Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Have a Question? V3


  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • AlienTwo

    1200

  • Ai®a©ob®a

    617

  • feckyerlife

    533

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

I'm going to be as brief as possible here. I dislike gun culture. I think the UK does just fine as it is, because things are volatile and dangerous enough at the moment without handing out firearms. P

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. 

The vast majority are unreasonably heavyweight for what they do but several, Defender included, have basically very little performance impact.

 

7 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed

Whilst this is broadly true these days, it's better to have and not need than need and not have. Unless you're super hot with Windows and browser patching you're still going to be vulnerable to drive-by type stuff from time the time so it's not a risk that's worth taking IMO. 

 

Last Chrome RCE exploit being used by cybercriminals in the wild was patched 12nd November, and the one before that was the 2nd. Neither required any user input to execute and both contained sandbox escapes. 

 

The myth that you only get nasties from visiting dodgy sites needs to be dispelled too. Between compromised legitimate websites, use of cloud service providers, domain fronting and malvertising there's plenty affecting normally "trusted" websites. I found a JavaScript credential harvester/keylogger on the login portal of a charity website literally yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed, it's been at least 6 months since I last had an AV installed and I have had no problems so far.

I read it on google, 99% users said that McAfee scans the program first before running it taking 15 seconds for the first run

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

I read it on google, 99% users said that McAfee scans the program first before running it taking 15 seconds for the first run

That's truly idiotic. Why would you not just query the binary hash against a database of known good ones?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sivispacem said:

That's truly idiotic. Why would you not just query the binary hash against a database of known good ones?

Well it did seem true because my first execution is always slow af, next ones take microseconds to execute

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's something you've compiled yourself, it won't have a whitelisted hash to check against, but you could always whitelist the directory you're running it from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you change your own negative review on steam later into a positive review or is it a on-time-only review? I never reviewed something on steam. Thanks!

 

I don't want to thumb down a game, just because it crashes right on first start... but that is indeed a pretty bad start, the worst you can say. Maybe I find a solution and feel the need to thumb up the game if it is nice.

 

I can't find any information on this on steam itself.

Edited by NaidRaida
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NaidRaida said:

Can you change your own negative review on steam later into a positive review or is it a on-time-only review? I never reviewed something on steam. Thanks!

Pretty sure you can can change them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 11:54 PM, Ho Diver said:

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed, it's been at least 6 months since I last had an AV installed and I have had no problems so far.

Pretty much. I always say the first line of defense when it comes to online safety and viruses is yourself. I've had my PC for a decade now; Never been updated and I don't have any AV's, yet it works as if new and I've never had any threats on my system.

 

By the way, is there a way to change the date format on here? Reading the month before the day is just... asinine. No offense to the US folk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of knot is this?  My airmax nikes came with them and ive never opened in 2 years use the knot, because i liked them and dont know how to re do it. Theyr stretchy enough to just push and pull feet in and out so never needed to open it.

Looks better than than regular in my opinion. ive always thought regular shoelace knots are kind of ugly and messy looking in sport shoes and boots.

7BEWJaJ_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand

Edited by Kngee1899
Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be a sort of clove hitch.  What is definite is that it is a knot of form, not function. In other words it is there to look pretty to the buyer, not something to tie your shoelaces by.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ned Bingham said:

It may be a sort of clove hitch.  What is definite is that it is a knot of form, not function. In other words it is there to look pretty to the buyer, not something to tie your shoelaces by.

i know its not really meant to be daily shoe lace knot and its just there for look, but its really good looking for nike sneakers like that, so i figured why not to learn to make it myself.

I hate when regular shoe laces keep opening all the time and are floppin around ugly. These ones has staid tied firmly for more than 2 years and still looks good, no long ugly laces hanging around gettin stepped on.

I have tried to search it from google but cant find one like this.

 

edit: Thanks trip. Now i finally know what its called.

Edited by Kngee1899
Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try to reverse engineer it - look at the knot, undo a little bit of it and see if you can work out how it ties. This is how I learned how to tie my own shoes with a traditional knot as a kid. If not, sure, you lose the knot but at least you have photographs to ask how to tie it in the future. Maybe at some point in your life you'll encounter an expert who could not only tell you the name but all of its variations. Good luck.

 

Here's a trivial one - what's the oldest food you've eaten?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kngee1899 said:

What type of knot is this? 

Deadstock knot.  Here ya go bud.

 

2 hours ago, Rhoda said:

Here's a trivial one - what's the oldest food you've eaten?

Old like how?  Been in the fridge too long old or "man has been eating this since..." old?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

Is it only in SA or other people in real life use it?

It's a real phrase that is a combination of the phrases "Is the Pope catholic?" and "Does the bear sh*t in the woods?". The question to both of these phrases is an obvious "yes" so these are just rhetorical questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, trip said:

Old like how?  Been in the fridge too long old or "man has been eating this since..." old?

"Been in the fridge too long" old.

 

9 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

What does "Does the pope sh*t in the woods" mean?

It's a malapropism or portmanteau of the phrases "does a bear shit in the woods?" and "is the Pope catholic?", and serves as a bit of a running joke. It's almost like an anti-joke. The characters take it to mean "yes", when obviously ol' Popey probably has a golden toilet of some fashion. It's not so much a common saying these days, but it was seen as a coy way of agreeing with somebody or saying yes or to add snark, like "I was so obviously going to say yes to that, why even waste your time asking".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhoda said:

"Been in the fridge too long" old.

Not food as such, but when i was about 20 I drank Angostura bitters that went out of date in 1986 and they tasted absolutely fine.

So far it's the only time I've consumed anything with a sell-by predating my birth.

 

When we moved into our new house we found a tin of Branston baked beans (because Heinz are awful and watery) that had gone out of date in 2008 but we didn't eat them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

When we moved into our new house we found a tin of Branston baked beans (because Heinz are awful and watery) that had gone out of date in 2008 but we didn't eat them.

On a related note, Branston beans are the best brand. Heinz, as you say, are too watery and are practically tasteless. My wife and I have entered a heated discussions about baked beans on more than one occasion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhoda said:

"Been in the fridge too long" old.

6 year old sesame oil.  From a shelf...all warm...not even a cold fridge to help preserve.

My wife makes a this one marinated mushroom side when we grill sometimes.  Once after we had finished she says "I should check the date on that oil".   She was like "guess when that oil expired"?

 

Oh and baked beans are on my too gross to eat list.  Just mushy grossness.

Edited by trip
Link to post
Share on other sites

What to do with pics of ex?

I guess this is an age old question, but I have thousands of photos of me and my ex on Google Photos, Snapchat, my Google Drive, old phone etc.

We had 4 years together and she was my side kick through high school and the following gap years. Due to that, I find it hard to delete them, as I feel as if that would be erasing history and an important chapter of my life. Looking at the photos, I do however get mixed emotions of joy from the memories, but also a helpless feeling of longing and despair considering how things ended and how I wanted it to continue.

I have also started seeing someone else after 8 months and how should I treat the photos should we start dating?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, paperbagdude said:

What to do with pics of ex?

I guess this is an age old question, but I have thousands of photos of me and my ex on Google Photos, Snapchat, my Google Drive, old phone etc.

We had 4 years together and she was my side kick through high school and the following gap years. Due to that, I find it hard to delete them, as I feel as if that would be erasing history and an important chapter of my life. Looking at the photos, I do however get mixed emotions of joy from the memories, but also a helpless feeling of longing and despair considering how things ended and how I wanted it to continue.

I have also started seeing someone else after 8 months and how should I treat the photos should we start dating?

I'm not one to go to for any advice regarding a situation with an ex, but if you're getting even the slightest feeling of regret about erasing history, you maybe shouldn't do it.

 

I know I'm incredibly grateful for my past self for preserving all I could from my, ahem, early internet misadventures no matter how much some things make me cringe. Wish I could've done more, actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: What I said below becomes pretty useless in the meantime, I found similar info in the sticky Q&A topic (I was searching in Support/Network area).

There is info about it and what I mentioned below is also mentioned by others. Now, I know where to look for info. I'll ask for this reply to get moved

over there or binned as there is already similar content, but I found it too late. 😐

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

There has been obviously a layout update to the forum very recently. Is there any (official/announcing) topic about it? Tried to find one but without success. Since I didn't found such "update topic" I will try to make it a simple question here about having layout/interface issues since these update. The forum interface looks strange in the last days. It works as it should but somehow it looks a bit messy. I attached a pic to show what exactly I mean in this specific case (I don't consider this important enough to create a topic itself about it, also since I don't know yet if such topic already exists).

 

-Stretched topic header (large blank dark areas):

UqebOBx.jpg

^ I'm talking about this "big/blank/dark/stretched areas" which make the topic header look messy and unnecessary stretched.

 

This stretchy looking topic header is also not specific to this above mentioned topic, it seems forum wide "issue" regardless which topic you're looking at. Is this layout update still WIP or not fully working or is this visual issue not known and due to that caused by misconfiguration on my end? I've also seen a topic/section (the Courtroom) which was all messed up with buttons and clickable stuff all mixed together, like if you have shaken the whole site and all normally ordered interface stuff has been jumbled all together like an interface soup without any order. This has been gone now (maybe I looked at it right during the udate or implementation). I hope you not consider this as complaining, but maybe this info is useful to determine if the update or implenentation works as it should. I've not seen such "artifacts" before, so I'll better report it and this ends up in several questions as you can see. If there is such topic you may move/merge my post as well. Thanks!

Edited by NaidRaida
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess I'm looking for opinions rather than actual answers.

 

I am currently studying laboratory technology at a university and I'm really passionate about it - it is certainly the right career path for me. Though, I am currently stressed due to various reasons, which means I have trouble not procrastinating and generally slacking on my school work. I also have trouble maintaining my relationships because of this and I don't have a job because of that stress. 

 

Now, the Region of Southern Denmark is seeking students and professionals within the medical and scientific field (which includes laboratory technicians) to properly handle and prepare covid-19 vaccines for the daily vaccination programs done by nurses and their assistants. I am really excited and enthusiastic about this since it regards something within my field of work, and since I chose to skip military service prior to college, I haven't done anything to serve my country nor have anything to be openly proud of, unlike many the same age as me who were conscripts and wore the uniform with pride. I see this opportunity as my literal call of duty and I honestly don't want to miss out on it.

Another problem is that either hospitals which I will be stationed at is between 88 - 122 kilometers away. Depending on the contract, I will have to take this drive every Monday - Friday after school or in the weekends, which I sadly consider a bit of a burden.

 

What do you guys think? Should I jump into this and apply for duty or will this break me down entirely considering my current state of stress?

 

I don't know what to do.

Edited by paperbagdude
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, paperbagdude said:

So I guess I'm looking for opinions rather than actual answers.

 

I am currently studying laboratory technology at a university and I'm really passionate about it - it is certainly the right career path for me. Though, I am currently stressed due to various reasons, which means I have trouble not procrastinating and generally slacking on my school work. I also have trouble maintaining my relationships because of this and I don't have a job because of that stress. 

 

Now, the Region of Southern Denmark is seeking students and professionals within the medical and scientific field (which includes laboratory technicians) to properly handle and prepare covid-19 vaccines for the daily vaccination programs done by nurses and their assistants. I am really excited and enthusiastic about this since it regards something within my field of work, and since I chose to skip military service prior to college, I haven't done anything to serve my country nor have anything to be openly proud of, unlike many the same age as me who were conscripts and wore the uniform with pride. I see this opportunity as my literal call of duty and I honestly don't want to miss out on it.

Another problem is that either hospitals which I will be stationed at is between 88 - 122 kilometers away. Depending on the contract, I will have to take this drive every Monday - Friday after school or in the weekends, which I sadly consider a bit of a burden.

 

What do you guys think? Should I jump into this and apply for duty or will this break me down entirely considering my current state of stress?

 

I don't know what to do.

Well for one I don't think you owe your country anything. If you would only do it because you feel you need to serve your country then don't. Your friends in the army ain't doing anything either (they are actually doing less than you). I mean listening some c*nt scream at them and running around isn't a great contribution to society. You will have plenty to contribute to society in your line of work. So the question that remains is: are you enthusiastic about the opportunity to drive this much? That is up to you to decide. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't live with it because as you said, you are stressed and procrastinating. I would get my act together (sorry if this sounds harsh, didn't mean it to) and focus on the here and now.

Edited by GhettoJesus
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Your friends in the army ain't doing anything either (they are actually doing less than you). I mean listening some c*nt scream at them and running around isn't a great contribution to society. 

 

And here it is folks. It came right at the end of the year, when you least expect it, but here is one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted on this forum. Not just for 2020, maybe one of the most ridiculous things ever said in general. 

I have a question for you, GhettoJesus, have you ever served? Or do you know anyone close to you who has served? 

I'm already taking no as the answer, hence your f*cking ridiculous comment. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

of course not, it is single-handedly one of the most difficult tasks to tackle in life. Since most of the time you dont even know the reason you are there for but in your head it is all an act of patriotism. When you are dismissed you live a completely different life. Your mind will never be the same ever again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

 

And here it is folks. It came right at the end of the year, when you least expect it, but here is one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted on this forum. Not just for 2020, maybe one of the most ridiculous things ever said in general. 

I have a question for you, GhettoJesus, have you ever served? Or do you know anyone close to you who has served? 

I'm already taking no as the answer, hence your f*cking ridiculous comment. 

No I haven't and I am quite frankly against conscription. I know people who serve or have served and from what they say they aren't doing anything useful. One of them described it as "I am being paid to work out"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.