2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Begoo

Do you ever feel lonely?

Begoo

How often do you feel lonely, every time, sometimes, rarely or never? I feel lonely sometimes, being along with my self to rest my mind is a great thing, but being alone for longer makes me feel lonely though. I have a couple of real friends i can do anything with and my family, so i guess its better than nothing. So how about you? 

Femme Fatale

Never. I'm always hanging out with either my best girl friends, or my cat.

MarshDanni

After getting married and having a kid I must admit that I kinda envy lonely people in a way. Taking care of a small kid and having a wife, as well as work/college and friends means I practically never have alone time. Kinda burns you that way, but then again you really can't have much of a alone time in this situation.

Nico

I enjoy being alone. A lot.

No one in my family shares my personality or my interests, so sharing too much time with them always ends up being frustrating. Plus, their f*cking need of having the TV on all the time isn't something I'm going to miss when I get the chance to move.

MarshDanni
1 minute ago, Nico said:

I enjoy being alone. A lot.

No one in my family shares my personality or my interests, so sharing too much time with them always ends up being frustrating. Plus, their f*cking need of having the TV on all the time isn't something I'm going to miss when I get the chance to move.

I share in common the interest part. Sometimes, even though I'm not an introvert and I do enjoy company of people you just want to do stuff by yourself. Either play games, watch a show or anything basically, you kinda feel better when you do it by yourself sometimes. It has it certain charm which I guess some people don't like. Depends on the preference I guess.

MyNameHere
Posted (edited)

No, If I apart from everyone, it has always been my way of being very calm and serious, but I don't feel annoyed, lonely or hating everyone.

I always have support from my family and friends If I need help, something I appreciate much.

Edited by MyNameHere

Sanches
Posted (edited)

I do feel pretty lonely.
After finishing school, most of my friends got seperated to the ones who go drunk/weed and the ones who don't. Maybe now it's a common thing, but not at young age, atleast in my perception of the world. And soon all of my friends crossed that line. I was sort of ok with them doing this stuff, but they started to do that stereotypical things like "you can't drink - you're boring".
So the following 3 years i was a quiet boi in a vocational school trying to find new folks. 3 years and i was chatting only with 2-3 classmates and we're all said goodbye to each other after that. Then i met a fine gal who was actually sharing some of my interests and for the time she was the only person i spoke with (of course i was also talking to my parents etc).

But even that couldn't fill a hole. I still get lonely feelings. I often talk to my flatmate (for the record, he's not my friend, just a pal who i share flat with because of economical reasons), sometimes see that girl, but i don't feel socialized. I often prefer to be alone but i can't decide if i really want it or not.

I've always felt alone my whole life,
for as long as i can remember.
I don't know if i like it... or if i'm just
used to it, but i do know this:
Being lonely does things to you, and feeling sh*t and bitter

and angry all the time just... eats away at you.

(c) Cry of Fear

Edited by Sanches

Crossbones

Nah, never. I am man of the people.

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)

tl;dr: No; I have a good balance between having time by myself and spending time together with my partner. Neither of us is having many friends besides that (but good ones), and we're not feeling "lonely together", either. I think it is not about the quantity of time one spends together with friends, as long as there is at least that warm feeling and self-assurance of being in like-minded / understanding companionship, that's what we really need.

However, as an Autist I've been alone over lengthy passages of my life (I'm 44 now), and I felt very lonely then very much in the way @Sanches has just expressed spot-on (pls accept bonus-'Like' & hug).

This may sound odd, for most of us Autists are notoriously … well, autistic; we are quite satisfied with spending much more time all by ourselves, in our heads, enjoying the thousands of pictures and words passing by, keeping our imaginations as company. But I have been diagnosed very late (too late, one could argue), and although most of my time I knew I didn't seek company as much as my "fellow humans" did, that much was clear, I never understood why I couldn't fully relate to people (and vice versa), even if I wanted to. There was having different skin, ok, that always singles you out, no matter how 'tolerant' people are acting (which they didn't bother about in 80s/90s Northern Germany anyway, different story though), being the smart geek in school doesn't help either, but I knew it was more than that, something truly alienating me from my fellow beings and preventing other people from interacting with me.

I evidently 'didn't belong' to, I felt misunderstood, and that was more hurtful than actually missing company, as it fed self doubt, and that is a deeply toxic feeling as everybody knows.

My diagnosis (first self-diagnosis, later official) was very helpful in that respect. I learned accepting my being different, and felt better instantly without my circles getting much bigger. Ironically it was then that I met my special someone. My partner understands that I still need much time by myself. I make the other half count, somehow, we're a quite loony-lonely yet happy household 😀 

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Miamivicecity

It's sometimes hard for me to take knowing most of my friends are now well into having their own families meanwhile I'm 32 still single. I do get lonely at times if I have to be honest, but my university studies helps a lot as I'm always meeting new people.

Coleco

Only if the wifi stops working.

Panashe M. Sinclaire

Never. But I do need to constantly be around something noisy, but not noisier than me to stop the ringing in my ears. I already told my folks that I'm going to get a puppy, watch it grow up, and that'll make me happy. If that one dies, I'll get another, and so forth until I'm gone. Never really cared about human presence, if you're there, you're there, if not...I'd rather you not. 

Short Stay
1 hour ago, Lucius M. Galloway said:

Never. But I do need to constantly be around something noisy, but not noisier than me to stop the ringing in my ears. I already told my folks that I'm going to get a puppy, watch it grow up, and that'll make me happy. If that one dies, I'll get another, and so forth until I'm gone. Never really cared about human presence, if you're there, you're there, if not...I'd rather you not. 

The ringing in your ears is me calling you on the phone to tell you to shut up. And leave the puppies alone.

ProKiller93

ive been lonely since fifth grade. you get used to it.

Karami
Posted (edited)

I’ve been lonely almost every time, and I’ve been use to it since 5th Grade up to now. Like I have one real friend, and my family members that I speak to.

Honestly, I think being in solitude is beneficial. Doing this taps more into loving myself & building myself mentally, emotionally, and physically before I’m able to love others. I’m currently in progress with that. The only con to this is I can’t give or receive tenderness. But in turn, I replace this suffering with doing my hobbies (art, gaming, music, photography, etc.). 

Edited by Karami

Evil empire

The loneliness doesn't bother me.

Eutyphro
3 hours ago, Lucius M. Galloway said:

I already told my folks that I'm going to get a puppy, watch it grow up, and that'll make me happy. If that one dies, I'll get another, and so forth until I'm gone.

If it starts annoying you too much you could always abandon it in the woods anyway right?

Constant K

We come alone and alone we die.

GTA_CAT

I like to be alone and hardly ever I feel lonely. Before taking care of others properly you have to learn about yourself and that's a thing you can do when you are alone. Furthermore I have not so common tastes and I like to do things for myself. It's a rare sensation, when I'm alone I feel charm and peace and that I don't need nothing but my passtimes and thoughts to be relaxed.

universetwisters
13 hours ago, Lucius M. Galloway said:

I'm sure you wouldn't be lonely if you hadn't killed your bird friends.

OT Yeah, I get lonely sometimes. Even though I work with a lot of people, I'm afraid they actually hate me and they're merely tolerating me. Something to do with BPD I guess

Darkshadows

I used to feel lonely a lot but after having to deal with crappy people constantly in my life I realized the best person in the world is "me".

Plus even if that was an issue i don't think i could feel lonely with you guys here ❤️ ayy lmao

ddubz91
4 hours ago, Darkshadows said:

I used to feel lonely a lot but after having to deal with crappy people constantly in my life I realized the best person in the world is "me".

Quoted for truth man, for real. Feel the exact same way.

I'm quite content with the life I got now.

Skeever

While I generally do want peace and quiet by myself, I admit that I occasionally long for a Hoover vacuum cleaner every now and then. Something to clean the house, scream in my ear, suck the grime out of my carpet, and just throw in the closet when I'm done with.

I don't want just any old vacuum cleaner, however; It has to have been made within the last three decades, seen little to no use, and it has to be a Hoover... none of that Roomba or Toshiba sh*t. It better be bagless too, because I don't want any drama with the f*cking thing.

John Smith

^Oh sh*t lol

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

I got some friends and my family is there. If you mean a romantic relationships then lol that's not happening anytime soon so I'm surely lonely in that category. 

Cutter De Blanc

Do I ever NOT feel lonely?

I just overcompensate by being an asshole

MeisterJazz

Sometimes i feel lonely because i have no real world friends anymore and a non-existent family. However that being said im ok with it now because of wayyyyyyyy less drama and also less of the...

cc83b8ec6876f6bb631576211f1c4d35.jpg

Laura91

Meh. 5 to 10% of the time. The rest of the time, I am perfectly fine with it. 

WHAT!?

I've felt feeling on occasion. 

That was hard for me to admit. This topic is very spiritual. Thank you.

SorveteQuente

All the time when I'm on school. Even if I'm not exactly lonely I feel so, but I spend too much time on my own.