Why do people hate on GTA 5 ?

Does GTA 5 really deserve the hate ?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Hate GTA 5 ?

• Yes
    • No

Mr_Long
Posted (edited)

Alright fine I understand that having the story revolve around the protagonist is worse than having it focused on the side characters. But some people need to stop hating on this game. In reality the expectations were way too high to meet for this game and it was heavily limited by last gen hardware. Sure they re-released it on next-gen and PC, but it was ported.

When GTA 4 came out people were mad since the 3D characters couldn't return and the realism. Also the lack of customization in the game. You can't be mad at rockstar, cause they were listening to what people were complaining about in GTA 4. It seems like thats what everyone forgets when they hate on GTA 5. The driving was simplified because of this and also the game was less serious since people didn't like that. I look back at old post from 2009 and people say Gta 4 was worse than San Andreas and Vice city.

Like Toward Howard said for fallout 4 you just can't please everyone. Every gaming community is split, because people have different ideas. It feels as if some people troll themselves by saying Gta 5 is more boring than GTA 4. I get it people are also mad since the lack of interiors which I'm mad at too. It sucks that they lock interiors after missions in GTA 5, but enjoy the game for what it is. It seems like people can't play a game without comparing heavily to other games. 

Red dead redemption 2 will be the same. Everyone will compare it a bunch to how the 2010 version was. But imagine playing GTA 5 without it having the triple A name attached to it. Do you think people would hate on the game as much ? No of course not.

Same with Fallout 4 and how it streamlined most RPG elements. If it wasn't part of the fallout series it might of gotten better reviews.

Just please not hate on GTA 5 blindly. Rockstar just tried listening to community feedback from GTA 4, and now people try comparing GTA 5 to other games rather than trying to enjoy the game. I'm not defending GTA 5, I'm just trying to see why people hate GTA 5 when some of those people are the same that hated GTA 4 when that came out.

Edited by Mr_Long

Darkshadows

Well instead of improving over GTA IV they actually removed many details that made the world feel more alive and real (*cough* *cough* crowbcat's video)

Still... I understand where you're coming from, most people didn't really like IV, in fact sometimes it seems the only place where people like IV is here because even IRL I've asked people what they think about IV and all of them think V and SA are better than IV. So what you're saying is true, Rockstar just listened to the audience and they delivered.

I hope they can achieve a perfect balance for the next title.

HeySlickThatsMe

*GTA 6 Comes out*

"GTA V was better!"

Dryspace

M_Long, please! Spare me Todd Howard's "you just can't please everyone".

People expect specific things from a specific game (series). There are many, many different types of games out there, and the reason a person likes one particular game is usually because of the ways in which it is different from all of the others.

When a developer takes an established series and fundamentally changes it--makes it less like the unique experience it was and more like every other offering available--those who bought and loved the game in the past very reasonably do not appreciate it. Especially when they know for a fact that it was not done in order to make a better game, but simply to make more money by appealing to a wider audience.

Is making money bad? Not in the least bit. If a developer was forced to appeal to a wider audience in order to garner enough profit just to stay in business, that is understandable. One may not be happy about it, but how can one really complain when the alternative is closing up shop?

But deliberately "dumbing down" a game, not out of necessity, but for simple greed is despicable in my opinion. To make myself clear: I don't think there is any problem with a company making as much money as it possibly can--as long as it is making the best product it possibly can. That is not what we are seeing with instances like Fallout 4.

So when people say of the latest "dumbed down" game, "They're just trying to appeal to more people; how is that a bad thing?", I say that it is a bad thing in much the same way that a candidate for office compromising his values in order to appeal to a wider audience is a bad thing.

D9fred95

Fallout 4, in spite of my enjoyment of it, wasn't a good addition to Fallout lore. Not being able to please everybody doesn't excuse stuff like a kid living in a fridge for 210 years with no food or that T-60 PA exists in droves when every single previous installment didn't even hint at it existing whatsoever.

Do I hate GTA V? No, but it dropped the ball in areas. Things to do, the personalities and motivations of certain characters, the fact that despite the map being the largest in the series a lot of it goes unused.

Those folks saying that we will say that "GTA V is great compared to VI" making it seem hypocritical, it acts like enjoying a thing in a previous installment compared to a future installment means that we're fanboying over the older one or something. It is in fact possible to enjoy a previous installment for something while still enjoying the future one. People enjoyed IV's story more than V's, unless VI's story is absolute dogsh*t (i.e. Ride to Hell Retribution's story) I doubt they'll change their mind much. Call it a cycle but that's just how it is.

ThatBenGuy

Do I hate GTA 5? No. But do I think it’s not as good as 3, VC, SA, 4, and EFLC? The answer is yes. Hate would be a very big and long stretch. Dislike pretty much would be too. I think it’s good but definitely nothing that special. With the characters, storyline, missions, etc., the game was pretty much an underachiever, meaning that they could do better than they did. Also, I like 5 more than 1, 2, Online, CTW, Advance, and others that I don’t even consider part of the series, lol. 

Algonquin Assassin
2 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

Those folks saying that we will say that "GTA V is great compared to VI" making it seem hypocritical, it acts like enjoying a thing in a previous installment compared to a future installment means that we're fanboying over the older one or something. It is in fact possible to enjoy a previous installment for something while still enjoying the future one. People enjoyed IV's story more than V's, unless VI's story is absolute dogsh*t (i.e. Ride to Hell Retribution's story) I doubt they'll change their mind much. Call it a cycle but that's just how it is.

I've always found this mindset to be somewhat amusing because it gives the impression some people are really just insecure about their own feelings of the game and how others perceive it. Back in 2008 when it was GTA IV under the spotlight it never crossed my mind that once GTA V released everyone would start loving GTA IV because it didn't matter as long as I did.

People are naturally going to compare the latest title with the predecessor so yeah in 3-4 years time or whenever GTA VI finally hits the shelves it'll probably be GTA V fans going at it with GTA VI fans and us GTA IV, San Andreas, Vice City folk etc will most likely be the observers. 

Anyway as for the question no I don't hate GTA V. I dislike certain aspects of it, but I don't "hate" it. The best way I'd describe GTA V is a mixed bag. It done a great job of fixing the economy system, implementing the best vehicle customisation the series has had so far, incredible attention to detail etc,  but then there's the half assed-ness feeling of the properties, the watered down physics, not that many side missions for multiple protagonists etc.

It's a good game. In fact I'd say it's very good if I'm being generous. I just don't think it's a great one like GTA IV, Vice City, TLAD and GTA III.

Am Shaegar
Posted (edited)

I don't hate GTA V that brought back what was missing from GTA ever since HD Era begun. Though I have certainly developed a strong hatred for Rockstar and its Online obsession. What a bunch of greedy f*ckers they have become. I don't like to abuse anyone but Rockstar has totally broke my trust as a fan. I just don't like them anymore.

Anyways coming to the reasons why people hate V:🤔

1. It was not IV 2.0

2. The cops and the reasons of getting an instant wanted stars has definitely put off many people. 

3. No SP DLC.

Edited by Am Shaegar
removed the points not needed, as point 1 sums it up.

Jack Lupino

As said buy the poster above.

I think most of the GTA5 hate stemmed from Rockstar becoming greedy assholes in Online and Not giving us any Single Player DLCs.

Which i agree with.

Otherwise i see no reason to hate this beautiful game.It brought back so many features from classic gtas which was missing in previous HD era titles.

Older gta fans can connect with this game.

With that being said;however some folks here (particularly fanboys of a certain game from 2008) have some blind illogical hatred about this game cuz they are jealous their favorite game wasnt as well recieved as 5.You shouldnt really take their opinions as true reasons to hate GTA 5.

anthony
Posted (edited)

Anyways coming to the reasons why people hate V:🤔

1. It was not IV 2.0

2. The cops and the reasons of getting an instant wanted stars has definitely put off many people. 

3. No SP DLC.

That's a very poor way to explain why people do not like GTA 5, especially your first point. Actually, that's really low.

Otherwise i see no reason to hate this beautiful game.It brought back so many features from classic gtas which was missing in previous HD era titles.

Older gta fans can connect with this game.

With that being said;however some folks here (particularly fanboys of a certain game from 2008) have some blind illogical hatred about this game cuz they are jealous their favorite game wasnt as well recieved as 5.You shouldnt really take their opinions as true reasons to hate GTA 5.

Why does it seem you are insecure about your opinion?

Edited by anthony

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

1)Too Much Online. GTA 5 was ambitious unlike the previous entry and wanted to have everything. Online, Underwater, Customization,... But ended up having half assed stuff in some areas especially because of online. Had it not been for online many of these things could have been done properly. I don't have problems with online but it got TOO much attention. Still this game did a lot of things right. It brought back the GTA style some many people missed and know and love. Now it's getting unfair sh*t for the flaws. Every GTA and Every game has flaws but this one being the newest gets the most sh*t. It does not have flaws as much as some of the previous titles but being the newest always makes things the center of attention. 

2)IV fanboys spreading hatred throughout the world to feel better about the game they love. The game that was bashed since 2008 for its lacking compared to SA. IV fans went through some deep hard times to defend their favorite game through their time so now they have a chance to get revenge on sth else. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Am Shaegar
21 minutes ago, anthony said:

That's a very poor way to explain why people do not like GTA 5, especially your first point. Actually, that's really low.

The last two points are commonly seen and many people have expressed their disappointment in this regard, though I don't mean to say they hate the game itself, but ceryain aspects ABOUT the game.

Regarding the first point - It is a part of the culture I have experienced many times, when I point out the many issues in a GTA game, people somewhow feel "...my criticisms are not based upon any legitimate issues about [insert any GTA] but moreso because I expected another SA 2.0"

For some reason they always feel that people who criticise (or hate) IV are mostly expecting just another SA 2.0 version.

Based on the complaints I have been reading about V, I do get the sense of the same from the other side, though I am not saying everyone is part of this group.

Algonquin Assassin
2 hours ago, anthony said:

Why does it seem you are insecure about your opinion?

I like the part where he assumes it's jealously from GTA IV fans and their opinions shouldn't be listened to. 

CharliesHead

Am I the only person on this forum who hasn’t played IV and doesn’t think V was that good?

Anyways, like others, I don’t hate V. I had fun playing it. There’s a reason it’s still on my computer despite the space it’s taking. But I found the story, characters, and missions to just not stack up to the 9/10 and 10/10 review scores I was seeing all over the internet. 

TheSantader25

Gameplay can make up for sh*t story however story can't make up for sh*t gameplay since we're playing a 'video game' 

Crossbones

Do I hate this game ? The answer is NO. Are there any other games in the series which I prefer over V ? Yes. 

GTA V is a very good game and like every other game, it has flaws and gets criticized for it and it's upto you to term it as criticism or hate. It has the best graphics in the series, bigger map to explore, lot of off-mission fun, customization and much more. It is fun to play.

But, saying that the 'community struck in 08' is spreading hate all over the WORLD 'cause we are jealous of V's success is just laughable. Seriously, how you can come up with these reasons. People saying, we hate V because it was not IV 2.0, are the same people hating IV for not been SA 2.0, so cut that bullsh*t, everyone has their own tastes and choices. 

anthony
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

The last two points are commonly seen and many people have expressed their disappointment in this regard

That's still cheap to list these three reasons like this and say 'That's why people hate GTA 5"

What about the 

The lack of interiors.

The watered down Euphoria and vehicles damage.

The dumb AI who is dumber than the 3D era.

The sloppy wanted system.

The lack of sub missions and activities and mini-game.

I mean some people hate GTA 5 just like that because of the SP DLC, but hey, the base game has already issues, real issues.

Edited by anthony

Am Shaegar

That's not the complete list. I simply shared the "most common" ones. 

anthony

The only one that is really common is 'the lack of SP DLC'. 

That's not the complete list

Then 

Anyways coming to a few reasons why people hate don't like V:

would have been clearer, more precise.

Am Shaegar

The topic is about the things that people hate. Most of the things, including the points you have listed are not necessarily something that I would like to associate them with "hate". 

I find them as reasons to dislike about the game. Hate is completely different. Something that is a constant nuisance, or bothers you so much that it completely puts you off from playing the game iself.

Its not a big list, and like I said, I wasn't sharing a complete list but there could be some things that I may have missed which people will share as and when they notice the topic.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, anthony said:

That's still cheap to list these three reasons like this and say 'That's why people hate GTA 5"

What about the 

The lack of interiors.

The watered down Euphoria and vehicles damage.

The dumb AI who is dumber than the 3D era.

The sloppy wanted system.

The lack of sub missions and activities and mini-game.

I mean some people hate GTA 5 just like that because of the SP DLC, but hey, the base game has already issues, real issues.

The interiors in V are well-designed and diverse but locked. The thing is R* must be crazy to create such interiors just to lock them . it's clearly the hardware limitations of last-gen. 

The AI dumber than 3D era? Are you dumb? Here's what I'm saying OverExaggerating bullsh*t. 

The Vehicle damage is far better than IV. People put armor on their vehicles then say the damage is ridiculous. Take a stock car and damage it and see it for yourself. The euphoria physics are the only dumbed down thing here. Sub-missions and activities in this game are a lot. It takes a long time to REAL %100 the game. This game HAS many more activities than IV both on and off mission. 

Edited by TheSantader25

anthony
Posted (edited)

The interiors in V are well-designed and diverse

Off-topic

it's clearly the hardware limitations of last-gen

Locked interiors are still loaded, so it has nothing to do with limitations.

The AI dumber than 3D era? Are you dumb? Here's what I'm saying OverExaggerating bullsh*t.

• If I stand beside cops in III, VC and SA I do not get a wanted level nor get killed by them.
  • If I stand beside NPCs (excluding gang members) in III, VC and SA they do not get afraid and do not called the cops on me nor insult me and start to fight.
  • If I have one wanted level in VC and SA the cops will use a nightstick.
  • Cops in VC and SA can chase criminal on foot, while using a nightstick or pistol.
  • Gang members in SA can be seen doing gang signs to the cops and opposite gang member.
  • Female and male NPCs in SA can try to flirt with each other.
  • NPCs couple in SA can hold their hands.
  • NPCs in SA can say hello and start an actual conversation with each other.
  • NPCs in SA can make comments about what clothes C.J wear and if he is skinny, fat or muscular. 
  • Gang / mob members in III and Vice City can shoot opposite gangs members and cops on sight. (In SA, gang members notice the cops, but do not shoot at them on sight. I think they do shoot other gang members, not sure.)
  • If NPCs in SA get crashed in, they can chase you to f*ck up your car, they can exit their car and come at you to f*ck you up, with a shovel, pistol, knife whatever weapons the NPCs have.
  • NPCs criminal in SA can steal car.
  • NPCs in SA can buy drugs from drugs dealer.
  • Random NPCs in SA can be seen assaulting the cops on foot and in vehicles.
  • Cops in III, VC and SA are roaming the street on foot and patrol car.
  • Paramedic in VC and SA actually revive dead NPCs.

I'm sure I forgot some things.

The Vehicle damage is far better than IV. People put armor on their vehicles then say the damage is ridiculous. Take a stock car and damage it and see it for yourself.

5Id2IE.gif

bLaRj1.gif

Sub-missions and activities in this game are a lot. It takes a long time to REAL %100 the game. This game HAS many more activities than IV both on and off mission. 

Did I talked about GTA 4 only ?

Let's take a look at 

GTA SA

Paramedic Missions

Firefighter Missions

Vigilante Missions

Pimping Missions

Robbery Missions

Freight Missions

Valet Parking (asset missions)

Trucker Missions (asset missions)

Quarry (asset missions)

8-Track (stadium)

Blood Ring (stadium)

Kickstart (stadium)

BMX (hidden challenge)

NRG-500 (hidden challenge)

Roboi's Food Mart (courier missions)

Hippy Shopper (courier missions)

Burger Shot (courier missions)

Chiliad Challenges (3 challenges)

Gym fighting

Import / Export

Driving school

Bike school

Boat school

Girlfriend system 

Pool

Gambling (blackjack, video poker, wheel of fortune) 

Inside Track Betting (bet on horses)

Basket-Ball

Arcade Gaming

Low-rider Challenge

Dancing mini-game

Gang wars 

GTA 5 

Arms Trafficking Air / Ground

Property Management

Sea Races

Hunting

Towing

Under the Bridge

Knife Flights

Yoga

Bail Bonds (Bounty Hunting)

Darts

Golf

Tennis

Parachuting

Rampages

Armored Van Robberies

Epsilon Tracts

49 Random Events

Edited by anthony

Tycek
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how exactly locking up the interiors was caused by hardware limitations of next-gen. It was very bad design choice if anything, Since the old consoles were somehow able to display entire map and ocean bed without problems, interiors like Tequila-la wouldn't break them. 

And vehicle damage is dumbed down in comparison to IV, unfortunately. Just take any car from the street and hit a concrete wall at the high speed and you'll get some scratches at best. In IV you would destroy much more of your vehicle by doing the same. Sure the IV system wasn't perfect and some of the effects were highly exaggerated, but it was miles ahead of V damage. Maybe the damage system was improved in current-gen (I've played only Xbox 360 version), but from what I heard, it was even more limited in some areas (roof and door of the vehicle) due to first person view.

My standard song when such question is asked.

Do I hate the game? No. Do I like it? No. Will I came back to it? Definitely no. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad game and in comparison to many titles released each year it was really well made and great game. But it was such a let down that I finished it barely twice and second time was only done due to a bug that blocked me from getting 100% in first playthrough. R* with all their money, experience and knowledge could make the best GTA in the world, GTA that would blow any past title of the water, GTA that allow me to never get back to IV, VC, VCS and any other titles I've played and loved. What did we get instead? Shallow game serving only as a aperitif to main dish - Online. Game considered by R* themselves as a disowned red-headed step child, if they couldn't even fix the bugs that are in the game since the premiere, instead focusing on releasing overpriced crap for Online. We were meant to get DLCs (announced by R*), yet these were scrapped and released as a part of Online content as well. So what should love the game for? For short story, full of shallow characters, dumbed down physics, inconsistent soundtrack, lack of any fun? Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather force myself to replay San Andreas again, despite the fact it aged rather badly than play this sour candy.  

Edited by Tycek

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, anthony said:

Off-topic

Locked interiors are still loaded, so it has nothing to do with limitations.

• If I stand beside cops in III, VC and SA I do not get a wanted level nor get killed by them.
  • If I stand beside NPCs (excluding gang members) in III, VC and SA they do not get afraid and do not called the cops on me nor insult me and start to fight.
  • If I have one wanted level in VC and SA the cops will use a nightstick.
  • Cops in VC and SA can chase criminal on foot, while using a nightstick or pistol.
  • Gang members in SA can be seen doing gang signs to the cops and opposite gang member.
  • Female and male NPCs in SA can try to flirt with each other.
  • NPCs couple in SA can hold their hands.
  • NPCs in SA can say hello and start an actual conversation with each other.
  • NPCs in SA can make comments about what clothes C.J wear and if he is skinny, fat or muscular. 
  • Gang / mob members in III and Vice City can shoot opposite gangs members and cops on sight. (In SA, gang members notice the cops, but do not shoot at them on sight. I think they do shoot other gang members, not sure.)
  • If NPCs in SA get crashed in, they can chase you to f*ck up your car, they can exit their car and come at you to f*ck you up, with a shovel, pistol, knife whatever weapons the NPCs have.
  • NPCs criminal in SA can steal car.
  • NPCs in SA can buy drugs from drugs dealer.
  • Random NPCs in SA can be seen assaulting the cops on foot and in vehicles.
  • Cops in III, VC and SA are roaming the street on foot and patrol car.
  • Paramedic in VC and SA actually revive dead NPCs.

I'm sure I forgot some things.

5Id2IE.gif

bLaRj1.gif

Did I talked about GTA 4 only ?

Hide contents

Let's take a look at 

GTA SA

Hide contents

Paramedic Missions

Firefighter Missions

Vigilante Missions

Pimping Missions

Robbery Missions

Freight Missions

Valet Parking (asset missions)

Trucker Missions (asset missions)

Quarry (asset missions)

8-Track (stadium)

Blood Ring (stadium)

Kickstart (stadium)

BMX (hidden challenge)

NRG-500 (hidden challenge)

Roboi's Food Mart (courier missions)

Hippy Shopper (courier missions)

Burger Shot (courier missions)

Chiliad Challenges (3 challenges)

Gym fighting

Import / Export

Driving school

Bike school

Boat school

Girlfriend system 

Pool

Gambling (blackjack, video poker, wheel of fortune) 

Inside Track Betting (bet on horses)

Basket-Ball

Arcade Gaming

Low-rider Challenge

Dancing mini-game

Gang wars 

GTA 5 

Hide contents

Arms Trafficking Air / Ground

Property Management

Sea Races

Hunting

Towing

Under the Bridge

Knife Flights

Yoga

Bail Bonds (Bounty Hunting)

Darts

Golf

Tennis

Parachuting

Rampages

Armored Van Robberies

Epsilon Tracts

49 Random Events

So you do hate this game. How is the 2nd game in terms of activities in the series(by your logic)  getting all the bash. So by your logic everything except SA has low amount of activities. You hate it so much that you forgot some stuff from V and made some of the stuff from SA who fall in the same category(courier missions and stadium) separated so it feels bigger. 

Alright you want this? Let's go. 

First you forgot:

Store hold ups

Street Races

Offroad Races

Flight School

Shooting Range(also missing from your SA list) 

Strangers and freaks(70+)

Friend Activities(includes Dialogue despite lacking progression(like) system) 

Secret WEED farm takeover

Add these to your list please

Also 49 random events alone is a lot

Now the AI

-the AI in GTA V is aggressive thus will kill you if you touch them however, you say if you STAND BESIDE THEM THEY WILL KILL YOU(if that's not exaggerated then what is?) 

-police will arrest the character at one star if the player surrenders. They will not shoot. If you think otherwise you've only played GTA O. 

-If you start a burnout with a sports car next to the AI in another good car they will start to race you after the lights go green

-NPCs in V can be heard having conversations. Some even talk on phone about their daily business. 

-NPCs can be found doing regular activities such as fixing the road.

-cops may pull an injured colleague behind a car to avoid more damage. 

-cops can be found chasing criminals in their vehicle other than you in the streets. 

-if you crash into some NPCs they will get out to pull you out and fight you. 

-if you crash into gang members they will chase you with their car to f*ck you up. 

-if walk to a gang territory while havin 3 or less wanted stars the gang may help you with cops but if you have 4 or more stars they will escape the scene. 

-NPCs will comment about your car if it's upgraded or if it's a high end vehicle. Some take photos as well. 

-NPCs may attempt to film your crime.

-if it starts raining, NPCs will walm faster and try to squeeze themselves. 

-how can paramedics revive DEAD people in real life. This has always been unrealistic. We have yet to see paramedics help INJURED people. Paramedics in V do show up just to write some notes which is realistic. 

I'm sure there are things I forgot

The Vehicle damage is clearly exaggerated in IV as much as V's looks dumbed down. It looks like vehicles are made of cardboard in IV. 

@Tycekfor once we agree. Online ruined the potential. This game is nowhere close to pull you off from previous titles but none of them are(except SA for me) however why is GTA V the only one that's SUPPOSED TO be the ultimate GTA? why can't it be it's own thing like IV, VC? 

However saying the soundtrack was bad is cruel. The background soundtrack is one of the few things people mostly praise. It has the heist/money feel to it which suits the game. The radio has Californian vibe soundtrack which is my favorite after SA/VC

@Algonquin Assassin

@anthony

@Tycek

So tell me why are the interiors locked? Why make such things for one mission? 

The interiors are NOT loaded in the game after the mission. You go to lifeinvader/maze bank arena after missions they are a blank space without details. Also I'm not talking current generation I'm talking last gen. The three protagonists system took a lot of juice therefore making them cut corners(interiors) 

Why do people forget this game was built for last gen? 

Edited by TheSantader25

B Dawg
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

*GTA 6 Comes out*

"GTA V was better!"

GTA 6 would have to be pretty sh*t for that to happen. And even then, anyone who hated V, isn't going to suddenly like it because the next installment was even worse.

But yeah I do hate it. Despite being the latest entry in the series, it is the weakest one. Poor, dumbed down gameplay with a lot of really retarded design decisions, And despite all of it's major shortcomings, a lot of people still seem to like it (whether the singleplayer or even worse cancer reincarnated online mode), which I will never understand.

Edited by B Dawg

Algonquin Assassin
39 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

So you do hate this game. How is the 2nd game in terms of activities in the series(by your logic)  getting all the bash. So by your logic everything except SA has low amount of activities. You hate it so much that you forgot some stuff from V and made some of the stuff from SA who fall in the same category(courier missions and stadium) separated so it feels bigger. 

Alright you want this? Let's go. 

First you forgot:

Store hold ups

Street Races

Offroad Races

Flight School

Shooting Range(also missing from your SA list) 

Strangers and freaks(70+)

Friend Activities(includes Dialogue despite lacking progression(like) system) 

Secret WEED farm takeover

Add these to your list please

Also 49 random events alone is a lot

Now the AI

-the AI in GTA V is aggressive thus will kill you if you touch them however, you say if you STAND BESIDE THEM THEY WILL KILL YOU(if that's not exaggerated then what is?) 

-police will arrest the character at one star if the player surrenders. They will not shoot. If you think otherwise you've only played GTA O. 

-If you start a burnout with a sports car next to the AI in another good car they will start to race you after the lights go green

-NPCs in V can be heard having conversations. Some even talk on phone about their daily business. 

-NPCs can be found doing regular activities such as fixing the road.

-cops may pull an injured colleague behind a car to avoid more damage. 

-cops can be found chasing criminals in their vehicle other than you in the streets. 

-if you crash into some NPCs they will get out to pull you out and fight you. 

-if you crash into gang members they will chase you with their car to f*ck you up. 

-if walk to a gang territory while havin 3 or less wanted stars the gang may help you with cops but if you have 4 or more stars they will escape the scene. 

-NPCs will comment about your car if it's upgraded or if it's a high end vehicle. Some take photos as well. 

-NPCs may attempt to film your crime.

-if it starts raining, NPCs will walm faster and try to squeeze themselves. 

-how can paramedics revive DEAD people in real life. This has always been unrealistic. We have yet to see paramedics help INJURED people. Paramedics in V do show up just to write some notes which is realistic. 

I'm sure there are things I forgot

The Vehicle damage is clearly exaggerated in IV as much as V's looks dumbed down. It looks like vehicles are made of cardboard in IV. 

@Tycekfor once we agree. Online ruined the potential. This game is nowhere close to pull you off from previous titles but none of them are(except SA for me) however why is GTA V the only one that's SUPPOSED TO be the ultimate GTA? why can't it be it's own thing like IV, VC? 

However saying the soundtrack was bad is cruel. The background soundtrack is one of the few things people mostly praise. It has the heist/money feel to it which suits the game. The radio has Californian vibe soundtrack which is my favorite after SA/VC

@Algonquin Assassin

So tell me why are the interiors locked? Why make such things for one mission? 

The interiors are NOT loaded in the game after the mission. You go to lifeinvader/maze bank arena after missions they are a blank space without details. Also I'm not talking current generation I'm talking last gen. The three protagonists system took a lot of juice therefore making them cut corners(interiors) 

Why do people forget this game was built for last gen? 

Why are you getting up in my face about interiors when I haven't said a damn word about them in this thread?

TheSantader25
22 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Why are you getting up in my face about interiors when I haven't said a damn word about them in this thread?

I'm just asking your opinion about the interiors. 

Tycek
36 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I don't hate GTA V for not being ultimate GTA, because that the least of its problems.

Thing is with all subsequent GTA games R* always aimed higher, and I really respect that, because that was natural process, even if the final result wasn't in my taste. GTA 3 was first true GTA in 3D, Vice City built on that formula adding planes, choppers, bikes and vibrant '80s atmosphere, San Andreas added a whole giant map with three cities and became milestone of PS2 console. GTA IV took a step back in the amount of the features, but at the same time R* created new game engine and made a total overhaul of physics and graphics.

And then we have the next step - GTA V. R* already mastered their engine, by Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3. R* was already a multimillion dollar company with a lot of previous experience. I was hoping for game that would include all the features that weren't included in IV powered by the new technology. And to some extent it did, but it did it in the lousiest possible way and at the same exclude many things that made IV unforgettable experience for me. I didn't expect GTA V to be GTA IV 2.0 as some people were theorizing, I didn't expect dark serious story set in dirty urban jungle. All I really wanted was a game that would simply blow me out of my shoes just like GTA IV did in 2008, when I saw it for the first time on my friend's PS3. All I get was game not only good as GTA IV, but in many aspects taking a huge step back without apparent reason. Why were phone cheats removed? Why was Euphoria dumbed down? Why I couldn't let my car with engine turned on? Why can't I stay next to an NPC for longer than 3 seconds without getting attention? Why can't I use various combat moves or throw bricks at NPCs? You may call these little and bigger details silly or simply unnecessary, but for me these little things showed that R* cared while making GTA IV. I can't see their love for the game in GTA V. It may be the most successful game ever, bringing a lot of money to its company, it may be praised left and right, but when I see it I see a product, made in the factory by a machine, instead of art crafted by someone who wanted to do it and spent a lot of time and skill doing it. 

And it's not just GTA V that's getting flacked. RDR 2 has a lot to show, since it's expanding on RDR and the same goes for potential GTA VI. If some of the shortcomings of GTA IV and GTA V won't be addressed and fixed in the next game, you may be sure that I won't like it as well.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tycek said:

I don't hate GTA V for not being ultimate GTA, because that the least of its problems.

Thing is with all subsequent GTA games R* always aimed higher, and I really respect that, because that was natural process, even if the final result wasn't in my taste. GTA 3 was first true GTA in 3D, Vice City built on that formula adding planes, choppers, bikes and vibrant '80s atmosphere, San Andreas added a whole giant map with three cities and became milestone of PS2 console. GTA IV took a step back in the amount of the features, but at the same time R* created new game engine and made a total overhaul of physics and graphics.

And then we have the next step - GTA V. R* already mastered their engine, by Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3. R* was already a multimillion dollar company with a lot of previous experience. I was hoping for game that would include all the features that weren't included in IV powered by the new technology. And to some extent it did, but it did it in the lousiest possible way and at the same exclude many things that made IV unforgettable experience for me. I didn't expect GTA V to be GTA IV 2.0 as some people were theorizing, I didn't expect dark serious story set in dirty urban jungle. All I really wanted was a game that would simply blow me out of my shoes just like GTA IV did in 2008, when I saw it for the first time on my friend's PS3. All I get was game not only good as GTA IV, but in many aspects taking a huge step back without apparent reason. Why were phone cheats removed? Why was Euphoria dumbed down? Why I couldn't let my car with engine turned on? Why can't I stay next to an NPC for longer than 3 seconds without getting attention? Why can't I use various combat moves or throw bricks at NPCs? You may call these little and bigger details silly or simply unnecessary, but for me these little things showed that R* cared while making GTA IV. I can't see their love for the game in GTA V. It may be the most successful game ever, bringing a lot of money to its company, it may be praised left and right, but when I see it I see a product, made in the factory by a machine, instead of art crafted by someone who wanted to do it and spent a lot of time and skill doing it. 

And it's not just GTA V that's getting flacked. RDR 2 has a lot to show, since it's expanding on RDR and the same goes for potential GTA VI. If some of the shortcomings of GTA IV and GTA V won't be addressed and fixed in the next game, you may be sure that I won't like it as well.

GTA V's 'innovative' feature was the multi-protagonist system. It helped to fix the mission structure which was getting boring but it gets criticized for hurting the story. A system which made R* record multiple dialogues for each random event.this system was R*'s new 'push' .  Pulling of this system in the last gen hardware was a technical masterpiece IMO. A system which took the most of their resources and made them cut corners. I enjoyed it tho. A system which is not loved by many people in this forum but remember how many buyers a GTA has? It was respected by many people who were not a R* fan but were a semi-fan of the series itself. People you will never find in this forum. I wouldn't call them casuals but not fans either. You yourself said you finished iy twice. It's not enough to see the 'love' and passion put into a game. The little features you like are not the ones previously present in IV but there are some other 'little' features. Like the engine sound cooling down when you get out of your car. Like hearing the sound of the vehicle broken window when you walk on it. Features like this are present in the game. They are not the ones in IV but they are other ones. You may never give this game a second chance but you can look up in videos for features like this. 

Why does it miss some features from IV?the same reasons IV misses some SA features. 

Edited by TheSantader25

ThatBenGuy

I'm on Tycek's side in this dispute. If you wanna hear the truth, I was born 4/13/1998 and for the longest time, I actually wasn't even allowed to play GTA. Understandably so, considering I would've been 3 when 3 came out, 4 when VC came out, 6 when SA came out, and 10 when 4 and EFLC came out. Back when those games came out from 2001-2008, whiny and bratty little kids didn't play GTA like they do know, all thanks to GTA Online. GTA 5 came out when I was 15 and believe it or not, it was my very first GTA game and when I was playing it, I thought it was almost as cool as people make it out to be, only because I was new to the experience. However, then I played the rest and thought to myself "Man, have I been missing out or what?" The other games I mentioned pretty much opened my eyes to what GTA could do even better. However, that's just the way I see it. And for the record, I KNEW about the game series LONG before GTA 5 came out. It's also pretty cool IMO to see someone have so much experience when it comes to GTA in just a matter of 5 or less years!