3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Voodoo

Have a Question? V3

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Would it be legal to have SAMP in a gaming cafe? I mean if the cafe owners themselves installed it

Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas

Jimmy
7 hours ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Would it be legal to have SAMP in a gaming cafe? I mean if the cafe owners themselves installed it

I don't see why it would be illegal, unless the Cafe owner doesn't want you playing multiplayer. If it's a question of installing programs, it has been installed before. Ask the owner if he has installed the game beforehand and if he's OK with you playing. It's always nice to ask for permission first.

Sanches
18 hours ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

I was to gaming clubs/cafes in 2010. Literally every software installed there was pirated. They were doing alright.

sivispacem

You've all been here long enough to know we have a zero tolerance attitude to discussions of piracy.

make total destroy

so a friend and i got into a heated discussion earlier. we were talking about music and i brought up that springsteen song where he goes 'hey little girl milk milk lemonade around the corner fudge is made'. i said it was 'im on fire' and my friend insisted that springsteen never sang those lyrics. which one of us is right? please help me resolve this before it creates a rift in our friendship.

Miketv

What's with this pattern on youtube of '10 minutes long' videos? I'm seeing it everywhere now, what gives? More money? Because you can notice that many of these videos are basically 'fillers'. Kind of a dirty trick to do on your viewers, if my suspicions are correct. But if someone could enlight me on this, i appreciate.

FearThoseWhoFearHim
3 minutes ago, Miketv said:

What's with this pattern on youtube of '10 minutes long' videos? I'm seeing it everywhere now, what gives? More money? Because you can notice that many of these videos are basically 'fillers'. Kind of a dirty trick to do on your viewers, if my suspicions are correct. But if someone could enlight me on this, i appreciate.

When your video is 10 minutes or longer, Youtube gives you the option to place more than one ad on whichever part of the video you want, completely manually.

So when you can air only one ad on videos less than 10 minutes, you can put one at the start, one at the end, a few in between the video when it’s more than 10 minutes.

Consequently, airing more than one ads on the same video gets you more Adsense money.

It’s easy to abuse the system. Just don’t forget about your audience and although make the most of it, don’t go completely nuts and put like 10 ads on a 10 minute video.

Edited by FearThoseWhoFearHim

Miketv
8 hours ago, FearThoseWhoFearHim said:

When your video is 10 minutes or longer, Youtube gives you the option to place more than one ad on whichever part of the video you want, completely manually.

So when you can air only one ad on videos less than 10 minutes, you can put one at the start, one at the end, a few in between the video when it’s more than 10 minutes.

Consequently, airing more than one ads on the same video gets you more Adsense money.

It’s easy to abuse the system. Just don’t forget about your audience and although make the most of it, don’t go completely nuts and put like 10 ads on a 10 minute video.

Thank you.

ten-a-penny

Does anybody know where can I watch Avatar: The last Airbender freely, preferably legally? Tried Netflix but it didn't work. Neither can I watch the thing ANYWHERE else without being flooded with popups (which means the content isn't safe). Even tried looking for the Arabic version, nope. Did find a site but its sssssllllllooooOOOOooow.

Syrens
27 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

Does anybody know where can I watch Avatar: The last Airbender freely, preferably legally? Tried Netflix but it didn't work. Neither can I watch the thing ANYWHERE else without being flooded with popups (which means the content isn't safe). Even tried looking for the Arabic version, nope. Did find a site but its sssssllllllooooOOOOooow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/offers/ref=atv_dp_signup_3P?ie=UTF8&benefitID=nickhits&force_return_url=1&primeCampaignId=videos&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fvideo%2Fdetail%2FB000GFD4C0%2Fref%3Datv_dp_sign_suc_3P&skipMarketingPage=1

Sign up for Prime and Nickhits trials, you can always cancel before the trial is over and you need to pay.  Only means of doing it free and legally my dude.

Femme Fatale
13 hours ago, make total destroy said:

so a friend and i got into a heated discussion earlier. we were talking about music and i brought up that springsteen song where he goes 'hey little girl milk milk lemonade around the corner fudge is made'. i said it was 'im on fire' and my friend insisted that springsteen never sang those lyrics. which one of us is right? please help me resolve this before it creates a rift in our friendship.

Your friend is right.

trip

You know how when you were a kid and were playing a game with your friends that required you to "count to 10" or whatever number.  

Since I live in the states we used to count "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi...".  Heck, I'm not even sure the Mississippi part was nationwide or just a thing around here on the east coast.

Anyway...today I got all curious about what kids around the world counted with since they could care less about the US's Mississippi.

And none of this "1 1 thousand, 2 1 thousand, 3 1 thousand..." crap.  That's not being a kid.

Willy A. Jeep

Alright, finally using this thread, as I didn't want to dig up a specific thread in the Music subforum for this. I'm trying to identify the piece played at the beginning and end of the Commodore Amiga World Premiere showcase, seen here. What is this piece? I passed it by a few music-savvy friends, and a couple said they knew it, but had no name to give. So now I turn to you folks. Does anybody recognize it? A name would be enough, but a link to an example would be dandy.

Recommended
12 hours ago, trip said:

You know how when you were a kid and were playing a game with your friends that required you to "count to 10" or whatever number.  

Since I live in the states we used to count "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi...".  Heck, I'm not even sure the Mississippi part was nationwide or just a thing around here on the east coast.

Anyway...today I got all curious about what kids around the world counted with since they could care less about the US's Mississippi.

And none of this "1 1 thousand, 2 1 thousand, 3 1 thousand..." crap.  That's not being a kid.

I think the idea is for pacing when counting, as it takes exactly 1 second to say # mississippi, but I always thought that was a US thing; Not done anywhere else in the world. At least in the UK no one I was with added anything after the number. It was simply 1, 2, 3, etc. Of course some kids decided to go faster with the counting, causing absolute panic because the seeker was counting too fast before we could even find a hiding spot.

You see, even counting is intense drama for kids.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Is it possible to play a singleplayer game with neither local nor online multiplayer mode in esports events? Let's say there are 2 PCs each with a copy of GTAVC installed and people watch how both players progress through the story and the one who finishes the story first wins. Would it make sense? Maybe different kinds of sp games would suit better?

DOUGL4S1
1 hour ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Is it possible to play a singleplayer game with neither local nor online multiplayer mode in esports events? Let's say there are 2 PCs each with a copy of GTAVC installed and people watch how both players progress through the story and the one who finishes the story first wins. Would it make sense? Maybe different kinds of sp games would suit better?

Speedrun races are done in events like Games Done Quick. Here's an example with Celeste, a singleplayer game: (Jump to 4:40 for the start of te race)

GrudgefromSanAndreas

I saw speedrun videos but only by one player at a time so far. I guess i wasn't interested enough until now.

mr quick
On 2/2/2019 at 12:04 AM, trip said:

We just counted tbh. Some nerds would go "one-thousand-and two-thousand-and", like quarter note -triplet- repeat, but they were a minority.

question:

I'm looking for a TV show - late 90's cartoon, adult audience, about some young adults trying to make it in NYC, and the protagonist has a job as a mattress salesman, and his little brother comes to live with him or some sh*t

e: MISSION HILL! Finally remembered it. 

Edited by mr quick

Short Stay
On 2/1/2019 at 11:04 PM, trip said:

one potato, two potato, three potato, ....

And I'm not even Irish!