• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• Ai®a©ob®a

• feckyerlife

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

Yeah well get ćucked by foreign alphabets, GTAForums

Question about GTA Concepts: are we still allowed to make them, Or are those days long gone?

Just asking because i might make a Good one this time.

13 hours ago, Payne said:

Youre a funny guy

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
14 hours ago, Earthbound said:

Test

Yep, but you've got to use the BBCode which is kind of annoying.

[color=blue]Test[/color]

Bullsh*t!

Just click "Request Desktop Site"

Problem solved

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody who knows photography have any advice regarding taking a decent selfie or photo of yourself. After things return to normal I'm going to make a tinder account, problem is I can't take a decent picture to save my life. Stuff like best angles, lighting etc all elude me. All I have to work from is an ok-ish camera from my phone. Any ideas on creative photo ideas to fill up the profile would be great too.

I need to know!  Is this true?  Have you folks in the UK been getting only brown eggs in your supermarkets for like 40 years now?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/white-shelled-eggs-available-supermarkets-122359471.html

It's the little things from around the world...ya know.

I mean, I'm sure I've seen white shell eggs from supermarkets and farmer's markets before, but perhaps not that kind. It says in the article it's an egg mostly used in the hospitality industry, but I don't doubt they've been sold on shelves before now in some capacity. We don't however just have access to brown shelled eggs. One of my favourite eggs to cook with are those from the Bluebell Araucana hen. Despite how the shell looks, which is a gorgeous pastel blue, the inside is pretty much the same. I find the flavour more rich and the yolk more delicious.

So, in answer to your question, it's a little from columns A and B. They might be talking about a particular white shelled egg, but no, we've been able to buy many varieties of eggs for a good while.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:18 PM, The Time Ranger said:

Does anybody who knows photography have any advice regarding taking a decent selfie or photo of yourself. After things return to normal I'm going to make a tinder account, problem is I can't take a decent picture to save my life. Stuff like best angles, lighting etc all elude me. All I have to work from is an ok-ish camera from my phone. Any ideas on creative photo ideas to fill up the profile would be great too.

don't bother with it mate, have friends take your picture. selfies don't read well on dating profiles tbh

I have a question, is it possible to run out of Yee reacts on the new site? thanks

Edited by mr quick
question about yee reacts
  • Like 1
Another GTA Fan

If you toast bread on one side, is it considered bread or toast? Just made myself toast under spaghetti and this sh*t has me worried.

16 hours ago, mr quick said:

don't bother with it mate, have friends take your picture. selfies don't read well on dating profiles tbh

I have a question, is it possible to run out of Yee reacts on the new site? thanks

Yeah I see where you're coming from, It's just hard to fill out nine photos and I was hoping to pad that out with a  few selfies, I don't really have anybody to take pictures for me, got acquaintances and "drinking buddies," for lack of a better word, but the one guy I know who would do it is busy so I don't want to bother him, couldn't anyway with restrictions, still though I've got time to sort this out, I've going to create the profile in a few months once some normality returns. 

Tell ya what though, you could try casually mentioning it sometime you're with your buddies. That's how I got at least one of mine; "Hey man take a picture for me, I need more tinder pics" 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, mr quick said:

Tell ya what though, you could try casually mentioning it sometime you're with your buddies. That's how I got at least one of mine; "Hey man take a picture for me, I need more tinder pics" 

There's nothing to lose I guess, no harm in asking them.

Another GTA Fan

I want to get into Dark Souls, but I've never watched any LPs of any of the games. Which one would you recommend to start with? Is it like Final Fantasy where it doesn't matter what installment to start playing for the first time, or is it a series where I should start with the 1st and work through them in order?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

how to tell someone you find them really boring without sounding like an asshole?

Talk back boring stuff to him and If he says you're boring, you may tell him he's boring too. 😎

12 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

Talk back boring stuff to him and If he says you're boring, you may tell him he's boring too. 😎

She's far too boring to call me boring or even think of anything as interesting to say as calling me boring

On 5/25/2020 at 5:55 AM, trip said:

I need to know!  Is this true?  Have you folks in the UK been getting only brown eggs in your supermarkets for like 40 years now?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/white-shelled-eggs-available-supermarkets-122359471.html

It's the little things from around the world...ya know.

I surmise the reason is that brown shells hide the discoloration of the cuticle that protects the egg. In the US we scrub the cuticle off the shell to get it perfectly clean. Thus our white eggs look better than theirs (at the cost of us having to store eggs in a fridge).

Edited by Dark Spark
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

She's far too boring to call me boring or even think of anything as interesting to say as calling me boring

Don't hang out with her. Always make yourself busy like (oh sorry, my girlfriend is coming over and she doesn't want me to be with another woman) ,or maybe find an interesting topic that you guys can actually talk about.

• 2 weeks later...

REcently my voice has gotten all creaky and cracky, especially in the evening. I sound like I've been screaming all day, but I usually haven't. Sometimes, I might not have said a word in a day, but my voice is still raspy like I'm in my sixties and have lived a hard life of smoking adn drinking. Should I be concerned? 

Edited by mr quick
17 minutes ago, mr quick said:

REcently my voice has gotten all creaky and cracky, especially in the evening. I sound like I've been screaming all day, but I usually haven't. Sometimes, I might not have said a word in a day, but my voice is still raspy like I'm in my sixties and have lived a hard life of smoking adn drinking. Should I be concerned? 

Of course, I'm am a doctor and expert 😛 

I would be concerned. Not worried. But concerned. According to the link below a common cold or upper respiratory tract viral infection can cause this. But the article states that most causes of a hoarse voice are harmless and it should go away. It says if doesn't go after two weeks, go to a physician. 

Get well soon! It's a pain when these things happen. It's the not-knowing that's frustrating. But hopefully it will sort itself out. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17105-hoarseness-frequently-asked-questions

Edited by Mister Pink

Hmm, might have to see a doc then. It's been a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the HideMyAss VPN? I like the price, its very cheap, but it seems too good to be true.

16 minutes ago, Ho Diver said:

Has anyone tried the HideMyAss VPN? I like the price, its very cheap, but it seems too good to be true.

I've used Windscribe for a while mostly because I get 50GB m/o free with them. Heard NordVPN are good too.

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

I've used Windscribe for a while mostly because I get 50GB m/o free with them. Heard NordVPN are good too.

I've never heard about windscribe before, but after reading about it I think I might give it a try.

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

Heard NordVPN are good too.

I've seen Nord VPN ads on various websites. It claims to hide the original IP address after showing the current IP (which is already changed via another VPN).

15 minutes ago, NileshKumar said:

I've seen Nord VPN ads on various websites. It claims to hide the original IP address after showing the current IP (which is already changed via another VPN).

There are three kinds of public VPN provider.

Those, like Nord, who have already been compromised and cleaned up.

Those that are are compromised but don't know it.

Those that will be compromised in the future.

To be honest Nord are amongst the best of a largely fairly bad bunch but they're enormous targets for all sorts of nefarious people.

And never, ever, ever go for a free VPN provider. They can only offer a free service by profiting from selling your browsing data which kind of defeats the purpose. Lots of them are run by very, very shady companies indeed.

• Like 2

A problem with some free VPNs, aside from privacy concerns, is that some sites will block you from accessing them entirely because of suspicious activity from whatever IP address you've been assigned. Often you don't get a choice in which server you use, only by country and even then your options are extremely limited.

I have a related question.

Why do everyday people want to use a VPN for basic internet activities?  I'm not sure I see a practical need.

E:

Only thing I can think of is living in an area where various internet access is restricted/controlled and you wanted to "internet" in a less restricted region.

Edited by trip
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, trip said:

Why do everyday people want to use a VPN for basic internet activities?  I'm not sure I see a practical need.

One practical reason is to get past region locks on sites. For example, Netflix has a different catalog if you're watching from Canada, and I don't know if it still works, but at least for a while, you were able to watch Canadian Netflix by using a VPN tunnel to an end point in Canada. This sort of thing is by far the main legitimate use of VPN that I'm aware of.

Encrypted VPN is also great if you're going to access an unsecured website (HTTP rather than HTTPS) from a public place. Some airports will inject advertisements directly into a page, for example, if you're hitting the end point that's not secure. Some of these can even be malicious. VPN lets you prevent that. Technically, someone can also be sniffing your passwords from an unsecured website, but you shouldn't be entering passwords if connection isn't secure. Like, seriously, just don't. VPN also prevents somebody from learning which servers you connect to. So if I go to (and this is entirely made up) https://animals.com/pandas.html, you can see that it's a secure address, so somebody sniffing the connection will know I went to animals.com, but won't know that I went to pandas.html page. If I use VPN, they won't be able to tell even which site I went to. Does that distinction really matters? Very rarely, but some people are very sensitive about their privacy.

Outside of that, everything else basically falls on the side of either paranoid ignorance or actually covering up illegal activities. Sometimes the later is political activism, which is entirely understandable if you're in a authoritarian country, but most of it involves some sort of criminal activity. Drugs, prostitution, and illegal pr0nography being the main ones. Although, anyone who just uses a VPN for these sorts of things is an idiot and will probably be caught eventually. Nonetheless, VPN is one of the layers you can employ to make finding you more trouble than it's worth to the authorities, which is usually all that's required. So it is one of popular uses of VPN at the end of the day.

The fact that there are so many businesses lately pushing VPN is more of a sign of how many people are ignorant about internet security than of it actually being used for anything practical. "Corporations are spying on you, use our VPN!" is an easy message to sell. It's also mostly snake oil.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, trip said:

E:

Only thing I can think of is living in an area where various internet access is restricted/controlled and you wanted to "internet" in a less restricted region.

In some places (Germany and the US for example) are tough on piracy and people would rather not have the police show up to their home if they are gonna download stuff. Another thing I heard is bypassing GDPR. A lot of sites are still not and never will be compliant with GDPR so they just straight up block to the site for EU users. These are the two reasons I can think of.

Oh I totally understand what people use VPNs for.  Usually to hide their nefarious activity.  Naturally if you are pirating software, movies, music...etc you would want to be hidden as best you can behind a vpn or 2(or 3 or 4).

I don't really buy the encryption in public places argument these days since almost everything is forced onto 443 SSL now.  Even basic web browsing is almost all SSL now.  And even then in a public place you are still transferring your packets openly on the way to the VPN tunnel...just as vulnerable to air sniffing as anyone else in Starbucks.

I date back to the very early(first) IPsec VPNs used for business.

I honestly see it as marking ripoff.  They are advertising VPNs to everyday people who don't really need a VPN.  My father shouldn't be asking me if he needs a VPN for for facebook browsing.

4 hours ago, trip said:

Even basic web browsing is almost all SSL now.  And even then in a public place you are still transferring your packets openly on the way to the VPN tunnel...just as vulnerable to air sniffing as anyone else in Starbucks.

[...]

They are advertising VPNs to everyday people who don't really need a VPN.  My father shouldn't be asking me if he needs a VPN for for facebook browsing.

The VPN tunnel should be point-to-point encrypted. I'm not going to claim they all are, but it's supposed to be. So even your DNS requests should be encrypted, meaning absolutely everything past the VPN handshake should look like garbage to anyone trying to sniff he traffic.

I completely agree with that second bit, though.

• Like 2