1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Most Rewritable GTA

Most Rewritable GTA  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which GTA would you rewrite within this site’s Writer’s Discussion?

• Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • The Lost and Damned
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony

On 1/8/2021 at 4:39 AM, FanEu7 said:

True, they are great but the main part of the countryside arc is Catalina and her personality is annoying ah hell. I don't like how CJ acts like a pussy here

Catalina personality was annoying but that's her character to be annoying.

And like what you said that part was CJ's lowest point and the only way for him to make money was to work with Catalina so he had to stand her and please her when Cesar told him about the street races he left  her and never returned

Edited by DR:BUSTA

To develop about Vice City, if I could rewrite it

I would more explanations about Sonny taking so long to pay a visit to Tommy. Sonny would have to fight against other gangs and Tommy would discreetly work for them by robbing some persons or killing some others.

I would add more explanations about the reason why Tommy can only buy companies after eliminating Diaz. Initially Tommy would be involved in Avery Carrington's fraudulent activities and complete some missions to become the only owner.

I would add immersion-friendly elements about the things Tommy does for some assets. For example some cops who work for a powerful crime lord and made him lose a lot of money would blackmail Tommy so he pays the pizzo with the Malibu' revenues and Tommy would learn the corrupt cops hide their bribes as well as compromising elements in the bank.

There are many things to add in a rewritten GTA Vice City.

Edited by Evil empire
  • Like 2

TBOGT needs lots of rewriting. There are way too many annoying cartoony characters (f*ck Mori especially) in this game and almost every mission is just ridiculous for the sake of it. Luis is so bland and has no character focus, he seems completely unfazed by everything that happens and acts the same in every mission

Ray Bulgarin was completely ruined as well and became a joke. Gay Tony is the only character with some depth at least 

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

LOL at the guy who claims San Andreas had any sort of "majick" to begin with. 😆 You San Andreas fanboys are so funny. 🤣

Vice City and GTA V could've used more in it's plot.

If I were to write a remake of Vice City the cartel would play a much bigger role outside of Diaz's strand of missions. Before I expound on that, I'll start with a prologue in the 70's where we play as Tommy in the "Harwood Butcher" incident, a typical linear mission, North Yankton intro-esque and then Vice City's introduction starts as it is originally. After Diaz is killed, his allies in his home country that provides him with product will come down to Vice City making Tommy a dead man walking basically. Tommy would then phone Sonny about his predicament and ask for some backup sent down to Vice which Sonny bluntly refuses and blames him for being idiotic, basically telling him to get himself out of it, it'd be an uphill battle for power to Tommy vs The Cartel. 

Also for believability purposes the story would span over 3-4 years instead of just 1 in the original. 

Edited by rjmthe2nd
  • Like 2

The 3D era games for sure, with GTA III being the most rewritable one (I mean, the protagonist is voiceless). 

It's not that they are bad written, but they surely don't have the same level of quality when compared to the HD era. It was a different time, with a differenu mentality and less resources. Games were more about the gameplay than the narrative.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, LloydGTA3 said:

LOL at the guy who claims San Andreas had any sort of "majick" to begin with. 😆 You San Andreas fanboys are so funny. 🤣

Oh why don't you put a sock in it?! San Andreas was a perfect game, and rewriting the storyline takes away all the wonderful majick the game offered us with! Rabid SA haters like you are just assholes! The storyline was almost perfect. All it had to do is get rid of Ryder and it would be the best storyline ever.

Definitely GTA V. Less FIB, more screentime for the antagonists, more missions for the protagonists, make Johnny K. an antagonist, etc.

3 hours ago, DK06282000 said:

All it had to do is get rid of Ryder and it would be the best storyline ever.

You really hate Ryder, don't you?

• Like 2
On 2/3/2021 at 9:47 PM, LloydGTA3 said:

It's called "opinions"

Something you probably never heard of

On 12/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, DR:BUSTA said:

LCS

By giving it an actual story

Or remove it's story.

Edited by OH76
  • KEKW 3

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas could have been much more consistent if there were 3 protagonists in that game.

3 hours ago, DK06282000 said:

Oh why don't you put a sock in it?! San Andreas was a perfect game, and rewriting the storyline takes away all the wonderful majick the game offered us with! Rabid SA haters like you are just assholes! The storyline was almost perfect. All it had to do is get rid of Ryder and it would be the best storyline ever.

How's your cousin?

• KEKW 3
10 hours ago, DK06282000 said:

Another butthurt SA fanboy who likes to attack others all because they don't praise the game like it's a gift from heaven. You're just making me laugh even harder. 😅

7 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

It's called "opinions"

Something you probably never heard of

Oh I heard of it. I just enjoy mocking these SA fanboys who believe everything about the game is perfect and then start getting butthurt when they read a comment about wanting to improve the storyline and is quick to protest that the storyline is perfect, because to them, it's blasphemous to rewrite the storyline and change anything to it at all. I just find that hilarious as f*ck! 🤣

Edited by LloydGTA3
36 minutes ago, LloydGTA3 said:

Oh I heard of it. I just enjoy mocking these SA fanboys who believe everything about the game is perfect and then start getting butthurt when they read a comment about wanting to improve the storyline and is quick to protest that the storyline is perfect, because to them, it's blasphemous to rewrite the storyline and change anything to it at all. I just find that hilarious as f*ck! 🤣

That's literally the fanbase of every single GTA game

for me what would I change about SA story would be changing some small details like CJ burying a man for calling his sister a hooker into something like trying to rape her or something and then making fun of CJ I would make events like that more realistic and less random BS

anyways some people are just dumb when it comes to rewriting SA like wanting to turn it into a completely different thing because they never bothered to give a sh*t about the story because they watch most of the cutscenes on youtube without context

Honestly SA's story is not even that bad. It's not perfect, but at least it has some qualities that make it a good story, in my opinion.

@DR:BUSTA There are some other stuff too; make Ryder an ally instead of an underdeveloped traitor, and make RtLS (Return to Los Santos) a bit longer. But that's everything coming to my mind about it.

Edited by OH76
1 minute ago, OH76 said:

Honestly SA's story is perfect, in my opinion.

Your opinion is totally right 💯💯

4 minutes ago, OH76 said:

DR:BUSTA There are some other stuff too; make Ryder an ally instead of an underdeveloped traitor, and make RtLS (Return to Los Santos) a bit longer. But that's everything coming to my mind about it.

I think Ryder should be a traitor since it's very iconic now and because he had his reasons to betray the Grove 

Just making it more realistic and making CJ cut his ties with him after "robbing uncle sam"

And for Return to Los Santos 

I just want more big bear , sweet , CJ and probably Cesar too working together in a similar way to the original four homies 

• YEE 1
8 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Your opinion is totally right 💯💯

I think Ryder should be a traitor since it's very iconic now and because he had his reasons to betray the Grove 

Just making it more realistic and making CJ cut his ties with him after "robbing uncle sam"

And for Return to Los Santos 

I just want more big bear , sweet , CJ and probably Cesar too working together in a similar way to the original four homies 

Ryder wasn't even meant to betray the Grove lol.

I agree about Big Bear - He should have appeared more in the game. He had potential.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, OH76 said:

Ryder wasn't even meant to betray the Grove lol.

I agree about Big Bear - He should have appeared more in the game. He had potential.

Yeah but he still had his reasons and worked well with being a traitor

But it's just that his death was lame and he wasn't mentioned during the green sabre cutscene

On 3/28/2021 at 2:56 AM, OH76 said:

Definitely GTA V. Less FIB, more screentime for the antagonists, more missions for the protagonists, make Johnny K. an antagonist, etc.

You really hate Ryder, don't you?

I just don't understand how anyone could like a trash-talking, dust-smoking, nasal-voiced light-skinned asshole like Ryder after how cruelly he is towards CJ every time he appears. I can't believe there are people who actually like that character. Not to mention he was unimportant to begin with and had no point even being in the story to begin with. So the storyline would have been much better had it been just CJ, Sweet, and Big Smoke, because they're all great characters who are memorable and actually played excellent roles while Ryder is forgotten and had no place in the story at all.

MiamiViceCity1986
On 3/29/2021 at 11:55 PM, OH76 said:

Honestly SA's story is not even that bad. It's not perfect, but at least it has some qualities that make it a good story, in my opinion.

To be honest I feel bad when looking back at some of my older posts and I used to take a crap on San Andreas' story from a great height. Truthfully it's fine for what it is. If not a bit silly during the middle portion, but meh. It was the mid 2000s. Times were different.

• Like 2

Why isn't LCS included in the poll? That game has some really awesome gameplay, and it could do well with a good plotline. I was thinking about making a rewrite concept thread for LCS lately, but nah, it's a long shot.

MegaSean45

GTA 3, for sure. There was barely any story. 

But then again, GTA 4 was probably the remake it needed.