4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Voodoo

Have a Question? V3

K^2
8 hours ago, trip said:

I always thought I was Ukranian.  Turns out I'm 8% fish.

Way more than 8%. Hell, you're more than 60% banana. Of course, these tests usually measure the parts of DNA that actually make us unique, but still, technically speaking, most of our DNA is pretty much the same for all eukaryotic organisms. A mutation in something critical to cellular replication means you don't get to replicate, so these things don't change a whole lot. The stuff that makes you into a human being with arms and legs is actually a rather tiny set of genes.

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Gonna be straight - what are the odds that i'll be allowed to pick up empty ammo shells from the indoor shooting range without being a customer?

So i need a couple of empty .12 shells or really any other shotgun shells. It appears that my city does not offer dummy shells and i ain't buying stuff from the internet. I think it's cheaper and easier to buy some real ammo but i'd rather stay away from live rounds. I was thinking if i could pick up some of them from the firing ranges. I reckon that outdoors ranges has no problem with people picking up trash around, but there's no outdoors ones around. I recall i was let to pick up shells when i was using a shooting range back in a days, but im afraid they'll just drive me off when i'll ask "hello can i pick up shells for free?"

I need those just for the costume tho.

Edited by Sanches

ten-a-penny

How do you even send a message on the PS4? Been trying to 'give a shoutout' to AlienTwo and someone else (he's also in this forum, but I sadly forgot his PSN ID --- he's Detective Philips here), but every time I select "Send a message", the thing waits a bit, brings the menu before disappearing and saying "group created". Whatever that means.

ffffs Sony, was it necessary to make this sh*t random and not straightforward? The Dashboard/system of the PS3 was perfect. Why not just copy that and make/add the stuff the '4 have instead of creating this mess? Ugh. While i defo prefer the PS4, I find its layout to be completely botched.

K^2
On 3/30/2019 at 4:58 AM, Sanches said:

Gonna be straight - what are the odds that i'll be allowed to pick up empty ammo shells from the indoor shooting range without being a customer?

So i need a couple of empty .12 shells or really any other shotgun shells. It appears that my city does not offer dummy shells and i ain't buying stuff from the internet. I think it's cheaper and easier to buy some real ammo but i'd rather stay away from live rounds. I was thinking if i could pick up some of them from the firing ranges. I reckon that outdoors ranges has no problem with people picking up trash around, but there's no outdoors ones around. I recall i was let to pick up shells when i was using a shooting range back in a days, but im afraid they'll just drive me off when i'll ask "hello can i pick up shells for free?"

I need those just for the costume tho.

You probably won't be allowed onto the range yourself, unless you're shooting, and in general, I think ranges utilize spent shells. However, shotgun shells tend to be plastic and are basically just trash after being spent. So you might actually be able to just ask range employees to get you a few shells. Otherwise, people are generally allowed to collect their own shells, so you might be able to ask one of the customers to see if they'd be willing to bring you back a few shells. At any rate, no guarantees, but worth a try.

trip

What do men carry in their man purses?

GTA_CAT
43 minutes ago, trip said:

A hidden erection. 

trip

That's more of a front mounted fanny pack thing... I think.

GTA_CAT
Just now, trip said:

That's more of a front mounted fanny pack thing... I think.

It depends on the size. 

Otherwise it will be a way to be politically correct and show not only women bring purses, dunno.

It also could be that men trousers pockets are made smaller now like the ones I bought recently and now I can't put my phone nor wallet there.

HeavyDuke
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, trip said:

Chopstick to keep lips nice and soft,  dental floss/tooth picks, mouth wash or tic tac, hair brush, hair gel/grease, ID, drivers license, some cash, phone, condom if i plan something funny, and proteine bar just in case I want something to eat right away.

Edited by HeavyDuke

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Does it make sense to have more side quests in a game than main story missions? As i never played an RPG i dont know how this works

CRAZY AL WARD
34 minutes ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Does it make sense to have more side quests in a game than main story missions? As i never played an RPG i dont know how this works

Honestly, It depends what RPG game you are playing.

It could be a game where they Only focus on side quests & barely put effort into the story, it could be the exact opposite.

In my honest opinion: i would make a Car-jacking RPG game that has a perfect 50/50 balance of side quests & story missions

------------------------------------------------

My Question: is it bad if you look up Almost All the old houses you lived in during your childhood? i'm asking because that's what i'm doing right now, not for the memories, just for the nostalgia

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CRAZY AL WARD said:

My Question: is it bad if you look up Almost All the old houses you lived in during your childhood? i'm asking because that's what i'm doing right now, not for the memories, just for the nostalgia

I did the same once in Street View, mainly to see how the neighbourhood is today, if places I went to still exist, etc, so I think it's fine.

One of my childhood houses is still there, but the other is apparently a parking lot now.

Edited by DOUGL4S1

HeavyDuke
19 hours ago, DOUGL4S1 said:

I did the same once in Street View, mainly to see how the neighbourhood is today, if places I went to still exist, etc, so I think it's fine.

One of my childhood houses is still there, but the other is apparently a parking lot now.

Maybe the parking lot was already there, the house just drove off.

Happend before:

Jimmy_Leppard

Hi guys. I've been having a really annoying problem regarding my C drive and yesterday, it escalated.

Whenever I enter either GTA V or PUBG (only occurs with these two games), my C drive instantly loses 5 GB of space. When I exit the game, those lost GBs don't come back until I restart my PC or shut it down and boot it up again. But yesterday, after playing PUBG for a few hours, I went to sleep. Today I booted my PC up and those GBs aren't back. I used a few programs to clean my PC and one even stated it cleared 5 GB of RAM Memory, but the GBs aren't back. It's like they're in use the whole time. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve this issue? 

Short Stay

Is anyone else here on Google Street View? I mean you, your actual body, not just your house.

I used to be on it, in two different towns. That was back in 2008 but I think both sets of images have been updated since then.

I've searched the web a little to see if anyone else has posted anything to the effect of "Hey, I'm on Street View at such and such a place" but found nothing.

Anyone else seen themself or someone they know?

Purevil
2 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Hi guys. I've been having a really annoying problem regarding my C drive and yesterday, it escalated.

Whenever I enter either GTA V or PUBG (only occurs with these two games), my C drive instantly loses 5 GB of space. When I exit the game, those lost GBs don't come back until I restart my PC or shut it down and boot it up again. But yesterday, after playing PUBG for a few hours, I went to sleep. Today I booted my PC up and those GBs aren't back. I used a few programs to clean my PC and one even stated it cleared 5 GB of RAM Memory, but the GBs aren't back. It's like they're in use the whole time. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve this issue? 

Never use 3rd party programs to delete stuff unless you know what you are doing.  

4 minutes ago, Short Stay said:

Is anyone else here on Google Street View? I mean you, your actual body, not just your house.

I used to be on it, in two different towns. That was back in 2008 but I think both sets of images have been updated since then.

I've searched the web a little to see if anyone else has posted anything to the effect of "Hey, I'm on Street View at such and such a place" but found nothing.

I was on google street view for a few years.   I was in my car at the juction of my home when google car passed and snapped me.   The software  did a  good job of blurring out my number plate and face.   You could clearly make out the top half of my body.   So I guess that counts? 

Jimmy_Leppard
35 minutes ago, Purevil said:

Never use 3rd party programs to delete stuff unless you know what you are doing.  

I'm using certified programs such as CCleaner, I'm good on that note. The problem is my C drive losing GBs.

DOUGL4S1
2 hours ago, Short Stay said:

Not me, but my mom, my grandma and one of my cousins are on Street View, in separate locations and separate dates. 

And I saw the Street View car once, but it was nearly night time and I doubt they would be taking pics in the dark.

CRAZY AL WARD

I was on google Street View, Twice.

First time i didn't even realized the camera car passed by the house i was living at in Aylmer, Quebec back in 2012. Lovely area, i reccomend it if you are moving to quebec or the Ottawa/Gatineau Area in General.

That's Me with the Blue T-shirt & Jeans pulling out weeds from the yard while my Half-sister does Nothing to help, as usual

n50Ql4J.jpg

Second time was in Bathurst, New Brunswick. Back in august of 2018, same day i bought a ps2 copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

No pic of that unfourtunately, as they must have did a re-shoot of the street i was on.

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CRAZY AL WARD said:

I was on google Street View, Twice.

First time i didn't even realized the camera car passed by the house i was living at in Aylmer, Quebec back in 2012. Lovely area, i reccomend it if you are moving to quebec or the Ottawa/Gatineau Area in General.

That's Me with the Blue T-shirt & Jeans pulling out weeds from the yard while my Half-sister does Nothing to help, as usual

n50Ql4J.jpg

Second time was in Bathurst, New Brunswick. Back in august of 2018, same day i bought a ps2 copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

No pic of that unfourtunately, as they must have did a re-shoot of the street i was on.

You can look at older pics by clicking the clock/date on the top left and moving the slider that appears.

Edited by DOUGL4S1

Short Stay
On 5/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, Purevil said:

You could clearly make out the top half of my body.   So I guess that counts? 

That definitely counts, though some mean types might deduct half a mark for only showing your top half but add a half on for also showing your car.

I'm still surprised by how few references to people appearing on Street View are on the web. It's not as if anyone would forget where they were when they saw the google car with its big camera on top.

DOUGL4S1

That definitely counts, though some mean types might deduct half a mark for only showing your top half but add a half on for also showing your car.

I'm still surprised by how few references to people appearing on Street View are on the web. It's not as if anyone would forget where they were when they saw the google car with its big camera on top.

Various people don't even notice the Street View car (distracted maybe), and the ones that do maybe don't want to give the whereabouts of their house, work, or places they go to to a bunch of Internet randoms.

ten-a-penny
Posted (edited)

Has any of y'all been following/watching GTA:SA "myth hunters" somewhere around 2012-2013? I'm still looking for a "myth hunter" who was active then. Bad thing is, I've forgot his YT username - just that his name had "o" and "306" somewhere in there. His intro had something like a pair of spiraling/twisting roses falling down then a cross shows up at some point; also shows what seems to be CJ falling "into" the map, and then it shows the game with a stormy weather, highlighting ~4-5 trees that move because of the wind (child me though they were haunted, lol).

I've looked EVERYWHERE for him, but I can't find him now. :/ I wanna be nostalgic again dammit!

That didn't take long, I've found him. CFox306. WELL. I'm blind. Found him by searching for something I don't think someone else investigated in GTA:SA - the 666 business. AFAIK CFox is the only one who did this, so it was easy to find it out. Fcker shut down his YT channel though. Time wasted :(

Edited by ten-a-penny

HeavyDuke

What would you do if you get into a fight and your attacker has no arms?

The Time Ranger
1 hour ago, HeavyDuke said:

What would you do if you get into a fight and your attacker has no arms?

Sanches

It appears that i started to curse a lot. Swearing, using strong language, you wrap it. I was raised by people who curse a lot, my friends used to curse a lot too, but i tried to keep it under control. I can control it while talking to my colleagues. But now it seems that strong language starts to overwhelm my lexicon, i curse while talking to myself (yes i do that).
Could it be nerves? What's the best method to get rid of it? I mean yeah, self control is a thing, but maybe there's some better methods?

HeavyDuke
1 hour ago, Sanches said:

It appears that i started to curse a lot. Swearing, using strong language, you wrap it. I was raised by people who curse a lot, my friends used to curse a lot too, but i tried to keep it under control. I can control it while talking to my colleagues. But now it seems that strong language starts to overwhelm my lexicon, i curse while talking to myself (yes i do that).
Could it be nerves? What's the best method to get rid of it? I mean yeah, self control is a thing, but maybe there's some better methods?

Simply hit yourself in the nuts every time you curse. 

Seriously, the truth is quite simple, slow down your talking just a little bit, breath deeper and think what you are going to say, before you say it. Cursing will almost happen on impulse if you don't monitor yourself. 

Where as you would tell your friends this if you would rush it:

you ****** pieces of **** better shut your damn **** mouthes because i have something ******* important to say. I don't want to ever hear a god **** curse word from any of you low life sons of  ****** again. Is that ******* clear? Good!

If you calm down it becomes: 

Could you guys ease off a bit on the swearing? I prefer to talk in a more civilized manner. 

Edited by HeavyDuke