Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Have a Question? V3


  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • AlienTwo

    1200

  • Ai®a©ob®a

    617

  • feckyerlife

    533

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

Yeah well get ćucked by foreign alphabets, GTAForums

Recommended Posts

Wayne Kerr

Thank for the answers. I got one more question, last one for this page, promise. (edit: whoops new page :pp

 

I noticed Vladimir Putin is trending on social media, it seems there are rumours about him thinking of resigning amid fears he may have Parkinson's. Is this just bullsh*t or is there some truth to it or could it be another North Korea like situation where we don't know the truth exactly? 

Edited by Utopianthumbs
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I noticed Vladimir Putin is trending on social media, it seems there are rumours about him thinking of resigning amid fears he may have Parkinson's. Is this just bullsh*t or is there some truth to it or could it be another North Korea like situation where we don't know the truth exactly? 

I saw absolutely nothing about it on Russian-speaking pages or posts. So I doubt it very much. However, he did very recently push for some laws that would grant him immunity for life after he does retire from the post. The timing on that does make it feel a little more plausible.

 

Normally, though, I would expect some sort of a replacement marked. I don't see anyone in president's circles who could possibly take over. Current prime minister is absolutely not fit for the job. If there's any truth to the rumor, the first indication of it from Russian gov't will be appointment of a new prime minister.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida
On 11/6/2020 at 12:08 PM, Utopianthumbs said:

[...] Vladimir Putin [...] thinking of resigning amid fears he may have Parkinson's. [...]

He seems a type of guy that will still rock the show even as some sort of Russian Michael J. Fox. I didn't heard about Parkinson (Putinson? lol), but I've read about a rumor he may "suffer" from a kind of Asperger, but that is a wide wide area.

Edited by NaidRaida
  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star

I have a stupid question I thought of when seeing my neighbour do the lawn earlier: does cutting your lawn make your garden sink lower? The grass pulls nutrients and stuff from the earth to grow, then you cut it and throw it in the compost bin so the mass is lost and not returned to the earth.

Edited by Cameron Star
Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
8 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

I have a stupid question I thought of when seeing my neighbour do the lawn earlier: does cutting your lawn make your garden sink lower? The grass pulls nutrients and stuff from the earth to grow, then you cut it and throw it in the compost bin so the mass is lost and not returned to the earth.

No because you're not actually pulling the grass itself out of the ground, Think of it like giving the grass a buzzcut haircut, Even though you buzzed your head your hair follicles are still there and can keep growing...

 

Does that make sense?

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDagger
2 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

No because you're not actually pulling the grass itself out of the ground, Think of it like giving the grass a buzzcut haircut, Even though you buzzed your head your hair follicles are still there and can keep growing...

 

Does that make sense?

The problem is that the hair for the follicles has to come from somewhere - in that case they're getting their mass delivered to them at the root, and since we're constantly feeding ourselves we replenish lost mass, so no change there.

 

As for a lawn...well, I imagine it'll depend on environmental factors, though realistically, most plant mass is carbon from the air taken in as CO2, and most of the mass they take from the ground is water - most soil mass isn't stuff that plants use. That said, they do still taken a small amount of other stuff from the soil, and if that isn't replenished in any way, then I can imagine it getting a miniscule amount lower...but any observation in height is probably going to be based on the water level more than anything.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star
6 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

No because you're not actually pulling the grass itself out of the ground, Think of it like giving the grass a buzzcut haircut, Even though you buzzed your head your hair follicles are still there and can keep growing...

 

Does that make sense?

Not really, because like RedDagger said, we still take in food which keeps our hair growing so our heads don't shrink.

 

2 hours ago, RedDagger said:

The problem is that the hair for the follicles has to come from somewhere - in that case they're getting their mass delivered to them at the root, and since we're constantly feeding ourselves we replenish lost mass, so no change there.

 

As for a lawn...well, I imagine it'll depend on environmental factors, though realistically, most plant mass is carbon from the air taken in as CO2, and most of the mass they take from the ground is water - most soil mass isn't stuff that plants use. That said, they do still taken a small amount of other stuff from the soil, and if that isn't replenished in any way, then I can imagine it getting a miniscule amount lower...but any observation in height is probably going to be based on the water level more than anything.

That makes sense. I know mass can come from other places like decaying stuff and rain and I think lightning disperses nitrogen or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

That makes sense. I know mass can come from other places like decaying stuff and rain and I think lightning disperses nitrogen or something.

Most of the added mass is going to come from dust and sand carried by wind and water and decaying organic matter, primarily from whatever cut grass ended up on the ground. Likewise, most of the lost mass is going to be due to erosion, carried away by either wind or water, and depending if you're in the low spot or a high spot, the net effect will be either terrain getting higher or lower respectively. In general, erosion is going to flatten everything out, and that's going to be the dominant effect.

 

And what lightning does is creates nitrogen oxides which can dissolve in rain water, making nitric acid, and make it into the soil. In the soil, acid reacts with whatever compounds that may be present making various nitrates, and these can be absorbed by plant for nutrition. There are also nitrogen-fixing bacteria in the soil that can convert nitrogen into ammonia directly. Both of these processes will, indeed, add some mass to the soil, but again, negligible compared to erosion processes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeanLadEn
52 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

How reliable is the Ishihara test in determining if you are colour blind? 

How random was that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
7 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

How reliable is the Ishihara test in determining if you are colour blind? 

How Reliable is the Ishihara Test?

Source: Retina-Vitreus/Journal of Retina-Vitreous . 2019, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p251-258. 8p.

Author(s): IŞIK, Murat

 

Abstract: Purpose: Ishihara Pseudoisochromatic-plates first published in 1917 is the most preferred test to diagnose colour-blindness although the test has many drawbacks which may affect test results. The aims are to examine drawbacks of the Ishihara test, to investigate the ophthalmologists' colour vision test usage habits and views, to analyse the result parameters such as individuals' response time for per plate and total test duration.

 

Methods: To investigate the ophthalmologists' views, a 12-item questionnaire was applied to 140 ophthalmologists who have professional experiences in colour-vision tests in daily practice. To measure response time duration of per plate and total test duration, a brand-new Ishihara 38-plate version has been scanned and applied on 250 individuals through a PC. Results: Almost all the participants (98.57%) were using Ishihara pseudoisochromatic-plates in their daily routine clinical practice even though 85% of them believe that the Ishihara test does not meet their needs at least partially.

 

They also believe that the plates deform in time and lose their accuracy. The standard deviations of the total test duration of per plate are quite high which means the total test duration for the Ishihara test cannot be standardized.

 

Conclusions: It is a matter of debate to use the Ishihara test with so many drawbacks which some of them may affect test results directly. Ishihara instruction about time is one of the contentious issues to decide if it should be followed during the test. For more definite results, the study should be applied on more individuals and the results should be compared with Anomaloscope.

 

This was written in the Retina-Vitreus/Journal of Retina-Vitreous in 2019

 

But don't do the test or administer it to someone else yourself it should only be done by a professionally who knows how to accurately read the results

 

6 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

How random was that?

You do realize you're in "Ask a Question" thread right? Where pretty much all questions are random as most of us aren't thinking about the same question being asked.

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wayne Kerr
5 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

But don't do the test or administer it to someone else yourself it should only be done by a professionally who knows how to accurately read the results

Thanks. I had done it myself and failed miserably. Funny thing is I can distinguish between traffic lights just fine and generally I don't seem to have a problem distinguishing between red and green, but when I took this test, except for the first number i couldn't see any other number lol so was wondering if it will affect my chances to drive or something like that. Yeah, I gotta get it done professionally if I want to be sure

 

11 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

How random was that?

How random is this response? I did the test though not in a professional capacity and was curious to know if it is an accurate indicator of colourblindness. 

  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
21 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Thanks. I had done it myself and failed miserably. Funny thing is I can distinguish between traffic lights just fine and generally I don't seem to have a problem distinguishing between red and green, but when I took this test, except for the first number i couldn't see any other number lol so was wondering if it will affect my chances to drive or something like that. Yeah, I gotta get it done professionally if I want to be sure

Nah there are plenty of people who are color blind and still drive as all stop lights are pretty much universal with the top light meaning stop. middle meaning be ready to stop and bottom is go and you can still read signs even if you can't see the color.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

Nah there are plenty of people who are color blind and still drive as all stop lights are pretty much universal with the top light meaning stop. middle meaning be ready to stop and bottom is go and you can still read signs even if you can't see the color.

True, but laws are laws. Some jurisdictions have fairly strict laws on color blindness. For example, some are fine even if your vision is monochromatic, others only require you distinguish between red and green, and yet others require you to have normal color vision to be allowed to drive. It all depends on local regulations.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

New York state wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could (and does) chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equivalent to the weight of the dirt, or 700 pounds.

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wayne Kerr

What's the best OTT service in India? 

 

I don't watch much TV apart from cricket but I'm thinking of changing that. I've narrowed it down to three options- Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+Hotstar. The problem is based on what I've researched, most of what I plan to watch is divided between these 3, for example Sopranos and the Wire is on Hotstar, Breaking Bad is on Netflix and some of Nolan's movies are on Amazon Prime. So I'm really confused on what to choose now. 

 

I'm now unsure if I should even do this, but can anyone who's knowledgeable about the Indian OTT services share their opinion on which service gives the most bang for your buck? I don't watch much TV so I don't have much of an idea as to what I want to watch except for what I've already mentioned and they're all divided between these three popular services :/

 

Edited by Utopianthumbs
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeanLadEn

Netflix is f*cking expensive here.

 

For cricket it changes depending on the country where the game is being played. Matches are broadcasted on Ten Sports, Sony Six and Starsports which have different OTTs lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wayne Kerr

@NileshKumar which OTT would you recommend? Especially if I guess I'm planning on watching crime and sci fi themed TV shows and movies? 

 

As for cricket, Hotstar has Star Sports right? Who streams Sony then? Cause the upcoming India- Australia series is in Sony. Anyways I don't know if I'll be going for anything I just wanted to get more information before choosing, I searched on reddit and stuff for this but couldn't find anything that could help make up my mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeanLadEn
1 minute ago, Utopianthumbs said:

@NileshKumar which OTT would you recommend? Especially if I guess I'm planning on watching crime and sci fi themed TV shows and movies? 

 

As for cricket, Hotstar has Star Sports right? Who streams Sony then? Cause the upcoming India- Australia series is in Sony. Anyways I don't know if I'll be going for anything I just wanted to get more information before choosing, I searched on reddit and stuff for this but couldn't find anything that could help make up my mind. 

I actually have have Jio plan, so I have all OTTs except Netflix for free lol😅😅

 

Sony channels are streamed on SonyLiv, this thing is cheap af

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
4 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

Netflix is f*cking expensive here.

 

For cricket it changes depending on the country where the game is being played. Matches are broadcasted on Ten Sports, Sony Six and Starsports which have different OTTs lol.

How much is Netflix a month in India?

 

Right now here in the US i'm paying $12.99/963.24r a month for the Standard HD 1080p plan 2 Screens + 2 Mobile Devices

 

Then there the basic $8.99/666.63r SD Plan 1 Screen + 1 Mobile Device

 

Then the 4k Plan which is $17.99/1334.01r you get 4 Screens + 4 Mobile Devices with 1080 & Ultra HD 4K

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wayne Kerr
5 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

How much is Netflix a month in India?

 

Right now here in the US i'm paying $12.99/963.24r a month for the Standard HD 1080p plan 2 Screens + 2 Mobile Devices

I think Netflix's Premium service is Rs 799 per month which is cheaper than in the US but way costlier than the comparable services of others here for example Hotstar premium comes to Rs 299 and Amazon Prime to Rs 129 if I'm not mistaken.

 

Netflix does have cheaper plans like the Rs 199 plan but I think its mobile only and for the other plans I'm not sure , I think for TV the premium plan is the most appropriate but it's comparatively too costly for my broke ass lol. 

 

It sucks that the library is divided between these three OTTs so much, there's a JioFiber service that gives you these or atleast two of these mentioned OTTs plus local ones for about Rs 1180 per month plus they provide 150 mbps internet (or so they claim) so while it's a good package overall, paying 3-4 times what I pay for TV makes me hesitant to go for it

Edited by Utopianthumbs
Added per month where applicable
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeanLadEn

Exactly, Netflix is cheaper as compared to US but expensive as compared to what people earn

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

I have no doubts I know the average wages for typical Indians are barely enough to even survive from what I read is around Rs 72,805/$981.00 to Rs 94,954/$1.272.00 a year

 

I was just curious 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeanLadEn

Do you think people have an open mind at spending money while earning a mere 1000$ yearly?

  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
MrBeanLadEn

Can we exclude a whole folder in McAfee? 

It causes my C++ program to take 15 seconds to execute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
sivispacem

You could just uninstall McAfee and use a lighter weight AV that isn't absolute crap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeanLadEn
13 hours ago, sivispacem said:

You could just uninstall McAfee and use a lighter weight AV that isn't absolute crap.

How about Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

Link to post
Share on other sites
sivispacem
3 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

How about Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

Better, but there's no point using anything other than Defender really. You're either paying money for no real benefit or getting a bloated free application that's going to nag you every 5 minutes to buy the paid version. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed, it's been at least 6 months since I last had an AV installed and I have had no problems so far.

Edited by Ho Diver
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.