3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Have a Question? V3

Voodoo

All zero byte files, regardless of extension and location, have the same hash, so I wouldn't put too much trust in a Microsoft association with it.

Do you have Comodo Internet Security? That's the closest filename/filewrite interaction I can find but it doesn't really explain the behaviour.

2 hours ago, sivispacem said:

All zero byte files, regardless of extension and location, have the same hash, so I wouldn't put too much trust in a Microsoft association with it.

Do you have Comodo Internet Security? That's the closest filename/filewrite interaction I can find but it doesn't really explain the behaviour.

I wouldn't put much trust in this association either. I can't believe OS files exists without any file description. In this folder? Makes no sense and I never saw such pop-up file in a temp folder.

And yes, I have Comodo security software installed, I also found something related to this product but it didn't helped me.

Generally this surprise me, searching for this specific file, I find almost nothing. If it's suspicious software you normally find tons of information, at least a file description or some note somebody made.

I should deinstall the Comodo software for a while and take a look if this file pops up again. The virus software also stores files here, but that is not Comodo.

I'd try uninstalling Comodo and see if that fixes it.

I will try that but I don't panic, there is nothing sensitive on this computer and if its a virus it seem to be a pretty lazy one.

I cannot recognize any unusual behavior of the computer besides zerobytespopupfiles.

I'm quiete lazy with deinstalling/installing too, but I'll try and tell you. Thank you so far.

What's the big attraction for middle-aged women and the Theatre?  Every time I pass one of the Theatres in town there's a huge gaggle of middle-aged women outside, cackling and laughing.

I suppose I could try to answer my own question.  Maybe it's the chance to dress up in your smartest clothes and meet your other middle-aged women friends, to gather in a whole screeching, giggling mass of perfumed female finery. Maybe it's the lights, the music, the dancing, jiggling spectacle on stage.  Maybe its the sight of the young, lithe, sexually unthreatening, almost invariably gay men, prancing around before their eyes.  Whatever, they seem to enjoy it all enormously.

^ You, sir, can create your own topic: Have an answer V3 :lol:

At least you can pass a theatre, my town has nothing like that. I mean you mean theatre, not cinema, right?

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Is it me or has the spiciness of Salas & Queso Blanco bought in stores gone down in spiciness over the years?

Orcam I buying the wrong one, Medium is spicier than Mild right?

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
13 hours ago, Max.pain said:

why do like to smoke more when i got alcohol in my veins?

Because your body inhibitors are down making it easier for you to do something you may not do very often in the first place.

While during the week when not drinking you have all of your faculty and having the willpower stopping you from over indulging but when intoxicated on alcohol or drugs your basic willpower faculties are extremely powered if not gone at all so there’s really nothing there to tell your brain....

No!

59 minutes ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Can one open/access the engine of the McLaren GT? Are there other cars with inaccessible engines?

No you can't, just like the 720S and the Bugatti Chiron (and quite a few other high-end supercars). Maybe they do it because if you need a special tool to open the engine, you'll take your car to a specialized shop instead of Duct-Taping over the problem. Or maybe have so much aerodynamic force through them that normal latches couldn't hold the engine cover down, I don't know.

How do you tell if someone has been banned.  Does something appear on their sidebar or in their profile, or does their existence simply stop, like being dead, and all their stays frozen in time, frozen just like it was the second they were banned?

Is there something wrong with making an official questions thread for a game to stop people making lots of threads? There is one for Gta III and it''s pretty good, stopped me from making a lot of dumb threads for simple questions

I once made for San Andreas in help and support section and Lil weasel changed it, I asked why with pm, he/she said "no need to make an official questions thread"

The one in Gta III section was made by a staff member so I tought "no problem in making such threads then". 

However in the end, it''s like weasel saying "San Andreas section is mine, I dont care what other staff think/do."

Edited by Max.pain
Spelling, edit2:spelling again

I've got no issue with you creating one and I doubt other staff will either. If weasel gives you sh*t about it, let us know.

i’d suggest it to be pinned to make things a bit more clear for new members

edit:

@ṼirulenⱦEqừinox at the sametime, i once couldnt finish second can of my beer with cigarettes and once puked of smoking four cigarettes after two beers. i believe this is about my stomach or body maybe?

edit2: is there a thread for comicbooks discussion?

Edited by Max.pain

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
On 12/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, Max.pain said:

i’d suggest it to be pinned to make things a bit more clear for new members

edit:

@ṼirulenⱦEqừinox at the sametime, i once couldnt finish second can of my beer with cigarettes and once puked of smoking four cigarettes after two beers. i believe this is about my stomach or body maybe?

edit2: is there a thread for comicbooks discussion?

It’s your body’s way of telling you to stop it as it doesn’t want to ingest it.

listen to your body

we have a book discussion thread somewhere in the GC but no dedicated comic book thread

i guess you could try making a thread ~ https://gtaforums.com/forum/16-graphics-visual-arts/ ~ since comic books fall under visual arts

On 12/14/2019 at 8:44 AM, Ned Bingham said:

How do you tell if someone has been banned.  Does something appear on their sidebar or in their profile, or does their existence simply stop, like being dead, and all their stays frozen in time, frozen just like it was the second they were banned?

Since switching to IPB4 there is no way to tell when a user has been banned unlike IPB3 when it would say BANNED underneath their names.

The only way to know for sure now is if a staff member decided to grace us with such information which they rarely do unless it’s something big

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Hopefully he found a community that embraced his brilliance.

With a restraining jacket and a padded cell.

• Like 3

There was likely a sale on moleskine notebooks and quills at the local market. Legend says he's still scribbling book four of his saga.

i just read on quorra or something and it says drinking a bottle of whiskey in an hour can kill you. you think that’s nonsense or possible? how tough is it to drink it?

Depends on:

a) The size of the bottle

b) The strength of the whiskey

c) The composure of the individual.

Back in my student days I did a 70cl bottle of vodka in ~1 hour a few times.

In hindsight, I wouldn't recommend it. It's like smashing 8 pints of beer in an hour, except the vomit that almost always ensues is much less pleasant. 

• Like 2

There's a spot in your life where you've been drinking long enough to tolerate massive amounts in a short amount of time, but you're young enough where you can bounce back with relative ease. It's obviously not good for you in any scenario, but the effects are easier to shrug off both in the long term and the short term. Ten years ago I drank so much whiskey that I contracted alcohol poisoning and my poo turned green for about three days. If I drank as much as I did that night now I'd probably injure my insides even more than I already have.

Alcohol awareness is great, but you've been posting a lot about it and asking some questions that lead me to believe you're a little too keen. Far be it from me to be the beer police, but don't push your body and brain to such extremes by pickling yourself. I understand the allure, especially when you're in an environment where it's more difficult to obtain or at an age where everything is a good idea, but don't put yourself through it just to see what happens. Experimenting is part and parcel of your formative years but be careful.

• Like 2

thanks for the advice, that means a lot(seriously, not joking :)).

no need to push it anyway, i was just curious. it’s actually pretty good to hear what people experienced in their lives, for example i wouldn’t know alcohol is that dengerous if i didn’t read from others.

edit: i also read some people say it’s not a good idea to mix drinks, do you know the reason for them to think that way?

Edited by Max.pain
1)spelling 2) didn’t wanna double post

jBi0Ugy.jpg

How is this hat of Michael Caine called (Jack The Ripper, 1988)? This is not a exactly a Bowler and it's not a classic Fedora nor a Trilby.

I like this brim type, round at the sides, more flat at the top/back. And it has a fold on top which a normal Bowler doesn't have. I like to use

a Fedora but this looks so Mafia like, but the Bowler is too round for me. This one looks cool in the picture, with parts of both. I don't like

this hanging brim of the grey hat on the right.

Edited by NaidRaida

6 hours ago, Max.pain said:

i also read some people say it’s not a good idea to mix drinks, do you know the reason for them to think that way?

It's the vomiting.  You'll learn.  Everyone does.

• Like 1

@NaidRaida

It seems like a combination of a trilby and what's known as a pork pie hat. These hats are usually flatter on the top, and have that lip that you're interested in. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in hats so I can't be certain that's what he's wearing, and obviously as time goes on the trends change. If you happen to image search "pork pie hat" you'll find similar shapes but their designs have been tweaked to bring them to a more contemporary wardrobe. I don't think the casual wearer would be able to tell you the subtle differences between a trilby, fedora, a pork pie, or anything in between because sometimes the elements are borrowed to create something stylish and versatile.

15 hours ago, Max.pain said:

i also read some people say it’s not a good idea to mix drinks, do you know the reason for them to think that way?

Hangovers are worse than if you just stick to one type of alcohol.