• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• Ai®a©ob®a

• feckyerlife

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

Yeah well get ćucked by foreign alphabets, GTAForums

15 hours ago, trip said:

Old like how?  Been in the fridge too long old or "man has been eating this since..." old?

"Been in the fridge too long" old.

9 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

What does "Does the pope sh*t in the woods" mean?

It's a malapropism or portmanteau of the phrases "does a bear shit in the woods?" and "is the Pope catholic?", and serves as a bit of a running joke. It's almost like an anti-joke. The characters take it to mean "yes", when obviously ol' Popey probably has a golden toilet of some fashion. It's not so much a common saying these days, but it was seen as a coy way of agreeing with somebody or saying yes or to add snark, like "I was so obviously going to say yes to that, why even waste your time asking".

1 hour ago, Rhoda said:

Not food as such, but when i was about 20 I drank Angostura bitters that went out of date in 1986 and they tasted absolutely fine.

So far it's the only time I've consumed anything with a sell-by predating my birth.

When we moved into our new house we found a tin of Branston baked beans (because Heinz are awful and watery) that had gone out of date in 2008 but we didn't eat them.

42 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

When we moved into our new house we found a tin of Branston baked beans (because Heinz are awful and watery) that had gone out of date in 2008 but we didn't eat them.

On a related note, Branston beans are the best brand. Heinz, as you say, are too watery and are practically tasteless. My wife and I have entered a heated discussions about baked beans on more than one occasion.

2 hours ago, Rhoda said:

6 year old sesame oil.  From a shelf...all warm...not even a cold fridge to help preserve.

My wife makes a this one marinated mushroom side when we grill sometimes.  Once after we had finished she says "I should check the date on that oil".   She was like "guess when that oil expired"?

Oh and baked beans are on my too gross to eat list.  Just mushy grossness.

Edited by trip

What to do with pics of ex?

I guess this is an age old question, but I have thousands of photos of me and my ex on Google Photos, Snapchat, my Google Drive, old phone etc.

We had 4 years together and she was my side kick through high school and the following gap years. Due to that, I find it hard to delete them, as I feel as if that would be erasing history and an important chapter of my life. Looking at the photos, I do however get mixed emotions of joy from the memories, but also a helpless feeling of longing and despair considering how things ended and how I wanted it to continue.

I have also started seeing someone else after 8 months and how should I treat the photos should we start dating?

32 minutes ago, paperbagdude said:

What to do with pics of ex?

I guess this is an age old question, but I have thousands of photos of me and my ex on Google Photos, Snapchat, my Google Drive, old phone etc.

We had 4 years together and she was my side kick through high school and the following gap years. Due to that, I find it hard to delete them, as I feel as if that would be erasing history and an important chapter of my life. Looking at the photos, I do however get mixed emotions of joy from the memories, but also a helpless feeling of longing and despair considering how things ended and how I wanted it to continue.

I have also started seeing someone else after 8 months and how should I treat the photos should we start dating?

I'm not one to go to for any advice regarding a situation with an ex, but if you're getting even the slightest feeling of regret about erasing history, you maybe shouldn't do it.

I know I'm incredibly grateful for my past self for preserving all I could from my, ahem, early internet misadventures no matter how much some things make me cringe. Wish I could've done more, actually.

EDIT: What I said below becomes pretty useless in the meantime, I found similar info in the sticky Q&A topic (I was searching in Support/Network area).

There is info about it and what I mentioned below is also mentioned by others. Now, I know where to look for info. I'll ask for this reply to get moved

over there or binned as there is already similar content, but I found it too late. 😐

There has been obviously a layout update to the forum very recently. Is there any (official/announcing) topic about it? Tried to find one but without success. Since I didn't found such "update topic" I will try to make it a simple question here about having layout/interface issues since these update. The forum interface looks strange in the last days. It works as it should but somehow it looks a bit messy. I attached a pic to show what exactly I mean in this specific case (I don't consider this important enough to create a topic itself about it, also since I don't know yet if such topic already exists).

-Stretched topic header (large blank dark areas):

UqebOBx.jpg

^ I'm talking about this "big/blank/dark/stretched areas" which make the topic header look messy and unnecessary stretched.

This stretchy looking topic header is also not specific to this above mentioned topic, it seems forum wide "issue" regardless which topic you're looking at. Is this layout update still WIP or not fully working or is this visual issue not known and due to that caused by misconfiguration on my end? I've also seen a topic/section (the Courtroom) which was all messed up with buttons and clickable stuff all mixed together, like if you have shaken the whole site and all normally ordered interface stuff has been jumbled all together like an interface soup without any order. This has been gone now (maybe I looked at it right during the udate or implementation). I hope you not consider this as complaining, but maybe this info is useful to determine if the update or implenentation works as it should. I've not seen such "artifacts" before, so I'll better report it and this ends up in several questions as you can see. If there is such topic you may move/merge my post as well. Thanks!

Edited by NaidRaida

So I guess I'm looking for opinions rather than actual answers.

I am currently studying laboratory technology at a university and I'm really passionate about it - it is certainly the right career path for me. Though, I am currently stressed due to various reasons, which means I have trouble not procrastinating and generally slacking on my school work. I also have trouble maintaining my relationships because of this and I don't have a job because of that stress. 

Now, the Region of Southern Denmark is seeking students and professionals within the medical and scientific field (which includes laboratory technicians) to properly handle and prepare covid-19 vaccines for the daily vaccination programs done by nurses and their assistants. I am really excited and enthusiastic about this since it regards something within my field of work, and since I chose to skip military service prior to college, I haven't done anything to serve my country nor have anything to be openly proud of, unlike many the same age as me who were conscripts and wore the uniform with pride. I see this opportunity as my literal call of duty and I honestly don't want to miss out on it.

Another problem is that either hospitals which I will be stationed at is between 88 - 122 kilometers away. Depending on the contract, I will have to take this drive every Monday - Friday after school or in the weekends, which I sadly consider a bit of a burden.

What do you guys think? Should I jump into this and apply for duty or will this break me down entirely considering my current state of stress?

I don't know what to do.

Edited by paperbagdude
50 minutes ago, paperbagdude said:

So I guess I'm looking for opinions rather than actual answers.

I am currently studying laboratory technology at a university and I'm really passionate about it - it is certainly the right career path for me. Though, I am currently stressed due to various reasons, which means I have trouble not procrastinating and generally slacking on my school work. I also have trouble maintaining my relationships because of this and I don't have a job because of that stress. 

Now, the Region of Southern Denmark is seeking students and professionals within the medical and scientific field (which includes laboratory technicians) to properly handle and prepare covid-19 vaccines for the daily vaccination programs done by nurses and their assistants. I am really excited and enthusiastic about this since it regards something within my field of work, and since I chose to skip military service prior to college, I haven't done anything to serve my country nor have anything to be openly proud of, unlike many the same age as me who were conscripts and wore the uniform with pride. I see this opportunity as my literal call of duty and I honestly don't want to miss out on it.

Another problem is that either hospitals which I will be stationed at is between 88 - 122 kilometers away. Depending on the contract, I will have to take this drive every Monday - Friday after school or in the weekends, which I sadly consider a bit of a burden.

What do you guys think? Should I jump into this and apply for duty or will this break me down entirely considering my current state of stress?

I don't know what to do.

Well for one I don't think you owe your country anything. If you would only do it because you feel you need to serve your country then don't. Your friends in the army ain't doing anything either (they are actually doing less than you). I mean listening some c*nt scream at them and running around isn't a great contribution to society. You will have plenty to contribute to society in your line of work. So the question that remains is: are you enthusiastic about the opportunity to drive this much? That is up to you to decide. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't live with it because as you said, you are stressed and procrastinating. I would get my act together (sorry if this sounds harsh, didn't mean it to) and focus on the here and now.

Edited by GhettoJesus
22 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Your friends in the army ain't doing anything either (they are actually doing less than you). I mean listening some c*nt scream at them and running around isn't a great contribution to society. 

And here it is folks. It came right at the end of the year, when you least expect it, but here is one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted on this forum. Not just for 2020, maybe one of the most ridiculous things ever said in general. 

I have a question for you, GhettoJesus, have you ever served? Or do you know anyone close to you who has served? 

I'm already taking no as the answer, hence your f*cking ridiculous comment. 

• Like 3

of course not, it is single-handedly one of the most difficult tasks to tackle in life. Since most of the time you dont even know the reason you are there for but in your head it is all an act of patriotism. When you are dismissed you live a completely different life. Your mind will never be the same ever again.

13 hours ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

And here it is folks. It came right at the end of the year, when you least expect it, but here is one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted on this forum. Not just for 2020, maybe one of the most ridiculous things ever said in general. 

I have a question for you, GhettoJesus, have you ever served? Or do you know anyone close to you who has served? 

I'm already taking no as the answer, hence your f*cking ridiculous comment. 

No I haven't and I am quite frankly against conscription. I know people who serve or have served and from what they say they aren't doing anything useful. One of them described it as "I am being paid to work out"

2 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

It is better to have something and not need it than it is to need something and not have it.

Not gonna lie...I've been reading this line philosophically for awhile now.

I don't know.  Can I pose it as a question?

Is it better to have something and not need it than it is to need something and not have it?

I'm not a minimalist by any stretch but I'm not sure it is good to have something and not need it.   Needing something is what motivates us.  Well, it motivates me.    

*I have fond memories of sheer panic because of not having money for food.

53 minutes ago, trip said:

Not gonna lie...I've been reading this line philosophically for awhile now.

I don't know.  Can I pose it as a question?

Is it better to have something and not need it than it is to need something and not have it?

I'm not a minimalist by any stretch but I'm not sure it is good to have something and not need it.   Needing something is what motivates us.  Well, it motivates me.    

*I have fond memories of sheer panic because of not having money for food.

That depends a lot on the situation tbh. There are times when you can just easily improvise. Although I buy stuff at times simply because "who knows when will I need it"

13 hours ago, trip said:

It's an opportunity cost question, and these are always situational. It would suck to need a parachute and not have it, but as I'm sitting here at home, I'm not really sweating it, and I'd feel right silly having one strapped to my office chair. On the other hand, if I go out paragliding, I want to have a spare, even though I know I'll almost definitely never get to use it, and I actually prefer it that way.

Or if we want to go back to a more philosophical framing, mind the Pascal's wager, but don't let it turn into Pascal's mugging.

1 hour ago, RyanDri3957V said:

Anyone know last update for Windows 7 before the "End Of Life" date?

Link please :(  I already Google it and it just give me s**t

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4534310/windows-7-update-kb4534310

This one I believe. The security only update is the KB4534314 one.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 1
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
1 hour ago, Payne said:

Don’t see the option to sign in anonymously. Where is that?

It looks like the latest update removed that option as it used to be there when you signed in

1 hour ago, Cameron Star said:

I think you have to sign out and then sign back in after ticking the option.

it used to be but it's not there anymore...

ea9fb47342df8b867a2494435ac9aa2b.png

Maybe @Spider-Vice can explain more

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Invision have moved this to account security settings.

https://gtaforums.com/settings/account-security/

4 hours ago, NaidRaida said:

Do you think a PSU will survive, beeing operated WITHOUT the integrated fan?

Most modern ones don't even run the fan below 50-60% load. If you're keeping it under that sort of level then yes, absolutely.

• Like 3

Most modern slash decent ones I'd say lol. If it's some cheap one I wouldn't trust it at all, especially as the cheaper ones are the ones that are more likely to take other components out with them when they die.

If it's a pricey build I don't think I'd risk it personally.

2 hours ago, sivispacem said:

Most modern ones don't even run the fan below 50-60% load. If you're keeping it under that sort of level then yes, absolutely.

Thanks for your help, thanks Jason. I can give some more details:

My concerns about removing the fan (it most likely have a broken bearing which eratically starts to rattle) is because of the heat it may produce under heavy load and the risk of fire (220VAC). Usually I would simply refund the PSU at the shop I bought it (warranty) but that's not possible right now, shops are closed, and due to the fact it was absolutely quiete for months now I didn't bothered it for long time.

But I'm not even sure how much load it really has. I don't think it is under full load, full load probably means playing games, there are no other intensive tasks I use. I upgraded my PSU as I installed the last GPU, a MSI RTX2070Super. It's a 700W BeQuiet Pure Power 11 PSU. Recommended for this GPU was 650W+ (really?), the old PSU was a ten year old 500W Cougar PSU which did a great job. Same machine but the Cougar had "only" a MSI GTX970 max. to power up. I believe the actual PSU has a permanently running fan, it also rattles when the whole pc is just idling. Sometimes I think it works better and more silent when the computer is heated up... but it's very erratic. Only thing I'm sure about is, that this is mechanical noise, you can slightly feel it when you touch the PSU casing, it sadly has an enormous resonance in the whole pc casing.

I don't suppose the 700W are needed fully with my system. When I use these online calculators, it mostly say that 700W is way way enough for this system. A lot of this hardware is totally oudated meanwhile anyway:

- MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming Mobo

- MSI RTX2070Super

- i7-4790 Macho fan (non K)

- 16 GB RAM Standard Corsair Vengeance

- 1 TB Barracuda bullsh*t HDD

- Standard DVD drive

- Three casing fans

- No LED or other useless stuff

HWMonitor also gives no indication that the PSU is under full or heavy load: CPU is around 80W full load, GPU is around 215W full load (as advertised)... so there should be enough power left for the other parts.

I always wondered about this fan inside the PSU, it practically has no big airflow, there is a tight dust filter on the casing air inlet (bottom side). I tested on of these inlet filters which was also mounted at the front of the casing and there is no real airflow because the mesh is very tight. I removed the mesh at the front cover for better air flow. This means much more dust inside the computer but the temps are way better, the airflow is much better. Now, the PSU fan is silent again, as if it is afraid of beeing removed. But when it's rattling all day long, this is psycho terror... I cleaned it very deeply and put some penetrating lubricant on the bearing, that helped alot while it was in "rattle mode" once. I don't understand why it is silent for months, and then starts to rattle suddenly. But I found no other noise source inside the pc, all other fans were stopped shortly manually but the rattling persists. The fan itself is -what wonder- also a BeQuiet product.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by NaidRaida
10 hours ago, NaidRaida said:

My concerns about removing the fan (it most likely have a broken bearing which eratically starts to rattle) is because of the heat it may produce under heavy load and the risk of fire (220VAC). 

I wouldn't be overly concerned with these. The fact that the fan is spinning up at all suggests you're exceeding circa 50% load but I would hazard not by much. A 2070S and typical desktop processor is likely to be drawing maybe 350-400W.

My biggest concern would be invalidating the warranty by cracking it open. 

You might be best served by ordering a replacement via next day delivery then returning the failed one for a refund when stores reopen.

^^Thanks! Would you generally recommend BeQuiet PSUs or another manufacturer? Do you have a favourite brand for PSUs? The one from your signature is about double the price of mine as I bought it.

I don't think my PSU is a trashy one, but there are probably better PSUs on the market. I always considered BeQuiet products as standard stuff... usually reliable (except my fan) but nothing special...

Well, it seems today every component manufacturer also sells PSUs. But I can remember a cheap computer I bought completely assembled and the first thing that went out was the PSU because this

was obviously cheap trash with no markings, no brand name written on it... just saying "Made in China". Made in China makes me nervous these days...

The Be Quiet stuff is generally really good. The Pure Power 11 is a good PSU to be fair, I reckon you've just got unlucky. Not as good as the Dark Power but still decent.

I'd also recommend looking at the Corsair RMi/HXi ranges, Seasonic Prime and EVGA P2 range. Personally I'm a big Corsair fan but I tend to go absolutely top end (hence the AX in my system). Though it must be said my AX is a good 7 years old now!

Both my old Corsair and my current Seasonic PSU has zero-RPM fan modes, and not even during gaming they kick in much, it depends on how much heat is generated and on the load that the PSU is getting from the PC's components. In my new case, not even during gaming the PSU heats up much as it's at the bottom of the case, isolated from the rest of the components. In my old setup, the fan kicked in often because the PSU was on top and was also an air exhaust as a result.

I do have my Seasonic's fan on always-on mode though just for peace of mind, it's not needed, but their quiet fan mode is what it says... quiet. Can't even hear the difference.

6 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

[...] just got unlucky. [...]

Hahaha, that's right. When you look at another case fan I didn't cleaned for long time: that was not a fan anymore, it was a whole gigantic peace of dust...

But it worked without problems, and silently - it shoveled it's way thru the megaton of dust. With zero air flow of course. A real loyal hero fan. Maybe the PSU fan is just too clean. :colgate:

Is it possible to recall a loan before payments are made on it because I loaned a friend of mine 900 dollars to buy a car and they’re stalling, acting like a dick, and probably using that money to go to New York for Christmas and I be livid

• excuseme 1