4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ldc1786422198

On game activation codes

Question

ldc1786422198

A few days ago, my game was suddenly unable to log in through inquiring game customer service that it was due to the steam family sharing that the activation code was transferred to the shared account. It was hoped that someone would help me to solve the problem.

4 answers to this question

Vanzant

I moved this to GTA V Help and Support....I don't even know if GTAV is the game you're having trouble with. Anyhoo, have you tried steam support? I don't really know how much help you're going to get here to be honest.

ldc1786422198

Steam customer service tells me that the activation code problem can not be solved.

Vanzant

Pulled from RockStar Social Club to see if any of this helps....

Question: When trying to run GTAV on PC, I am getting one of the following errors:

• "Social Club failed to initialize."
  • "Social Club failed to load due to an incomplete installation. Please exit the game and re-install the latest version of the Social Club."
  • "A newer version of Social Club is required. The updater may have failed. Please exit the game and install the latest version of the Social Club."

How can I resolve this issue?

Answer:  The most common cause for these errors is an incorrect installation of Social Club. If you are receiving one of these errors, we recommend uninstalling Social Club and then reinstalling it manually from this page. When installing the second time:

• First, be sure GTAV is not running in the background. Open the Task Manager and end the following processes if they are running (right click the process and click "End Process"):
    • GTA5.exe
    • PlayGTAV.exe
    • GTAVLauncher.exe
  • Ensure you have administrator rights on your computer. Run the Social Club Installation application as an administrator by right clicking the application and choosing "Run as Administrator."

If you are still experiencing the same problem, please try the additional troubleshooting below:

• Verify the Steam Cache (Steam version only):
  1. Load Steam.
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  • Run GTAV as an Administrator
  1. Go to the install directory for GTAV PC
  2. Right click "PlayGTAV.exe"
  3. Click "Run as Administrator"
  • Verify that you have the latest version of DirectX and Visual C++. The latest versions can be downloaded from here
  • If you are stuck loading, auto-signin may have failed. Press the Home key and see if you can log in manually.
  • Temporarily disable antivirus/security, then uninstall if disabling does not work as a test. Be sure to reinstall and re-enable your antivirus after the test.
  • Make sure that Social Club is installed to the correct directory (by default, this is: Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club)

If you’re still encountering these errors after attempting the above steps, please download and install the latest version of the GTAV Launcher and try again.

This can be download from here: http://patches.rockstargames.com/prod/gtav/Launcher_EFIGS/GTA_V_Launcher_1_0_1365_1.exe

AiraCobra
22 hours ago, ldc1786422198 said:

A few days ago, my game was suddenly unable to log in through inquiring game customer service that it was due to the steam family sharing that the activation code was transferred to the shared account. It was hoped that someone would help me to solve the problem.

No, Your social club wasn't transfered to another Steam Account once it's linked to a steam account it can't be Unlinked by anyone except R* games themselves and even they won't unlink it without a very good reason.

Your GTA V account is tied to whatever Steam account it was first logged in with that is the Steam account you need to be signed into in order to be able to log into GTA V.

If you are unsure which Steam account is linked to your Social Club account then all you need to do is simply log into your Social Club account via Socialclub.rockstargames.com and then go to "Settings (the little gear next to your name in the upper right) the click Linked Account and there it will show you what Steam Account is linked to the social club account.

Once you've figured out which Steam account is linked then simply log into that Steam Account and volia you can play again.

Remember like I said above you can NOT unlink your Steam account from a social club account.