4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
SilverRST

Advice needed for a new TV

SilverRST
Posted (edited)

So my lovely LG plasma TV is out of the house and now I have to buy a new TV. Obviously plasma no longer exists so most are LCD and OLED.

Q/OLED is out of question, too expensive so it would be LCD LED one. I've been searching a lot of reviews and info's and I found some nice TV's but the one that got my interest is the LG 49UJ6340V. However, I read about banding, or vertical lines in fast paced image like football and action movies and also Dirty Screen Effect. How common is that? And does banding only happen on 4K or also on FHD or bigger screens? I'd like to get a 49" or 50" TV, smart sh*t is not needed I think, not sure about my family wanna watch some YT/netflix and I live in the Netherlands, max budget is €550.

So can anyone recommend me a good TV? Blacks are also important so not black being grey.

EDIT

It seems some things has changed and I'm thinking to crank up my budget to a max of €1000.

So what about the LG 55EG9A7V?

Edited by SilverRST

HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)

i have the LG 49UJ something, dont know if it is the exact same model, but from google pics, it looks the same.

i have been only using it for Netflix/ PS4 (RIP) while im on the PC and it looks like a good image to me, im not really picky tbh and  never noticed any problem

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

AiraCobra

I have the 65" Samsung  4K Ultra HD TV with HDR MU6290 Series Smart TV - 2160p and I only paid  $799.99USD which is around €610.99 so your budget of €1000,00 is actually more than you need for that price you could get one of the biggest TV on the market.

But I degress, I love my Samsung Smart TV, we use it for everything Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Pandora, Vudu, I have an External Hard Drive plugged into it giving us access to thousands of Movies and TV Shows I have installed on the HDD.

SilverRST
On 7/20/2018 at 9:27 PM, charliegomes said:

1>  Sony Smart TV Oled or led.

2> LG 55EG9A7V (according to your budget it is a great option)

For detailed specification go to Netgear Powerline support

If Sony, which one? Smart TV is an Andriod version which gives me the ability to install apps from Google Play Store like VLC Player or MX Player to watch mkv's with subtitles from USB stick or portable HDD? Otherwise I can go for the LG 55EG9A7V. I've seen a lot of LED-LCD TV's and the blacks simply suck in dimmed room or evening/nights. I'll buy new curtains which darkens the room a lot to protect the OLED TV from direct sunlight in summers. 4K/HDR is not important.

13 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

I have the 65" Samsung  4K Ultra HD TV with HDR MU6290 Series Smart TV - 2160p and I only paid  $799.99USD which is around €610.99 so your budget of €1000,00 is actually more than you need for that price you could get one of the biggest TV on the market.

But I degress, I love my Samsung Smart TV, we use it for everything Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Pandora, Vudu, I have an External Hard Drive plugged into it giving us access to thousands of Movies and TV Shows I have installed on the HDD.

We'll use the TV too for a lot of stuff like you, movies, Netflix, Youtube, watching TV and movies from externel drives like USB and or portable HDD.

The MU6290 seems to be an US version. Which Europe version is it? It seems to be the UE65MU6100, that one €999 from a very reputable webstore.

The UE55MU6100 is €652.

AiraCobra
On 7/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, SilverRST said:

If Sony, which one? Smart TV is an Andriod version which gives me the ability to install apps from Google Play Store like VLC Player or MX Player to watch mkv's with subtitles from USB stick or portable HDD? Otherwise I can go for the LG 55EG9A7V. I've seen a lot of LED-LCD TV's and the blacks simply suck in dimmed room or evening/nights. I'll buy new curtains which darkens the room a lot to protect the OLED TV from direct sunlight in summers. 4K/HDR is not important.

We'll use the TV too for a lot of stuff like you, movies, Netflix, Youtube, watching TV and movies from externel drives like USB and or portable HDD.

The MU6290 seems to be an US version. Which Europe version is it? It seems to be the UE65MU6100, that one €999 from a very reputable webstore.

The UE55MU6100 is €652.

I was just using that one as an example because it's the one I have but just simply look around for something that fits all of your needs but I would definitely recommend Samsung, I have never had any issues with their brand.

Don't just check electronic stores as they tend to charge higher prices because they can as people sometimes buy TVs on impulse and when they find a TV they like they want it NOW and want that instant gratification but check if you check Amazon you might be able to find it cheaper and you'll get it within 2 days anyways.

SilverRST
Posted (edited)

For stuff like big eletronics, I'd like to purchase it from webstores within my country, so Amazon is a bit different and not sure how they handle with warranty.

Anyway, yester-evening I purchased the LG 55EG9A7V and it got delivered today. I can't stand the LED LCD which makes black grey and possibly backlight bleeds from IPS screens, it's seems to be very common and also washy colors/viewing angles. My uncle his Samsung 55" TV has it and my parents their LG 55UJ630V too, so OLED TV for me. Plasma still superior but they don't produce plasma TV's anymore just because resolution can't go higher than FHD?

The LG 55EG9A7V is a FHD without HDR and 4K, which I'm very very sure we won't use/need them. And it's €949.

Edited by SilverRST

AiraCobra

I've never had that issue with my Samsung maybe I just got lucky or it just might be a defect that affects so many TV's out of a lot....iDK

Unlike brick and mortar stores Amazon doesn't offer extended warranties but sometimes a third party company will offer one which you add to your cart at the time of purchase but just like brick and mortar stores any item you buy is also covered under the manufacturer warranty so even if Amazon doesn't offer the third party warranties the manufacturer already has one attached to the product just need to check it out before you buy tho as some only offer 90 days while other offer 365 days