cutter De Blanc

Don't care what kinda daddy issues this guy has, once ya kill the camp dog you're a bad guy.

BretMaverick777
On 12/7/2018 at 11:34 PM, unfairlane said:

Carradine? Man you`re definetly not good at judging characters. Micah is a true copy of Klaus Kinsky, obvious for anyone who knows their westerns:  

http://www.strangethings.nu/bildsidor/kinskicollection.htm

+ one moore

https://www.strangethings.nu/bildsidor/kinskicollection_abulletforthegeneral.htm

I'm just fine at judging characters, thanks.   That's why I was talking about character, not just what a character looks like.  

For the record, yeah, I agree that physically, he looks like Kinski's spaghetti western characters.   Personality wise, and dialogue wise, he still sounds a lot like Carradine's take on Cole Younger in "The Long Riders."    One of many, many, many Westerns I know about. 🤣

Deadman2112
4 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Don't care what kinda daddy issues this guy has, once ya kill the camp dog you're a bad guy.

Not that I disagree...

But can someone show me where I said he was a good guy?

Please show me...

Cause last I checked I said, and I quote...

Do I think Micah is about as useful as sh*t on a shoe?

...absolutely.

Why did I say that?

Because what do you with sh*t on a shoe?

You get rid of it and then wash away the stain.

If I meet a f*cktard like that, would I kill him?

You dam right I would, in a heart beat.

Then I'd put him the swamps behind my house 

I have both a daughter and a son and if someone did something like that to them...

All I can say is they'd better hope the law catches them before I do because they would write books about what I did afterwards.

...and you can take that to bank.

But again I ask ...

Where did I say he was a good guy?

I said he had daddy issues because I can't stand little dress wearing mamby-pamby coward b****** who blame everything on their parents for their problems as the whole problem with the world today.

But again I ask 

When did I say he was a good guy?

Sorry cutter

Wasn't necessarily directing that at you

...just don't see where I said he was good.

The guy is putting words in my mouth and only a real coward hides behind tactics like that.

Edited by Deadman2112

RyuNova

I did get quite a rapey vibe from Micah chasing Sadie around at the beginning. I think even Dutch had to tell him to stop and Micah said something like "I was only gonna/trying to have a little fun"

Cutter De Blanc
22 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

But again I ask 

When did I say he was a good guy?

Sorry cutter

Wasn't necessarily directing that at you

...just don't see where I said he was good.

If I understand your point of view, you are saying he is not a good guy, but you are also not saying he is a bad guy because he's f*cked in the head. 

I'd posit that he is definitely the most villainous character in the story, and his characterization just goes to explain why he is a bad guy rather than excusing it

Smokewood

I caught him spitting on reverend swanson in chapter 2... he's a piece of sh*t.

Xerukal
On 12/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

I didn't know he killed Cain... that's f*cked. I caught him telling Jack that Cain is dead, and that was reason enough to be upset. But I didn't think he'd actually kill him.

I still can't believe Dutch trusted a guy who was in the gang for like 6 months over the boah he knew for most of his life. Guess that's more reason to hate him.

Darealbandicoot

Yes absolutely. He abused Cain at Clements point when nobody (Except Arthur) was looking and eventually killed him. He is also a piece of sh*t to the gang at all times AND.... 

SPOILER 

SPOILER 

SPOILER 

SPOILER 

SPOILER 

he's a rat and potentially killed Arthur. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Maddened_Ghost

Micah is trash, I wanted to punch him since I've had the first dialogues with him on the way to the house in the first chapter.

each time I met him, it got even worse, and then that time when he decided to grab Arthur in Annesburg and shout "where you followed"

I just wanted to throw dynamite in his mouth and watch his head blow up.

After the last mission I went to the top of the mountain with a lasso and some dynamite, unfortunately Rockstar made it impossible for me to do what I wanted to do up there.

Deadman2112
13 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

If I understand your point of view, you are saying he is not a good guy, but you are also not saying he is a bad guy because he's f*cked in the head. 

Close but no.

Not really.

...well kind of yes and no lol

Yes, he is fkd in the head, and that doesn't dismiss what he's done or does, but rather...

It's like this...

You've got 5 real killers in this gang; right.

Arthur, John, Javier, Bill, and Micah.

Yes the other members of the gang, have and do kill...

But I think of them as...

What I would call, just gunmen. Not genuine killers like the others.

People who just got caught up if you get me.

Yes, Dutch also is a killer but not like the other guys. Well, not till later in the story.

Although I believe during this particular part of the story he's acquiring a taste for it. Hosea basically says this exact thing repeatedly in the very beginning of the game.

...but maybe that's just my take on this.

Getting back to the list...

Out of them, Micah is by far the worst but it's done because of his twisted desire to be the best.

Simply put...

He has to out do everyone, and all for the approval of Dutch.

If John kills 3 he has to shoot 13.

...but if Arthur kills 10 he has to rape a town, kill a nation and then warm his feet by a fire built from that destruction.

Why so much more when Arthur does it?

Because Dutch is always referring to Arthur as his best son.

A level of respect "from Dutch", that he wants for himself.

...and one he doesn't believe Arthur deserves. He says this repeatedly throughout the story.

Yes there are aspects of greed in there but I think it's more for Dutch.

I say that because if it were just greed, and a lust for destruction...

Then he would have just killed Dutch, took the money, and rode off into the sunset.

Instead, he stuck by Dutch's side.

...and that says something huge. Especially when considering the type of guy he is.

Now I don't know about you, but I'd wager he has no qualms about being on the run and killing anything that tred to stop him in the process.

...but yet he doesn't.

So his drive to kill more, rape more, and destroy more...

All stem from Dutch.

The man he see's as his father.

Do I think he gets a bit of enjoyment out of it?

Yeah, I'd say so.

...but I still think it's more about pleasing Dutch then you guys are giving credit to.

I say that because he will not even go back to camp after you free him from jail, until he has a gift to offer Dutch.

...another telling move IMO.

Hope that clears things up, because I've got other things to do.

...it's back to the hunt for me.

Peace.

...edit...

Ok done

...enough edits lol

Just wanted to make sure I covered all the bases.

Edited by Deadman2112

CaliMeatWagon
4 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

So Yes.

Daddy issues.

Where did you get your degree in psychology?

Gray-Hand

Micah might have had daddy issues, and they might even explain why he tries to extract attention from Dutch and drive away Arthur and John.

But it does not explain his wanton cruelty and love of extreme violence and chaos.

As an example - his rampage in Strawberry, where he kills dozens of people has nothing to do with Dutch.  He just does it because he enjoyed it.

Micah is evil, with zero redeeming qualities, but what makes him evil is his cruelty and sadism, not his daddy issues. His daddy issues just set him up as a rival/adversary/antagonist for Arthur.  

Deadman2112
2 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

Micah might have had daddy issues, and they might even explain why he tries to extract attention from Dutch and drive away Arthur and John.

But it does not explain his wanton cruelty and love of extreme violence and chaos.

As an example - his rampage in Strawberry, where he kills dozens of people has nothing to do with Dutch.  He just does it because he enjoyed it.

Micah is evil, with zero redeeming qualities, but what makes him evil is his cruelty and sadism, not his daddy issues. His daddy issues just set him up as a rival/adversary/antagonist for Arthur.  

Again

Not that I disagree but the strawberry thing is to eliminate witnesses. Especially the ones that saw and directly overheard him talking to the government men.

(Side note...

...as I said on another post this wasn't a gang that if you decided to leave would kill you for making that choice. That is made clear in the very beginning of the game, by pretty much all of them.

...but the one thing you didn't do, that definitely would get you killed, was to talk.)

Getting back to strawberry...

He kills the guy in the cell and later says he was an O'Driscoll gang member.

Then kills the two people in that house and said it was because he had to get his guns

...and both of the things he said may be partly true, but it's only part of the reason.

If you listen to NPC conversation later in the game, a clue can be overheard regarding this. Put that together with the clues later found at his camp site, and there you have it.

...it's really that simple.

It's really all the uniformed speculation that is leading to this misunderstanding.

The main witnesses he was after are..

...all the law men at the jail

...the guy in the jail cell with him

...and the two people in that house 

All because they directly overheard him talking to the government men, he know that Dutch would kill him for it if they were left alive.

Everyone else was unfortunately a result of that.

It seems most road a boat across the pond and saw only the ripples on the surface.

...where as I went diving in it.

Basically for me...

Simply telling me that the clock ticks, isn't enough. I want to know how and why it ticks.

I think most if not all can agree that truth is a black and white thing.

...but how can you know truth if color you are looking at and describing is gray?

My point is...

Only by knowing all the facts can you make a truly informed opinion on anything you see. That goes for real life as well.

I don't know what else to say.

I can't put it in any simpler terms.

Anyway, best of luck

...and happy hunting.

Edited by Deadman2112

SAS_Intruder

He is good boy, future college graduate, regularly goes to church and he volunteers in public kitchen. 

Display Name

Micah is cool. Unironically one of the good guys. He knew Dutch was insane and full of sh*t, so he wanted to use him. Besides Dutch he didn't betray anyone, because he lacked that bond with other gang members. He was as "evil" as anyone else in the gang, others just were living in their fantasy land where they were the good guys.