4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SuperKitsune

Arthur Morgan's height and weight.

Mach1bud

2 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

Mature White Tailed Bucks can get up past 250 pounds and the largest ever recorded (in 1926) weighed 403lb after it was gutted.

Not very common however. 100-150 lbs is pretty standard for bucks. Which is about the size of the deer in Redemption 1 I would say.

Regardless 150 or 250 are still weights that an average full grown man could carry on his shoulders in my experience anyways.

Gray-Hand

The average adult human male would have great difficulty lifting 250lbs and carrying it.  They might be able to do it, but they’d be feeling it the next day.

seriously - that’s what soldiers and firemen, in peak physical condition have to train for, and they don’t find it easy.

SuperKitsune
On 7/5/2018 at 2:21 AM, Gray-Hand said:

Mature White Tailed Bucks can get up past 250 pounds and the largest ever recorded (in 1926) weighed 403lb after it was gutted.

Well said ;)

Karlitoz-E

188 cm, 88 kg. (6'2, 194 lbs)

SuperKitsune
On 7/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, Karlitoz-E said:

188 cm, 88 kg. (6'2, 194 lbs)

Good guess ;)

Codcas567

I’d say between 6’0 to 6’1 in my opinion and just height compare them 🙂

Edited by Codcas567

Nokingsman

After playing the game and seeing a good shot of John and Arthur and Dutch all side-by-side, I got my own estimate...

If John is indeed 5'10 then I figure he'd weigh around 160 to 170 as he's thinner than Arthur and roughly half a head shorter...

Arthur (imo) stands about 6'2 and weighs around 200 to 210 as he's a big, burly guy and is described as being the "largest" of the gang, Charles seems to be a bit shorter and about the same build.

Dutch stands roughly 6'6 and weighs around 190 to 200 as he's a lean, thin man...

I figured this based off John's apparently stated height... If he's not actually 5'10 then these numbers are subject to change. That's my thoughts on it.

MostWantedMVP

6 ft 9? lol more like 6 ft 2 I'd say.

RayD70

Not to doubt the "official" stats. But I always saw John as being closer to 5'8'' - still taller than average for the time.

I'd say Arthur is 6'1'' or 6'2'' around 225 lb.s. Which is huge for the era. Sure, there are bigger. Dutch probably goes around 6'5''.  But the average guy would go around 5'5'' and 145 lb.s.

I think Charles is bigger than Arthur. Maybe not quite as tall, but he probably goes around 245 or so.

Rykjeklut

6 foot 2

eyes of blue

big bad Morgan is coming after you

Jord Zord
On 6/28/2018 at 10:01 PM, Begoo said:

In that pic with 5'10" John Marston he looks at least 0.5-1inch taller than Marston.

Lol, ikr, these people don't realize that back at the 1900s, most people probably won't reach 180cm (5 11), and now there thinking 6 ft 6? Like what? Even 6 ft 3 is waaay too tall for someone from that year.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, RayD70 said:

Not to doubt the "official" stats. But I always saw John as being closer to 5'8'' - still taller than average for the time.

I'd say Arthur is 6'1'' or 6'2'' around 225 lb.s. Which is huge for the era. Sure, there are bigger. Dutch probably goes around 6'5''.  But the average guy would go around 5'5'' and 145 lb.s.

I think Charles is bigger than Arthur. Maybe not quite as tall, but he probably goes around 245 or so.

Nice, I thought I was the only one who realized how unrealistic it would be for someone at that time to be 6 ft 3 lol, but actually, you're right, John Marston is about 5 ft 8, he mentioned that Javier escuella was 5 ft 8, when he stood by him they seemed to have identical height. Though I don't even think Arthur would be above 6 ft, he'd have be even taller than John, because there's quite a big gap between me (5ft 9) and my buddy (6 ft which is pretty damn tall here in my country), the height gap between 5 ft 8 to 6 ft 1 would be really huge, it's like a man standing beside a woman pretty much.

Gray-Hand

It was only rare for people to be that height due to low protein diets, which mainly applied to people living in towns and cities. People in the country side who regularly hunted for meat, were often as tall as people are these days.

As an example, during the First World War, Turkish and German soldiers could easily differentiate between Australian and English soldiers based on the difference in size.  The standard English diet at the time being grain based compared to the Australian diet, where lamb chops were basically served with every meal.  These days, there is no difference in diet or height.

So if Arthur had been living with Dutch and Hosea since the age of ten, and living the same way as portrayed in RDR2, you wouldn’t expect his height to be stunted by a lack of protein.  In fact he probably eats better than most people playing the game.

In the game, he looks to be on the tallish side of average height.  Maybe 6 foot. He definitely isn’t 6’3”.

7bloccnessa

wtf are you guys talking about. Have you seen him stand across from all the other guys? he is like average a little above average height. Dutch is like 6 feet or over marsotn and arthur are around the same height and marston is like 5 10 throughout the cutscenes they are pretty evenly matched. I think he is between 5 10 and 5 11. I would probably say 5 foot 11. but cmon 187 cm? or 6 foot 9? that would make dutch like almost seven feet tall

CaliMeatWagon
On 6/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, SuperKitsune said:

So yeah, what the title says..

My guess is 187cm tall and 92kgs.

What do you guys think?

Whatever his measurements, it's in feet/inches and lbs....

'Murica!

3Prcntr

He is about 8" tall and 2.5" wide.

At least on my Monitor.

PapasHota

He is the same height as Jim Milton but fatter.

CaliMeatWagon

I don't even know why this is a discussing. Everybody knows he's the same size as Gavin.

Darealbandicoot

Arthur is 6"1 (1 m 85cm)and weighs 13st 1lb (83kg)IMO Since those are Roger Clark's measurements. 

Penicuikscotland2010

Does Arthur have a muscular physique ?. Or is he just big built. If only powerlifting was a thing back then. No doubt he could Squat 500lbs for 5. 

Gray-Hand

Arthur has farm strength.  Not bullsh*t beach muscles.

éX-Driver

6’3, 17 stone at his ‘perfect’ weight, probably gets up to 19 stone at max overweight, and probably about 14 at min weight.

crazedZ10
3 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

Arthur has farm strength.  Not bullsh*t beach muscles.

Uhh what??

Beach muscle?

Gray-Hand

Beach muscles - the type of muscles that people build up at the gym in order to look good when they are at the beach, as opposed to the type of muscles that are actually needed for real work.

Miguel Ramos
On 6/26/2018 at 5:34 PM, SuperKitsune said:

So yeah, what the title says..

My guess is 187cm tall and 92kgs.

What do you guys this?

My guess is he stands at about 6'0-6'1 max. Minimum weight would be 190lbs, maximum 215lbs.

Vinewood Villain
On 12/16/2018 at 7:50 AM, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

Does Arthur have a muscular physique ?. Or is he just big built. If only powerlifting was a thing back then. No doubt he could Squat 500lbs for 5. 

I hope you’re joking lol. I seriously doubt anyone from that era could squat that much. That’s over 5 plates on the bar and would take years of training . 5 reps lmao, Jesus. 

Boozey St John
On 11/21/2018 at 4:22 AM, Rykjeklut said:

6 foot 2

eyes of blue

big bad Morgan is coming after you

Yes, please. 😍

Kemasus
On 11/20/2018 at 11:04 PM, RayD70 said:

That would be my guess......6' 1  215 - 220

~INDIO~
On 12/16/2018 at 11:08 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

Arthur is 6"1 (1 m 85cm)and weighs 13st 1lb (83kg)IMO Since those are Roger Clark's measurements. 

Roger Clark is 6 foot? That's really surprised me, I thought he was like 5"9

Anyway, I saw something ages ago after RDR1 came out that John is meant to be 6"1. So I guess Arthur would be around 6"2 and Dutch about 6"4

Imagine if Dutch was 5"4, it'd be hilarious

Edited by ~INDIO~
Herbert mooon

McAgent
36 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Anyway, I saw something ages ago after RDR1 came out that John is meant to be 6"1. So I guess Arthur would be around 6"2 and Dutch about 6"4

Imagine if Dutch was 5"4, it'd be hilarious

Dutch's actor (Ben Byron Davis) is huge man

Gray-Hand

Arthur is written as a big imposing guy, but  whenever he actually stands next to any other male character, he’s usually only the same height or shorter.

Seriously, go back and watch every cut scene - the number of other characters who Arthur is taller than is really small.