1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Domand

Which Game choices have you never taken?

GiveMeLiberty78
1 hour ago, Jeansowaty said:

It appears that it will replace it. I dunno. I'll try this mission today :)

I mean, for me it was no problem because as Vlad says, I'm just a dumb yokel so I only one car (my fatty cousin's cab!). At least it didn't de-spawn - a bit more realistic that way I suppose and again, a free car for Niko.

By the way, I find the dialogue between Vlad and Niko hilarious in the previous mission 'Clean Getaway'. Which reminds me, dumb yokel I am, I need to clean my "doirty" car 'cause otherwise Vlad will think me and my whole peasant family drive like this, but as he reminds me, this is not how we do things in this country! Ha, what great dialogue - I keep a save file so I can replay that mission for the cutscenes and dialogue.

Jeansowaty
On 8/16/2018 at 3:58 PM, GiveMeLiberty78 said:

I mean, for me it was no problem because as Vlad says, I'm just a dumb yokel so I only one car (my fatty cousin's cab!). At least it didn't de-spawn - a bit more realistic that way I suppose and again, a free car for Niko.

By the way, I find the dialogue between Vlad and Niko hilarious in the previous mission 'Clean Getaway'. Which reminds me, dumb yokel I am, I need to clean my "doirty" car 'cause otherwise Vlad will think me and my whole peasant family drive like this, but as he reminds me, this is not how we do things in this country! Ha, what great dialogue - I keep a save file so I can replay that mission for the cutscenes and dialogue.

So I did some research with the Simple Native Trainer. I put two cars, Roman's Taxi and a Pinnacle into the parking space.

GTAIV_2018-08-18_14-38.png

I started the mission and the cars were still there.

GTAIV_2018-08-18_14-38_1.png

I eliminated Ivan and went back to the safehouse, the cars were intact.

GTAIV_2018-08-18_14-41.png

I removed the Pinnacle from the parking place and started the mission again and took the short route. Boom, Chavos spotted!

GTAIV_2018-08-18_14-43.png

Free Chavos lol.

GTAIV_2018-08-18_14-44.png

GiveMeLiberty78

Good research @Jeansowaty. Looks like you also have a free Chavos! (Ivan's gift for sparing his life, of course.) Apart from wondering why Rockstar had the Chavos spawn, I did find it quite funny that even at this early stage of the game, players needed telling/reminding to press <whatever key> to brake.

Speaking of cars, you ruined your Ruiner! Nice job. Anyway, I'm off to play with one of those dangerous swingsets...

Jeansowaty
15 minutes ago, GiveMeLiberty78 said:

Good research @Jeansowaty. Looks like you also have a free Chavos! (Ivan's gift for sparing his life, of course.) Apart from wondering why Rockstar had the Chavos spawn, I did find it quite funny that even at this early stage of the game, players needed telling/reminding to press <whatever key> to brake.

Speaking of cars, you ruined your Ruiner! Nice job. Anyway, I'm off to play with one of those dangerous swingsets...

I actually quickly peppered Ivan with my Micro Uzi and stole his ruined Ruiner :lol: and the messages may be because I actually only completed 2 missions on that savegame, I've been replaying the mission with a Trainer.

GiveMeLiberty78
17 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

I actually quickly peppered Ivan with my Micro Uzi and stole his ruined Ruiner :lol: and the messages may be because I actually only completed 2 missions on that savegame, I've been replaying the mission with a Trainer.

Ah right, well in that case if it were a gift from Ivan, his gesture was not well received, haha! True, and that is the same for me - I still find it odd though, that the developers needed to remind people to brake (it is after called Grand Theft Auto, but I am splitting hairs I suppose).

I didn't realize you could ice him before reaching the construction site. Does his Ruiner come with special perks? Like, in Vice City I recall you being able to keep a bullet-proof hummer working for Phil whoever he was, the guy making moonshine.

Domand

Woah dude, how did you get that shirt you are wearing in the pictures? Isn´t that from modo? Thought that shop was on Algonquin which would still be locked?? Also, pretty cool you looked into this. 

Jeansowaty

2 hours ago, GiveMeLiberty78 said:

Ah right, well in that case if it were a gift from Ivan, his gesture was not well received, haha! True, and that is the same for me - I still find it odd though, that the developers needed to remind people to brake (it is after called Grand Theft Auto, but I am splitting hairs I suppose).

I didn't realize you could ice him before reaching the construction site. Does his Ruiner come with special perks? Like, in Vice City I recall you being able to keep a bullet-proof hummer working for Phil whoever he was, the guy making moonshine.

Nope, it just has a bit of a unique color.

2 hours ago, Domand said:

Woah dude, how did you get that shirt you are wearing in the pictures? Isn´t that from modo? Thought that shop was on Algonquin which would still be locked?? Also, pretty cool you looked into this. 

I used the Simple Native Trainer to make Niko wear this :P and thank you :)

GiveMeLiberty78

I just noticed your attire, nice. I personally quite like Niko's fresh-off-the-boat appearance; declassé in a stylish sorta way.

Back to the original topic, and a hypothetical question here: if you had been given the choice to kill or to spare Vlad, what would you have done? I would have spared him purely in the hope of there being more dickhead-yokel dialogue. Or, perhaps I could turn the tables on him and make him ride the L-train so I'm nat seen with his peasant ass driving his doirty car like a dumb yokel, hahahaha!

Jeansowaty

I would definitely spare him. He did not explicably try to kill Niko or Roman. I wonder how he would act like after these events. Would he back off or would he send Faustin after Niko?

Official General
8 hours ago, GiveMeLiberty78 said:

I just noticed your attire, nice. I personally quite like Niko's fresh-off-the-boat appearance; declassé in a stylish sorta way.

Back to the original topic, and a hypothetical question here: if you had been given the choice to kill or to spare Vlad, what would you have done? I would have spared him purely in the hope of there being more dickhead-yokel dialogue. Or, perhaps I could turn the tables on him and make him ride the L-train so I'm nat seen with his peasant ass driving his doirty car like a dumb yokel, hahahaha!

Personally I would have spared Vlad if given the choice. He was more of petty bully and mouthy fool than a brutal, cold-hearted enemy that would have deserved death. But I guess he had to die, or else he'd have still been picking on Roman, if Niko had let him live.