4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Have a Question? V3

Voodoo

Wayne Kerr

This will probably sound like a joke question but I don't mean it so I'm having one of those nights right now and wanted to know what some of you may feel about this

Is it better to be the owner of a lonely heart or the owner of a broken heart, so to speak? 

• Like 2

paperbagdude
1 hour ago, Wayne Kerr said:

This will probably sound like a joke question but I don't mean it so I'm having one of those nights right now and wanted to know what some of you may feel about this

Is it better to be the owner of a lonely heart or the owner of a broken heart, so to speak? 

Definitely a broken one. Trauma, pain and challenge are key elements to be converted into strength and process. The concept can be related to growing muscles - strain your muscles just enough daily and watch them grow bigger by the week, which then applies to the mind and heart. Failing to do so turns you bitter and mad, then lonely, thus possessing a lonely heart is ultimately the consequence of failing to manage a broken heart accordingly.

GhettoJesus
3 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

I am saying a lonely one. But I think it really depends on what kind of person you are. If you are the forgetting type who can get over stuff easily then a broken heart won't be a challenge to you.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

You're in luck.

I saw Yes back in the 80's so I'm kind of an expert.  Lonely heart > Broken heart as far as ownership.

Although...

"tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".

-Alfred Lord Tennyson

My real answer:  owner of a broken heart.  There is nothing better than the feeling of real love.   It's even worth a broken heart.  I'm talking real love.  The stuff that makes you sick to your stomach and lose sleep kinda love. 

Some miss out on it, and some get lucky...

Edited by trip
  • Like 3

You can help with graphics for an Xbox game.  Check out this thread here at GTAF for more info.

FREE!!! FREE!!! Free copy of my crappy little Xbox/Windows game NewZerk!!! <--Click to redeem free code!

MBMP1oP.png

DEADWOODZ
Posted (edited)

Anyone within the UK done jury service before? I'm doing it in a few weeks time and really not sure what to expect.

If it's a lot of waiting around, then i'm not bothered about that. Though i've been reading horror stories that people have been on like eight week trials...f*ck that!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Anyone within the UK done jury service before? I'm doing it in a few weeks time and really not sure what to expect.

If it's a lot of waiting around, then i'm not bothered about that. Though i've been reading horror stories that people have been on like eight week trials...f*ck that!

Most of the first day you'll just be waiting around for your group to be picked then there is more waiting to be called upon to answer questions by both legal teams.

Hate to break it to ya but you really don't have much of a choice on what kind of trial you've been summoned for, When I was 19 I was selected for a trial that lasted almost 3 1/2 months it was brutal but at least we weren't sequestered, at the time I wasn’t smart enough to get out of it now n days I have a medical excuse or am dismissed almost right away due to my ties with law enforcement.

There is sort of a way to figure out if you're going to be on a lengthy trial such as murder or other felonies is if there is a large number of people in your group as they usually bring between 15-20  people in a group so if there is more than 20 people in your group the higher chance it'll be a longer/felony type trial there were clost to 200 people in my group before it was narrowed down to the 18 - 12 jurors with 6 alternate's 

If you REEEEEEEEEALLY want to get out of doing jury duty just make sure you answer questions that make you look bad as a juror such as looking bias towards either the defense or prosecution by saying you know the defendant or a witness that they might call to appear but becareful doing this as if they find out you lied you could be held in contempt and/or prejury

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Wayne Kerr

How do I stop being addicted to the internet? Kind of a silly question but I find I either go cold turkey and avoid the internet altogether for weeks or I spend majority of the day on the internet and especially here lol, no sense of moderation at all. It got a bit bad a couple of months ago that I had asked for my account to get deactivated, luckily I was told to think about it and I feel losing my account isnt the answer but idk what is. I know you gotta replace a bad habit with a more productive activity and I could try reading books or watching shows etc but nothing is as captivating as surfing Youtube or browsing GTAF lmao, idk why. I could try asking my family to prevent me visiting for too long but I dont wanna lose my freedom either lol. I could try studying/getting a job but that is its own pandoras box that is best left unopened.

I know I'm being hard by saying I cant do this and I cant do this either lmao, I'll try making a stronger effort to limit my internet usage from now on but I felt like asking anyway just to see if anyone would share some pearls of wisdom or share their similar experiences.

There are a number of browser extensions that can help limit how much time you spend online. Limit is a particularly good one, because it lets you input the websites you feel are the most problematic as opposed to a blanket ban on browsing. This is helpful because somebody might want to spend much of their time on a particular site learning a language, but can't stop clicking over to YouTube. Pause takes a different approach, forcing you to literally pause and take a moment before visiting a website in an attempt to break the cycle of mindlessly clicking for no real reason other than sheer boredom. The interruption created by Pause helps you make an informed decision about how you're spending your time.

paperbagdude
On 5/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, Wayne Kerr said:

How do I stop being addicted to the internet? Kind of a silly question but I find I either go cold turkey and avoid the internet altogether for weeks or I spend majority of the day on the internet and especially here lol, no sense of moderation at all. It got a bit bad a couple of months ago that I had asked for my account to get deactivated, luckily I was told to think about it and I feel losing my account isnt the answer but idk what is. I know you gotta replace a bad habit with a more productive activity and I could try reading books or watching shows etc but nothing is as captivating as surfing Youtube or browsing GTAF lmao, idk why. I could try asking my family to prevent me visiting for too long but I dont wanna lose my freedom either lol. I could try studying/getting a job but that is its own pandoras box that is best left unopened.

I know I'm being hard by saying I cant do this and I cant do this either lmao, I'll try making a stronger effort to limit my internet usage from now on but I felt like asking anyway just to see if anyone would share some pearls of wisdom or share their similar experiences.

Rhoda's answer is excellent, as it seems to be a useful tool to manage internet activity, yet consider it your last resort if everything else fails.

I suggest you make a schedule you stick to daily. You keep it light for a couple of weeks so you can afford to make mistakes (or relapse), and as you slowly adapt yourself to become well-scheduled, you tighten it in order to discipline yourself. Problem with non-physical addictions such as with the internet (whether that'll be emotional or repetitive behavior), is that you lose interest in other activities than your addiction. You probably have limited interest in reading a book or cleaning up your room, yet forcing yourself to do so via the schedule will (if done accordingly) adjust you to become more productive among other activities and ultimately grow fund of them again. Also starting projects is a healthy and productive way to keep yourself busy if you find it interesting enough. Do something that will most importantly make yourself proud. Watch DIY videos, take notes, build a f*cking shed. Buy a high-quality Nikon and shoot some photos of your city/neighborhood, make an album of stunning photos everyone knows you've done. Do extracurricular activities that relate to your studies. The possibilities are endless.

What worked for me was making the internet more boring. It's easy to get sucked in to websites and get lost for hours. Once upon a time I fell in to the Reddit rabbit hole and it was very hard to get out of it, I basically had to cold turkey delete my account and all my karma. Which helped stop me giving a sh*t about internet points for dopamine fills. 

Set a schedule and stick to it. Limit your internet time and force yourself to do other things away from the screen. It is hard, but it works. Cold turkey is harder, but can work depending if you can muscle through it.

Take a week off from GTAF or one of your favourite sites, and you will realise you really didn't miss all that much.

• 3 weeks later...

EBDF5048-0623-45C3-A8E6-D88BB3DB7E96.png

What the hell is this and how do I delete it?

paperbagdude
11 hours ago, Payne said:

What the hell is this and how do I delete it?

iCloud is a service provided by Apple, where (if enabled) documents, photos, backups etc. will be uploaded and saved in relation to your Apple-ID. This means you can view such documents and photos across different Apple devices with your account signed in, or alternatively upload a backup to a new iPhone. Deleting iCloud data can be done by signing in to icloud.com with your Apple-ID.

Keep in mind that iCloud data does not take memory on your phone as it as the name states, in the cloud.

Why’d they put it in the “iPhone storage” if it doesn’t take up anything?

paperbagdude
5 minutes ago, Payne said:

Why’d they put it in the “iPhone storage” if it doesn’t take up anything?

Unfortunately, that is knowledge I am yet to gayne.

But try checking out your iCloud drive anyway, see if there's something around there taking up 962 MB of data

• 4 weeks later...
Panzermann11

Thought I would re-post a question I asked earlier here because I was told to do so:

I'm interested in firearms, so I need help finding a good website with a huge collection of reticles in firearm optics, such as the PSO-1, SUSAT and the T-Post used in WW2 German rifles. What if I wanted to make a game or a mod featuring many various scoped weapons around the world and I wanted the weapons to have accurate scopes as possible? I'll also have to know which type of gun with its own scope or an inividual scope uses a reticle. So I'm asking: where can I find a collection of firearm reticles?

For example, this is a picture of a Steyr AUG's intergrated scope's reticle.

Edited by Panzermann11

I'm not too familiar with firearms, but have you considered browsing Reddit? If there's a board for photos of cats standing up, there's bound to be one dedicated to gun nuts that are more than happy to help you out. I know the site gets crapped on repeatedly for various reasons but honestly, the people that browse and contribute towards niche topics are frighteningly knowledgeable.

Trying to log into my friend’s account but sh*t just keeps giving me dumbass error codes like “80151103”. He’s on the other side of the world, may this have something to do with it? Is there a way around? Device: Xbox 360

Probably a location thing as I cannot straight log into it on my phone either.

Edited by Payne
New information

Would it hurt the console(Xbox 360 E) to power up a USB fan?

Something like this, 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdJ4YZVgLHL8Qfd6ogqmV

Are these kind of stuff designed so that they are compatible with everything with a USB entrance with no harm to the device they are connected to?

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll use Aripiprazole in the next few hours. I used it before but the side effects are terrible.

It makes me really sleepy but I’m unable to sleep because at the same time, it causes incredible Insomnia.

I’ll either drink so much coffee so I won’t be sleepy or I’ll use some pills to be able to sleep. Which one is better and why?

sivispacem
On 7/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, Payne said:

I’ll use Aripiprazole in the next few hours. I used it before but the side effects are terrible.

It makes me really sleepy but I’m unable to sleep because at the same time, it causes incredible Insomnia.

I’ll either drink so much coffee so I won’t be sleepy or I’ll use some pills to be able to sleep. Which one is better and why?

Why don't you just not take it?

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

-Have been prescribed a while ago but stopped for reasons. They actually work, it’s just the side effects are really bad. I’ve been told i can get used to the side effects but I’m not sure.

-Certain situation where i wanna be calm, it does it well except the sleeping part.

paperbagdude
On 7/18/2021 at 7:51 PM, Payne said:

I’ve been told i can get used to the side effects but I’m not sure.

This is true, my dad used to get semi-high off his prescription morphine, but now it's like - nah.

I don't know what kind of pharmaceutical you're referring to, but I assume it is a benzodiazepine. Consult your doctor and ask for an alternative drug to try instead and consider the payoff in terms of effectiveness relieving your symptoms and the side effects

sivispacem
On 7/18/2021 at 10:51 PM, paperbagdude said:

This is true, my dad used to get semi-high off his prescription morphine, but now it's like - nah.

I don't know what kind of pharmaceutical you're referring to, but I assume it is a benzodiazepine. Consult your doctor and ask for an alternative drug to try instead and consider the payoff in terms of effectiveness relieving your symptoms and the side effects

It's an antipsychotic mostly used for treatment of bipolar disorder

• Like 1

Untitled-1.jpg

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Depending on what you're taking it for, you could perhaps request a substitute. I take promazine for my bipolar disorder management and it works a treat for most of the time. For me, it's non-drowsy and works quickly. I take variable doses depending on the severity of symptoms and how I feel.

• Like 1

paperbagdude
On 7/19/2021 at 10:34 AM, sivispacem said:

It's an antipsychotic mostly used for treatment of bipolar disorder

Fair enough. When he mentioned his desire to feel calm, I assumed he referred to clinical anxiety.

Hope you get the resources you require, Payne ❤️ 

Does anyone know what the “getting used to the side effects” time may be if it’s a thing for this substance?

I used it for two days, felt like sh*t. Quit for i think two days and now started again, been two days again, feels like sh*t, though it was better yesterday.

sivispacem

A minimum of a week is a good start if it's something you're supposed to be taking on a daily basis. For full acclimatsation it can be months. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Wayne Kerr

is it worth sending my laptop for servicing over one of my laptop keys not working (an arrow key)? Is it going to be some quick and cheap fix or will they have to replace the whole keyboard or anything like that?

paperbagdude
On 7/21/2021 at 5:28 AM, Wayne Kerr said:

is it worth sending my laptop for servicing over one of my laptop keys not working (an arrow key)? Is it going to be some quick and cheap fix or will they have to replace the whole keyboard or anything like that?

Have you considered that the key might just be filled with filth, grease and manjuice to a degree where it has lost all conductivity to the rest of the keyboard?

You could try cleaning the key underneath with a swap lightly soaked in isopropanol. I would advice you to run a tough game for at least 15 minutes and then turn off the laptop, so it is hot, thus the isopropanol will evaporate faster upon introduction to the keyboard.

edit: make sure it is the >99% chemically pure stuff

Edited by paperbagdude