4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
King_Albany Esperanto

Five Years Of GTA V.

King_Albany Esperanto

Time goes by so fast, to think GTA V came out in 2013, GTA V has been out for 5 years now.

I remember pre-ordering GTA V for the PS3, and being so excited for it's release date.  

TheSantader25

This game had to fix more problems from the previous title than to improve the series. That's why it was dragged down. Hopefully it's a start for a terrific game in GTA VI. 

Journey_95

Good but flawed game. Story wise (while fun) it was a bit disappointing after GTA IV and RDR, the multiple protagonists system didn't pay off and the villians were sh*t.

I liked Michael and Trevor as characters though,very memorable and entertaining characters. Los Santos was also very well crafted and the mission variety was really good. And while at times too much, I always enjoy Rockstar's satire, it gives their games a unique identity.

Overall still my third favourite GTA (GTA IV and VC are the best), definitely far superior to SA

Edited by Journey_95

American Venom

Definitely not my favourite GTA, but 5 years has gone quick. I still remember all the hype and speculation from the 2011 trailer like it was yesterday. Good times.

Probably my favourite thing about GTA V is vehicle and player customisation. Won't be long until 10 years has clicked over.

Utopianthumbs

One of my favourite GTAs. I was hyped for this game like no other. I'm generally a fan of heist themed stuff so when I learnt this game was centered on heists it was already a winner in my eyes. The heists were amazing imo, in general GTA V had really fun and varied missions. Los Santos is one of my favourite cities in gaming (granted I don't play too many games).  The story while admittedly not the best in the series, was stil a fun ride. While GTA V's side cast gets a lot of hate i actually like quite a few of them such as Solomon, Dave, Wade, Lamar etc. The protagonists were cool especially Michael was a pretty unique character imo. As a V fan it's great to see it do so well both critically ( 97 on metacritic) and commercially ( this beast is on its way to a 100 million sales )

Sinner!

A fantastic & highly ambitious game, my favourite things about V was it's brilliantly written, funny, quotable, & even powerful dialouge & the gorgeous & insanely detailed & atmospheric Los Santos. 

I also, really liked multiple protagonists, as it just gave an extra layer to the gameplay & made the experience feel so fresh & it gave the narrative multiple possibilities. (which I loved)

Also, the Score (which is sublime) along with Bully is my favourite video game score.

Just a brilliant game, I have completed it five times in five years & who knows? maybe it will be six soon. :r*:

TheSantader25
20 minutes ago, Sinner! said:

A fantastic & highly ambitious game, my favourite things about V was it's brilliantly written, funny, quotable, & even powerful dialouge & the gorgeous & insanely detailed & atmospheric Los Santos. 

I also, really liked multiple protagonists, as it just gave an extra layer to the gameplay & made the experience feel so fresh & it gave the narrative multiple possibilities. (which I loved)

Also, the Score (which is sublime) along with Bully is my favourite video game score.

Just a brilliant game, I have completed it five times in five years & who knows? maybe it will be six soon. :r*:

Finally! Someone who's favorite GTA is IV and shows this game the respect it deserves. You have my respect my friend. 

WarthogCC

The first time I played GTA V I tried to get into it on my roommates PS2.  But being a PC gamer, I just couldn't stand the lack of control and the complexity you have with a gamepad.  Besides, after creating my account, I could never get back to it because he was hogging the console so much, and I was way too busy with the Wargaming games (World of Tanks) on my computer to even bother trying again.  When I heard that it was released on Steam, I immediately put it on my wishlist.  But it was so expensive, I waited a year for it to go on sale.  Bought it last Christmas and been ignoring my other games ever since.  LOL

Edited by WarthogCC

Shanks3d2y

Still the best game for me to take a break from the world. 

Ondr4H

After Five years on the west coast, its time to go home...

ThatKyloRenGuy

Definitely not my favorite GTA even though I still like it. I hope you guys don’t mind but I usually do my gaming scales measured from 1 to 16. My rating of GTA 5 would be about 9/16. As with the others I really like...

4: 15/16 (still, no game is perfect)

TLAD: 13/16

TBOGT: 12/16

VC: 12/16

3: 11/16

SA: 10/16

The strangest thing is that 2013 was 5 FREAKING YEARS AGO! It doesn’t even seem like that long ago either. Man how time is flying by WAY too fast!

Edited by ThatBenGuy

Jack Lupino

One of the best open world games of this decade and second Best GTA in the series after San Andreas.

GTA V has set the bar too high with massive amount of details as well as vast map at the same time. 

i hope rockstar wont dissapoint us in next addition to the franchise.

Arnold165

It's just crazy to think that GTA V released 5 years ago! I always remember the hype around it and how excited I really was. Also, it's crazy to think that GTA Online is still getting DLC to this day as well! Los Santos is just a beautiful place. 

Story was good. It was interesting to have 3 characters to play with (different perspectives). I really wished that we got DLC for single player but hopefully in the next GTA will have it. Trevor has to be my favorite character because of his craziness LOL. Online on the other hand... WOW! I remember the launch issues but I loved it. Met some great people (still am). Very fun even thought all the craziness nowadays but if you find the right people or crew, you can avoid that or just have a session for you and your friends. It will be cool to options for session like in GTA IV where you can turn off cops and such. I played so much GTA Online! I still get on at times to check out the new stuff and/or hang out with my crewmates/friends.

Overall, GTA V has been a great experience for me. There's always stuff for Rockstar to improve and stuff I liked or didn't like. I will love GTA forever! Excited for the Nightlife update!

Lioshenka

I remember how excited I was after seeing the trailers, and how that excitement wore off the longer I player the game.

I wish I didn't buy it straight away after release and waited until later. Of course, I couldn't know at that time, but 50 quid I spent on the game and £125 on a graphics card could have been greatly reduced if I had waited.

The game had it's moments, but is boring and has little to encourage you to progress. It's been over 3 years since the release, and I am still stuck on something like 88% completion.

FadeAway

It's funny for me, because I started playing it in 2016. 2-3 years before that, I didn't even know much about another GTA release. I was just happily playing 4 and Gay Tony. I loved the graphics 4, the people around the city still randomly talking, the story, nostalgia of III. The driving was tricky, but I got used to it.

To do this day, I saved the original Vice City PS2 disc and the playbook. It was just something at the the time of its release, I wanted to savor. When I played V, it reminded me a bit of Vice City but also San Andreas (well, obviously.) The best things about V to me are some of the missions, definitely the details in the scenery/graphics and first person view. There are still some side missions to be completed, but the most fun after completing it, is the airfield even though it's with Trevor (who I admit, is cringe hilarious). Just fly around aimlessly everywhere, admiring the scenery, with either the background ambient music or a favorite radio station. It just has that nostalgic feel of not only completing the game but also the games before that it took to get to this point, deciding whether to play it again because after completing the game and the end credits, it's like: what next?

Sure, there are some parts missing from some games and glitches. And the Online components taking a major part. But whether in non-first person view or especially first person view, it's fun to play. Sometimes the missions are just more fun than the gameplay (you can only operate a train in a mission).

Edited by flgta

Darealbandicoot

The game had MASSIVE potential, but due to weird development choices and of course GTA Online, we have a somewhat underwhelming game storywise but both fun and frustrating gameplay wise. Not my favourite GTA but still I had fun. 

Squidkid Mobile

I guess Rockstar will pull another Shark Card sale just for the fifth anniversary of the game...

Laker23

A mixed bag, but still so much better than most games on the market. Especially open world ones.

SP had so much lost potential, which frustrated the hell out of me. However, GTAO gave me 2 of the best gaming years of my life with regular friends, and friends I met and still talk to daily on Discord. After that the mixture of the inflation of prices and general things added to the game took the shine off the online world.

Convultus

I remember waking up at 2 am just to see the 2nd trailer of GTA 5 when it was released. I had mixed emotions because the trailer looks somewhat different from the first trailer... *cough* downgrade *cough*

I also built my first PC (been on PC since child hood but it was my very first build) in hopes that the PC version would be coming in several months but actually came out almost 2 years later.. It makes you think that time flies so fast because back then I thought my PC was a beast.. now not anymore. I was never even able to afford a GPU so I had been stuck with HD 4600 for 5 years already.

Edited by Convultus