1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How profitable is the bunker business?

El Payaso

Profit is revenue minus cost.

Besides the obvious cost being resupplies (if bought), what about the daily charge of $9,400?

We get charged $9,400 every in game day which is 48 minutes. This is assuming you have a fully upgraded bunker.

The bunker takes 11 hours and 40 minutes of ACTIVE play time to fill up. To keep the math simple, I will round it up to 12 hours.

There are 720 minutes in 12 hours. Divide 720 minutes by 48 minutes (1 GTA day). That means it takes 15 in game days to fill up. Which also means you get charged 15 times before you bunker will fill up.

$9,400 multiply by 15 days is $141,000.

Five full bars are required to fill up a bunker. At $75,000 per full bar, that's $375,000.

$375,000 plus $141,000 is $516,000. This is your cost (ignoring any other possible costs such as yacht, office assistant, ammo etc) That means your true profit is $700,000 minus $516,00 = $184,000 (if you sell near) and $1,050,000 minus $516,000 = $534,000 (if you sell far).

That means you are running at roughly 50% profitability if you still far and an absolutely abysmal 26% if you sell near. We haven't even factored in the other fees from yacht, mechanic, office assistant, nightclub staff and other fees.

Edited by El Payaso
Fixed an error and added a few more things.

Wouldnt the 516K be the total cost rather than the profit? You would have to take the full amount you can make including ceo bonus then subtract the 516 k from that to find your max possible profit.

Also I think you only get charged those fees if you register as ceo. If you only register every 2 hours or so to resupply the cost should be less.

Edited by StangOne50
2 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

Wouldnt the 516K be the total cost rather than the profit? You would have to take the full amount you can make including ceo bonus then subtract the 516 k from that to find your max possible profit.

Also I think you only get charged those fees if you register as ceo. If you only register every 2 hours or so to resupply the cost should be less.

Thank you. I mixed it up. I've fixed it.

Yes, true. You only get charged every time you are active as CEO. This breakdown is taking the assumption that you only refill when your supplies are completely exhausted. To resupply, you need to become a CEO and I believe you get charged once you register especially if you've already spent some time in a session prior to becoming a CEO.

No Use For A Name

When I was running bunker and coke constantly the last few weeks I only registered to resupply (buy) and sell.

I got hit with 4 of each charge in those two weeks. As long as you don’t spend time as an org leader, you should be fine. 

For AFKers, all you really need to do is sell one $7k street car every 48 minutes to cover daily charges

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think many people don't let it fill all the way up. Maybe it's just me.

Buy supplies once. Let them deplete. Takes a bit over 2 hours. Gives me 210k far sale. In a full session about 262k. Only requires one vehicle too.

I don't even consider the $75k for supplies, as I sell a high end car immediately after I buy Bunker supplies. So It evens out. I usually only get hit with the $9500 once a night (real world night). But again, that's usually covered by something else that I have done.

I'd say your math is good though, that's definitely the theoretical profit if you just do the Bunker by itself.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, No Use For A Name said:

You only get charged $9400 if you’re active as a CEO/MC prez

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it works like the MC businesses, you'll still be charged for any daily expenses that are due the next time you become CEO.

I run as CEO all the time until I want to resupply and then sell my coke stock, I change to MC Pres just before entering the lockup.

The first time I switch, no charge.

The second time, I get a bill for $8250 (no security upgrade).

As far as I know, the only way to skip out on dailies is to switch sessions before they become due (IE: per day, so before 48 minutes has elapsed in game.).

Edited by kcole4001
clarity
9 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it works like the MC businesses, you'll still be charged for any daily expenses that are due the next time you become CEO.

I run as CEO all the time until I want to resupply and then sell my coke stock, I change to MC Pres just before entering the lockup.

The first time I switch, no charge.

The second time, I get a bill for $8250 (no security upgrade).

As far as I know, the only way to skip out on dailies is to switch sessions before they become due (IE: per day, so before 48 minutes has elapsed in game.).

Just change session before you register as mc/ceo and you won't be charged at all 

If you indeed factor in all the worst possible choices for the Bunker sales: Not selling for the bonus, Not retiring from CEO status after resupplying, & not playing a quick job to help counter each resupply buy....of course the profit results look terrible. That goes with any business in this game, I don't get why one would base their their profitable view of one of the businesses in that way. Bunker is the easiest afk money maker in the game, & worthwhile if you know what you are doing. Top top it off, utilizing the new Night Club automatic/free sourcing is a nice hands free afk business that can work alongside Gunrunning. 

So yeah running a Bunker in the worst possible way sucks for significant profit goals, but that goes for any business.

Edited by Foreverpast
9 hours ago, Foreverpast said:

If you indeed factor in all the worst possible choices for the Bunker sales: Not selling for the bonus, Not retiring from CEO status after resupplying, & not playing a quick job to help counter each resupply buy....of course the profit results look terrible. That goes with any business in this game, I don't get why one would base their their profitable view of one of the businesses in that way. Bunker is the easiest afk money maker in the game, & worthwhile if you know what you are doing. Top top it off, utilizing the new Night Club automatic/free sourcing is a nice hands free afk business that can work alongside Gunrunning. 

So yeah running a Bunker in the worst possible way sucks for significant profit goals, but that goes for any business.

Even if you retire after resupplying, the next time you become a CEO, you will still be charged.

Anyway, the point of this analysis wasn't to take into account the various playing styles. Some people never even retire from CEO and just stay that way. My aim was too highlight the profit margin if you included the bunker fees. Do some people switch sessions every time before they become CEOs? Sure. Do some people use resupply glitches? Sure.

I'm not saying one shouldn't run a bunker. All I'm saying is with the various fees in the game, one should sometimes look beyond the numbers that are obvious.

Also, are you saying technicians at the nightclub will refill your bunker supplies automatically?

For me and my crew it's the best business, we let it fill up until it gets to 300 350k to ensure 2 vehicles only, and we sell in the city, so we get 450 550k aprox. and every associate gets 35k or so.

We steal every supply tho, with 5 ppl you can fill it up with just 1 mission, with 2 ppl you need to do 2 missions, we never refill with just 1.

Edited by III-Ari-III
5 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Even if you retire after resupplying, the next time you become a CEO, you will still be charged.

Anyway, the point of this analysis wasn't to take into account the various playing styles. Some people never even retire from CEO and just stay that way. My aim was too highlight the profit margin if you included the bunker fees. Do some people switch sessions every time before they become CEOs? Sure. Do some people use resupply glitches? Sure.

I'm not saying one shouldn't run a bunker. All I'm saying is with the various fees in the game, one should sometimes look beyond the numbers that are obvious.

Also, are you saying technicians at the nightclub will refill your bunker supplies automatically?

- If someone retires, afks or stays out of CEO until supply is depleted, then registers to supply again, they cheat 1-2 extra daily fees as they only pay for one as soon as they register again.

So they still save a decent little chunk of money by delaying the payment until the last day's worth, essentially skipping any other daily fees that would've been owed.

- I get it completely, I just thought it was kinda odd at this point for someone to highlight this.

I know you're doing this in all good intentions, just the initial vibe when reading it was like "Why is this about trying to make Bunker look bad?".

It was just a first impression kinda thing I guess, I saw alot of criticism posts laying out the base fees and stuff when it first came out/before techniques and methods developed.

- No, I meant that Night Club technician is a plus to Bunker businesses.

The Night Club sourcing is essentially a 2nd bunker business, some slower stock building time but it lacking any resupply demands & the deliveries easier.

For people that milk the crap out of Bunker via security cameras, the Night Club is like a big bonus as it adds an additional income with zero maintenance effort.

Edited by Foreverpast