3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Most Rewritable GTA

Most Rewritable GTA  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which GTA would you rewrite within this site’s Writer’s Discussion?

• Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • The Lost and Damned
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony

19 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

After destroying Madrazo's house mission, the story should have made Michael and Franklin work for his cartel, subsequently getting rid of the FBI storyline completely and establishing cartels and drug wars as one the main themes of the game along with heists.

I couldn’t have put it any better myself. They could even have it where Lamar is somehow pulled into the whole thing and Michael acts as a mentor towards both Franklin and Lamar. That way, they could make Wei Cheng, Stretch, and even Johnny Klebitz have much larger roles as antagonists. Heck! Trevor Philips might even be an antagonist as well and he hears that Michael is still alive because he’s working with the Madrazo Cartel (an enemy drug trafficker) when he was supposed to be dead years ago. Therefore, he’s REALLY upset with Michael. Devin Weston might be able to be an antagonist too. However, he’s in it as some sort of businessman connected to Martin Madrazo. I’ll have to think that one through. Steve Haines might also be able to be kept but never as someone Michael and Franklin work for. Just an FBI agent who is a minor antagonist trying to take down Martin Madrazo. There’s literally SO many things that could be done with that! They might even be able to add some characters and gangs in there. Nonetheless, Martin Madrazo will still be the final boss.

17 hours ago, ThatBenGuy said:

I couldn’t have put it any better myself. They could even have it where Lamar is somehow pulled into the whole thing and Michael acts as a mentor towards both Franklin and Lamar. That way, they could make Wei Cheng, Stretch, and even Johnny Klebitz have much larger roles as antagonists. Heck! Trevor Philips might even be an antagonist as well and he hears that Michael is still alive because he’s working with the Madrazo Cartel (an enemy drug trafficker) when he was supposed to be dead years ago. Therefore, he’s REALLY upset with Michael. Devin Weston might be able to be an antagonist too. However, he’s in it as some sort of businessman connected to Martin Madrazo. I’ll have to think that one through. Steve Haines might also be able to be kept but never as someone Michael and Franklin work for. Just an FBI agent who is a minor antagonist trying to take down Martin Madrazo. There’s literally SO many things that could be done with that! They might even be able to add some characters and gangs in there. Nonetheless, Martin Madrazo will still be the final boss.

I once read a cool idea to turn the story around and make Trevor be the main antagonist and a player at the same time. You get to see two sides of the whole debacle - Michael being a traitorous asshole, Trevor being a loyal, but completely psychotic asshole. You switch between the two and you end up having two endings where one kills the other. Franklin would be degraded to a spectator/mediator role in this. That's one of many rewrites I could suggest for V.

• Like 9
15 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

I once read a cool idea to turn the story around and make Trevor be the main antagonist and a player at the same time. You get to see two sides of the whole debacle - Michael being a traitorous asshole, Trevor being a loyal, but completely psychotic asshole. You switch between the two and you end up having two endings where one kills the other. Franklin would be degraded to a spectator/mediator role in this. That's one of many rewrites I could suggest for V.

That would be perfect. NGL. BTW, it could also be where Michael and Trevor never really work together in any post-prologue cases but you can still play as both.

Edited by ThatBenGuy
  • Like 6
On 12/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, Jeansowaty said:

honestly they could have just cut franklin out entirely tbh, and have the story be focused on just trevor and michael. imo he doesn't add value to the story at all.

rather than be a second rate heat with unfunny satirical elements they could have done a more original and gritty socal style cat and mouse thriller that doesnt feel too derivative of movies and tv shows that have been done before. south central and east ls could be more of a backdrop for like drug missions from madrazo or something since its such a small and underused area in the game.

i really hate the fib angle in V as well. it kinda feels forced in with dave babysitting michael and mysteriously funneling huge loads of cash into witness protection and with them acting like assholes towards the protagonists and pitting them into ridiculous 'heists' (which feel more like missions you'd see in black ops, except you don't get paid for it), just because they can. honestly, the story would be much more interesting if michael was still a fugitive living in ls with his family under assumed names with the spotlight on the cartel.

Edited by DownInThePMs
On 2/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, TrinityCR said:

I’d have to say GTA5. I agree with a lot of people that it focused to much on the FIB, government angle and that Franklin was massively under developed but I think one of the biggest things wrong with the story is it not really utilizing the LS setting as well as GTA4 did with Liberty City. 4 was a story of an immigrant trying to find the American dream amongst a cast of diverse characters. Liberty City like New York is a gate way for immigration into the US and is an incredibly diverse and extremely recognizable location. The presence of things like Wall Street and the Statue of Liberty (and their GTA recreations) only help strengthen this idea of the American dream even more. Everything services the story however I feel like 5 doesn’t focus on its setting anywhere near enough to remain consistent.

The real life Los Angeles is known for many things, movies, street gangs and to a lesser extent drug cartels. Now granted most of these are covered to some extent in GTA5 however I think Rockstar should have gone further. All 3 characters already interact with these elements which are indeed perfect for who they are, but instead of getting a meaningful exploration of each of these elements we divulge into things not often associated with LA, i.e. extra judicial justice, torture and black ops. They story doesn’t match what the characters want or the setting they are in. How would I re-write 5? Well I don’t want this to be a massive wall of text so I’ll be simple.

Michael should start the game as an aspiring but older ex-crim who is actively trying to get into the movie business rather than lounging around. Eventually he makes connections to Solomon Richards and they begin working on movie projects together. For most of the first act of Michael’s story I would actually keep away from overt criminal activity and focus instead on “mundane”, real movie making style missions to create a contrast for later on. We see how films are made, how actors are treated and the drama of back stage management all up until the end of Michael’s act one. Here after Michael is invited to a get together of big Vinewood talent and stars by Devin Weston (who he would have met earlier in act one) however he soon finds himself in the deep underside of Vinewood, introduced to a side he - as a family man is uncomfortable about. While here though he is introduced to the games main antagonist Martin Madrazo, the multi millionaire king pin of a massive cartel which manipulates all aspects of life in LS.

I’d have this be the big controversial aspect of GTA5 and while I know the whole Polanski, Epstein thing wasn’t relevant in 2013 everyone knew how bad Hollywood is. I’d push boundaries here and maybe for the first time make children relevant to a GTA story. As someone who isn’t completely irredeemable Michael wants no part of this elite club much to the anger of Martin and co.

Franklin’s story would be focused on the old glory days of gang land LS. He and Lamar should be riding to live up to the cultural image of young black men in LS. They see that history as something to be proud of, something that was taken away and use gang warfare as a means of fulfillment as minorities. Here we’re going full on stereotypical gang banger, drive bys, low riders. We’ll bring back gang turfs and tagging. I’d have Franklin's act one feel super old school and purposefully out of date. This is until the end of act one where he and Lamar would interrupt a deal between Martins cartel and the Balas. The pair are capture and here we get a version of Trevor’s torture scene however now its Lamar being tortured by Martin. While Frank and Lamar are rescued by fellow Families members Lamar would be left permanently crippled and their gang with a price on its head.

Trevor should have focused more on empire building with TPI in Blaine County. His rivalry with Ortega should be set up as the main focus of his act one utilizing something similar to what exists in GTA Online. Smuggling, weapons running, setting up different types of drug farms, running and managing an actual criminal business. This is until Martins cartel steals an important deal with Cheng from TPI and burns down one of his factories.

At the end of act one all three characters have a personal reason to hate Martin and so all 3, at the start of act two would head to where they think Martin is at to get revenge. They all coincidentally meet each other at Martins stilt house in the hills and after a fight with cartel members the house comes down. Now Martin is out for blood and the 3 must team up to survive and put an end to Martins strangle hold on LS. They would soon be contacted by Lester, an old friend of Michael’s and a criminally inclined hacktevist who can help organise the trio for their coming trials.

While this idea has only gone so far I like it as think it fits the idea of LS much more. We start with a romanticized view of Los Santos, the glitz and glamour of the movie business, the history of gangland America and the prospects of starting a successful company. Through the course of the story however all of this would be stripped away down to the dirt and blood below. It’s almost the opposite of GTA4. 4 opened with the grittiness and worked up to the class of the big city and mafia work. Here I would have reversed it, start in the dream and end in a nightmare. We also have a much stronger antagonist and while Michael and Trevor’s history is gone I think the dynamic of these 3 people brought together by un-winnable odds would lead to some great opportunities for character building.

Anyway if you’ve read this far thank you. I literally thought this idea up as I was writing it so it could definitely be better but I’m always open for criticism and feedback.  

Sorry to reply to something so long with something so short but, bravo 👍. Fantastic re-write.

Respect to the location is vital for the story. As you said, IV did this well and V just... failed. The lack of cartel input, the waste of MS (MB), the waste of Hispanic street gangs. My only hope for GTA VI (assuming it is VC/Project Americas) is that V's lack of Cartel/Hispanic criminal involvement gives VI much more scope to explore this. Its just a shame we had to wait 5 years for V and then a further (most likely) 9 for VI.

Edited by Patrizio
  • Like 8

Well, for me V is not only the most re-writable but the most re-madeable, starting for the wasted and small ghetto areas, whose gangs are useless. I mean, Vagos barely appear in the story and the Marabunta Grande just has some pressence at Trevor side-missions, we just see Ballas and Families for a few missions, this part of Franklin life is very poorly developed since he get out of the ghetto really soon. I'd made the city bigger featuring more gang turf, fitting Aztecas in LS with their own territory and not just randomly spawnning over a Vagos' hood, a real turf (LS Little Armenia version) for Armenians instead of that scrapyard... But, whatever.

The story is rewritable from the beginning, the prologue could be a bank robbery as well, but handled in a very different way, remove all the corrupt agent Norton stuff and do something more credible, I mean, What did Michael give to authorities? Trevor run away, Brad died and he didn't rat Lester, we don't hear about other crew members, so we have to suppose there weren't any others, then Davie just got the fame of gunning down the infamous bank robber Michael Townley... and the money, ok, but I still don't get what kind of witness program Mike was under -since he is not really a witness-, we are told that it isn't a totally legit operation, but it must be somebody else involved as Norton couldn't do it alone, but there are no details, this part is poorly written.

Anyway, getting back to the point, the beginning could be also a bank heist where all the features are introduced in the same way and even can be developed similar for Trevor, he escapes but Mike just get caught, Brad can live or die, it doesn't matter, then Michael faces a very long sentence far form his family, so he decide to cooperate and testify against serious people: money launders, stolen merch dealers and this kind of people he may know, aside of some other people who worked -Trevor included, but it doesn't matter too much as he escaped- with him in other big robberies which police or FIB are very interested to clarify. The prologue would may be less intense, reducing the body count and the shooting with the police in order to make it more coherent. What kind of witness protection can someone expect after taking down half of a little town Police Depatment? It hardly make sense, the shoot out can be left for Trevor as he is able to escape and doesn't matter how many cops he kills in the process.

Then Michael gets in the legit Witness Protection program and is sent to LS (not in a mansion at RH, of course, but in a normal house) with real alias for him and his family, and he tries to made it in the Vinewood game, but only achieve to be a B-movie producer, at this point he can be fustrated enough to maintain some of the character aspects we've seen in V, or maybe not. Amanda could do something useful for once and be the one who have a real job and support the family, having real reasons to complaint instead of bitching all day annoying her husband while living the dolce vita with his money. Kids could be less horrible, maybe just one of them being the problematic, I mean, R* could be satirical about nowadays society without make so horrible family. Anyways, Michael tries to get along with his family because he have real reasons to do so, here I don't know if follow the original plot with him failing all the time and being unable to left his old habits, or make some success but ruin everything because his personality and the fact to be a loser who miss old days. In order to continue with the heist tematic, he or maybe one of his children get a big debt with some criminal like in the original plot but with better writting, maybe Jimmy can be the problematic son and get some drug debt or something, forcing Mike to return to his old life to save his son, and this can be the way Michael gets involved with Madrazo, who would have a big role. And I like the idea someone posted about him being involved in Vinewood since it really fits with the character, but I can't figure right now how to fit it in my plot.

Well, let's go with Franklin, the most underdeveloped character, he can be a 'real gangsta' and get along with Lamar, all the plot about create a Forum Drive Families set could have been made in a different way, maybe FDF been an long-time stablished gang, and maybe Stretch not being an antagonist but an OG who both Frank and Lamar respect, there could be a story about Forum Drive set splitting from Families, Hoover Criminals style, I don't know. Also I think it has to be something traumatic, Lamar or non-anatagonist-Stretch death maybe, a betrayal like Big Smoke situation in SA, or something similar that changes Frank's vision about being in a gang, leading him to go on a different way, he also works as a bouncer at a strip club and that is the way he knows Michael, at this point things can go similar to the original, they somehow get along and F aceppts to help Mike with the heist, after this, they can keep robbing, as F can see it as a way of get out of the hood faster and Mike because it takes him back to his younger days and enable him to re-take the feeling of being a bank robber again, or maybe because he realize is his chance to make the money he needs to make his big project, his last opportunity to jump in Vinewood, or both. Vinewood subplot could take a rol here too. Of course this led to troubles with FIB as M is under protection, and here is where you can well implement a corrupt Special Agent, althought is not really necesary. I must add that in this storyline will be Franklin the one who gives most of the contacts instead of Michael contacting with Lester who is coincidentialy living in LS.

Trevor, I'd write him as a real fugitive, and no as a supposed fugitive who nevertheless lives in the desert doing all kind of notorious criminals activities and crazy massacres but not getting caught somehow, his Canadian nationality could play a rol corcerning about being on the run, but I'm not sure. Anyway, he lives in the underground after the Ludendorff heist and survives doing little criminal stuff which led him to LS, finding Mike in the process, here there are two possibilities, he joins to the crew giving a f*ck about Mike ratting his old pals, partially as in the original one, or him as an antagonist, but getting along with Franklin at some point.

Then, the finale still remains to Frank's choice, he must decide to kill T or M, option C would be his own death, or maybe not being a single decission, but multiple elections during the storyline which leads to different endings.

Well, those are my preliminary ideas to re-write V, I hope it isn't very long and boring, considering they are ideas I just think reading the thread and some are very vague and maybe uninteresting, but I really enjoy writing this kind of things.

Oh, I also selected TBOGT, as the introduction of Henrique and Armando with the consequent abandon of Gomez brothers and Willy Valerio characters doesn't convince me, I'd re-write in order to fit it more with IV's plot, reading Luis' police file made me expect something different, with more protagonism of cage fighting and gang world, but I understand is a DLC and the story is too short to fit all that in it.

Edited by Mascaracan
On 12/8/2020 at 5:37 AM, IS90 said:

Everything that involved the government needs a rewrite.

Agreed. Although I think IV/EFLC is mostly perfect the way it is, that’s about the only portion of it that I think needs to be rewritten. Just about every GTA mission involving the protagonist working for the federal government feels more like something out of a Call of Duty game than an actual GTA game. I honestly feel like GTA V was deliberately trying to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd as opposed to the actual GTA crowd, given the insane amount of government missions as well as the overall atmosphere.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ThatBenGuy said:

Agreed. Although I think IV/EFLC is mostly perfect the way it is, that’s about the only portion of it that I think needs to be rewritten. Just about every GTA mission involving the protagonist working for the federal government feels more like something out of a Call of Duty game than an actual GTA game. I honestly feel like GTA V was deliberately trying to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd as opposed to the actual GTA crowd, given the insane amount of government missions as well as the overall atmosphere.

It will shortly become a Fast and Furious type of deal where the whole premise revolves around some government agency, unfortunately.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, ThatBenGuy said:

When it comes to the government stuff in GTA V I actually don’t mind it when I view it in isolation.

However the problem is it feels like it suffocates the rest of the story a bit too much robbing other potential themes like more about the drug cartels for example.

Balance is more of a problem for me than the theme itself.

Vice City - Give some more development to Tommy instead of him being angry all the time. Have more missions with Lance and develop him too. Sonny should appear more and be a better antagonist.

San Andreas - Make CJ older and more hardened. Ryder shouldn't be a traitor and will remain loyal to the grove. Cut out the Catalina stuff. Bigger role to Ryder. CJ will raid the prison along with Cesar Ryder and others to rescue Sweet.

IV - Have Bulgarin in the end instead of Pegorino. Cut out Manny stuff. Give a bigger role to Florian/Bernie.

V - More missions for Franklin and the repo business before meeting Michael. More missions with Michael and Franklin together before Trevor is introduced. More missions for Trevor before we go to Los Santos. Make Trevor a more serious scary character. Instead of Johnny kill some other gang. Or maybe kill have a big fight to kill Johnny.

Have them work for Madrazo instead of all the government stuff. Write Stretch better and make him a better antagonist.

San Andreas was perfect. Rewriting would take the majick away.. V needs an overhaul. Thickened up if you will. Make it 100 plus missions like SA with one cohesive ending where you need to make a choice between one protagonist. Other two die and end it with an epilogue. Think mafia 3 style. Give each Main character more personal missions.. more intense rivalries etc. Maybe the end feud can be about splitting up the big score cut.. with each letting greed come before friendship. Also always thought it'd be cool if one of them ended up in prison for a coupla missions. 

• Like 2
muvdafucupouttahere
5 hours ago, Thelema93 said:

San Andreas was perfect. Rewriting would take the majick away..

Well then I guess you'll be the first one to miss out on the rewrite version of the story on FF where there are plenty of improvements, such as CJ actually standing up to Catalina and Sweet, Sweet getting some character development, Big Smoke getting a better send-off, and the return of Los Santos being longer and more interesting.

V needs an overhaul. Thickened up if you will. Make it 100 plus missions like SA with one cohesive ending where you need to make a choice between one protagonist. Other two die and end it with an epilogue. Think mafia 3 style. Give each Main character more personal missions.. more intense rivalries etc. Maybe the end feud can be about splitting up the big score cut.. with each letting greed come before friendship. Also always thought it'd be cool if one of them ended up in prison for a coupla missions. 

Now that, I strongly agree with you on.

Edited by muvdafucupouttahere
7 hours ago, Thelema93 said:

San Andreas was perfect. Rewriting would take the majick away

On one hand I agree that there are pretty much no good remakes/remasters/rewritten stories because they always screw something up and even changes that are well done have a bittersweet taste to them or are strongly disliked. However I do feel that there are plenty of points where SA can be improved (Ryder's character, more gangbanging and so on). But then again it would take away that magic or that feeling from the game.

Edited by GhettoJesus
4 hours ago, muvdafucupouttahere said:

CJ actually standing up to Catalina

This won't make sense he couldn't kill her because she was Cesar's cousin and without Cesar ,CJ Kendl and Sweet would have been dead  I like what we got on how he never cared about her and abandoned her for racing 

4 hours ago, muvdafucupouttahere said:

the return of Los Santos being longer and more interesting.

I agree with that one I want a more big bear

5 hours ago, muvdafucupouttahere said:

Sweet getting some character development

What kind of character development?

muvdafucupouttahere
4 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

This won't make sense he couldn't kill her because she was Cesar's cousin and without Cesar ,CJ Kendl and Sweet would have been dead  I like what we got on how he never cared about her and abandoned her for racing 

Whoa there. I never said CJ should have killed Catalina. I said he should have stood up to himself to let Catalina know who she's messing with. And I was talking about the rewrite version of the story that did just that in the final mission she physically appeared in.

I agree with that one I want a more big bear

Agreed.

What kind of character development?

I'd tell you, but then I'd spoil the change that was made with the scene with CJ and Sweet at the near end of the rewrite. If you haven't, you can read it for yourself in FF, starting from the beginning.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, muvdafucupouttahere said:

. I said he should have stood up to himself to let Catalina know who she's messing with.

He did burn her a lot in front of Claude which pissed her a lot when he showed her that he never cared about her

10 minutes ago, muvdafucupouttahere said:

I'd tell you, but then I'd spoil the change that was made with the scene with CJ and Sweet at the near end of the rewrite. If you haven't, you can read it for yourself in FF, starting from the beginning.

Can you DM me with it ?

On 12/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, ThatBenGuy said:

Another GTA game which I can’t believe I completely forgot about (not that it’s very memorable anyway, lol):

I think GTA Online needs a rewrite the ABSOLUTE most out of any GTA game. Period. If someone can rewrite that one, I promise I will become your best friend on this site!

An almost impossible task that I would love to try and accomplish if only I had the time. I'm sure it could be done. 

• 3 weeks later...

San Andreas:

Ryder should have been loyal to CJ 'till the end because his betrayal was out of nowhere.

Liberty City Stories:

I'd say cut some few missions and make Toni less of a bitch to Sal. And also, improve the f*cking antagonists.

Edited by OH76
Added something about the antagonists.
  • Like 3

GTA VC: More human moments for Tommy like the one with the old printer dude. Second half of the story needs more missions that add to the main arc with Lance and Sonny

GTA SA: Get rid of San Fierro arc and Catalina, whenever I replay the game these missions just become tedious and are not that interesting. Instead I would make the LS arcs (both parts) longer and flesh out LV more. 

GTA IV: More Russian Mob focus and make Bulgarin one of the main villians instead of Jimmy Pegorino. Develop Kate better, her death lacks impact. More Michelle after her betrayal would be interesting, she just disappears

GTA V: Make Michael the only protagonist + Martin Madrazzo should be the main villian. Decrease the FIB focusu, the Paleto score shouldn't be done for them for an example. 

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 2
On 12/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, ThatBenGuy said:

GTA V's government missions weren't more over the top than the ones you did in SA for Toreno (and definitely not as ridiculous as the Truth missions). 

3 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

Get rid of San Fierro arc and Catalina, whenever I replay the game these missions just become tedious and are not that interesting.

Catalina didn't appear that much and The San Fierro arc is related to the main story and establishing the story for CJ trying to give his family a better life

6 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Catalina didn't appear that much and The San Fierro arc is related to the main story and establishing the story for CJ trying to give his family a better life

Catalina has like 6 missions, the countryside arc is mostly about her. And the San Fierro arc is just kind of boring compared to the rest with the whole garage story and the Loco Syndicate being weak. The only good parts are the introduction of Woozie and Mike Toreno but they shine more in the desert + LV arcs anyway. And the whole CJ becoming more successful outside the hood story is also better done in Las Venturas.  The city is kind of generic too compared to the other two

Edited by FanEu7
Just now, FanEu7 said:

And the San Fierro arc is just kind of boring compared to the rest with the whole garage story and the Loco Syndicate being weak. The only good parts are the introduction of Woozie and Mike Toreno but they shine more in the desert + LV arcs anyway. The city is kind of generic too compared to the other two

Actually it's my favorite part of the game it goes two three parts

The first is : CJ getting his revenge by going deep into the underworld and making the loco syndicate trust him so he can finish them and it has a focus on crime organizations something that most of the gamed in the series Try to avoid.

The second is:  CJ making the connection with Woozie 

And the third is : the world opening its doors for CJ and he starts  his own businesses in the city and it has my favorite cutscenes with Kendl and cesar when CJ was depressed for killing Ryder but cesar made him feel better or when CJ was feeling empty that he will have to forget about Grove Street , Sweet and smoke in order to live a better but kendl made him feel better and this one is my favorite cutscene in the whole game since they really felt like human

7 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

Catalina has like 6 missions

I don't think 6 missions is a lot and without her we would have never crossovered with Claude and knew how they met also her chemistry with CJ was good but felt a bit wasted

16 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Actually it's my favorite part of the game it goes two three parts

The first is : CJ getting his revenge by going deep into the underworld and making the loco syndicate trust him so he can finish them and it has a focus on crime organizations something that most of the gamed in the series Try to avoid.

The second is:  CJ making the connection with Woozie 

And the third is : the world opening its doors for CJ and he starts  his own businesses in the city and it has my favorite cutscenes with Kendl and cesar when CJ was depressed for killing Ryder but cesar made him feel better or when CJ was feeling empty that he will have to forget about Grove Street , Sweet and smoke in order to live a better but kendl made him feel better and this one is my favorite cutscene in the whole game since they really felt like human

I don't think 6 missions is a lot and without her we would have never crossovered with Claude and knew how they met also her chemistry with CJ was good but felt a bit wasted

To each their own. For me CJ infiltrating Loco Syndicate was just too easy & rushed and they never seemed threatening. I disliked how Ryder was finished off too. And the whole garage story was boring (even with the extra missions), its not like CJ couldn't have had that in LS. In LV he actually makes a big step forward with owning a Casino, doing a heist etc. not to mention his behaviour is more mature and smarter here with how he screws over Salvatore (who is  is way better than T-Bone or Jizzy) and handles business.  I also like to see characters like Ken Rosenberg and Salvatore returning, better than Kendl or the garage dudes

My favourite part overall is still the LS arc and whole hood story though. I would remove the SF arc and add more missions to the LS + LV arcs

Edited by FanEu7
5 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

For me CJ infiltrating Loco Syndicate was just too easy & rushed and they never seemed threatening

More missions for jizzy before meeting T-bone wouldn't hurt but you'll have to remember that they were very active with Smoke so ambushing them won't be hard just know how and when (killing Jizzy to steal the phone)

6 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

And the whole garage story was boring (even with the extra missions), its not like CJ couldn't have had that in LS.

In Los Santos he was adheres to the hood and he would have never thought of that and him going to the casino suddenly would be very weak he needs to go step by step

1 minute ago, DR:BUSTA said:

More missions for jizzy before meeting T-bone wouldn't hurt but you'll have to remember that they were very active with Smoke so ambushing them won't be hard just know how and when (killing Jizzy to steal the phone)

In Los Santos he was adheres to the hood and he would have never thought of that and him going to the casino suddenly would be very weak he needs to go step by step

Good point, going from the countryside (his lowest point) to suddenly owning a casino and doing heists would feel rushed and weird. But I'm still not a fan of the San Fierro arc, it + the Catalina missions are just not as great as the rest of the game 

4 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

GTA SA: Get rid of San Fierro arc and Catalina, whenever I replay the game these missions just become tedious and are not that interesting. Instead I would make the LS arcs (both parts) longer and flesh out LV more

But you get to meet awesome characters like Truth and Woozie. I find Catalina's missions fun because of the robbery, heists, etc.

9 minutes ago, OH76 said:

But you get to meet awesome characters like Truth and Woozie. I find Catalina's missions fun because of the robbery, heists, etc.

True, they are great but the main part of the countryside arc is Catalina and her personality is annoying ah hell. I don't like how CJ acts like a pussy here