• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• Ai®a©ob®a

• feckyerlife

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

Yeah well get ćucked by foreign alphabets, GTAForums

6 hours ago, Rhoda said:

@NaidRaida

It seems like a combination of a trilby and what's known as a pork pie hat. These hats are usually flatter on the top, and have that lip that you're interested in. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in hats so I can't be certain that's what he's wearing, and obviously as time goes on the trends change. If you happen to image search "pork pie hat" you'll find similar shapes but their designs have been tweaked to bring them to a more contemporary wardrobe. I don't think the casual wearer would be able to tell you the subtle differences between a trilby, fedora, a pork pie, or anything in between because sometimes the elements are borrowed to create something stylish and versatile.

Thank you for your response. You're right, I know the Pork Pie and I believe I have already one of these. With diamond shaped crown and you can fold the brim downwards at the front but then it look like a Fedora with a small brim.

This hat in my picture has a unique brim, like rolled up at the sides but the front and back is more flat. This is annoying to me with the usual Pork Pie. If the brim is folded upwards all around it look a bit stupid. I have a professional

hat store here and have taken a look but I found nothing compareable. I'll show the vendor the pic. My search will go on! People are used to say I have a "hat face" but what they mean, I don't know. Anyway, I love hats in all fashions.

And not only because of fashion, they are very useful too. Especially when it's raining. I constantly refuse to wear a cap to a suit. That doesn't fit together I think.

Edited by NaidRaida

I think it might be a felt Homburg, also know, as an Anthony Eden hat.

14 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

I think it might be a felt Homburg, also know, as an Anthony Eden hat.

Pic search for Anthony Eden hat or Homburg comes pretty close to what I'm looking for. Sides up, front/back flat, folded crown. That's a good point to start a careful search. Most likely I'll have to order online anyway. Thank you! Awesome!:inlove:

I would call this a suit-fitting-cowboy-hat. I've seen cowboy hats with similar brim shapes often I think. But then they have feathers or something which I absolutely don't like. I'm not bavarian, haha.

P.S.: I've only ordered one thing in my life online. Guess what, it was a hat!

Edited by NaidRaida

The Homberg is actually, contrary to popular belief, what Winston Churchill wore rather than a Bowler.

• Like 2
On 12/20/2019 at 4:45 PM, sivispacem said:

The Homberg is actually, contrary to popular belief, what Winston Churchill wore rather than a Bowler.

I've choosen this one: https://www.baileyhats.com/hollywood/godfather.html

I was moaning about the Fedora beeing too Mafia like and now ordering a hat named "Godfather". :p

Look here, sivispacem, this explains most of it: https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/homburg-hat-history-style/

Thanks again for that input.

Edited by NaidRaida
10 hours ago, spectre07 said:

Oh the irony, stop drinking.

what? i know most see me a sh*tposter but i don’t get it, i’m a sh*tposter only in the pit. other than that i share opinions and try to give correct information to some people that’s it.

16 hours ago, Max.pain said:

I’m a sh*tposter only in the pit

Correction- you're only an intentional sh*tposter in The Pit. You do it accidently elsewhere.

Not asking questions that could be answered better by Google would go a decent way.

Also, take heed of Rhoda's post from the last page.

5 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

Not asking questions that could be answered better by Google would go a decent way.

that sounds about right.

5 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

Also, take heed of Rhoda's post from the last page.

and if anything’s up, let spikey know about it, try not to break our game.

Damn, just bought a ps4 pro and it would not start.  Gave me the beep when pressing the power button but no sign of it staying powered up or outputting a video signal.  Returned it and got another and the same problem happened again.  The security seal was broken on the 2nd console box.

My question is.  Is this a common fault with PS4 Pro or did I mess up the simple setup?  I did test both consoles on different monitors with the same result.

^ That is not normal if you purchased it legally. And it's not a setup problem. The console must have any video output before the setup even starts. A broken security seal is very suspicious. Where did you bought it?

The only thing I can imagine is a new console variant with new CUH number, and if it has a massive software update it might be faulty but I cannot imagine Sony is going to deliver such console during christmas time.

What you're telling sounds very strange. I would also check the socket you plugged it in. Maybe you have an undervoltage or something. It's most unlikely that you purchased two broken consoles in a row. How could they have

passed QM?

I got them from Argos.  Thankfully.  Was able to replace and refund within 1 hour. Purchased a Xbox One X and that fired up straight away using the same socket and HDMI cable.

Hope they send them back to Sony instead of repackaging/selling them on.  If they do resell someone will have a sh*t Christmas morning trying to get it to work.

Maybe the vendor purchased a whole batch with malfunctions. Therefore, in this case, I would buy the console elsewhere. Two buy two faulty consoles in two different shops is close to impossible I'd say. Your case is strange enough.

Hi guys.

Surely some of you here have bought and played Hitman 2 (2018) PC game. I've checked it out today on Steam and it's 75% off. It's a big opportunity for me to get it. However, there are different ''editions'' available to buy such as ''Gold'', ''Standard'' etc. I researched what each of the editions includes and if I'm not mistaken, in order to get the full Hitman 2 game with all its features (such as weapons, online contracts, sniper missions etc.) + all the levels/missions of Hitman 1 (2016), I need to buy the Gold edition, right? 

My question is, if I buy the ''Gold'' edition, do I still have to buy expansion stuff each time the developers release a new update or a new level/mission or do I get the free game updates forever from that point on just like GTA V?

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
31 minutes ago, Korpi said:

What is the meaning of life

This is very specific but i'm getting mixed answers from googling it. I want to read my old deleted fb messages+conversations, not archived ones, actual deleted ones. Will the download your data feature on fb give these to me, it's sort of important so any replies would be appreciated.

Windows task manager shows high CPU usage (>50%) upon launching and immediately reduces to 0-2%. It also tells that I use 25% (4 GB) of memory when idling.

Is it normal?

3 hours ago, The Time Ranger said:

This is very specific but i'm getting mixed answers from googling it. I want to read my old deleted fb messages+conversations, not archived ones, actual deleted ones. Will the download your data feature on fb give these to me, it's sort of important so any replies would be appreciated.

No, I could be wrong.  You could check the email account associated with Facebook.  Most email service providers let you recover deleted emails.  Check email FAQ.   If you do not get a copy/receipt of FB messages via email don't bother checking.  You will find nothing.

6 minutes ago, Rajaraja said:

Windows task manager shows high CPU usage (>50%) upon launching and immediately reduces to 0-2%. It also tells that I use 25% (4 GB) of memory when idling.

Is it normal?

Yes. 

Edited by Guest
Self-Destructive Man

I watch my tv on a normal volume but it gets very loud when a song play during the movie, tv series, game, etc. Is this a normal ocurrence on modern tvs and is there a way to change?

8 hours ago, Self-Destructive Man said:

I watch my tv on a normal volume but it gets very loud when a song play during the movie, tv series, game, etc. Is this a normal ocurrence on modern tvs and is there a way to change?

Have you fussed with the audio settings with the TV?  You know... make sure all the settings match your equipment.  Ie; If you don't have a 5.1 sound system attached to your TV make sure the TV doesn't think so...stuff like that.  If the audio channels don't line up sound can be distributed in odd ways.

It's a racket.  :) I invested in a soundbar with a set of surround speakers and a sub woofer to deal with TV sound.  

But still...even with supplemental audio equipment I can still be watching a movie where it seems like dialog is quiet and action sequences are crazy loud.

Self-Destructive Man
2 minutes ago, trip said:

Have you fussed with the audio settings with the TV?  You know... make sure all the settings match your equipment.  Ie; If you don't have a 5.1 sound system attached to your TV make sure the TV doesn't think so...stuff like that.  If the audio channels don't line up sound can be distributed in odd ways.

It's a racket.  :) I invested in a soundbar with a set of surround speakers and a sub woofer to deal with TV sound.  

But still...even with supplemental audio equipment I can still be watching a movie where it seems like dialog is quiet and action sequences are crazy loud.

I've never messed with the sound settings, tbh. It's been like this ever since I bought this TV.

Hey, anybody here know the Brand OR Type of sofa set in the pic?

Asking because i'm looking for a replacement set for my dad's old sofa & chair set he had back in the day.

All i know is that the Sofa & chair set is from the 1980s, that's about it.

Pic for Reference

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

If anyone finds something, message me Or Quote me here.

Thanks in advance

On 12/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, CRAZY AL WARD said:

Hey, anybody here know the Brand OR Type of sofa set in the pic?

Asking because i'm looking for a replacement set for my dad's old sofa & chair set he had back in the day.

All i know is that the Sofa & chair set is from the 1980s, that's about it.

Pic for Reference

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

If anyone finds something, message me Or Quote me here.

Thanks in advance

Did you father ever really like that particular style of sofa or was it thrust upon him by the people who are usually in charge of giving a damn about how a sofa looks, rather than it being comfortable and a good fit for his size?

• Like 1

I have it on good authority that AL's dad lives on a 90s pоrn set.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ned Bingham said:

Did you father ever really like that particular style of sofa or was it thrust upon him by the people who are usually in charge of giving a damn about how a sofa looks, rather than it being comfortable and a good fit for his size?

I mean, it was the 1980s & he wanted a sofa set for him & his family (Me, my brother & my mother)

+ i remember it being comfortable back in the day

Iirc, it was His Money: so he could do what he wanted with it, so to answer Your question: No, nobody forced him to buy it. He bought it & it was comfy too. Win-win for both him & me.

2 hours ago, sivispacem said:

I have it on good authority that AL's dad lives on a 90s pоrn set.

I mean, i wouldn't be suprised at That statement. He was always a gentleman & a playboy...

I remember this one time Me & him were pulled over by a Lady cop & she only wanted his phone number.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term: ''F**K the police''

I miss my dad tho, he was a good guy & a Better parent compaired to my mother

R.I.P. Dad: 1954-2010

• Like 1