4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Have a Question? V3

Voodoo

Jimmy_Leppard

I'm having ridiculous driver timeouts on the latest few AMD updates. I can't take it anymore. I'm just wondering, is it safe/possible to revert back multiple versions of a driver at once? As in, from 21.6.1 to 21.4.1 or even earlier? Or do I have to manually roll back from 21.6.1 to 21.5.1 and then to 21.4.1 etc. (you know what I mean)? Can I just download the 21.4.1 update and simply run the setup while on 21.6.1 currently?

Wayne Kerr

Why do copy pasted images from wikia/fandom appear like this

360?cb=20191008133142

Or is it just me? 

GhettoJesus
On 7/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, Wayne Kerr said:

Why do copy pasted images from wikia/fandom appear like this

You have to delete that unnecessary stuff from the end of the link. The last thing in the link should be the extension, then it works fine.

Is it safe to use Opipramole with Paracetamol and Naproxen Sodium?

Question about Opipramole. Is this like a temporary high kind of drug that helps with some things, or does it change the way a person thinks like Antipsychotics do(Correct me if I’m wrong)?

Edited by Payne

paperbagdude
On 7/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, Payne said:

Is it safe to use Opipramole with Paracetamol and Naproxen Sodium?

According to several sources, a common contradiction of opipramol is acute intoxication of analgesics (paracetamol and naproxen). Whether this should be interpreted as increased stress to the liver or increased pharmacokinetics in terms of the intensity of the drug, I don't know.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, Payne said:

Question about Opipramole. Is this like a temporary high kind of drug that helps with some things, or does it change the way a person thinks like Antipsychotics do(Correct me if I’m wrong)?

Opipramol has been used as a trial drug to test its effects on patients with dementia, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, depression and psychosomatic disorders. It apparently proved effective as a psychopharmacum suited for treating generalized anxiety disorder and psychosomatic disorders. If you're on antidepressants, the intoxication of such could be altered (or increased) to something rather unhealthy, and another psychological contradiction is potential delirium. The risk of temporary delirium is probably the closest you'll get of feeling ''high''.

Now bro, I'd like to ask you why you're asking about this? If you don't have the proper prescription for one or more of these pharmaceuticals, I highly advise you to NOT consume either or both. If you do however have a legitimate prescription for both the opipramol and naproxen, please ask your trusted medical professional or a certified pharmacist.

Edited by paperbagdude

On 7/31/2021 at 12:35 AM, paperbagdude said:

According to several sources, a common contradiction of opipramol is acute intoxication of analgesics (paracetamol and naproxen). Whether this should be interpreted as increased stress to the liver or increased pharmacokinetics in terms of the intensity of the drug, I don't know.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS47tKFR9O8CASivrUvA0g

I asked these, and it seems you provided some answers I didn’t understand. I lack some information to understand i think. Also there is this thing that sometimes I’m so slow and need to read the same thing 3-4 times, ADHD right?

I told this doctor(not the one who gave me Aripiprazole) that it makes me unable to fall asleep and asked if she could give some sleeping pills. She said something like “Not sure if combining them is a good idea without asking your doctor”. I said “I’ll do a research on the substances and make sure they’re alright”, then she gave me some “Opipramol” as “Sleeping pills”.

I did my research and found that these are antidepressants used for depression and anxiety. I also found out that some doctors give Aripiprazole and Opipramol together so I thought it’d be okay to use em together until now that i found one of the side effects may be “Uncontrollable muscle movements”. I’ve been to a hospital before because of this and I don’t wanna experience it again.

It seems I’m not gonna mix Opipramol with any of these.

Edited by Payne
  • Like 1

paperbagdude
On 7/31/2021 at 12:44 AM, Payne said:

I told this doctor(not the one who gave me Aripiprazole) that it makes me unable to fall asleep and asked if she could give some sleeping pills. She said something like “Not sure if combining them is a good idea without asking your doctor”. I said “I’ll do a research on the substances and make sure they’re alright”, then she gave me some “Opipramol” as “Sleeping pills”.

It is really a shame how this secondary doctor administered the drug to you without actually seeming to understand its properties and possible interactions with the aripiprazole. She should at least have consulted a more competent medical professional or given you a safer alternative. I'm glad to hear that you remained sceptic about it and did your own research - which a patient should never be in the position to do in the first place, really. I would however still advise you to contact the doctor that prescribed you the aripiprazole and ask what adverse effects a combination of opipramol could cause and what other alternatives for sedatives are available.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:44 AM, Payne said:

until now that i found one of the side effects may be “Uncontrollable muscle movements”

Well biochemically speaking, opipramol is a known sigma receptor agonist, meaning it interacts with said receptor and stimulates it so to speak. Cocaine for instance is known to activate the sigma receptors, possibly being the leading cause to the typical adverse effects such as dilated pupils, raised heart rate, increased rate of breathing and convulsion in animals - which the latter in relation to opipramol makes sense, as it does activate the sigma receptors and by that can cause abnormal movement in muscles.

I'm in no way a medical professional nor an expert in pharmaceutical chemistry (yet ;)), but I can't see the pharmacokinetic reasoning in administrating opipramol as a sedative for your insomnia. Mixing aripiprazole and opipramol would only seem like viable combination to treat mania and depression in dosage ratios according to the severity or type of symptoms, but idk.

But again, I'm both sorry and glad to hear you took this into your own hands - but as a patient that is not your responsibility, but rather your doctor's, and no doctor should ever leave you to yourself like that. I can't stress this enough: contact the primary doctor asap and discuss the matter and get a proper conclusion on the case, because it really seems like the other has failed by giving you the opipramol in the first place. I sincerely hope this sh*t works out for you

On 7/31/2021 at 2:32 AM, paperbagdude said:

which the latter in relation to opipramol makes sense, as it does activate the sigma receptors and by that can cause abnormal movement in muscles.

You’re suggesting a downer(correct me If I’m wrong) can cause weird muscle movement? I thought all downers(this one is said to help with anxiety and depression) would calm down everything and make it all slow? Did i get you wrong here?

What caused this before was the Aripiprazole alone, and it is a known effect of that substance. I don’t feel that Opipramol alone would cause that, never read anything regarding that on internet.

Wayne Kerr
On 7/30/2021 at 10:44 PM, GhettoJesus said:

You have to delete that unnecessary stuff from the end of the link. The last thing in the link should be the extension, then it works fine.

(Test) 

CesarVialpando-GTASA.jpg   

Oh yeah it does, thanks. Was wondering why this was happening for a while and wonder why the unnecessary stuff in the link appears for every fandom image, but good to know there's an easy workaround. 

Edited by Wayne Kerr

sivispacem
On 7/31/2021 at 3:14 AM, Payne said:

I thought all downers(this one is said to help with anxiety and depression) would calm down everything and make it all slow? Did i get you wrong here?

Yes. Assuming that just because a drug has a primarily sedative effect doesn't mean that it won't have side effects that seem to contravene this.

I think you need to visit a different doctor and seek some proper advice.

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

• 4 weeks later...
Mr. Galloway

Anyone know a great site where I can extend a song's running time? Like this.

BUT THE BENZ

where, exactly, is the option to make (change) my signature here on this site?

I'd like to add a quote or two down there, but just can't seem to find that option in the (profile) settings?!

sivispacem
28 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

where, exactly, is the option to make (change) my signature here on this site?

I'd like to add a quote or two down there, but just can't seem to find that option in the (profile) settings?!

Only staff and OGA members have signatures.

• excuseme 1

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Does a person in a coma age mentally? Let's say there's an 8 year old who went into a coma, 10 years later, he has awaken from his coma, his age is now 18, Does his brain mature or is he still going to act like his 8 year old self?

• 2 weeks later...
universetwisters

Is anyone here using adblock plus and still getting ads on this site and youtube?

GhettoJesus
23 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Is anyone here using adblock plus and still getting ads on this site and youtube?

Not me personally but people have been recommending uBlock Origin over ABP for a few years now. I think ABP lets some ads through or something like that.

Never used opioids before. What’s the ideal dosage for Codeine? Google says not to take more than 60mg at once.

edit: i take 50mg Sertraline everyday, been taking this dosage for around a week. Combining it with Codeine can have bad effects or not?

Edited by Payne

Wayne Kerr

idk if I can phrase this properly, is it possible that a baby just isn't able to learn a language not due to any impairment but it just cant pick up on the language? I was thinking how hard it is for me to learn languages and then I wondered how i learned them as an infant, I know babies have a greater capacity for picking up languages but could there be a really unfortunate case of one not being able to? If so is it doomed to not be able to communicate or is there some method to help? 

Edit: could a baby understand the language to some degree but just isn't able to speak it proficiently? 

Edited by Wayne Kerr
  • KEKW 1

paperbagdude
9 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

idk if I can phrase this properly, is it possible that a baby just isn't able to learn a language not due to any impairment but it just cant pick up on the language? I was thinking how hard it is for me to learn languages and then I wondered how i learned them as an infant, I know babies have a greater capacity for picking up languages but could there be a really unfortunate case of one not being able to? If so is it doomed to not be able to communicate or is there some method to help? 

Edit: could a baby understand the language to some degree but just isn't able to speak it proficiently? 

I had a stroke reading this. What is the actual question?

Wayne Kerr
1 minute ago, paperbagdude said:

I had a stroke reading this. What is the actual question?

Can a child not learn how to talk? Without being diagnosed with any disability? 

paperbagdude
19 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Can a child not learn how to talk? Without being diagnosed with any disability? 

Yes, if isolated or severely neglected since birth. If no one or anything is around to embed a language into the child, then it obviously won't know any words, their meaning and how to place them in a sentence properly. As you seem to acknowledge yourself, cognitively healthy babies are hardwired to pick up the language that surrounds them, explaining why not only the standard language but also the specific accent/dialect and local idioms and lingos spoken are strictly socially inherited.

Babies and infants are usually quite proficient at learning languages, but obviously some are going to be better at it than others even if you don't take certain disabilities and conditions into account. It's no secret that it's seen to be significantly more difficult to learn a language the older you get from a cognitive point of view, but again, some are better at it than others and it especially helps if you have a keen interest in language to begin with. This reminds me of the social experiment apparently undertaken by Emperor Frederick II in the 13th century who deliberately isolated two babies under the care of nurses in an attempt to find out what the true language of mankind was, or the language given to Adam and Eve by God. It was somewhat of an obsession of his. His strict instructions to the nurses were to avoid any interactions that were deemed unnecessary - wash, feed and clothe them by all means, but absolutely no other communication of any kind, not even the trademark "coo". A monk by the name of Salimbene documented this bizarre and cruel experiment. He wrote that Frederick encouraged “foster mothers and nurses to suckle and bathe and wash the children, but in no ways to prattle or speak with them; for he would have learnt whether they would speak the Hebrew language (which had been the first), or Greek, or Latin, or Arabic, or perchance the tongue of their parents of whom they had been born. But he laboured in vain, for the children could not live without clappings of the hands, and gestures, and gladness of countenance, and blandishments.“

Less well-known but far earlier, Herodotus wrote in 429BC about Pharaoh Psammetichus I, who arranged for two children to be raised in isolation by a shepherd who was ordered not to speak to them. Much like Freddy centuries later, he was keen to discover what language they would speak and reasoned that it would be the language of the Gods. When the children were brought before him, one of them said something that sounded to the Pharaoh like "bekos", the Phrygian word for "bread". From this, Psammy boy concluded that the capacity for speech is innate and that the natural language of people was Phrygian. This is of course to be taken with a pinch of salt - there's no doubt that the capacity for speech is natural, but there does need to be a degree of influence. All a baby is doing when it is learning to speak is mimicking behaviour of what's around them. Context, tone and meaning comes later as you grow and learn what words and inflictions apply to which scenario. There's also something to be said about the dialect and region. For instance, I would have a significantly easier time learning a language phonetically more akin to English, which is my mother tongue. Something like Arabic or Greek would require vocalisations I'm not at all used to, whereas languages such as Romanian or even Tagalog where things are said almost as clearly as they are written would be significantly easier.

CRAZY AL WARD

Okay, so i'm about cut ALL ties with my brother who never visits, calls, writes Or texts me after our fight in 2013, a fight he started btw.
He also owes me exactly 50% of the inheritance of our father who died back in 2010, $75,000 to be exact on the ammount (Which is half of $150,000), but he's doing this "Under the table" which means he's making us risk 14 Years in prison for two types of fraud:

Disability Fraud & Cash Fraud
He let our Half-sister label me as Mentally Disabled right after he gave me to her, which is after i begged him to take me in after our father died, and she received the checks over the years & clearly spent all of them, but NOT in the right places.

My question is: How do i clear My name of all this trouble & prove them of doing the crimes?
For the record, i have 2 witnesses for the attempted Cash Fraud: My uncle who looks after the will, and the lawyer we went to.

IF it also helps, my brother may have a previous criminal record for Attempted Arson of a High school he was attending, i say "May" because it was in the 2000s & he "Disappeared" for almost a year after previously said arson attempt & i winded up in a Big Brother Program until he returned.

Also, my dad never trusted him before he died, so it makes sense why i shouldn't trust my brother either

I'm just asking for Legal help here BEFORE i talk to the same lawyer soon.

I appreciate your situation but this is no place to ask for that kind of help. Even if anybody even remotely qualified in the field of law saw this to offer advice, your lawyer is likely to disregard that if things develop.

Wayne Kerr

There used to be different species(?) of humans like Neanderthals, Denisovans, Sapiens etc but now there's only Homo sapiens. Could there in future once again be multiple species/types of humans? If not on Earth, if we become a interplanetary species where we establish colonies on other planets/moons will those people in generations evolve into a slightly different species from Homo sapiens? 

Just had a casual read about early humans and such stuff and got curious if we could branch out again. 

Evolution is essentially adaptability over generations to ensure survival. If we get to a point where humans migrate to another environment that demands change to survive, I have no doubt that we will see a branching off in terms of human evolution. I couldn't say which changes would necessitate this, but there are no doubt challenges to adapt to any environment that differs from the comfortable and quite frankly easy ride we have here on Earth, with it's deliciously abundant food, it's solid ground, the rich oxygen content and the availability of water. This doesn't take into account other aspects of life, but fundamentally a human needs oxygen, water and food to survive on a basic level. If any of these are to be acquired by a quirk of generational evolution, we'd see subtle changes in what allows future humans to breed. There are also the more niche quality of life changes that depend on an environment which again, I'm not knowledgeable enough to confirm. Let's use a water rich environment as an example. You think of water and you think of swimming, so those with a natural tendency to swim better are already at an advantage. Longer limbs, longer hands and feet and a better than average lung capacity will serve you well. If your only source of food and nourishment are creatures of the sea, you're doomed if you have an allergy to fish or even an intolerance. These might sound like trivial differences, but don't forget that evolution is painfully slow by default and not always obvious until looked at retrospectively. 

In short? Yes, absolutely, I have every belief that we will see subtle human evolution to the point of genome manipulation providing we have people that flee Earth in search of prosperity on other worlds.

• Like 2

Wayne Kerr

Appreciate the very in depth answers to my last couple of questions Rhoda. I was thinking in planets/moons where gravity is lesser than Earth's, hypothetical colonies that survive on them for generations will have people who would be taller and maybe other changes to the body like the bone structure and our lungs changing and even our skin. And later our DNA too. Interesting to think about genome manipulation, though admittedly I don't know much about most of this stuff. 

Got another question but is more of a what if question, so ignore/delete if not allowed

You one day find out you have a twin who looks alike to yourself but has a very different worldview and a personality to seem almost opposite to yours.

Would you see this person as one you'd want to get to know/fascinating or would you find them unappealing, or just indifferent?

Who would you think would be the person others would generally find more attractive or want to emulate? 

paperbagdude
15 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

You one day find out you have a twin who looks alike to yourself but has a very different worldview and a personality to seem almost opposite to yours.

Kill. I can't have my face associated with nonsense of the very opposite that defines who I am.

And it's cool, cause my twin probably has the same agenda so it is fair to us both.

• KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1

• 2 weeks later...
BUT THE BENZ

is there a BOOK recommendations thread 'round here?

kind of craving for THRILLING sequences, like Simon Beckett's books about David Hunter, or Nicci French's following Frieda Klein.

not a big reader, never was, but when I do read books I like that "intense" stuff. I recall sitting on the toilet loooong after I did my business, and yet not coming out until I got to a part with a PHENOMENAL twist.

fun fact: remember that scene on breaking bad when hank found out about walt? I had the same look on my face.

bXRcAr.gif

the book was that good (chemistry of death)!

Now I could ask google but I thought maybe there's a thread here I could read through and get some impressions. is there a thread like that?

Wayne Kerr
14 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

is there a BOOK recommendations thread 'round here?

There is this topic

But last post was in March 2020. Though you could probably bump it if it's okay. 

• Like 2