2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SM Provo

Enus Stafford Discussion & Appreciation Thread

MARINA

Hope it's this with the amazing engine note:

79'Blazer4x4
7 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Not very fast, as you were expected to hoon this like you would with a sports car, The Motor magazine reported a 0-60 time of 10.9 seconds, with a top speed of 104.7MPH at the time of release of the Series II. 

So I wouldn't assume that the car in this game would be fast either, not faster than the Windsor at least. 

They did make the Lada way faster than it has any right being, so I wouldn't put it past them to make this a speed demon.

jdv95

why are people even asking if it will be fast?

since when are old royces known to be fast?

they hate speed over style and luxury,and for the right reasons.

and if you want this car to be fast then i can only say that you are looking for the wrong brand.

kurvenflo
7 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

lol yeah indeed.

Some cars are just classy cruisers.

The Silver Cloud is a very iconic car, especially in Pop culture (I'm looking at you, Tony Montana)

Nevertheless, I was hoping for a Silver Shadow when I first read about the return of the Stafford...

Marciliojunior01

I think the performance will be on pair with the chino, or in the maximum the virgo classic. This is not meant to be a fast car. I also hope it has that terrible brakes you found in the Hermes 

xDatxJunkyx
4 hours ago, jdv95 said:

and if you want this car to be fast then i can only say that you are looking for the wrong brand.

...its not so much me wanting it to be super car fast. Its just pure curiousity. As a guy who drives chinos and tornado customs 24/7, having Zentorno speed isnt much of a worry here.

SM Provo

Whatever the performance will be, it doesn't matter. It's a Rolls Royce, you don't need to look under the hood.

IIRC, in the early days RR didn't even specify how much horsepower does a car have as they considered it to be "vulgar". You weren't supposed to be worried about it, there was just "enough"

Commander S
45 minutes ago, SM Provo said:

Whatever the performance will be, it doesn't matter. It's a Rolls Royce, you don't need to look under the hood.

IIRC, in the early days RR didn't even specify how much horsepower does a car have as they considered it to be "vulgar". You weren't supposed to be worried about it, there was just "enough"

Yup - even into the '90s, there was no official figure given, with the only statement at all from RR being that their cars made "sufficient" horsepower. :D

For one of the 'regular' (as in, 'not made to measure for royalty') models, you were looking at a V8 making an easy 300+, but not anything ridiculous - like with similar Jaguars, the implication was that you wanted decent straight-line cruising speed, but combined with a silky-smooth ride and effortless handling. After all, these weren't meant for you to drive, so much as your chauffeur to drive you, while you enjoyed comfort, craftsmanship, and insulation from everything outside the car while you got from A to B in style.

After all, another RR selling point for a long time was that 'the only sound you should expect to hear inside the car should be the ticking of the clock'. It'd be a really neat detail if R* gave it an authentic engine sound for third-person driving, but completely muted it when you're inside it in first-person mode.

Ceeohthree
21 hours ago, Snoopbr said:

This car makes me think it's time to add new wheels.

#wheelsexuality

I could be wrong, but I have a gut feeling this update will continue the dreaded trend of recycling old LSC wheels. Benny’s is a different story, but those wheels are currently only limited to 20 cars (for now) and that’s on console. 

R*. We. Want. More. Wheels. 

#wheelsexuality

Fozzie
8 minutes ago, Ceeohthree said:

those wheels are currently only limited to 20 cars (for now) and that’s on console. 

R*. We. Want. More. Wheels. 

#wheelsexuality

With a little magic you can put Bennys on normal cars on PS4 if you like.

Ceeohthree
17 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Unfortunately, I’m on Xbox One. 😪😡 Just when I thought there was hope. Thanks for the info. Never knew it could be done on PS4. 

The struggle is real.

#wheelsexuality 

Fozzie
6 minutes ago, Ceeohthree said:

Unfortunately, I’m on Xbox One. 😪😡 Just when I thought there was hope. Thanks for the info. Never knew it could be done on PS4. 

The struggle is real.

#wheelsexuality 

Aye some look pretty decent as well.

I'm partial to Rod Me Ups and Smoothies myself but they don't fit everything.

9fYf82Y.jpg

lYDm0Vy.jpg

Px4mkb9.jpg

yICiK8x.jpg

Edited by Fozzie

EkaSwede

I feel quite hyped about the Stafford. Looks like a... 1.4 mil car or so in either coupes or sports classics. I really hope the interior is nice and cozy along with a good engine sound. Definitely a car to gently cruise the strips en route to the nearest night club.

Ceeohthree
1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Aye some look pretty decent as well.

I'm partial to Rod Me Ups and Smoothies myself but they don't fit everything.

9fYf82Y.jpg

lYDm0Vy.jpg

Px4mkb9.jpg

yICiK8x.jpg

They may not fit everything, but you have more options to choose from then most us. The cars look nice. I really like the wires on the GT500. A lot of the muscle cars and classics would look great with some Benny’s. 

#wheelsexuality #wheelstoo 

jdv95
2 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

I feel quite hyped about the Stafford. Looks like a... 1.4 mil car or so in either coupes or sports classics. I really hope the interior is nice and cozy along with a good engine sound. Definitely a car to gently cruise the strips en route to the nearest night club.

they better NOT put it in the sport classics class.

i mean a vintage rolls should never be considered a  classic sports car.

coupe would be best. 

Mach1bud
18 hours ago, MARINA said:

Now my eyebrows have been raised. 

Seems like something Rockstar would do. 

You know whats better than a Rolls?  A Rolls with a rusty livery and a franken stange engine. 

5 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

coupe would be best. 

lol you know damn well it will be. Just like the Roosevelt's. 

lowriderlife63

I'll probably explode from happiness if I could put thick white walls on it like this. 

Image result for rolls royce silver cloud

jdv95
26 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:
26 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

You know whats better than a Rolls?  A Rolls with a rusty livery and a franken stange engine. 

I realy wish you could report people for having such an idiotic idea.

I like you,but please don't go to far.

Mach1bud
8 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

I realy wish you could report people for having such an idiotic idea.

I like you,but please don't go to far.

Boiii..if we had a Stafford that was one of these I would be 100x more happy. 

79'Blazer4x4
5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

What kind of magic? Dark magic? I'm pretty good at dark magic!

But seriously, how is this done?

Ceeohthree
19 hours ago, MARINA said:

I fell in love with this the first time I saw it on The Hoonigans. I love when classic cars are built to modern specs, but maintain an original or somewhat original look. 

Jay Leno did an episode featuring Gary Meador’s Viper powered 1948 Chrysler Town and Country Convertible. Beautiful car. The only thing that looks modern exterior-wise, are the 20 inch rims and stance. Paint job is gorgeous (looks like British racing green), it’s a woody with real wood panels, and the engine bay is breathtaking. I think it produced 500+ horses.

Bring back the Thunder Rodd!

#wheelsexuality 

ddarko12
13 hours ago, jdv95 said:

Exactly. I remember when people bitched about how "heavy/slow" the Windsor was when it came out. Yes the Wraith is the most powerful/fastest Rolls Royce but it's still a big ass car and takes some time getting up, under 5 seconds. Windsor feels similar. I mean it does get going when you push it... but why do you need to do that anyway?

If you're planning on gunning it in a Rolls Royce, it aint for you lmao. I barely go above 60 in my Windsor unless I'm on the highway and it'll be the same case with the Stafford. 😂

MARINA
3 hours ago, jdv95 said:

coupe would be best. 

Depending on performance I feel that muscles or sports classics would be more fitting. Coupes is a stupid class that really should just be merged with the sports and sedans classes

Fozzie
2 hours ago, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

What kind of magic? Dark magic? I'm pretty good at dark magic!

But seriously, how is this done?

Without getting too deep, because this isn't the place to talk about it..

You need Save Editor/Wizard to mod the vehicle and the Save file.

You need a working Single Player to Multi Player glitch to bring it Online and then either a Save Any Vehicle or Give Cars to Friends dupe to store it.

Then there's a bunch of variables like some cars can only be brought in during Free Mode events...

Even though the rides are sweet it's a pain in the nuts most the time tbh

Commander S
4 hours ago, jdv95 said:

coupe would be best. 

Thing is, the only class that isn't 'wrong' in some way would be ...Sedans - which sounds a bit pedestrian for a luxury saloon (although the Super Diamond is already in there...), but what are the alternatives?

On the one hand "Sports Classics" - which'd make sense as a vintage car (like with the Roosevelt before it), but it's by no means a "sports" car. R* really needs to just rename that class "Classics" instead...

On the other, "Coupes" is functionally more of a luxury/executive class - and again, really should be called "Executive", like in GTA IV. As it is, the class is both meaningless and nonsensical - having a separate "coupés" class is like having a separate "convertibles" class. And as it is, R* has indeed put both sedans and convertibles in with actual coupés, so it's a misnomer anyway.

Willy A. Jeep

I have to say, this is the first DLC vehicle I've been really scared for. I've always been pretty open to whatever Rockstar puts on the plate, and have always been detached enough to not care if there's some details wrong or if the sound isn't right, but with this? I'm super scared. I understand my tastes are certainly not what everybody else wants - I'm strict traditionalist when it comes to something like a Rolls-Royce - but... ohhh, I'm spooked by all the ICON derelict and "sacrilege" options talk. I'd love to see it done like the Valor, with the options all there for people to do what they want with, but I so don't want it to come stock with some loud, angry engine, or anything that could obliterate the identity of a Silver Cloud (or Phantom V, depending)!

Now I just feel silly for getting so worked up over a car we know so little about... But, I'm super stoked for it, apparently. It's not a dream car or anything, but oh man, it's got me excited.

Ceeohthree
7 hours ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

I have to say, this is the first DLC vehicle I've been really scared for. I've always been pretty open to whatever Rockstar puts on the plate, and have always been detached enough to not care if there's some details wrong or if the sound isn't right, but with this? I'm super scared. I understand my tastes are certainly not what everybody else wants - I'm strict traditionalist when it comes to something like a Rolls-Royce - but... ohhh, I'm spooked by all the ICON derelict and "sacrilege" options talk. I'd love to see it done like the Valor, with the options all there for people to do what they want with, but I so don't want it to come stock with some loud, angry engine, or anything that could obliterate the identity of a Silver Cloud (or Phantom V, depending)!

Now I just feel silly for getting so worked up over a car we know so little about... But, I'm super stoked for it, apparently. It's not a dream car or anything, but oh man, it's got me excited.

I don’t normally get excited over heavily customized (looking) classic Rolls Royce’s, but I appreciate the ICON Derelict because it’s not over the top. Like you, I prefer a Rolls to be close to its original design as possible. However, power is always appreciated as long as it’s not an obnoxious sounding 350-454 block engine in it. For a drag strip or car show, it’s cool. For an everyday driver and luxurious transportation, not my cup of tea. 

A modern engine like the LS in the Derelict sounds beautiful. It has a deep and low sounding idle that sounds intimidating, but not over the top. A good exhaust system makes a big difference too.

So far I’m pleased with how R* did the engine notes for the Enus brand. Hopefully the Stafford won’t disappoint. I could go for a maxed out Windsor Drop sounding Stafford. Scratch that. I could go for a maxed out Stafford sounding like a stock Windsor Drop.  😈

#wheelsexuality

Edited by Ceeohthree

Commander S
10 hours ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

Yeah - I hope they don't do something stupid like the Yosemite or Hermes again. I mean, I think the Hermes is still really fab, and the Yosemite's cool an' all, but ...ehh, would it have killed them to add stock versions first, and then have the bagged versions as upgrades/separate variants? :sigh:

suspect that even if they do go the route of 'ironic hot rod parts on a Roller', it'll just be like the Rapid GT Classic, where it comes in the traditional stock look (complete with authentic interior and trim colour option!) first, and then the other doodads are optional. Granted, I'm hoping the same (foolishly, I know...) for the Speedo/Pounder Customs as well: stock by default, and any extra silliness as purely optional kludge. :p

Classique
On 7/20/2018 at 1:22 PM, jdv95 said:

On the other hand, the Windsor and its Drop variant is the fastest cars in the Coupe class in terms of top speed :p  

But of course, I do agree with ya', Rolls Royce isn't made to be fast, only to comfortly get from .A to .B.

BadaBing_1996
20 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

lol you know damn well it will be. Just like the Roosevelt's.