• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• Ai®a©ob®a

• feckyerlife

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

I'm going to be as brief as possible here. I dislike gun culture. I think the UK does just fine as it is, because things are volatile and dangerous enough at the moment without handing out firearms. P

There are many examples of mutilation in cultures unfortunately. One interesting example (if I may use that word loosely) is the act of binding the feet of young girls and women in China. I say this because there are many women still who remain faithful to the idea and are committed to the mutilation despite the obvious negative effects attributed to such a practice. An important point to remember here is I severely doubt an infant can be expected to consent to such an act of vandalism towards the body for the sake of vanity. Again, it's the idea of pressure from tradition and acceptance.

Something a bit more light-hearted to ask that's only somewhat relevant; what traditions do you have in your family or household that might be considered strange or bizarre to outsiders that you've never questioned?

paperbagdude

Damn, all this traditional mutilation is like manipulating the growth of trees by bending, twisting etc.

It's terrible, yet fascinating.

Wait until you hear about female genital mutilation, a frankly barbaric and inhumane practice that continues well into 2020, and likely will for years to come despite the interventions and best efforts of charities all over the world.

Anyway, traditions, family ones, personal ones, let's hear it. Just so this topic doesn't descend into complete and utter chaos from the mere mention of traditional mutilation.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1
paperbagdude

I am aware of FGM and it's f*cked up. When I find human mutilation fascinating, it is regarding how it can alter somatic growth. It's like slow plastic surgery. 

NaidRaida
On 12/28/2020 at 1:53 PM, sivispacem said:

Not many reviews for the Fanless series but believe they're based on the PX series which are fantastic PSUs. 

At least it is more expensive than any other PX PSU in this wattage class, but of course that means not much about it's quality. Fact is, next PSU will be either Seasonic, Corsair or again BeQuiet (I guess their fans usually work, so as other BQ fans). Right now I'm hesitating anyway to spent money... the old "repaired" PSU seems to work perfectly, airflow is okay, temps seems nominal, even under full system load (the 700W are way enough as I suppose considering the mostly old components). I'm also not sure with these fanless stuff, on the other hand with 12 years warranty on the Seasonic TX700, not much can go wrong. Apart from the broken fan noise I never wasn't disturbed by any fans within the machine so I'm very unsure now what to choose in the future. Could be aswell a model with a fan again, but I'll choose a higher class model than the old one. Saving money on the PSU is a bad bad idea. Anyway, thanks for your help sivi. 👍

Edited by NaidRaida
Wayne Kerr

Why is the continent Australia given the same name as the country when there's already a name Oceania given for that region, couldn't they have used that name for the continent instead?

sivispacem
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Why is the continent Australia given the same name as the country when there's already a name Oceania given for that region, couldn't they have used that name for the continent instead?

"Continent" traditionally refers to a land mass, of which Oceania isn't really one. 

Wayne Kerr

Unless I've messed this up like everything else I've learned, pretty sure I learnt it like Australia was also the name of a continent

Even wikipedia says that though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)

So i'm asking why the country and the larger continent have the same name when they could have called the continent Oceania as they are calling that region if I'm not mistaken

Edited by Utopianthumbs
Wayne Kerr
5 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

"Continent" traditionally refers to a land mass, of which Oceania isn't really one.

Well I didnt see your edit, I guess I just find it dumb that they called the country and the larger continent the same name

• KEKW 1
sivispacem
Just now, Utopianthumbs said:

Well I didnt see your edit, I guess I just find it dumb that they called the country and the larger continent the same name

The distinction is between an actual continent- which have no clear definition but are generally accepted to be large land masses- and regions, which are often also colloquially called "continents".

IIRC Meganesia is also used to distinguish between Australia the country and Australia the continent. 

• Like 1
paperbagdude

According to Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, British people apparently use their index, middle and ring finger to make the number three. Is this for real?

I have all my life thought everyone did that the ''German'' way (thumb-index-middle). Is it only Brits who tend to do that?

Inglourious Basterds] The unorthodox 3-finger gesture did NOT give the  Basterds away. Major Hellstrom knew all along they were imposters and was  toying with them the whole time, and there's plenty of

Mr JoeStalin
23 minutes ago, paperbagdude said:

According to Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, British people apparently use their index, middle and ring finger to make the number three. Is this for real?

I have all my life thought everyone did that the ''German'' way (thumb-index-middle). Is it only Brits who tend to do that?

Inglourious Basterds] The unorthodox 3-finger gesture did NOT give the  Basterds away. Major Hellstrom knew all along they were imposters and was  toying with them the whole time, and there's plenty of

Not only the Brits but me as well🙂🙂, all of my known people use the 'Brit' system, so count in India too

• Bruh 1
Bob Loblaw

I think everyone does the three like that except for putting the pinky and the thumb together (the way he is doing).

Edited by Ho Diver
  • Like 2
paperbagdude
2 hours ago, MrBeanLadEn said:

Not only the Brits but me as well🙂🙂, all of my known people use the 'Brit' system, so count in India too

Tried doing it and it hurt like hell. Don't you all feel like snapping your pinkey when ever you order drei Gläser?

2 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

I think everyone does the three like that except for putting the pinky and the thumb together (the way he is doing).

Apparently not the Brits and Indies, Ho-mie

Wayne Kerr
4 hours ago, paperbagdude said:

Apparently not the Brits and Indies, Ho-mie

I always made the three John Cena style

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJhuUgEGN0p3Gi8T0_TRe

• fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 2
Mr JoeStalin
4 hours ago, paperbagdude said:

Tried doing it and it hurt like hell. Don't you all feel like snapping your pinkey when ever you order drei Gläser?

It doesn't hurt since one is doing it since childhood.

Adapt.Improvise.Overcome

And wtf is a drei gläser?

MarshDanni
1 hour ago, MrBeanLadEn said:

Adapt.Improvise.Overcome

"Drei Gläser" = German for "three glasses"

Edited by MarshDanni
paperbagdude
6 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I always made the three John Cena style

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJhuUgEGN0p3Gi8T0_TRe

Why is there a picture of an empty seat you sicko?

6 hours ago, MrBeanLadEn said:

1st grade math lessons must have been agonizing.

6 hours ago, MrBeanLadEn said:

It is basically German for ''[a] cab, please''. You tell the bartender that when you have had enough and want to go home right away.

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
combustion
On 12/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, Kngee1899 said:

Wtf? If some one lives in pakistan, is this really happening there? f*cking disturbing. Kids turned to look like rats? wtf

"At Gujrat’s Shah Daula Shrine, children are abused in a very dramatic manner, where good, healthy children are transformed into what they call ‘rats’."

"When the children at this shrine are born, an iron ring is put over their heads, so that their brain, head and face cannot grow, while the rest of the body expands as per normal."

https://millichronicle.com/2019/02/children-are-transformed-into-rats-at-a-sufi-shrine-in-pakistan/

No

Jimmy_Leppard

How in the hell do I put a part of the text into a spoiler sh*t? It used to be [spoiler] [/spoiler] but it doesn't work.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
sivispacem
1 hour ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

How in the hell do I put a part of the text into a spoiler sh*t? It used to be [spoiler] [/spoiler] but it doesn't work.

Untitled.png

If you're on mobile...sorry, can't help you.

Jimmy_Leppard
4 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

Untitled.png

If you're on mobile...sorry, can't help you.

I ain't on mobile. Thanks. That's what I was looking for!

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
Rhoda

In case you were curious (and for those on mobiles), the same applies there too - clicking the all seeing eye will shroud your text for some reason.

W55uYVI.jpg

ten-a-penny

For some reason attempting to update my PC gives me this error:

sHwQPUr.png

Googled it to death but no solution worked. If it matters, here's my Win. Update history:

Spoiler

O9IcHlo.png

On a similar note, how do I update drivers? of All the things, drivers are the one thing I have no idea how they work in terms of updates. Would simply updating Windows update them too, or do I have to manually "make" them update? I have no idea how this sh*t works lol, its the one part of Windows that I have zero background of (at least in terms of everyday usage).

GhettoJesus
11 hours ago, ten-a-penny said:

On a similar note, how do I update drivers? of All the things, drivers are the one thing I have no idea how they work in terms of updates. Would simply updating Windows update them too, or do I have to manually "make" them update? I have no idea how this sh*t works lol, its the one part of Windows that I have zero background of (at least in terms of everyday usage).

I don't think Windows 7 was able to update drivers with its update feature but you can snoop around your hardware manufacturer's website to find drivers. For example if you have an Nvidia GPU and you want to update the drivers just simply type "Nvidia Drivers" in Google and check it out on Nvidia's website.

• Like 1
Cameron Star

Can speakers get quiter over time? I used the Google machine thingy and couldn't get a satisfactory answer. I've had my laptop for five years and I swear they are quieter because I used to be able to listen to my music at level 10 a few years ago and now it's too quiet so I have it at level 30. The speakers face down so I don't think there's any dust or dirt in them and it's not my hearing, I'm not old and I take care of my hearing. I do have a bit of tinnitus though.

K^2
10 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

Can speakers get quiter over time? I used the Google machine thingy and couldn't get a satisfactory answer. I've had my laptop for five years and I swear they are quieter because I used to be able to listen to my music at level 10 a few years ago and now it's too quiet so I have it at level 30. The speakers face down so I don't think there's any dust or dirt in them and it's not my hearing, I'm not old and I take care of my hearing. I do have a bit of tinnitus though.

The actual mechanical speaker, not by any noticeable degree. But there are a bunch of components between the speaker and whatever it's connected to, some of which are inside the speaker housing, that can. Various connections, volume knob, components on amp circuit, if there is one. Some of these you can wiggle around to see if you can get better connection, others not. But in principle, it is a possible failure mode as result of use and age.

Though, there's also worrying possibility of your hearing getting worse. Sometimes, having to turn volume up higher and higher is how people learn that their hearing is declining.

• Like 1
Rhoda

This is attempting to display or explain a state in the 3D universe Grand Theft Auto games which involves missions. In a nutshell, "om0" stands for "on mission zero" and is a way of the game keeping track of whether you are on a mission or not. om0 means you are not, and om1 means you are. There are multiple ways you can trick the games into thinking you aren't on a mission when in fact you are, and this rampage pick up is one of the more common methods behind this exploit. It's commonly used by those who speedrun the game to activate mission duping. By starting the rampage and then clearing a mission, you are tricking the game into thinking you've completed two missions when you have only completed one. Because the rampage counts as a mission, people often use this as a quick way to duplicate missions and advance the game quicker, or by skipping a mission you deem difficult. This topic from a few years ago goes into the method in a little more detail, and this video explains a common method found within GTA SA, where you preserve a phone call and answer it as you enter a marker. 

• Like 3