3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GroveStreetOG92

Grove Street Families graffiti in Las Ventura? [PS2]

GroveStreetOG92

Has anyone else seen "OGF" graffiti through out certain areas in the Las Ventura neighborhoods? It's not a Tag that you spray over it's just regular gang graffiti.

Edited by lil weasel

Evil empire

Pic?

lil weasel

Stopping to consider it. GSF had no turff, so I would not expect any.

Also, it is now strange to think that in Every city everywhere, there is "someone" who has to vandalize property with their personal mark, if nothing else. So, all of the State of San Andreas is unique in its visual cleanliness.

Motherstep

Lore aside, it's likely the graffiti is labeled as a generic texture. It probably wasn't given much thought because on the surface, it just looks like a tag.

As far as the lore goes? Depends how old the tag is. Sure, GSF don't have influence in LV but how much of a spit in the face would it be to leave your mark in a neighbouring city to show how powerful you are? You certainly wouldn't see a car full of OGs roll down Redsands in 1992, but years prior I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little outing for them.

lil weasel

What lore?

Motherstep

I use "lore" to provide an in-game explanation should the graffiti be there. It's easy to explain from a technical point of view, because it's just a texture. However, I like to also provide a reason why it might be there from the game's perspective.

LongLiveJojo

This could be possible, however impossible technically, CJ went to Las Venturas and did work there for some time, unknown however.

Maybe CJ himself tagged something up in LV.

Edited by LongLiveJojo

lil weasel
7 hours ago, ∴ said:

I use "lore" to provide an in-game explanation should the graffiti be there. It's easy to explain from a technical point of view, because it's just a texture. However, I like to also provide a reason why it might be there from the game's perspective.

So, the use of "Lore" is really meaning "Myth" in this instance.? (Since there appear to be No GSF tags... in Los Venturas)

Inadequate

Can you post an screenshot of it, please?

SpicyDragon

Well after looking around all of Las Venturas and some rural towns I have deduced that this myth is busted as false

GroveStreetOG92

First off I don't have any reason to lie. 2nd I don't have any photos at the moment. 3rd I'm literally 1,116 miles away from home and don't have my PS2 with me. Call me a liar all you want but their is definitely a bunch of "OGF" graffiti in Las Ventura I remember it being behind some buildings near the freeway. THIS IS ON PS2 VERSION BTW IDK ABOUT ANY OTHER VERSIONS. 

On 7/5/2018 at 7:52 AM, LongLiveJojo said:

This could be possible, however impossible technically, CJ went to Las Venturas and did work there for some time, unknown however.

I don't necessarily think CJ did it himself. However I do believe OGF was going to have gang turf in Las Ventura because in the real Las Vegas its very gang ridden and Crips and Pirus have been out there since the 70s originated by different L.A. sets that ended up going to Vegas starting new chapters. So the "OGF" tag in Las Ventura isnt for the Groves in Ganton but would be for the Groves in Las Ventura. That's what I think. 

Big_Smiley

Slight bumb in OP's topic.

I think I just found a similar tag just like OP @GroveStreetOG92 mentioned about OGF. It's one of those perment markings that reads Grove ST. Pic was indeed taken in Las Venturas just behind the Binco near the Hospital next the the Airport. So GSF tags in LV confirmed? How the hell have I not seen this before until now?

NOTE: Pictures are from the "Original" PS2 version of SA. In short the first edtion with all that hot coffe crap etc... Can anyone else confrim these tags are present in other versions?? Like Xbox or PC

OGe9n8s.jpg

s13HGho.jpg

This seems a little strange to me. Was GSF actually supposed to have turf in LV?? The only gang that I recall from the beta were the Mafia and their presence along with their turf wars were cut early in the game. But why would GSF have tags here?? Like I mentioned how the hell did I not see this before. Not even when I was creating GSF and Balla territory In LV years back. Even while using the "Flying out the map glitch" to unlock all gang territories. Can anyone else confrim there's more GSF graffiti around LV? 

As a matter of fact, OP never submmited this OGF graffit. So if he's correct It's got to be somewhere in that area.

@SpicyDragon: I think we can lable this now as "True". And should this really be a labeled as myth?? I still find it strange I have never seen these specific graffitis in LV.

Edited by Big_Smiley

Vanzant

Thanks for the Pic @Big_Smiley i'm sure it's on all versions. I'm way too lazy to get out another console just to check.

It's definitely an awesome find, however...it's a second texture and not part of the building which means it was probably made for Los Santos. I looked around LS a while and couldn't find one like it.

Simply_Wasted
1 hour ago, Vanzant said:

Thanks for the Pic @Big_Smiley i'm sure it's on all versions. I'm way too lazy to get out another console just to check.

That's the problem though, If I'm correct I think GSF graffiti in LV doesn't appear on other versions. If I'm also correct the location where Smiley took the picture is the wall the exact wall behind bincos store right along the Airport as he mentioned, I think that spot doesn't have the unique GSF tag but replaced with random graffiti I'm almost sure of it. Damn it!! I'm at friends house right now so I can't check right now. But I'm almost sure of it. I don't remember seeing that graffit on the Xbox versions...Gonna have to check back :bored:

E-Forgot to mention I have no Idea about OP's OGF graffiti. Can't confirm these mysterious tags without seeing another version of the game.

Edited by Simply_Wasted

perennial

PC version, I have a different generic graffiti there:

Spoiler

Pe2K30I.png

Simply_Wasted
9 hours ago, perennial said:

PC version, I have a different generic graffiti there:

Reveal hidden contents

Pe2K30I.png

Damn!?! I freaking new It! I knew that spot looked different as far as playing the original Xbox version I played I didn't have that gsf graffiti there. I've been to that binco store many times In LV but couldn't remember the exact tag. Read somewhere that some users saw many other graffit in LV regarding Gsf (Mabye even what OP mentioned) But once again that was only on PS2. I was lazy as hell getting home from work to look where I have my original Xbox port of SA, so I just popped in the 360 version. Got the same thing in that exact location :harrumph:

tROz34wr.jpg

So I think at this point really If one spots actual Gang grafitti In LV It's on the PS2 versions of the game. I'm not sure why this is the case though? Mabye R* just patched and took out those tags and replaced with these here shown in my Picture and above my post^^. It's pretty unique though seeing gang graffiti in LV though, especially Gsf tags. As far as I know Groves never had influence in LV, that's what the mafia was there for but that specific gang was cut.

Big_Smiley
2 hours ago, Simply_Wasted said:

So I think at this point really If one spots actual Gang grafitti In LV It's on the PS2 versions of the game. I'm not sure why this is the case though? Mabye R* just patched and took out those tags and replaced with these here shown in my Picture and above my post^^. It's pretty unique though seeing gang graffiti in LV though, especially Gsf tags. As far as I know Groves never had influence in LV, that's what the mafia was there for but that specific gang was cut.

If these graffities were only in the PS2 versions then that explains why nobody here believed the OP @GroveStreetOG92 that he saw these in LV. This is interesting though seems like R* did indeed change them. Probably the same goes for the other tags in LV. Again the most likely the reason these weren't seen in other versions leading to other users not believing the OP. I have yet to check out the "OGF" graffiti though, Going to check that out later and possibably find other hidden graffiti textures.

Edited by Big_Smiley

Motherstep

It looks oddly familiar. I feel like I've seen this tag around Santa Maria beach but I can't be 100%. I'm not in a position to check at the moment either.

Interesting stuff.

Official General
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, ∴ said:

Lore aside, it's likely the graffiti is labeled as a generic texture. It probably wasn't given much thought because on the surface, it just looks like a tag.

As far as the lore goes? Depends how old the tag is. Sure, GSF don't have influence in LV but how much of a spit in the face would it be to leave your mark in a neighbouring city to show how powerful you are? You certainly wouldn't see a car full of OGs roll down Redsands in 1992, but years prior I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little outing for them.

Well Bloods and Crips have been present and operating in Las Vegas since the late 1980s. Based on that, it's more than plausible to see gang members rolling around the streets of Las Venturas. And remember there were supposed to be gang territories in LV and SF that had been left out of the final build of the game. 

GroveStreetOG92
13 hours ago, Official General said:

Well Bloods and Crips have been present and operating in Las Vegas since the late 1980s. Based on that, it's more than plausible to see gang members rolling around the streets of Las Venturas. And remember there were supposed to be gang territories in LV and SF that had been left out of the final build of the game. 

Actually Crips and Bloods been present in Las Vegas since 70s the Donna St. Crips and Gerson Park Kingsmen are the oldest along with Playboy bloods. I live in LV.

Edited by GroveStreetOG92

GroveStreetOG92

I found the graffiti texture in Las Ventura's that reads "Grove Street" can someone tell me how to upload a photo?

GroveStreetOG92
2 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

How To Post An Image on GTAForums

NOTE: In the new forum theme, you do not need to use BBcode: 

[img][/img]

Simply paste the link of the image you have uploaded on the online image sharing site (imgur for instance) inside the reply box

I'm having issues uploading the photo from my mobile device homie. I tryna get this pic out there. 

Official General
4 hours ago, GroveStreetOG92 said:

Actually Crips and Bloods been present in Las Vegas since 70s the Donna St. Crips and Gerson Park Kingsmen are the oldest along with Playboy bloods. I live in LV.

There you go, even more reason to have street gangs in Las Venturas !

Motherstep

Alternatively, let me know where it is and I'll have a look, I've got some time. For context, I'm playing the PS4 port.

EDIT: I decided to hop on regardless and have a look. I found the same location. Apologies for the potato quality.

zwJ47SV.jpg

I then decided to try and find other uses of it. The first one is just around the corner from Old Reese's. The second is right next door to the Pay N' Spray in Verona Beach.

2m7WTsz.jpg

KxvnV3G.jpg

Based on this, I'm sure it's dotted about all over. It might even crop up in San Fierro.

Motherstep

Yep, judging by the photo and the radar, we've all found the same one. I've also confirmed it isn't a unique texture. Part of me wants to map where else this graffiti appears in the game but that's a lot of work for next to no pay-off. Curious that it was replaced in at least one other version though.

AxA

I don't think so.

CHARMANDER50
On 7/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, LongLiveJojo said:

O Mon dieu !

Tagging  up turf in LV huh GSF , which LV gang is responsible for 

the tag.

Wolff

Interesting difference with the PS2 version that hasn't been widely known before!

Big_Smiley
5 hours ago, Wolff said:

Interesting difference with the PS2 version that hasn't been widely known before!

Seems like that GSF graffiti was seen frequently around LS in the original PS2 versions, while the texture was completely removed for future releases. Unkown why though :dozing: