3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Exploring

Englishman1

Englishman1

What areas are you looking forward to exploring the most? Forrest's, plains, snowy, marsh, swamps, mountains ect also what surprises do you think we will see? Legendary creatures ect

On 7/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, Englishman1 said:

What areas are you looking forward to exploring the most? Forrest's, plains, snowy, marsh, swamps, mountains ect also what surprises do you think we will see? Legendary creatures ect

Swamps, and the forest areas. Im so f*cking excited.

Lemoyne outlaw

im looking forward to explore the whole map. but i guess if i had to pick i would say the snow areas, swamps and if the is one a desert. i am hoping that there is but im having doubts. im also looking forward to exploring the small towns. see what fun things we can do there.

Englishman1

I'm hoping the towns are all different & unique along with the bigger city area. 

• Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

Honestly I'm interested in exploring all of the churches.

All of the churches in Red Dead 1 were unique and had their own distinct feel, and as I recall, every town had one

They really nailed the atmosphere there.

• Like 3

The last scene of the 1st trailer 😛

Edited by 1898

Why does no one want to ride through The Heartlands area of the map? Those fields look awesome!

Edited by Cozzi
  • Like 3

BretMaverick777
2 hours ago, Cozzi said:

Why does no one want to ride through The Heartlands area of the map? Those fields look awesome!

Eh, never been a fan of the Great Plains in real life.  We'll see how it plays out in game.  Wide open range for cattle drives and rustling, but not a whole lot of cover around, if you know what I mean.   Rifles would be a must here, and will pick you apart before you get close enough to anyone to draw a six-shooter, let alone a shotgun.   And trust, you'll be stuck with a lot of dead horses if you get in a shootout on the plains; probably wind up having to use their corpse as the only cover available.  And yeah, that's historically accurate, even in pitched battles between cavalry and Indians, but it's probably gonna be frustrating in gameplay.  

Cutter De Blanc
3 hours ago, Cozzi said:

When I think of the place I think of a whole lot of nothing. Rolling fields of green and all that. The concept strikes me as more picturesque than interesting. Will be a great place to chill and take in the beauty while I'm stoned and a thunderstorm is rolling in, but doesn't immediately make me want to get out and explore every boulder and bush. I'm probably wrong and it will be as intricate and complicated as the rest of the areas, but at present doesn't seem as exciting.

• Like 2

PhotomodePNG
3 hours ago, Cozzi said:

The power of this world is the diversity. in part 1 I found it too much the same: open desert. I am really looking forward to the large forests, swamps, high mountains, rivers, etc. this does not alter the fact that the heartlands are also very important 😁

Exploring the nearest bar for a game of Liar's Dice.

• Like 3

JustAMetalHead

I guess I'm the one of the few  who doesn't really care about the swamps.

• Like 1

SneakyDeaky

Night One:

First hour, ride to West Elizabeth. Become all nostalgic for the place and get freaked out by all the changes and added visual detail and quality. What's Bleecher's hope like? Is there treasure under Broken Tree? Hell, I guess not or Mr Morgan would have found it and John would be sh*t outta luck.

Second hour, off to Tall Trees to get completely lost again. What is Cochinay like? Bearclaw Camp? Is it abandoned back then? What happened to the stupid people who built the camp in a location famously known for bears, anyway?

Third Hour, back down to Blackwater to sell the bear skin and buy moonshine. Can I watch a show at the theater? Can I buy a newspaper and read about the massacre I was just in an hour ago? Is everyone talking about it? Can I get on a ferry to cross Flat Iron Lake? Can I steal the damn ferry?

Fourth hour, now how the hell do I get back to the gang camp?

• Like 1

Cutter De Blanc
6 hours ago, JustAMetalHead said:

I guess I'm the one of the few  who doesn't really care about the swamps.

They look like a nightmare to traverse. Like if you get stuck there after sundown you and your double barrel shotgun and your f*cking warhorse are all gonna fall in the swamp and get eaten by an alligator and die. I care about them but in an "Oh sh*t, I'm gonna have to slog through the goddamn bayou" kinda way

• Like 2

Im2akillerfish

Saint Demis, mountaintops and other snowy areas, forests and plains. (I love West Elizabeth) 

• Like 1

Areas like Cholla Springs from the OG game. It looked like it was ripped straight from the Clint Eastwood spagetti movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

the world, chico....and everything in it

Came here to say something similar, but this'll do.

BretMaverick777
5 hours ago, tonko said:

Areas like Cholla Springs from the OG game. It looked like it was ripped straight from the Clint Eastwood spagetti movie.

I love the deserts, too, but at this point, Rockstar hasn't shown any.  

I keep hoping there's some DLC down the line that will bring back Nuevo Paraiso and New Austin...you gotta love the iconic imagery of cowboys and gunfighters and bandidos riding through the red rock canyons, saguaro cactus and Joshua trees.   I mean, I love everything about the RDR2 map, but once RDROnline starts rolling, I'm gonna want those spaghetti Westerns too.

Edited by BretMaverick777

tumblr_pcdh3j5Q051rsntc8o1_1280.jpg

Ever since they released the first batch of screenshots I've been in love with this one. Definitely looking forward to exploring and getting lost in the lush forests in this game. I can already hear the sound of branches snapping beneath my horse's hooves, birds singing in the distance and leaves rustling in the breeze. Maybe a woodpecker or two can be heard as well?

October needs to hurry the hell up, man.

• Like 4

BretMaverick777
21 minutes ago, Mr. Morgan said:

tumblr_pcdh3j5Q051rsntc8o1_1280.jpg

Ever since they released the first batch of screenshots I've been in love with this one. Definitely looking forward to exploring and getting lost in the lush forests in this game. I can already hear the sound of branches snapping beneath my horse's hooves, birds singing in the distance and leaves rustling in the breeze. Maybe a woodpecker or two can be heard as well?

October needs to hurry the hell up, man.

I'm guessing the redwoods and sequoias are supposed to be the Tall Trees region again, but it could be that the whole Cumberland Forest area is still old growth forest, before the clearcutting started.  Either way, those giants are just BEAUTIFUL.   Makes me wonder about climbing....certainly nothing like that, but it would be great to get the drop on your prey from above.  Or watch a bear or cougar climb a tree to get the drop on YOU. 

• Like 3

Im2akillerfish
22 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

I'm guessing the redwoods and sequoias are supposed to be the Tall Trees region again, but it could be that the whole Cumberland Forest area is still old growth forest, before the clearcutting started.  Either way, those giants are just BEAUTIFUL.   Makes me wonder about climbing....certainly nothing like that, but it would be great to get the drop on your prey from above.  Or watch a bear or cougar climb a tree to get the drop on YOU. 

RIP Arthur Morgan ???? - 1899, crushed to death by a falling bear. 

• Like 2