2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
HellPriest

Do cheats ruin the XBOX 360 2015 edition?

HellPriest

I remember that the PS2 version gets game broken after using to many cheats as I have 4 copies on PS2 that dont work but this discs have no scratches. I just picked up the Xbox 360 the"remastered" one and Im just curious if to many cheats will corrupt the file save or even the disc. Anyone experience game crashes on this Xbox 360 version? And Im not talking about XboxOne cross compatible

Edited by HellPriest

OrionSR

There is only one cheat that can cause problems in San Andreas. It's one of the ped riot cheats but I forget exactly which code causes issues on Xbox. This code will make many ped groups hate everyone else, which makes the Madd Dogg mission in LV impossible to complete. You only need to save after using this code once to break your save. It doesn't matter how many times you use other cheats.

HellPriest

I remember after using to many cheats on PS2 the game would start freezing and then the disc stopped working so I bought a new one and then the same kept happening. I never used the any pedestrian cheats. Mostly spawning cheats and bunny hop and usually around 1000+ cheats the game starts to lag and then freeze and the discs never worked again. I am playing the Xbox 360 and its acting weird without cheats and Ive only done 4 missions

Big_Smiley
1 hour ago, HellPriest said:

I remember after using to many cheats on PS2 the game would start freezing and then the disc stopped working so I bought a new one and then the same kept happening. I never used the any pedestrian cheats. Mostly spawning cheats and bunny hop and usually around 1000+ cheats the game starts to lag and then freeze and the discs never worked again. I am playing the Xbox 360 and its acting weird without cheats and Ive only done 4 missions

The 360 and PS3 ports (also known as HD remaster) is a really complicated version of SA. There's just so many damn bugs I can't even name one. The port is just a mess to be quite honest.

About the cheats yes indeed in the PS2 version of SA inputting loads and loads of cheats kinda of mess up the game not sure how, but It's happened to me a lot on the original V1 of PS2 and a few other times on my triology version which is SA V2 on the PS2 both of which I had hours and hours of gameplay. I don't recall ever messing up my 360 version. I used to play a lot with plenty of cheats activated almost non-stop and nothing really happened besides the annoying bugs that kinda of killed my enjoyment of the gameplay :wtf:

Edited by Big_Smiley

HellPriest

Yeah I did a little research and found the same anwsers on youtube. Its is weird but Ill give it a try. Thanks for the help.

OrionSR

Again, too many cheats will not corrupt your game save. The ped riot cheat was isolated as the cause of the Madd Dogg glitch years ago and since then players have used thousands of cheats without issue. Try it yourself, but be quick about it. San Andreas, Vice City, and GTA III have serious bugs associated with too much time. In VC and III time eventually stops and all threads stop working. In San Andreas the major effect is horribly erratic traffic. 

These times are rounded up a little from precise hexadecimal millisecond values. Each time the value double the problem gets twice as bad. If you know what you look for you can find issues at times below 75 total hours. At 150 hours problems with traffic are usually pretty obvious. The game is basically unplayable after 300 hours. And I believe one person managed to rack up 600 hours to find total chaos. All timers roll over around 1200 hours, after which the current time will always be before the previous time, so nothing could work anymore.

It's hard to give up old superstitions when expectations seem to match observations, but we've been refining our glitch analysis strategies for years. The hypothesizes have been thoroughly tested and confirmed. We can trigger these glitches on demand and on open file systems effect repairs. Forget those old stories with crazy ideas like button cheat could magically corrupt a DVD. The PS2 and Xboxes can not do this, and game companies would not do that, and if anyone did it would have been discovered and a huge scandal and lawsuits would ensue. 

Big_Smiley
25 minutes ago, OrionSR said:

In San Andreas the major effect is horribly erratic traffic. 

The most notorious bug in the game. Can't say how many times I had to delete save files due to this awful bug on both PS2 and PC play hours :bored:

Edited by Big_Smiley

ROCKSTAR MANIC
2 hours ago, HellPriest said:

You need to try the tooth paste trick. The exact same happened to me on the PS2 version. I used the paste so much times that it got buffed out. That the CD scratches were buffed that I could play the game Non stop for days, no joke. 

OrionSR

On PC, Mobile, and PS2 (if you can move saves between the memory card and your PC), you can reset all timers with the modification tools on GTASnP.com.

Vanzant

It's 2018. I cannot really believe this is still a topic that is believed.

Orion is right. You can use all the cheats you want. The Peds Riot cheat is the only one that sets a flag that won't reset in certain situations such as Madd Dogg jumping to His death in a cut scene.

Using cheats other than that does nothing to your disc, your memory card, your PS2 or even my stock portfolio, which is doing well as of right now.

Also, nobody has used 1,000+ cheats on a single saved game of San Andreas.

If anyone really believes their copy of SA is broken due to cheats.....PM me ...send me the disc. I want to see it! I own 30 copies of SA across the world. If I can't break one using cheats I want a copy that is broken by cheats.

D9fred95

I used 11,000 cheats on my original profile. Funny how they did nothing yet what broke my save was that I went over the millisecond limit. 

skyeyemx
On 6/29/2018 at 3:15 PM, OrionSR said:

Try it yourself, but be quick about it. San Andreas, Vice City, and GTA III have serious bugs associated with too much time. In VC and III time eventually stops and all threads stop working. In San Andreas the major effect is horribly erratic traffic. 

Is there any videos of these glitches occuring? They sound very interesting yet this is the first time I've heard of them. Couldn't find any other info online or on the wiki, and these have never happened to either my PS2 v2 version or my v1.0 PC copy with TTDiSA installed.

OrionSR

III & VC Save File Glitch Detection and Repair

Most of the III and VC documentation for too much time glitches can be found in the topic above. The glitch is often described as a camera freeze bug, the most noticeable effect.

SA Save File Glitch Detection and Repair

The SA version of the glitch is often referred to as the Traffic Glitch - with the most identifying feature being vehicles merging bodies. 

I'm not sure if there is video evidence, but if you'd care to do the honors I can craft saves with timers set to glitch to the next level at a specific time so it's easier to make before and after comparisons. You'd need to send me a link to a TTDISA save, I don't have any known good samples to build from.

For most players, an easy test is to upload your oldest save to GTASnP.com and use the modification tool to fix the traffic. But I'm not sure that SnP would trust modifying a TTDISA save. I can easily add time to a TTDISA save but this is a complex repair; I wouldn't be able to reset things to 0 like SnP can.

AxA

Cheats are something optional so no worries, why im ruining my gameplay since cheats are optional, i know it's fun sometimes when using cheats and such but uh it just makes the game more boring. avoiding cheats is better.