2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

DutchSoldier

Would gta still be fun if its out the US ?

Would GTA Still be fun if its out of the US  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would GTA Still be fun if its out of the US

• Yes
    • No

DutchSoldier

I want to hear your choice on this

TheSantader25

No. The culture and madness GTA represents best suits America. 

If GTA took place somewhere else it would feel sort if out of place 

DutchSoldier

i agree on it

Am Shaegar

GTA = Grant Theft Americana..

NO

TheSantader25

However I do feel like the series has potential to take advantage of the Mexican border and a couple of cities in North Mexico. 

DutchSoldier

But what if you can travel to Mexico just like in RDR?

TheSantader25
55 minutes ago, DutchSoldier said:

But what if you can travel to Mexico just like in RDR?

Yes but the Mexico part of RDR was big and it suited it. 

I say it's good to have Mexico as 20% of the map and the rest should be USA. 

DutchSoldier
Posted (edited)

That would be fun as hell so I really hope that something like that happens. 

Edited by DutchSoldier

Emmi

Miami and Colombia with Cuba and Jamaica and more in between ... that'd make for an amazing GTA VI map.

DutchSoldier
34 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Miami and Colombia with Cuba and Jamaica and more in between ... that'd make for an amazing GTA VI map.

Yess that would be so awesome 

Zello
Posted (edited)

Keep it in North America. I wouldn't mind Canada it's just like the US. I don't think a Mexico only setting could work but a Mexican border town would with parts of Mexico in it.

Also if it's in Vice City I wouldn't mind a couple of islands we could visit that are countries like the Bahamas, Cuba, or a fictional country close to Vice.

Edited by Zello

Emmi
3 minutes ago, Zello said:

Keep it in North America. I wouldn't mind Canada it's just like the US. I don't think Mexico could work but a Mexican border town would.

Also if it's in Vice City I wouldn't mind a couple of islands we could visit that are countries like the Bahamas, Cuba, or a fictional country close to Vice.

:^: ... and Colombia!

Zello
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Emmi said:

:^: ... and Colombia!

Colombia is in South America and thousands of miles away...Look at a map.

Edited by Zello

Emmi
Just now, Zello said:

Colombia is in South America and thousands of miles away...Look at a map.

yeah, but it could still work ... like you can only go there if you visit an airport and fly over to Colombia ... forth and back from Miami to Colombia.

If this 'rumor' is anything to go by, GTA VI will be set in Miami (Vice City) and South America!

DutchSoldier

But if you guys see in the store Grand Theft Auto: 6 and you look on the back and you see that it is in Amsterdam you aren`t going to buy it ?

Emmi
5 minutes ago, DutchSoldier said:

But if you guys see in the store Grand Theft Auto: 6 and you look on the back and you see that it is in Amsterdam you aren`t going to buy it ?

It'll never happen.

DutchSoldier
3 minutes ago, Emmi said:

It'll never happen.

I know but imagine

Mikeyanks96

I voted yes because if done right GTA can be fun in any modernized big city setting. Like I’d bet that GTA would still be entertaining if it had a city like Montreal, Toronto or London on the map. But with that said, GTA at its core is an American game, and it always has been. If it were to be done outside of the US, there would probably have to be a US city still on the map. I don’t think it’s the same game if it’s 100% in another country. I’m all for GTA implementing a new city based off of an American city, but I don’t think that setting it entirely in another country would work.

Penguin Bob

If R* could come up with a fictional name out of the US, (for example: Los Santos, Liberty City, Vice City, San Fierro, etc), then sure. Why not?

Hmmm nice bike

I don't see why it wouldn't be fun. Especially if it's set in the UK, I'm sure Rockstar could easily find things to parody in their own home country and take on the culture there easily.

TheSantader25
5 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be fun. Especially if it's set in the UK, I'm sure Rockstar could easily find things to parody in their own home country and take on the culture there easily.

The worst thing about UK is gonna be the roads. 

It's a nightmare for me to get used to driving in the left line. 

flgta

It should only include another country, especially specific to a location. There is yet, still parts of the US that haven't been done, with the most recent parts of North Dakota. I think North Yankton was based on it? It wasn't accessible outside of missions either. What I liked about SA is that it included Las Venturas (Las Vegas) and can be accessible.

DutchSoldier

Yeah north Yankton would be so nice to play on

Guys, a quick thing to say is Thank You. Because this is my first topic and i got a lot of reactions and views so thanks guys.

USAPatriot

GTA out of the US doesn't sound that fun.  Much of the world isn't up to par on world politics outside of the the US. The parodying and jokes of say a European country  or for some reason South America would be lost to the majority of the population.  Especially in non-English speaking countries.  The United States is the safest and best bet to satire and parody, and the easiest way to ensure the bulk of your buyers will be happy, since most are from the North American continent and/or English speakers.

Aquamaniac

Sure, depends on the location, some countries would work, others not. Japan e.g. has too less crime to work and even the possession of swords is regulated there - so no Ammu Nation; France would well work I think, Northern Ireland would also be interesting. Also I doubt that worldwide most copies are sold in the US, think of China or the EU. I think the average Chinese cares little whether the game is set in Paris or New York.

Lusis

They should turn it around by having an American go to Russia to start a new life

VictorVance1239

I think the story needs to start out in the US (perhaps DC) where we take part in getting someone really powerful killed (The President) and have to flee the country for a while. 

Mister Pink
Posted (edited)

Of course, it would. Humans exist all over the planet and there is universal things that humans do that will always be understood universally. It might be harder for the US audience because generally speaking a lot of people in the US live in a bubble. That's not a criticism. Being from Europe I think we're exposed to different languages, cultures on a day to day basis than the average person in the US. 

And if you don't get local politics in a country like France or Italy, which I wouldn't either, you might actually learn something new. You don't have to know everything about a place to enjoy it in a game. That's part of the fun. A politician getting caught with his pants down, being blackmailed by local mafia or something is hardly US-specific. That can happen anywhere and we it could be funny or provide good drama. It's not rocket science. Do you think kids from Europe playing Vice City or GTA IV knew all the politics and local issues and stereotypes in a GTA? f*ck no. But you learn it and you laugh. Why is the Simpsons translated in to so many languages? Because the stories are universal. People are smarter and more perceptive than you think. 

If you need your GTA to be "safe" and predictable then I think GTA is wasted on you. 

Edited by Mister Pink

Official General
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, Aquamaniac said:

Sure, depends on the location, some countries would work, others not. Japan e.g. has too less crime to work and even the possession of swords is regulated there - so no Ammu Nation; France would well work I think, Northern Ireland would also be interesting. Also I doubt that worldwide most copies are sold in the US, think of China or the EU. I think the average Chinese cares little whether the game is set in Paris or New York.

😂😂😂😂

LOOOOOL this guy said Northern Ireland ???? Thank GOD you don't work for Rockstar ha ha !! 

Mister Pink
3 hours ago, Official General said:

😂😂😂😂

LOOOOOL this guy said Northern Ireland ???? Thank GOD you don't work for Rockstar ha ha !! 

Instead of the big dramatic LOOOL and the snide remarks, why don't you offer constructive criticism or even any explanation of why his suggestion was laughable? Come on, your usually better that.