2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Am Shaegar

Killed OR Spared the Character(s)

Am Shaegar

If you were asked to share the names of the character(s) in the series throughout which you thought the game should have either Spared / Killed depending on the reasons you put forward, then exactly who are the likely picks of your choice?

Example:

In GTA, Character X actually dies (could be an antagonist, or any character, including side characters) but you thought...hmm.. doesn't make sense, shouldn't be killed or died but actually spared, OR vice versa, for reasons you have to mention in the comments section below!

Starting the topic, I didn't like that the Valet in the mission 555 We Tip has to die to get a uniform. Rockstar should have introduced either a stealth take down option of knocking him unconscious, or make the uniform accessible in other way that doesn't require CJ to kill someone to obtain one.

If the game had offered me an option to kill a character then I would have certainly picked OG LoC. 

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

GTA SA:

Should Be KILLED:

OG LOC:No explanation needed. 

Should be SPARED:

Ryder:unfortunately,the voice actor's problem with R* left them no choice but to cut him off but the most logical thing would be, carl persuading him to join him later in the story. 

GTA IV:

Should be SPARED:

Kate McReary:it's totally understandable that Roman dies in the deal ending. Dimitri Betrayal(again) is unexpected. However in the revenge ending, it's clear that pegorino would come for revenge but niko seems to completely forget that he exists and is pissed. Besides that, killing a character they explored so little compared to Roman seems forced. It's like they desperately wanted to find someone to kill regardless of your choice. 

GTA V:

Should be KILLED:

Karen Daniels:it was understandable that Niko wasn't in the position to kill her in IV but there was no other reason to bring her back in V other than finally killing her like Rocco which didn't happen. 

Martin Madrazo:Should have been a great antagonist. He turning into a pussy was unrealistic.  

Edited by TheSantader25

Crossbones

I'd like to spare Ryder, 'cause he is one of my favorite character in San Andreas. Replace his betrayal role by B Dup, because he is very underused along with Big Bear.

ThatBenGuy

GTA IV/EFLC:

Should be KILLED:

Mori Kibbutz: An unbearable asshole to Brucie and he also thinks he owns Tony Prince and Luis Fernando Lopez. Who the f*ck does he think he is?!

Should be SPARED:

Mikhail Faustin: It turns out that he was right about Dimitri all along. It would’ve been nice to have him become Niko’s friend and at the end, aid him in taking down Dimitri Rascalov and Jimmy Pegorino.

GTA V:

Should be KILLED:

Tonya: For being so annoying that she makes the Annoying Orange look tolerable by comparison. In fact, the last time I looked the word up in the dictionary, there was no definition, just a picture of her.

Should be SPARED:

Johnny Klebitz, Clay Simons, and Terry Thorpe, three Lost MC bikers who were killed off solely for shock value. I understand that GTA and other R* games are supposed to have shock value in them in order to make them rather “racy” per se but themes that are nothing but that are not racy sorta like how a horror movie that’s nothing but jump scares isn’t scary, it’s just annoying and repetitive.

TheSantader25

Haha. Man I just can't complain about f*cking up Lost MC can I?best part of V for me. The only thing I demand from that part is an actual Boss Fight with Johnny rather than killing him in a cutscene. I always like to kill people MYSELF in video games. 

Johnny Spaz
7 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

GTA SA:

Should Be KILLED:

Should be SPARED:

Ryder:unfortunately,the voice actor's problem with R* left them no choice but to cut him off but the most logical thing would be, carl persuading him to join him later in the story

Wait, what problems did MC Eiht have with R*? 

OT: 

GTA III: 

Spared: Donald Love, Donald Love's disappearance was odd, sure he was a cannibalistic prick, but he's been in multiple GTA's and was a likeable character. 

Killed: No one, everyone had their destiny well written, maybe Phil Cassidy for sh*ts and giggles

GTA VC

Spared: Hilary King, despite his death being hilarious he could've been fleshed out more

Killed: Rosenberg, dipsh*t annoying junkie never really liked him

GTA SA

Spared: Jimmy Hernandez, sadly his demise was only a matter of time due to his affiliation with CRASH, just a innocent guy caught up in some BS

Killed: Catalina, I know she had plot armor due to her appearance in III but man, CJ shouldn't've taken any sh*t by that psycho bitch

GTA LCS

Spared: JD O'Toole, just a poor far guy trying to get made

Killed: all the annoying people die

VCS 

Spared: Louise Cassidy-Williams, her dying was an oddly tragic event in a GTA game, her baby daughter was left without a mother and Vic was left heartbroken

IV/EFLC

Spared: Jim Fitzgerald, Ray was a scumbag and deserved to get hustled

Killed: Mori the tiny orange turd, seriously... f*ck him

V: trash game... Don't consider it a real GTA

Penguin Bob
39 minutes ago, Johnny Spaz said:

V: trash game... Don't consider it a real GTA

So what are you saying? Should all of the characters be killed in the game?

Johnny Spaz

I don't care really... So yeah I guess

Algonquin Assassin

San Andreas:

Should be killed: CJ then replaced with Cesar.

Should be spared: Johnny Sindacco. 

GTA V.

Should be killed: Trevor. I know there's already an ending where we can kill him, but it would be more comforting if there was no possible way he could ever come back in a furture GTA. I would've preferred the other two endings being scrapped altogether and "Something Sensible" be the true ending.

Should be spared: Johnny, the rest of The Lost and other unnecessary GTA IV/EFLC character deaths.

Am Shaegar

SPARED

Homophobic bully, The Hater - I did not like how IV failed to offer an option to spare him. Clearly, the writers did not put through enough thought on how to progress the story forward and came up with this pointless mission of killing a man for no justification. Even a kid would realise from the conversations that he never intended to kill Bernie. The poor man even realises that he's going through problems and what he was doing to Bernie was not right.

Homophobe: They're not meant to fight back. It's me. I'm the problem. My daddy never loved me. I'm sorry, I just see him running and I need to grab him and just. sh*t man. I didn't mean nothing by it. 

KILLED

After the above experience I really had an urge to kill Niko instead of the bully. I would certainly prefer an option to switch to another character at this point of the story, as if the game had featured multiple protagonists just like V.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

@Algonquin Assassin

Man you really don't like CJ and Trevor to the point of killing huh? Wow this is weird. 

I hate Johnny but even if they didn't implement his death, I wouldn't care. It was their decision and I enjoyed it but not like 'They had to do it'. 

Anyways whatever. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Spaz said:

Wait, what problems did MC Eiht have with R*? 

There is evidence in the game itself. While we don't know what happened between them, we know they HAD problems. 

In the mission pier 69 Ryder doesn't even get a proper death dialogue like the other antagonists. The only thing he says is:Can't Stop Me! 

Which is a reused line from the initial missions in LS. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Johnny Spaz
8 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

SPARED

Homophobic bully, The Hater - I did not like how IV failed to offer an option to spare him. Clearly, the writers did not put through enough thought on how to progress the story forward and came up with this pointless mission of killing a man for no justification. Even a kid would realise from the conversations that he never intended to kill Bernie. The poor man even realises that he's going through problems and what he was doing to Bernie was not right.

Homophobe: They're not meant to fight back. It's me. I'm the problem. My daddy never loved me. I'm sorry, I just see him running and I need to grab him and just. sh*t man. I didn't mean nothing by it. 

-snip-

All bullies deserve being murdered, R* did good imho. 

IceDree

killed:

OG Loc.

B Dub.

Yusif Amir.

Grace Ancelotti.

Mori Kibbutz.

Trevor's sidekick, Ron.

Jimmy De Santa.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

Jeansowaty
Posted (edited)

Spared:

Luca Silvestri in GTA IV. - I did not really see a reason to kill the guy. He even wanted to give up the diamonds just so you can spare him.

Asuka Kasen in GTA III. - Her death didn't bring anything meaningful. She could have just as well just told Claude that Maria was kidnapped.

Molly Schultz in GTA V. - That Legal Trouble mission was a complete mess. You got absolutely no reason to do it, and that idiot Solomon tells you he still has copies of the reel...

Killed:

OG Loc, Karen Daniels, Jack Parkinson in GTA London 1969, Donald Love

Edited by Jeansowaty

Algonquin Assassin
21 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

@Algonquin Assassin

Man you really don't like CJ and Trevor to the point of killing huh? Wow this is weird. 

How is it any weirder than you wishing there was a boss fight with Johnny so you could kill him yourself or the Osho sibling wanting to kill Niko for killing some homophobe?

Clearly I don't like CJ and Trevor and I have my reasons, but nope. Nothing weird about it.

Penguin Bob
23 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

San Andreas:

Should be killed: CJ then replaced with Cesar.

Whoa! Although Cesar would do better as a protagonist in SA but don't you think killing CJ would be going a bit too far?

Am Shaegar
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

or wanting to kill Niko for killing some homophobe?

Because you mentioned about killing CJ first. Don't blame me. 

@ topic 

KILLED

Bulgarin -Yes, I know about his role in TBOGT but I felt like he would have been awesome in IV as an antagonist to deal in the end. Sure, the story will certainly require a rework but Bulgarin seems like a better choice over Dimitri for IV

Edited by Am Shaegar

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

How is it any weirder than you wishing there was a boss fight with Johnny so you could kill him yourself or the Osho sibling wanting to kill Niko for killing some homophobe?

Clearly I don't like CJ and Trevor and I have my reasons, but nope. Nothing weird about it.

R* wanted to kill Johnny and I enjoyed it. But if it wasn't in the game there wouldn't be a problem for me. Now that it is in the game it would be better to kill him in boss fight instead of a cutscene. Even you yourself said numerous times that R* missed a chance to place Johnny as an antagonist for Trevor. 

Trevor already has a death ending yet you want to take away the chance for people who like him to play as him. We always say 'yeah that's my opinion' but this thread is different. In this thread it isn't just about you. You will change other people's game as well. So if you want any killed or spared characters, you better come up with reasons instead of completely going insane and killing everyone you don't like. The OP clearly made a good example. In this thread, we talk about characters that doesn't make sense for them to live or die.

Imagine if the KILL TREVOR ending was the only one. Then you guys had another reason to dump the game. A game that has a 2 minute finale and the antagonist wouldn't even die. This is INSANITY. 

I'm not gonna start with your KILL CJ opinion which is even MORE WEIRD. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Algonquin Assassin
1 hour ago, Am Shaegar said:

Because you mentioned about killing CJ first. Don't blame me. 

So your entire post was just relaliation because I mentioned killing your favourite protagonist? Grow up you child.

TheSantader25.

Don't take things so seriously  This thread is only hypothetical after all and besides you don't seem to have a problem with the Osho sibling suggesting Niko should've been killed after killing the homophobe (thus robbing the opportunity for those who like playing as him to continue right?).

I could've said Trevor should've been killed in the first 5 minutes he was in game, but even that would be a bit too extreme. Naturally in threads like this people are going to level their thoughts at the characters they like/dislike regardless if it makes sense or not. You're only taking an issue with it because it's directed towards the characters you like. Nothing more.

TheSantader25
5 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

So your entire post was just relaliation because I mentioned killing your favourite protagonist? Grow up you child.

TheSantader25.

Don't take things so seriously  This thread is only hypothetical after all and besides you don't seem to have a problem with the Osho sibling suggesting Niko should've been killed after killing the homophobe (thus robbing the opportunity for those who like playing as him to continue right?).

I could've said Trevor should've been killed in the first 5 minutes he was in game, but even that would be a bit too extreme. Naturally in threads like this people are going to level their thoughts at the characters they like/dislike regardless if it makes sense or not. You're only taking an issue with it because it's directed towards the characters you like. Nothing more.

Dude it's one of those days with you isn't it? 

You talk about growing up and stop being a child while you like to take out protagonists you don't like just like a spoiled child. 

I mentioned the people who should be killed or spared and I brought valid reasons why it doesn't make sense for them to survive or die. 

RetroMystic
On 7/15/2018 at 1:13 AM, TheSantader25 said:

GTA SA:

Should Be KILLED:

An explanation is needed actually, OG Loc in CJ's (and everyone else's) eyes was that he was a "perpetrator" and nothing more than a mediocre rapper. He was a long time friend of the Grove and never actually betrayed CJ, the sole reason he even went after Jeffery was because of Madd Dogg. It's not Locs fault he was roped into Big Smokes bullsh*t, it's not as if he ever pushed drugs, attempted to have CJ killed and likely never even knew that Smoke and Ryder were responsible for the Grove going to sh*t, so justifying killing him in my eyes is extremely difficult. 

Algonquin Assassin
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Dude it's one of those days with you isn't it? 

You talk about growing up and stop being a child while you like to take out protagonists you don't like just like a spoiled child. 

I mentioned the people who should be killed or spared and I brought valid reasons why it doesn't make sense for them to survive or die. 

Well good for you I guess?

If my post comprised of other characters I don't like you would simply not give a sh*t so who's really being a spoiled child here? Certainly not me. For someone who enjoys seeing Johnny get killed I would think you'd have some thicker skin quite frankly.

Am Shaegar
5 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

So your entire post was just relaliation because I mentioned killing your favourite protagonist?

No. I am pointing out that before dragging my name into this, you should obeserve the order of the postings first. You are acting like I provoked you to write about killing CJ based on my reasons for killing Niko.

Grow up you child

And you need to watch out your words. If you dislike something then go ahead and express your opinion. Why are you dragging my name and using my post to prove your point. So yeah, I don't think I am the one who needs to grow up.

@ topic

SPARED

Ryder - Self Explanatory

Algonquin Assassin
2 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

No. I am pointing out that before dragging my name into this, you should obeserve the order of the postings first. You are acting like I provoked you to write about killing CJ based on my reasons for killing Niko.

I have observed the order of the posts. My post came directly BEFORE yours so how can I act like you provoked me into writing about killing CJ? I don't have telepathic powers and can tell what someone's going to type hours later, but it's pretty obvious you only wrote your post out relaliation to mine since you even admit it yourself.

Your point would only make sense if you wrote it orginally so maybe YOU need to be observing the order of the posts first.

Am Shaegar
Just now, Algonquin Assassin said:

Its pretty obvious you only wrote your post out relaliation to mine since you even admit it yourself.

So, you want me to wait for someone to post first before I share my opinion?

I am writing based on the responses to the topic so far. I don't give any "special" importance to your post because my reasons are well detailed and backed by an example. You are the one who paid attention to what I wrote and by using my post to prove your point. 

What you are saying would have been true only if I had mentioned about simply killing Niko without any explanation. Just like you mentioned about Cesar in this topic direcy after my post. 

So, if I apply your logic then should I also assume that you wrote out of relaliation to my post because it comes directly after mine?

TheSadisticOwl
Posted (edited)

Things were getting a little wild in Am Shaegar's thread.

As for myself.

GTA SA:

KILL: Kendl.

Absolute zero contribution to the story besides constant nagging and so forgettable that Rockstar didn't even bother making a ped model for her. Every line I remember from Kendl was pretty much shouted out by her voice actress. Even if she acts like CJ's mentor, she's annoying and literally everything she says could've been figured out by CJ himself or said by Cesar. She should've been killed by Pulaski in order to fuel CJ's rage against him even further.

SPARE: Jimmy Hernandez. 

Only respectable member of C.R.A.S.H and one of the few good cops in the GTA series. Very little screentime, literally talks only once in the whole game (excluding The Introduction) and seriously, so much potential could've been put into making him maybe even an ally of CJ. Imagine if he survived the encounter with Pulaski and then teamed up with CJ to hunt him down and later re-appeared during the chase after Tenpenny, maybe ramming his firetruck off the bridge to help CJ and Sweet out? It'd be absolutely f*cking badass.

GTA IV:

KILL: Gracie Ancelotti.

Annoying bitch from start to end. Couldn't stand a single second with her on-screen. She should've been shot dead by the thug sent by Bulgarin that ambushes her, Tony and Luis in the cutscene after the transaction or at the very least during her random encounter with Niko.

SPARE: Eddie Low.

Eddie is a perverted sicko and the only reason why I think him surviving the encounter with Niko would be sweet is because it'd just amp up the creepyness about him. I like how if you fail to kill him, the game displays a message saying "Eddie Low is still out there...waiting".

Now, imagine if Niko did manage to "kill" Eddie Low, but after his death, you're displayed with a cutscene of Niko walking away from his corpse, only for him to hear shuffling behind him and then somebody running off. Niko turns around and Eddie's corpse just vanishes. Would've loved that, because it'd certainly make the game's atmosphere much more darker and creepier, as well as make fans begin theorizing about him like how they do with Ratman.

SPARE: Katie McReary.

Really stupid move of Rockstar for trying to force her as a girlfriend for Niko. The whole relationship between them is awkward and forced, it needed so much more development rather than apparent just constant friendzoning for Kate. I feel like she was added at the last second because Dan Houser couldn't find enough of a proper punishment for the Revenge choice. She should've been spared and replaced with someone whose death would've had a bigger impact, like Little Jacob. LJ could've died trying to protect them from Pegorino's bullets. Would've been very honourable and much more impactful.

GTA V:

KILL: Denise Johnson.

Weak character, constant nagging, zero contribution to the storyline. Would've been interesting if after Franklin moves to Vinewood Hills, his old house is burned down by Stretch and Denise dies in the house fire. Would've made Stretch a miles more interesting villain than he is now.

SPARE: Molly.

Unecessary death added in just for shock. All her death did was make me hate Solomon Richards for not telling Michael that he had extra copies of the film. The whole chase through the airport is badass and nicely done, but damn, after it's revealed it was all unecessary, it just feels souless.

Edited by TheSadisticOwl
voice ACTRESS*

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Well good for you I guess?

If my post comprised of other characters I don't like you would simply not give a sh*t so who's really being a spoiled child here? Certainly not me. For someone who enjoys seeing Johnny get killed I would think you'd have some thicker skin quite frankly.

Yes I enjoyed Johnny's death like I enjoyed any biker death in the series . But his death has reasons. Unlike CJ which makes no sense for him to die. Johnny messed with the wrong guy while being a drug addict.  He was weakened and his death makes sense. But I don't understand how can Carl die. 

1 hour ago, RetroMystic said:

An explanation is needed actually, OG Loc in CJ's (and everyone else's) eyes was that he was a "perpetrator" and nothing more than a mediocre rapper. He was a long time friend of the Grove and never actually betrayed CJ, the sole reason he even went after Jeffery was because of Madd Dogg. It's not Locs fault he was roped into Big Smokes bullsh*t, it's not as if he ever pushed drugs, attempted to have CJ killed and likely never even knew that Smoke and Ryder were responsible for the Grove going to sh*t, so justifying killing him in my eyes is extremely difficult. 

Here's your explanation. 

He was a part of Big Smoke's money making business. The money he made was definitely used by big smoke for his drug trafficking operation. Not to mention he made CJ kill 2 innocent managers and steal a rapper's legit rhyme book that sent him near suicide. It would make sense to kill him. Before end of the line to weaken Big Smoke's Operations however Madd dogg taking his place did the job too. However he was a selfish c*nt who killed and robbed to make his way in the career he had no talent in. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Algonquin Assassin
36 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

So, you want me to wait for someone to post first before I share my opinion?

I am writing based on the responses to the topic so far. I don't give any "special" importance to your post because my reasons are well detailed and backed by an example. You are the one who paid attention to what I wrote and by using my post to prove your point. 

What you are saying would have been true only if I had mentioned about simply killing Niko without any explanation. Just like you mentioned about Cesar in this topic direcy after my post. 

So, if I apply your logic then should I also assume that you wrote out of relaliation to my post because it comes directly after mine?

The point here isn't whether my post occured before yours or whether you should wait before posting your opinions it's to do with the fact you ADMITTED that you only made your post in response to mine so don't give me that "special importance" bullsh*t. To put it simply if I never posted you wouldn't have posted either otherwise you would've made your point in the OP.

As for my post about Cesar "assume" all you like. I still had every intention of posting in thread whether you posted or not. The only post from that thread I directly refer to you is the one about Roman. Just because I posted after you it doesn't mean I was retaliating to you. All you have is weak assumptions.

Am Shaegar
13 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

But his death has reasons. Unlike CJ which makes no sense for him to die. Johnny messed with the wrong guy while being a drug addict.  He was weakened and his death makes sense. But I don't understand how can Carl die. 

Also, I only said that I had "an urge" to kill Niko but since he's the protagonist of the game, I would have preferred an option to "switch" to another character at that point in the story, instead of killing him outright. He clearly derails the thread by posting about the death of a character that makes no sense, and at the same time, offers no explanation when asked to provide the reasons. Instead talks in a rude manner, dragging my post to prove his point while not reading properly to what exactly I wrote regarding Niko. I wanted to correct him earlier but I didn't want to enter in an argument with him because I still respect his opinion regarding CJ and I have no issues with his choice, except that it'd have been better for us to understand if he had shared a few lines explaining the reasons for picking CJ.

@ topic 

SPARED:

sh*t, how come nobody mentioned the foreman getting killed in the mission The Deconstruction? :lol:

Algonquin Assassin
8 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

Also, I only said that I had "an urge" to kill Niko but since he's the protagonist of the game, I would have preferred an option to "switch" to another character at that point in the story, instead of killing him outright. He clearly derails the thread by posting about the death of a character that makes no sense, and at the same time, offers no explanation when asked to provide the reasons. Instead talks in a rude manner, dragging my post to prove his point while not reading properly to what exactly I wrote regarding Niko. I wanted to correct him earlier but I didn't want to enter in an argument with him because I still respect his opinion regarding CJ and I have no issues with his choice, except that it'd have been better for us to understand if he had shared a few lines explaining the reasons for picking CJ.

I really find that hard to believe. The entire you've been on this forum I've never gotten a sense you respect my opinions at all  Especially anything to do with San Andreas' story so even if I wrote an essay you would still say it makes "no sense".

But if it's so important then fine. I would've had CJ killed at the end of "The Green Sabre" so it would've cut out the coutryside/desert crap and switching over to Cesar and allow more focus on LS gang culture.