4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

taken250

How to counter deluxos?

Nutduster
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dburger said:

The Stromberg was nerfed in the After Hours update. Now it only takes one rocket with someone in it to blow up.

First I've heard of this - source? Video?

EDIT: In Ghillie we trust.  It wasn't nerfed but you may have experienced an armor glitch that existed pre-After Hours.

Edited by Nutduster

FukNRekd
9 minutes ago, Dburger said:

The Stromberg was nerfed in the After Hours update. Now it only takes one rocket with someone in it to blow up.

I disagree. Mine still takes several.

Dburger
4 minutes ago, FukNRekd said:

I disagree. Mine still takes several.

Along with this and that video, do we know if the “glitched armor” is still glitched, or did they fix it? Is the Akula fixed? I got rid of mine because I thought that even if it wasn’t a nerf but a bug, it could’ve been ages until it’d actually be fixed. 

Nutduster
2 minutes ago, Dburger said:

Along with this and that video, do we know if the “glitched armor” is still glitched, or did they fix it? Is the Akula fixed? I got rid of mine because I thought that even if it wasn’t a nerf but a bug, it could’ve been ages until it’d actually be fixed. 

The problem is that no one knows what causes the armor glitch, and it's intermittent.  Still to this day, my Avenger occasionally blows up when hit by a single explosive.  It happens maybe 5% of the time I break it out, but enough that it's annoying.

bruvs-mcfc
31 minutes ago, CarnageRacing00 said:

What a mess of formatting dude... Can't you just quote the normal way? Anyway... my original quote is in bold, your reply is quoted, and my new response is under each quote.

First, since I have been playing the game for 5 years...

So? What does that have to do with anything?

I've watched it evolve from something that I truly enjoyed to something that far more closely resembles a repetitive slog to earn obscene amounts of imaginary money with which to purchase the ability to have fun.

A lot has changed. Yes, there was a grind to earn money for things, but they weren't necessary in order to enjoy the game. They were extras. Luxuries. Now, you HAVE to own a bunker in order to own an MOC in order to own a Weaponized Tampa or whatever. Before, you could just buy a weaponized vehicle direct from Warstock, without having to spend an extra couple mil for a place to park it.

When I first enjoyed GTA Online, yes there were expensive items but very little of it was completely and totally restricted from use unless you paid for it. You could get any DLC car in Single Player to enjoy there,

You stated that Deluxos were once instance of the game which goes against my favor. I took the time to explain how it's just one example of the many ways in which this game goes against all of our favor.

you could steal a tank and use it to your heart's content,

No... I'm not mad that better weapons require payment. I'm mad that they're put behind a huge god damned paywall, that it's this situation where anyone who was lucky enough to have the cash early could get these gunships and griefer tools right away, and everyone else who has to earn their money slowly is completely left at their mercy - because I can't just grind off a cool million and buy an Avenger, I have to ALSO buy a f*cking million dollar hangar too. So I'm grinding and grinding and grinding and grinding just to buy the property that allows me to buy the thing that I want. 

you could steal a fighter jet and use it as well,

Yeah, you're missing the point.

and if that wasn't enough, it wasn't long before the Creator Mode was released and you could load up pretty much any asset in the game there to enjoy without spending a dime.

Not a glitch at all. They ADDED the vehicles to Creator Mode, and then stopped doing so. I am, in fact, mad that we don't get a free sample. Know why? Because I spent a sh*t ton of money on a Weaponized Tampa only to learn that the version you own can't handle even a single explosion, and that the upgraded armor LITERALLY does nothing. Were I able to experiment with the vehicle I'd have known not to waste my money. If we could play with the vehicles in creator mode, we might have learned before spending money that the Ramp Buggy is useless and so in the Phantom Wedge, because the versions you can own are made of plywood and paper apparently.

But with the Heists update, they stopped adding Online vehicles to Single Player, and over time since that point they've stopped adding vehicles to Creator Mode, except for certain ones that are contained within their own specific modes of play instead of letting player's get creative and use them as they desire. No Rocket Voltics Vs RPG's still, and no Ruiner 2000 deathmatches... and it completely boggles the mind.

You don't understand what I'm saying. I'm making several points here. First, that they stopped adding Online vehicles to Single Player with the Heists update. That's it's own point. Second, that they've stopped adding vehicles to creator mode. That's it's own point as well. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by saying Rocket Voltics don't exist in Single Player... I obviously know that, since that's what I just said, but I am also arguing that they SHOULD be in Single Player. Is there any legitimate reason why they should not be? Why we can't have the Wedge or Ramp Buggy or Rocket Voltic or Oppressor in Single Player? I'll do you one better - You could only have them in Single Player if you BOUGHT THEM ONLINE. There. Now there is legitimately NO reason why they aren't in Single Player.

Second, I'm not quitting the game because I get blown up. I'm quitting the game because IT'S NOT FUN to me anymore.

You ARE here to debate the fun I am having otherwise you wouldn't be arguing with me. WTF? I made a smart ass comment about my frustration with the game. Had you and your buddy not replied, my one comment would've been the end of it, but you guys are insistent on debating me and so here we are with this long drawn out bullsh*t. 

Having hours of work erased in an instant IS NOT FUN to me.

Are you drunk? What do you MEAN what am I talking about exactly? 

Grinding the same missions over and over and over and over to build up enough stock to make a few bucks so I MIGHT be able to get my hands on that incredible flying car only to have it all blown to hell by an off-radar douchebag who only exists within the lobby to ruin everyone else's fun is NOT FUN to me. 

Again, not fun to me. This shift toward empowering griefers has ruined Free Mode for me. It's NOT a normal GTA thing - Rockstar took measures to BALANCE free roam (tank and jet radar icons, fixing passive mode, nerfing the tank, adding the homing launcher, etc) once upon a time and now they're just cramming it full of weapons and tools that completely break the balance if only due to the barrier of entry - if newer players were able to access these weapons and vehicles for a more fair price and without the prerequisite of multiple multi-million dollar properties, it would be more balanced. But Rockstar is almost forcing players to buy Shark Cards.

If YOU enjoy the slog, more power to you. I don't. That's MY opinion,

YOU asked by arguing with me. You should have left it alone.

and if you're so insecure in your blind, lapdog defense of this corrupt as f*ck game developer and their money grubbing game that you can't handle any criticism whatsoever, then maybe it is YOU that should end your online subscription. 

I made one smart ass comment and you were the one that started crying because I dared to challenge your dear and precious Rockstar.

Yes. Proximity Mines don't show up on the map. Neither do players who are off-radar.

Maybe you should try using your head, because unless you can explain to me how Ghost Org or Off Radar can render Proxy Mines inert, or prevent people from seeing me with their own eyes as they sit parked outside my bunker with any of the various warships, you have no point here.

They can see me inside my base, I can't see them. They wait and jump me as soon as I leave.

It happens all the time. What peaceful paradise servers are you playing on and can you invite me to them? Wtf? Are we even playing the same game?

There are countless scenarios in which you are utterly defenseless against people who make it a mission to wreck other people's sh*t. If you choose to be ignorant of this, that's no fault of mine.

Yes, the game IS bad because other players choose to ruin people's fun - and the victims are totally at their mercy. A good game empowers the victims, not the griefers. A good game does not charge me $GTA20,000 because I blew up a weaponized vehicle that has been harassing me and destroying my cargo. A good game does not creative an in-game economy that requires the use of hundreds of millions of in-game currency to purchase weapons, vehicles and properties just so you can have the means to protect yourself from other players. A good game is NOT pay to f*cking win.

GTA Online is f*cking trash. It was awesome once, and those days are over. It has some awesome content, and when you're able to join a crew and enter an invite only lobby where everyone is being cool, the game can still be f*cking amazing. But as it sits, in public lobbies, from the perspective of a player who only has a few hours a week to play the game, it is f*cking garbage.

And if you didn't want my opinion then you shouldn't have asked. If you don't want to hear any more, don't reply. 

Your right in most respects except from remembering that rockstar are a business and like all businesses it has to make money regardless of what they make or sell or create .and arming people with feather dusters will create the money sapping deaths associated with killkng and being killed .which eats away your money leaving you skint and "hey presto" needing a shark card . So they will feed and feed money draining content time after time .

On a game playing note I will accept being out played .it's arseholes using likes of god mode who ruin it

CarnageRacing00
1 hour ago, bruvs-mcfc said:

Your right in most respects except from remembering that rockstar are a business and like all businesses it has to make money regardless of what they make or sell or create .and arming people with feather dusters will create the money sapping deaths associated with killkng and being killed .which eats away your money leaving you skint and "hey presto" needing a shark card . So they will feed and feed money draining content time after time .

On a game playing note I will accept being out played .it's arseholes using likes of god mode who ruin it

I very well understand that Rockstar are a business and are free to do whatever they want with their product all in the name of making money.

That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to criticize their decisions and direction for GTA Online. As someone who has been a die hard fan of the series since 1997, which is longer than a LOT of people who play GTA V have been ALIVE, it is hugely disappointing to me to see it go this way. 

And again, adding expensive things to the game isn't what bothers me - it's designing the flow of gameplay the way they have, where it encourages griefing and oppressing new players or players who don't have endless hours to play the game. In the first few years of GTAO, I was totally fine with not owning the best of the best, because it didn't really affect my experience. Did I WANT the best apartment? Yes, but I could settle with the cheapest and still get by. Did I WANT a better car than my Entity? Yes, but I could get by with my Entity. Did I WANT to buy a tank? Yes, but I could just put in some extra work to steal one. 

Those days are over. If you want to experience the new game content, like, at all, you HAVE to grind for it or buy Shark Cards. 

So then people say "it's FREE DLC stop bitching!" to which I say, if Rockstar asked for a flat fee to gain access to all content within each update, I would probably be totally fine with that - but $60 these days might get you a car or two. At most. It is ridiculous.

If people are still enjoying the game, good on them. I'm not criticizing your decisions or opinions. I'm stating my own. Rockstar has burned me so bad - look through my post history, I've been one of their most valiant defenders for the TEN YEARS that I've been a part of this forum. 

Not anymore.

bruvs-mcfc
On 7/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, CarnageRacing00 said:

I very well understand that Rockstar are a business and are free to do whatever they want with their product all in the name of making money.

That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to criticize their decisions and direction for GTA Online. As someone who has been a die hard fan of the series since 1997, which is longer than a LOT of people who play GTA V have been ALIVE, it is hugely disappointing to me to see it go this way. 

And again, adding expensive things to the game isn't what bothers me - it's designing the flow of gameplay the way they have, where it encourages griefing and oppressing new players or players who don't have endless hours to play the game. In the first few years of GTAO, I was totally fine with not owning the best of the best, because it didn't really affect my experience. Did I WANT the best apartment? Yes, but I could settle with the cheapest and still get by. Did I WANT a better car than my Entity? Yes, but I could get by with my Entity. Did I WANT to buy a tank? Yes, but I could just put in some extra work to steal one. 

Those days are over. If you want to experience the new game content, like, at all, you HAVE to grind for it or buy Shark Cards. 

So then people say "it's FREE DLC stop bitching!" to which I say, if Rockstar asked for a flat fee to gain access to all content within each update, I would probably be totally fine with that - but $60 these days might get you a car or two. At most. It is ridiculous.

If people are still enjoying the game, good on them. I'm not criticizing your decisions or opinions. I'm stating my own. Rockstar has burned me so bad - look through my post history, I've been one of their most valiant defenders for the TEN YEARS that I've been a part of this forum. 

Not anymore.

To be honest I can't disagree with a word of it ,but when you analyse the online business model then there is no other way to keep literally millions of players interested enough to continue switching on than change gameplay . I guess this is the price of success. 

But looking back couldn't agree more that the simple fight with guns on the streets was not just more enjoyable but was it also carried the ability to play with whenever u chose and still be close to a level playing field 

SmokesWithCigs

You didn't mention mkII explosive sniper. This is the sure shot method. I made a briefer leave the lobby and left another idiot stranded in sandy shores.

taken250

Don't say I didn't call it. The Scramjet is the new jet killer. Mark my words

SuperJude™
On 8/1/2018 at 2:33 PM, SmokesWithCigs said:

You didn't mention mkII explosive sniper. This is the sure shot method. I made a briefer leave the lobby and left another idiot stranded in sandy shores.

I don't know... 

Used to be the perfect weapon but they nerfed it. 

Now it takes a couple shots so the second I feel one explosive round I drop out of the sky or jump out depending. 

Shame. Mk II Explosive Sniper was the greatest. 

BOOGIEMAN219
On 7/25/2018 at 1:31 AM, SuperJude™ said:

As a Deluxo Aficionado I can tell you what I most worry about. 

1) (and this is an obvious one but...) Other Deluxos. A skilled player can get the drop on you if you're not careful. I loath other Deluxo Aficionados 😡🤬👿

2} Ghost Organization. A player or crew can hunt you for 3 minutes straight. Deluxo is slow. Others in faster vehicles (Oppressor, Heli, Jet) will end a good Deluxo run in no time then probably troll kill you a few times for good measure. 

3) Jets. A good pilot can dive bomb you while using the cannons. Devastating. And fast enough to outrun missiles. When I see a curious pilot I usually go off map and fly as high as I can. Can't dive bomb me if I'm as high as possible... 

4) Orbital Cannon. Sometimes someone just gets sick of your Deluxo trolling and spends the cash to eradicate you. It may or may not have happened to me yesterday 😂

5} Oppressors. The Deluxo's Natural Enemy. 

Have you never gone up against a good pyro or starling pilot using chaff? 

On 7/24/2018 at 12:59 PM, johnpolo said:

Pyro is much faster than the lazer. It lacks the explosive bullets though. Still don't know why that's the plane they decided to nerf!

When did they nerf the pyro, its my go to dogfighter, oppressor, and deluxo killer. I haven't noticed anything different.

secrecy274
On 8/4/2018 at 6:02 AM, taken250 said:

Don't say I didn't call it. The Scramjet is the new jet killer. Mark my words

I severely doubt it. Granted, I've no interest in the vehicle and therefore don't follow anything concerning it, but from what I've heard it has Deluxo missiles, and these missiles can quite easily be avoided in a Jet.

wehweh01
On 7/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, livejoker said:

My strategy is a bit extreme but can be done in 3 easy steps.

First, you press pause.
Second, you scroll down to "Find A New Session".
Third, you press A/X/Enter.

Got no time dealing with a Back-To-The-Future-crossbreeding-with-a-rich-redneck-that-gets-a-hard-on-each-4th-of-July-cause-he-likes-explosions kind of car.

Crates aren't gonna deliver themselves!