Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheSantader25

Which Part of the Story Was Better?

Which Part of the Story Was Better?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Part of the Story Was Better?

    • First:The Prologue-The Jewelry Store Heist
      26
    • Second:Mr Philips- Friends Reunited
      2
    • Third:Fame or Shame-Caida Libre
      0
    • Forth:Minor Turbulence-Monkey Business
      2
    • Fifth:Hang Ten-The Finale
      0
    • All
      3


Recommended Posts

TheSantader25

Which part of the story you enjoyed better?if you hate the story it does not matter. Just say which part was better. 

 

I liked the first, second, third and fourth part but I think the fifth part was half-assed and damaged the story. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crossbones

I like the first part of the story. All Franklin and Lamar missions, meeting Micheal, Micheal coming back from his retirement was good. I also like second part, even though I don't like Trevor but those missions were good too, dealing with Aztecas, O' Neil brothers. Basically, I like the part were there is no involvement of FIB or it's very less, because that is the time where the trio actually works for themselves, Franklin trying to leave the hood and making money, Micheal-Trevor solving their problems and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Crossbones said:

I like the first part of the story. All Franklin and Lamar missions, meeting Micheal, Micheal coming back from his retirement was good. I also like second part, even though I don't like Trevor but those missions were good too, dealing with Aztecas, O' Neil brothers. Basically, I like the part were there is no involvement of FIB or it's very less, because that is the time where the trio actually works for themselves, Franklin trying to leave the hood and making money, Micheal-Trevor solving their problems and all.

I think the problem starts when R* forgot that each protagonist had their own life besides working together. (except Michael) They had Michael-Only Missions until the end but Trevor and Franklin personal life was forgotten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MARKUS.

this moment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Lupino

I liked the first and second part of the story the most.

While i liked  jewellery heist but what i liked more was  trevor running his empire against Aztecas,Lost MCs and Oniel Brothers.

This was the part he felt like one man army like older gta protagonists.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom

First part for me too. Though I kind of wish there were some more missions before Franklin and Michael meet. As much as I dislike Trevor I don't really have any issues with his introduction strand missions, but IMO the story starts taking a nose dive when the three start working for the FIB. It feels less like a GTA game and something like Splinter Cell, COD, Metal Gear Soild etc all mashed together.

 

Franklin's relegated to being a third wheel whilst Michael and Trevor bicker like an old married couple. Their motivations just felt stronger to me in the beginning, but as the story wears on it slowly starts losing steam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatKyloRenGuy

I’d have to go with the first part of the story. The introduction was pretty good and so were the majority of the missions when Michael and Franklin are just getting to know each other as well as before and during their meeting with each other. However, as the story goes on, it takes a turn for the worst IMO. When the three start working for the FIB, it starts to feel more like a futuristic COD game than an actual GTA game. Not to go off on a tangent, but even though Tonya appears prior to Trevor’s reintroduction, I honestly think she should be cut from the game entirely. Same goes for Tanisha, Mary-Ann, Franklin’s aunt, and Fabian LaRouche. I also 110% agree with Michael in that it was more than weird that Trevor was having some sort of high school romance with Patricia Madrazo. All those characters I just mentioned (excluding Michael and Trevor of course) are cut out completely in my rewriting of GTA 5 within the Writer’s Discussion and replaced with some more family members for Michael, that are actually more likable than his wife, son, and daughter. Now, back on topic, same goes for certain missions later on in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

@Algonquin Assassin

I understand if the story takes a dive for you when they work together but how can you call it a splinter cell or COD? what does make the story like that? Just because Michael rappels down a building? The missions are SA style but this time with 3 protagonists. The missions are basically SA style but collided together. Instead of sniping in a mission and dirt biking in another, you do both in one mission. And that's the way R* tried to break the A to B formula. Yes the story ITSELF might be disappointing for some people. But I just can't see it as a COD. COD basically doesn't have a campaign. It's just a 3-4 hour bullsh*t. 

 

@ThatBenGuy

I already said this somewhere else that annoying characters are a needed part of the story in GTA series . As an example,I think it's stupid to think R* actually wanted us to like Michael's family. They did their best to make us hate them. Why? So Michael looks as  miserable as possible dealing with the FIB, Trevor and a family whom he sacrificed everything to protect from trevor but became a spoiled one. 

Same goes for tonya as well. It's there to show how stupid the people in the hood look to Franklin and why he has to get the f*ck out of there. 

Also people like mary-ann, nigel, etc are not even part of the story. They are side missions with a bunch of annoying, weird Californian wibe characters to make you laugh, cringe or both. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
48 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

@Algonquin Assassin

I understand if the story takes a dive for you when they work together but how can you call it a splinter cell or COD? what does make the story like that? Just because Michael rappels down a building? The missions are SA style but this time with 3 protagonists. The missions are basically SA style but collided together. Instead of sniping in a mission and dirt biking in another, you do both in one mission. And that's the way R* tried to break the A to B formula. Yes the story ITSELF might be disappointing for some people. But I just can't see it as a COD. COD basically doesn't have a campaign. It's just a 3-4 hour bullsh*t. 

By COD I don't mean comparing it to the respective campaigns, but the Merryweather stuff feels like it appeals to the COD fanbase. Also I was doing Monkey Business yesterday and it felt like something ripped straight out of a Splinter Cell/COD game. I mean one moment Michael's hitting a jewellery store in Rockford Hills the next he's stealing toxic nerve gas for the government and taking down armed guards like a spec ops solider. It's just weird.

 

It doesn't feel like GTA to me. Just like similar missions in San Andreas. That's why I actually really like the first part of the story because it feels more traditional.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
49 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

By COD I don't mean comparing it to the respective campaigns, but the Merryweather stuff feels like it appeals to the COD fanbase. Also I was doing Monkey Business yesterday and it felt like something ripped straight out of a Splinter Cell/COD game. I mean one moment Michael's hitting a jewellery store in Rockford Hills the next he's stealing toxic nerve gas for the government and taking down armed guards like a spec ops solider. It's just weird.

 

It doesn't feel like GTA to me. Just like similar missions in San Andreas. That's why I actually really like the first part of the story because it feels more traditional.

 

First of all Michael is not robbing a jewelry store at one moment and attacking the humane labs the next. It's MANY MANY MANY moments later in the story. Which shows how f*cked up his life gets once trevor walks in. 

I loved that R* finally parodied Blackwater(merryweather). 

This assholes are the worst of private militaries in real life. I would like to see Don Percival as one of the antagonists. Believe it or not, merryweather(blackwater) is a part of real life and they really do have some saying at the deserts around california. 

We take down the military, Swat(noose) , police, gang members, drug dealers,mafia etc in GTAs. Paramilitaries can't be worse than f*cking with NOOSE or the army(like we did in SA VC VCS) 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

First of all Michael is not robbing a jewelry store at one moment and attacking the humane labs the next. It's MANY MANY MANY moments later in the story. Which shows how f*cked up his life gets once trevor walks in. 

I loved that R* finally parodied Blackwater(merryweather). 

This assholes are the worst of private militaries in real life. I would like to see Don Percival as one of the antagonists. Believe it or not, merryweather(blackwater) is a part of real life and they really do have some saying at the deserts around california. 

We take down the military, Swat(noose) , police, gang members, drug dealers,mafia etc in GTAs. Paramilitaries can't be worse than f*cking with NOOSE or the army(like we did in SA VC VCS) 

I know it happens much later on, but I was just bridging those two parts of the story to make a correlation to my point. You think I meant it literally?

 

As for Merryweather it's good you love them, but I don't. You know who else has relevance to modern Southern California? The Mexican Drug Cartels which is a blemish in this game for some reason and I won't into much detail how R* f*cked up Madrazo.

 

I just don't care for paramilitary dickheads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laker23

I hated the story in general, but I'd say the first part. It was an OK build up before they f*cked it up soon after.

 

The mission that somebody posted about Trevor finding out was probably my favourite mission in the game, dark and impactful. Which is why I wish they would have fleshed out the story a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

It's so sad that these days, any story that is not dark and Emotional is considered as a bad one. Like you always need to feel something to get the writers message. 

The way I see it there are 2 ways to get your point across in a story. Emotions or Satire. Emotions were the way in IV. Satire was the V and SA way. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatKyloRenGuy

@TheSantader25

I do agree with you that it is sad how any story that is not so emotional is considered a bad one. That especially rings true nowadays. It’s not just that way with video games. It’s that way with movies, television shows, and even books as well. As far as tv shows (especially cartoons) go, I personally don’t care for ones with too much emotion as most of those are baby shows. I also agree that emotions and satire are the two ways of getting the point across in a story. However, when you really put thought into it, ALL GTA games are satire in a way, just like tv or internet shows such as Family Guy, Happy Tree Friends, and South Park, or certain movies. This is just the way I see it, but IV and EFLC were kind of a combination of both satire and emotions, whereas V and SA were both mostly satire and very little emotions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, ThatBenGuy said:

@TheSantader25

I do agree with you that it is sad how any story that is not so emotional is considered a bad one. That especially rings true nowadays. It’s not just that way with video games. It’s that way with movies, television shows, and even books as well. As far as tv shows (especially cartoons) go, I personally don’t care for ones with too much emotion as most of those are baby shows. I also agree that emotions and satire are the two ways of getting the point across in a story. However, when you really put thought into it, ALL GTA games are satire in a way, just like tv or internet shows such as Family Guy, Happy Tree Friends, and South Park, or certain movies. This is just the way I see it, but IV and EFLC were kind of a combination of both satire and emotions, whereas V and SA were both mostly satire and very little emotions.

IV was way too serious to be called satirical. It had it's touches but not that much.V was way to satirical to be emotional. Few emotions were felt throughout the story. R* still hasn't found the right combination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

Prologue to Friends reunited 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laker23
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

It's so sad that these days, any story that is not dark and Emotional is considered as a bad one. Like you always need to feel something to get the writers message. 

The way I see it there are 2 ways to get your point across in a story. Emotions or Satire. Emotions were the way in IV. Satire was the V and SA way. 

At least @ me here, pal.

 

That's not the reason I hated V's story, at all, it was one point in a much grander scheme. I'm not going to repeat for the 200th time why I hated the story, so let's say it's because it's not emotional, so I fit your narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
8 minutes ago, Laker23 said:

At least @ me here, pal.

 

That's not the reason I hated V's story, at all, it was one point in a much grander scheme. I'm not going to repeat for the 200th time why I hated the story, so let's say it's because it's not emotional, so I fit your narrative.

I wasn't talking to you. I just read your post and that came to my mind because I see this kind of thinking a lot these days. In movies, cartoons, anything and it's becoming a trend. 

I was talking in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laker23
45 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I wasn't talking to you. I just read your post and that came to my mind because I see this kind of thinking a lot these days. In movies, cartoons, anything and it's becoming a trend. 

I was talking in general. 

Fair enough, that's my bad.

 

You certainly have a point, that I will say. Most SP games rely on a heavy story to focus on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failure

Franklin & Lamar - The Jewel Store Job.

 

The story jumps head first into the realm of sh*tiness and abhorrence when we are forced to play as Mr. Manchild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tycek
4 hours ago, Failure said:

Franklin & Lamar - The Jewel Store Job.

 

The story jumps head first into the realm of sh*tiness and abhorrence when we are forced to play as Mr. Manchild. 

I got to agree with this. Despite the fact that some missions like Father and Son were already borderline stupid, this fragment of the game got quite nice atmosphere. Rest of the story is simply speaking crappy.

Edited by Tycek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FadeAway

So, I liked some mixtures of each story, but I'll go with the first. The first story slowly builds up to Michael, getting more involved, coming out of his ''retirement'' with Franklin in the middle then taking Jewel Store. The second is more of an introduction in Trevor since Prologue. I enjoyed the heists and scores especially with all 3 involved, overall.

Edited by flgta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.