• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• Ai®a©ob®a

• feckyerlife

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

Yeah well get ćucked by foreign alphabets, GTAForums

@NileshKumar which OTT would you recommend? Especially if I guess I'm planning on watching crime and sci fi themed TV shows and movies? 

As for cricket, Hotstar has Star Sports right? Who streams Sony then? Cause the upcoming India- Australia series is in Sony. Anyways I don't know if I'll be going for anything I just wanted to get more information before choosing, I searched on reddit and stuff for this but couldn't find anything that could help make up my mind. 

1 minute ago, Utopianthumbs said:

@NileshKumar which OTT would you recommend? Especially if I guess I'm planning on watching crime and sci fi themed TV shows and movies? 

As for cricket, Hotstar has Star Sports right? Who streams Sony then? Cause the upcoming India- Australia series is in Sony. Anyways I don't know if I'll be going for anything I just wanted to get more information before choosing, I searched on reddit and stuff for this but couldn't find anything that could help make up my mind. 

I actually have have Jio plan, so I have all OTTs except Netflix for free lol😅😅

Sony channels are streamed on SonyLiv, this thing is cheap af

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
4 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

Netflix is f*cking expensive here.

For cricket it changes depending on the country where the game is being played. Matches are broadcasted on Ten Sports, Sony Six and Starsports which have different OTTs lol.

How much is Netflix a month in India?

Right now here in the US i'm paying $12.99/963.24r a month for the Standard HD 1080p plan 2 Screens + 2 Mobile Devices

Then there the basic $8.99/666.63r SD Plan 1 Screen + 1 Mobile Device

Then the 4k Plan which is $17.99/1334.01r you get 4 Screens + 4 Mobile Devices with 1080 & Ultra HD 4K

5 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

How much is Netflix a month in India?

Right now here in the US i'm paying $12.99/963.24r a month for the Standard HD 1080p plan 2 Screens + 2 Mobile Devices

I think Netflix's Premium service is Rs 799 per month which is cheaper than in the US but way costlier than the comparable services of others here for example Hotstar premium comes to Rs 299 and Amazon Prime to Rs 129 if I'm not mistaken.

Netflix does have cheaper plans like the Rs 199 plan but I think its mobile only and for the other plans I'm not sure , I think for TV the premium plan is the most appropriate but it's comparatively too costly for my broke ass lol. 

It sucks that the library is divided between these three OTTs so much, there's a JioFiber service that gives you these or atleast two of these mentioned OTTs plus local ones for about Rs 1180 per month plus they provide 150 mbps internet (or so they claim) so while it's a good package overall, paying 3-4 times what I pay for TV makes me hesitant to go for it

Edited by Utopianthumbs
Added per month where applicable
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

I have no doubts I know the average wages for typical Indians are barely enough to even survive from what I read is around Rs 72,805/$981.00 to Rs 94,954/$1.272.00 a year

I was just curious 

• 2 weeks later...

You could just uninstall McAfee and use a lighter weight AV that isn't absolute crap.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

How about Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

Better, but there's no point using anything other than Defender really. You're either paying money for no real benefit or getting a bloated free application that's going to nag you every 5 minutes to buy the paid version. 

• Like 1

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed, it's been at least 6 months since I last had an AV installed and I have had no problems so far.

Edited by Ho Diver
7 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. 

The vast majority are unreasonably heavyweight for what they do but several, Defender included, have basically very little performance impact.

And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed

Whilst this is broadly true these days, it's better to have and not need than need and not have. Unless you're super hot with Windows and browser patching you're still going to be vulnerable to drive-by type stuff from time the time so it's not a risk that's worth taking IMO. 

Last Chrome RCE exploit being used by cybercriminals in the wild was patched 12nd November, and the one before that was the 2nd. Neither required any user input to execute and both contained sandbox escapes. 

The myth that you only get nasties from visiting dodgy sites needs to be dispelled too. Between compromised legitimate websites, use of cloud service providers, domain fronting and malvertising there's plenty affecting normally "trusted" websites. I found a JavaScript credential harvester/keylogger on the login portal of a charity website literally yesterday.

Whether it's free or paid, I don't think there's a single antivirus isn't a bloatware that will slow your computer down. And honestly, unless you click/download every shady thing you find, I don't think you even need an antivuris installed, it's been at least 6 months since I last had an AV installed and I have had no problems so far.

I read it on google, 99% users said that McAfee scans the program first before running it taking 15 seconds for the first run

5 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

I read it on google, 99% users said that McAfee scans the program first before running it taking 15 seconds for the first run

That's truly idiotic. Why would you not just query the binary hash against a database of known good ones?

2 hours ago, sivispacem said:

That's truly idiotic. Why would you not just query the binary hash against a database of known good ones?

Well it did seem true because my first execution is always slow af, next ones take microseconds to execute

If it's something you've compiled yourself, it won't have a whitelisted hash to check against, but you could always whitelist the directory you're running it from.

Can you change your own negative review on steam later into a positive review or is it a on-time-only review? I never reviewed something on steam. Thanks!

I don't want to thumb down a game, just because it crashes right on first start... but that is indeed a pretty bad start, the worst you can say. Maybe I find a solution and feel the need to thumb up the game if it is nice.

I can't find any information on this on steam itself.

Edited by NaidRaida
18 minutes ago, NaidRaida said:

Can you change your own negative review on steam later into a positive review or is it a on-time-only review? I never reviewed something on steam. Thanks!

Pretty sure you can can change them.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:54 PM, Ho Diver said:

Pretty much. I always say the first line of defense when it comes to online safety and viruses is yourself. I've had my PC for a decade now; Never been updated and I don't have any AV's, yet it works as if new and I've never had any threats on my system.

By the way, is there a way to change the date format on here? Reading the month before the day is just... asinine. No offense to the US folk.

What type of knot is this?  My airmax nikes came with them and ive never opened in 2 years use the knot, because i liked them and dont know how to re do it. Theyr stretchy enough to just push and pull feet in and out so never needed to open it.

Looks better than than regular in my opinion. ive always thought regular shoelace knots are kind of ugly and messy looking in sport shoes and boots.

7BEWJaJ_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand

Edited by Kngee1899

It may be a sort of clove hitch.  What is definite is that it is a knot of form, not function. In other words it is there to look pretty to the buyer, not something to tie your shoelaces by.

22 hours ago, Ned Bingham said:

It may be a sort of clove hitch.  What is definite is that it is a knot of form, not function. In other words it is there to look pretty to the buyer, not something to tie your shoelaces by.

i know its not really meant to be daily shoe lace knot and its just there for look, but its really good looking for nike sneakers like that, so i figured why not to learn to make it myself.

I hate when regular shoe laces keep opening all the time and are floppin around ugly. These ones has staid tied firmly for more than 2 years and still looks good, no long ugly laces hanging around gettin stepped on.

I have tried to search it from google but cant find one like this.

edit: Thanks trip. Now i finally know what its called.

Edited by Kngee1899

You could try to reverse engineer it - look at the knot, undo a little bit of it and see if you can work out how it ties. This is how I learned how to tie my own shoes with a traditional knot as a kid. If not, sure, you lose the knot but at least you have photographs to ask how to tie it in the future. Maybe at some point in your life you'll encounter an expert who could not only tell you the name but all of its variations. Good luck.

Here's a trivial one - what's the oldest food you've eaten?

14 hours ago, Kngee1899 said:

What type of knot is this? 

Deadstock knot.  Here ya go bud.

2 hours ago, Rhoda said:

Here's a trivial one - what's the oldest food you've eaten?

Old like how?  Been in the fridge too long old or "man has been eating this since..." old?

46 minutes ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

Is it only in SA or other people in real life use it?

It's a real phrase that is a combination of the phrases "Is the Pope catholic?" and "Does the bear sh*t in the woods?". The question to both of these phrases is an obvious "yes" so these are just rhetorical questions.