• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• Ai®a©ob®a

• feckyerlife

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obvi

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? God created Adam in his image and Eve from Adam, with some modifications, obviously. So Adam and Eve have belly buttons because God has a belly button. And that's only p

I'm going to be as brief as possible here. I dislike gun culture. I think the UK does just fine as it is, because things are volatile and dangerous enough at the moment without handing out firearms. P

^ Peace ✌, but: This is "General Chat" after all...

Why do people ask questions they  don't want to hear the answers to?😁 

Edited by Guest
Ned Bingham
On 10/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, mr quick said:

Can't afford it right now. A GP session is only $30 but I have about $7 to my name divided over 3 accounts. If I sell some things, I'll go to my GP first thing. 

You live in the UK (according to your flag) but you have to pay to see a GP???

Me no understand.

Clancy the Bandito

So... how does one play texas holdem? I've always tried to learn how to play it, watched people, looked it up, but after watching a couple videos and reading a couple websites, they still aren't descriptive enough and i can't grasp the concept of it.

3 hours ago, Vitalize said:

So... how does one play texas holdem? I've always tried to learn how to play it, watched people, looked it up, but after watching a couple videos and reading a couple websites, they still aren't descriptive enough and i can't grasp the concept of it.

I used to play it a lot both online and with friends. In facebook I reached more than 50M (basically a lot).

First you are given two cards. Those are individually you would better not show them. Then the first round of bets takes place, it's called pre flop and you can both bet or retire. If there are at least two players playing after pre flop the first three community cards (named flop) are put on the table, meaning they are uncovered and everybody see them. At this point you can bet more money if you are the first or call your bet if another player has raised it before you. If you don't want to risk more cash you can retire. Well if yet there are 2 players or more the dealer uncovers the turn card, the 4th community card. Then another round of bets is made, exactly like previous one. After all this sh*t, if two players keep playing the 5th community card (river) is revealed, again with more betting. After these final bets players remaining show their individual 2 cards and the player with the best hand is the winner. The best hand is just the highest 5 cards combination of individual and community cards, so whether you can use 1 in and 4 com cards or 2 in and 3 com.

Edited by GTA_CAT
My 4 yo phone works worser everyday
mr quick
22 hours ago, Doctor Holliday said:

Why do people ask for medical advice on a gaming forum?

Don't answer that.

I guess because I had a question to which I hadn't found an answer, and there was a topic called "Have a Question?". Silly me. 

7 hours ago, Short Stay said:

You live in the UK (according to your flag) but you have to pay to see a GP???

Me no understand.

I don't live in the UK. Are consultations free there? 😮 

Ned Bingham
15 hours ago, mr quick said:

I don't live in the UK. Are consultations free there? 😮 

Yes and no. You register with a doctor (GP - General Practitioner) and you don't have to pay to see them no matter how many times you go. Same with regular hospital admissions or emergencies (no matter how many times you fall under a bus). But of course this all has to be paid for. The money is collected via an earnings tax called National Insurance. As you might expect this is collected on a sliding scale, with the highest earners paying the most, up to a maximum ceiling. Google "NHS" and all will be revealed.

• Like 1

It should go without saying that people post medical related questions at their own discretion. There isn't much of a limit as to what you're allowed to ask, providing it doesn't break any rules. Obviously the answer to 99% of them is "see your doctor" but sometimes it's nice to be able to relate to somebody about an issue, and the anonymity that posting online provides can be easier for people than seeing somebody face to face. They aren't looking for a diagnosis - they're looking for somebody to go "I have/have had this problem too", and this can lead to a little back and forth about what might have caused it and how to reduce the effects in future. This place is in no way shape or form a substitute for professional help, but it can make all the difference.

As for this particular issue, it sounds like stress. Without knowing what's going on in your life, I'll give you the usual list of things:

1. No screens (laptops, phones, TV) up to one hour before bed.

2. No caffeine up to four hours before bed, though this isn't the standard for everybody, I'm just saying this as a starting point.

3. Ensure the room you're sleeping in isn't too hot or too cold.

Also, try to not take worries to bed with you. No doubt the hardest one, but if possible try not to dwell on problems whilst you're lying there. You can't do much about anything when you're in bed. Don't even think about tomorrow. No point. If something has truly rattled you, leave a note for yourself. This can relieve some of the pressures of feeling like you have to remember something.

But yes, above all else, seek professional help if none of these tips help.

• Like 6
AboveAndBeyoncé

How would you go about validating someone???.... I think I'm talking to what may be a catfish but I'm not too sure. I did reverse image search on google and Tineye but no other images were found. I'm not sure what else I can do outside of just asking the person outright. :/

6 hours ago, AboveAndBeyoncé said:

How would you go about validating someone???.... I think I'm talking to what may be a catfish but I'm not too sure. I did reverse image search on google and Tineye but no other images were found. I'm not sure what else I can do outside of just asking the person outright. :/

I had the same problem at one point, I just couldn't help but ask them outright lol. Didn't want to invest further time without knowing for sure. They gave me reassurance but I still had doubts lol. Eventually everything added up and reaffirmed it for me.

• Like 1
AboveAndBeyoncé
47 minutes ago, Rafae said:

I had the same problem at one point, I just couldn't help but ask them outright lol. Didn't want to invest further time without knowing for sure. They gave me reassurance but I still had doubts lol. Eventually everything added up and reaffirmed it for me.

well I hope the same happens for me I'm supposed to be meeting him on Friday or Saturday so imma find out either way and if he dont look 90% like the profile picture he has then im not stepping out of my door

• Like 1
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
36 minutes ago, AboveAndBeyoncé said:

well I hope the same happens for me I'm supposed to be meeting him on Friday or Saturday so imma find out either way and if he dont look 90% like the profile picture he has then im not stepping out of my door

If he cancels your date by saying either, Their car broke down. A family member died. They’ve contracted a deadly disease and are in quarantine for the next two years are the most common excuses used by Catfishes according to Nev & Max.

Have you guys video chatted yet? In the day of smartphones, there is no excuse for why you guys can't video chat if no have you asked? If so what's his excuse? or have you tried but his screen is black with no noise or a lot of static?

Have you done a reverse cell phone search to see if the number matches his name? If you're in the U.S use this site - https://www.spydialer.com/

It's legit, I just did a few searches myself and all numbers I put in came back to the correct people.

Edited by AiraCobra
  • Like 1
AboveAndBeyoncé
13 minutes ago, AiraCobra said:

If he cancels your date by saying either, Their car broke down. A family member died. They’ve contracted a deadly disease and are in quarantine for the next two years are the most common excuses used by Catfishes according to Nev & Max.

Have you guys video chatted yet? In the day of smartphones, there is no excuse for why you guys can't video chat if no have you asked? If so what's his excuse? or have you tried but his screen is black with no noise or a lot of static?

Have you done a reverse cell phone search to see if the number matches his name? If you're in the U.S use this site - https://www.spydialer.com/

It's legit, I just did a few searches myself and all numbers I put in came back to the correct people.

hold up!! wait a minute oh cobra ive missed you! you on to something I've never used that so hmmmm let me go use that then thank you!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
6 minutes ago, AboveAndBeyoncé said:

hold up!! wait a minute oh cobra ive missed you! you on to something I've never used that so hmmmm let me go use that then thank you!

giphy.gif

Good luck, I would also insist of him video chatting with you before the date as well if he's legit he won't have any issues with this.

• Like 1
Jimmy_Leppard

I have a question about something I had discussed with a friend of mine who's a programmer some time ago, but since we never actually tried to do it as we figured that, at least in theory, it would be a lot of complex work, the question remained unanswered.

Now, this question might awaken the  ''Oh no! How dare you even mention that word etc'' reactions in some people (for no reason), so this is a warning beforehand - chill, I don't do that voodoo stuff, it's just an interesting question to me and I'd just like an explanation on a theoretical basis. The question is:

Is it possible to have the same PC game, let's say GTA V, both original and pirated, installed on the same PC at the same time and have both of them working individually without screwing everything up or pretty much canceling each other out or whatever? If yes, how exactly would that be possible?

Sanches
12 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Is it possible to have the same PC game, let's say GTA V, both original and pirated, installed on the same PC at the same time and have both of them working individually without screwing everything up or pretty much canceling each other out or whatever?

If they both use SC then i guess not, since there should be a system which logs your account off if someone else logged in. Never tried it myself.
My closest case was running 2 pirated Minecrafts at the same time.

• Like 1
Beato_dim

I think that it would be hard if they use the same registry keys/setting and save folders. This doesn't really screw you over, just makes both instances share the same settings etc.

Now if the registry keys contain the game folder, for some reason, or if the pirated version requires a cracked version of some middleware (like SC) to be installed, things can get worse.

• Like 1
Sanches

So im trying to draw with a mouse, but every program i try give me edgy lines which make an overall drawing look pixelated at the end. Maybe there's cool tricks i can't find tutorials to or is it really depend of a drawing program?

Paint 3D gives the best lines, but there's lack of other plenty useful options, that's why i don't use it:
GpBlGiZ.png

Currently i stick to Paint.NET because it has all the options i need and user friendly interface:

2vbqyq7.png <--- See these steps? I can't avoid them. My friend told me to use a bigger resolution, but i think that 4000x3250 drawings a bit too much.

(both lines were drawn on the same resolution canvas and with the same size/dardness settings)

I'd post this question to GFX subforum, but it's full of MC patch requests, so...

Edited by Sanches
RedDagger

Programs like Paint Tool Sai and Clip Studio have stabiliser options, though they're both paid (pretty cheap and 30 day trials, but paid nontheless); there's also dedicated stabilisation programs - the standard is Lazy Nezumi (again, paid with a 30 day trial) but there's a free option called Silky Shark that'll probably do you fine. 

• Like 1
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
On 10/9/2018 at 7:34 PM, Doctor Holliday said:

Why do people ask for medical advice on a gaming forum?

Don't answer that.

Well they're not really asking for us to diagnosed anything when someone asks a medical question they're more ot less asking if anybody else had experienced a similar issue and maybe can provide some insight on what it might be as it might be the same illness the writer and answer has and if so they can provide the writer with some background knowledge and if it's something needs to be seen by a GP or if something over the counter can help with it.

Say someone comes here saying they've noticed a bump on their arm and it's red and itches really bad, Everybody has experienced this before and therefore will know generally what it is and how to treat it with anti-itch cream and OCD antibiotic cream. 

While other cases such as the one you based this question on we'll ask general questions to give us a better idea to see if we ourselves has had any experience with similar issues and when I got my answers I told him to seek his GP which most answers teller writers on here since none of us claim to be doctors but some of us do have medical training/background such as myself I am EMT certified and I know that there is another active member on here is who an RN nurse.

23 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

I have a question about something I had discussed with a friend of mine who's a programmer some time ago, but since we never actually tried to do it as we figured that, at least in theory, it would be a lot of complex work, the question remained unanswered.

Now, this question might awaken the  ''Oh no! How dare you even mention that word etc'' reactions in some people (for no reason), so this is a warning beforehand - chill, I don't do that voodoo stuff, it's just an interesting question to me and I'd just like an explanation on a theoretical basis. The question is:

Is it possible to have the same PC game, let's say GTA V, both original and pirated, installed on the same PC at the same time and have both of them working individually without screwing everything up or pretty much canceling each other out or whatever? If yes, how exactly would that be possible?

It would pretty much all comes down to depends on whether your computer can actually handle it running two games at the same time.

The way game works is each difference log in get their own GTA V Profile which includes game settings, graphics settings and saved game I would assume since the pirated version of the game get rid of the sign in the method that they've figured out a way to trick the game into making a GTA V Profile folder.

Then when you sign into your legit GTA V account via a legit version of the game it will then create a new profile separate from the other profiles keeping game save and everything separated.

Like this - 40a0122d5c2d4096426c9b9eb48a8ae6.png

(No I don't use a pirated copy of the game, I have both RSC & Steam version of the game one profile for each account)

11 hours ago, Sanches said:

If they both use SC then i guess not, since there should be a system which logs your account off if someone else logged in. Never tried it myself.
My closest case was running 2 pirated Minecrafts at the same time.

Pirated versions of GTA V gets rid of the sign in the window all together as the server would recognize it's not a legit version of the game because there is no key attached to it which is required in order to sign in to the game this goes for 99% of pirated games which is why none of them are able to be played Online.

Edited by AiraCobra
added picture reference
Verbal Soze

Have you ever experienced a blackout (power outage) in your country? If so how long does it take? Here in indonesia it can happen for approximately 2 to 4 hours, only for what? A tree cutting work, they have to shut down the power for almost 5 hours for that sh*t

Sanches

@Verbal Soze

Once there was a whole district blackout, i still don't know the reason. But finally my emergency meme folder had it's use.

Rcq3d3n.jpg

Also for a couple of weeks ago, there was some kind of accident at the power plant in the eastern part of my country and it left 75% of the nearby town in darkness.

• Like 1
Verbal Soze
1 hour ago, Sanches said:

@Verbal Soze

Once there was a whole district blackout, i still don't know the reason. But finally my emergency meme folder had it's use.

Rcq3d3n.jpg

Also for a couple of weeks ago, there was some kind of accident at the power plant in the eastern part of my country and it left 75% of the nearby town in darkness.

Damn, i guess there will never be a perfect things in the world, we just have to learn to cope with it

6 hours ago, Verbal Soze said:

Have you ever experienced a blackout (power outage) in your country? If so how long does it take? Here in indonesia it can happen for approximately 2 to 4 hours, only for what? A tree cutting work, they have to shut down the power for almost 5 hours for that sh*t

Idk where, but recently I wrote a post about a storm hitting where I live and I said that usually when a lightning strikes or a lot of snow falls we use to lose power a few hours. It happens quite often in the lightning case. Then I have to call power company to tell them to fix whatever is not working. If I can't call another affected person will probably. The whole thing shouldn't last more than half day. Also when they have to change or fix any component of the power line you are warned some days ago about intermitent cuts, that lasts from 1 to 4 hours. Sometimes it's annoying if they decide to come at the morning or lunch time but after all I can't complain because improving the line then there are less possibilities of blackouts in future storms and snowfalls. 

• Like 1
Verbal Soze
10 minutes ago, GTA_CAT said:

Idk where, but recently I wrote a post about a storm hitting where I live and I said that usually when a lightning strikes or a lot of snow falls we use to lose power a few hours. It happens quite often in the lightning case. Then I have to call power company to tell them to fix whatever is not working. If I can't call another affected person will probably. The whole thing shouldn't last more than half day. Also when they have to change or fix any component of the power line you are warned some days ago about intermitent cuts, that lasts from 1 to 4 hours. Sometimes it's annoying if they decide to come at the morning or lunch time but after all I can't complain because improving the line then there are less possibilities of blackouts in future storms and snowfalls. 

Well from your story i think the management is quite organized and good i think one report from customer and they work on it ASAP, btw does the power company managed by the government? or is it a private section? I'm curious though because here in indonesia they are managed by government, which is quite okay for a power company they even gave us a schedule of the power maintenance in facebook but it takes a loooong time to process a report about electrical problems in here, one time there are a storm and the electric pole is destroyed it fell off with all the wiring, took them 1 full day to fix that stuff, why? Because it's the government fault tbh our electric company doesn't have a supply on each province so they have to wait for another set of pole and wires from the centre in jakarta which is slow and annoying...

Edited by Verbal Soze
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
7 hours ago, Verbal Soze said:

Back in 2003 parts of Canada and 8 states in the northeast part the U.S was plunged into darkness after a main power transformer that supplied power to the whole east coast malfunctioned.

2f4a849e696a127209371c27e4af62d4.png <--- The affected areas

But what was so odd about this blackout was the power outage didn't affect EVERYBODY like one side of the street could be out but the neighbors across the street had power.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/the-blackout-of-2003-42524739711?v=raila&amp;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003

But every once in a while after we have a big storm whether it's snow or heavy rainfall sometimes we experience a power outage of a few hours but on the East Side of Cleveland, Ohio in the summer especially this past summer they've experienced power outages almost daily because of all the A/Cs and everything running it overpowered a very old substation that couldn't handle the stress they're in the process of working it out but said the new substation won't be up and running until at least fall 2019 so they have another summer of dealing with it.

https://fox8.com/2018/09/03/some-on-clevelands-west-side-deal-with-sporadic-power-outages-during-sweltering-heat/

Edited by AiraCobra
  • Like 1
Verbal Soze
7 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

Back in 2003 parts of Canada and 8 states in the northeast part the U.S was plunged into darkness after a main power transformer that supplied power to the whole east coast malfunctioned.

2f4a849e696a127209371c27e4af62d4.png <--- The affected areas

But what was so odd about this blackout was the power outage didn't affect EVERYBODY like one side of the street could be out but the neighbors across the street had power.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/the-blackout-of-2003-42524739711?v=raila&amp;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003

But every once in a while after we have a big storm whether it's snow or heavy rainfall sometimes we experience a power outage of a few hours but on the East Side of Cleveland, Ohio in the summer especially this past summer they've experienced power outages almost daily because of all the A/Cs and everything running it overpowered a very old substation that couldn't handle the stress they're in the process of working it out but said the new substation won't be up and running until at least fall 2019 so they have another summer of dealing with it.

https://fox8.com/2018/09/03/some-on-clevelands-west-side-deal-with-sporadic-power-outages-during-sweltering-heat/

Wow even an advanced country like canada and US have an electrical issues, feels bad to hear it man

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
1 hour ago, Verbal Soze said:

Wow even an advanced country like canada and US have an electrical issues, feels bad to hear it man

It basically all comes down to a very old substation some close to 100 years old are simply can't hold the amount of stress a substation undergoes especially in the summer when everybody is running their Central Air (Whole House A/C) or running multiple window A/C units and then you have people running the pumps to their pools and then you got the whole city with buildings using massive amounts of power and so on so naturally, an old 100-year-old system is going to fail.

They can fix this issue by cutting back on the wasteful spending and actually upgrade the national power grid both nationally and locally and since so many power stations are in need of being replaced it would be the perfect opportunity to get away from our current system with coal and other methods and get into the renewable energy and spread the power amount several stations instead of just one so they all handle the load evenly so one doesn't get so overstressed to where it fails on a daily basis

• Like 1