Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,778 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
=Sammy=

Better Ban System: Idiots, griefers and modders...

=Sammy=

I think we all seen one of the... "people"... mentioned above.
Idiots, griefers, or modders.

Now, most modders tend to leave me be, and i could not care less.
Once they annoy me and kill my fun online... then I begin to care...

Idiots and griefers:

Griefers, well, speaks for itself, i guess.

These are the (insert insult here) that do anything possible to screw your game up, and sometimes even worse.

Then there are the idiots: and let me begin with an example of a bit before, here:

In a session were two girls.
I "know" both of them.
They are nice, fun people, pleasant to be around when doing things like missions.

But, earlier, some (insert insult here) came in, found out about both... and he began to "virtually" rape them in chat.
Needless to say, we reported said (insert insult here), and both ladies left the session.

Now, I do not quite get where the fun in this was, I am just the next idiot, what do I know, right?

But there are two things, I actually DO know...
Respect, and politeness.

Now, I do not ask you, dear reader, to be polite ingame.
But I DO ask for respect, especially towards the female players.

The above situation?
That simply cannot be, and should be dealt with harshly.

Same for griefers and the like.
They cannot be punished hard enough, in my opinion.

People bought the game, if some (insert insult here) comes in to ruin the fun of someone, or everyone, it needs to be addressed, and dealt with.

Just my two cents.

Thoughts?
Reactions?
Please share, but keep it respectful, please.

TheSantader25

Every online game has this type of people. They're impossible to contain. No matter the bans they always can find their way around it so... 

Also i guess you have to post this in the GTA ONLINE thread.

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)

So why should female players be treated any differently than male players? (In reference to respect, mostly...)

And what's this about "better ban system"?

Your post have very little to do with the post title.

Edited by FukNRekd

Big Molio
22 hours ago, =Sammy= said:

People bought the game, if some (insert insult here) comes in to ruin the fun of someone, or everyone, it needs to be addressed, and dealt with.

Just my two cents.

Thoughts?
Reactions?
Please share, but keep it respectful, please.

My thoughts are, what do you define as a griefer who ought to be banned?

Reason I ask is that a female player who I stalked in the Akula to halt her from completing Headhunter (so I won) spent a good hour later calling me a griefer, a bully, that I should be reported, that I was sad, etc etc

i thought I was just playing the game like...

KWF1981
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

My thoughts are, what do you define as a griefer who ought to be banned?

Reason I ask is that a female player who I stalked in the Akula to halt her from completing Headhunter (so I won) spent a good hour later calling me a griefer, a bully, that I should be reported, that I was sad, etc etc

i thought I was just playing the game like...

Yet more reasons to allow more choice/freedom or impliment balance. Well, not more reason, but I'm sure you know what I mean by this.

It's just getting so bloody common, in gaming as a whole.

Edited by KWF1981

Big Molio
3 minutes ago, KWF1981 said:

Yet more reasons to allow more choice/freedom or impliment balance. Well, not more reason, but I'm sure you know what I mean by this.

It's just getting so bloody common, in gaming as a whole.

I won't even entertain complaints from anybody who starts those games. They are most definitely PvP in nature.

Stormingz

It’s just the world we live in today, unfortunately.

R3CON
Posted (edited)

Yeah OP, what is your point?

Like you mention banning and the banning system, but what is the exact course of action to take? It should be stronger? To do what and against who?

It's just very vague. Also about the two gamers you played with earlier...when you say "virtually raped" are you talking about sexual harrassment over the mic? Or just someone getting killed over and over and over. Those are too completely different things but I'm not sure which one you mean, especially since you're so offended by what happened. 

But ultimately it doesn't really sound like anything bannable happened. People are generally douchebags over the mic in all games. Kinda hard to stop that. People also tend to attack others and "grief" them, but that's part of the game by design. So not sure what to say. 

Edited by R3CON

KWF1981
1 minute ago, Big Molio said:

I won't even entertain complaints from anybody who starts those games. They are most definitely PvP in nature.

And completely free to choose how we play them entirely. I love VIP works for this. If I want to, passively, or aggressively, I can.

GTA.

Gaffa
Posted (edited)

Forum took a fart on that post :/ so I'll have to edit it

Edited by Gaffa

FlacidJack

R* takes hate speech pretty seriously, I've seen multiple people / friends banned simply for typing the wrong word (usually the most infamous racist term... because they're idiots).

As a fellow polite dude I suggest recording the chat then sending it to R* via ticket. Seems like they suspend toxic accounts more than cheaters or "modders", at least on PC.

Gaffa
Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, =Sammy= said:

Now, most modders tend to leave me be, and i could not care less.
Once they annoy me and kill my fun online... then I begin to care...

Oh this'll be good, time for popcorn. 

Idiots and griefers:

Griefers, well, speaks for itself, i guess.

These are the (insert insult here) that do anything possible to screw your game up, and sometimes even worse.

Yep that can happen. Do "Find New Session", lag the lobby out, play with friends or in a crew or get better than them. 

Then there are the idiots: and let me begin with an example of a bit before, here:

In a session were two girls.
I "know" both of them.
They are nice, fun people, pleasant to be around when doing things like missions.

But, earlier, some (insert insult here) came in, found out about both... and he began to "virtually" rape them in chat.
Needless to say, we reported said (insert insult here), and both ladies left the session.

I wonder if people can lose their virginity virtually as well... Oh and VR is a thing but I didn't know it was that advanced. 🤔

Honestly though if it's sexual insults then yeah that's not nice and nobody should have to put up with it, but you really need to be clear when making that accusation though. Not sure what reporting them is going to do unless you're taking it to Microsoft or Sony, and then I'm sure they'd want some sort of evidence. Usually nothing happens from Rockstar until they've had several of the same reports, but I suppose it could get somewhere eventually. 

Now, I do not quite get where the fun in this was, I am just the next idiot, what do I know, right?

But there are two things, I actually DO know...
Respect, and politeness.

Now, I do not ask you, dear reader, to be polite ingame.
But I DO ask for respect, especially towards the female players.

The above situation?
That simply cannot be, and should be dealt with harshly.

Woah wait, why female players especially? You ask for respect yet you're somewhat alienating a whole bunch of people with that. I understand your position but equality isn't a bad thing.

If you suggest the above situation should be dealt with harshly, you could provide some examples of what was said or done to show what was so bad it needs harsh punishment, as well as explain how you'd tackle the situation.

No, that's the game. People aren't going to (or shouldn't) be punished for playing the game as it's design intended, no matter who agrees with what they're doing or not. 

Rockstar Games could've allowed doing all the CEO and MC Club stuff in privatised sessions but they haven't - I wonder what reasons come into that decision... 

Overall banning people from the game doesn't work - they can just go out there and create a new account or buy a new copy of the game. You'll have the same issue for those who get console banned, but who have plenty of money to get a new one and keep on... being a menace to society I guess. 

So what does work? Maybe all it takes is a proper chat with the person causing the issue(s) and an explanation to make them aware of how their conduct (or whatever) is having a detrimental effect on your enjoyment? I dunno, I'm not an expert and don't have any psychiatric training. 

But remember at the end of the day, it's just a game, and once the week's out and you're having a blast with some friends, you mightn't give a crap about all this cooked up drama. 

Edited by Gaffa

HARBUJAHN

We need too deport these back to blaine county and build a wall 

ALifeOfMisery

DgsLoMa.gif

I'm not often lost for words. 

Dburger

Even if the OP made any sort of sense, everybody has their own definition of griefing, despite the fact that there is an “official” definition that people like to cite so very much. There’s no way to make everyone happy. 

MrClownSocks
30 minutes ago, HARBUJAHN said:

I’m MrClownSocks and I approve this message. 

HARBUJAHN
1 minute ago, Dburger said:

Even if the OP made any sort of sense, everybody has their own definition of griefing, despite the fact that there is an “official” definition that people like to cite so very much. There’s no way to make everyone happy. 

Since i went back too the original badsport look (all white) ive been griefed non stop by low ranks asking for cash drops  

Something needs doing about this as well. I am being financially harassed :)

FuturePastNow

Griefers, banned? How do you define griefing?

Sanches

Nobody needs devs' support and good mechanics in 2018.

kcole4001

This should get the g & t types wound up for all out defense of 'their way' as usual.

You guys argue it out all over again, as is still being done in the destroy cargo thread.

I'm sure someone will eventually change their mind ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

......you still there?

UncleScrooge
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HARBUJAHN said:

And make them pay for it.

Together we will make Los Santos great again.

Edited by UncleScrooge
Trumpeting

Mach1bud

This topic is going nowhere fast.

Ending it now before the arguments break out like the Los Santos riots.

OP, I suggest browsing around the forums for already established topics on griefing, banning policy, and female gamers. There are relevant topics for all of them.