3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Stekahedron

Red Dead Launch Day Party

Stekahedron

So, I've been pestering my CVG buddies and I've got a crew together who want to celebrate launch day by taking the day off work, getting f*cked up and playing level or a life RDR2 when it comes out.

My question is are any other rdr fans looking to celebrate in a similar way?

Still not sure whether to pre order digital, buy from Amazon or turn up to a shop on the day to ensure we have the game in time for the day, but I do know that we're gonna act like hooligan cowboys afterwards and shoot up all the local saloons afterwards!!! f*cking Yee haw.

LeonVegaSuarez

Sorry, but when I finally have the game I won't be partying or getting drunk. I'll sit down in my awesome office chair, get some iced tea and some snacks next to me and play the game in peace for like 10 hours straight.

DexMacLeod

I will be alone in a dimly lit room with surround sound headphones on.

O.Z
3 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

You should always play in a well lit room, anyhow, will definitely play for a good 2-3 hours straight on the first day

damienrayemusic
Posted (edited)

I will be going to the traditional route which i missed so much... gonna go to the midnight release for RDR2 and party excited with the people there, no drugs or gettin f*cked up needed for me. Just gonna show up dressed as a cowboy and have a hella fun time looking at the case mesmerized that the game is finally here !! Gonna celebrate with my dad, red dead redemption is his favorite game as well as mine. 

Edited by damienrayemusic

Cutter De Blanc

I'll take a couple days off work, sure. Rockstar game is like a sabbatical

I wonder if the store I work at will let me procure a copy early when they arrive on the truck.

Jason
8 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Sorry, but when I finally have the game I won't be partying or getting drunk. I'll sit down in my awesome office chair, get some iced tea and some snacks next to me and play the game in peace for like 10 hours straight.

4 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

These people know what's up. RDR2 on your billy lonesome in your room or living room from morning till morning is the way to go. 👌

gonnaenodaethat
10 hours ago, Stekahedron said:

My question is are any other rdr fans looking to celebrate in a similar way?

I'm going to eat beans for ma tea...….a lot of beans.

And then ahm going to shoot all the midgets I find in the game.

60017 Silver Fox

I will probably celebrate by getting the game, console and a big enough television to enjoy playing the game. What better way to celebrate by being able to play it the day it comes out on a new console and a new television to play a new game?

I might get a little bit of kfc and bottle of coke though. That would be a nice little extra.

TheSantader25

I'm gonna pour myself a glass of water(yes) and play it for 24 hours straight. Who needs to get high when you have a new R* game at your hands. That's more than enough. 

Michael Griffith

I’m going to go to the midnight launch to pick up the game and collectors box, go home and install the game and while that’s installing go through the collectors box. Oh god it can’t come soon enough!

joshua969

I'm going to the midnight launch with the sole purpose to get the game as soon as possible.  I'll probably have a beer or two while it's installing, but that's about it.

Stekahedron

for me this is a cultural mile-stone event and I'm looking forward to sharing it with friends and then going out and celebrating, I've got the week off as well so I aren't afraid of only playing a few hours and then hammering it through the week, although I really hope there's 50+ hours of gameplay before you get to the side quests, trophies etc. I loved the witchers length and DLC, I prefer a game to take a good few months to clock, take a break and then do another plauthrough with an eyebrow challenges and extras .

jimbos0013
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if there's gonna be a midnight release in Australia?

Edited by jimbos0013
dp

MC_HaMMaSTiX
  1.  Acquire physical copy of game (I'm an 80's baby who still prefers physical over digital)
  2.  Wait impatiently for what feels like forever for the inevitable download install upon starting said game
  3.  Lose my sh*t (in a good way) when I can actually play
  4.  Make sure to play "Hotel California" in the background if there's any desert or Mexico locales - "I've Got Friends in Low Places" when out drinking with Bill and/or Uncle if possible 
  5.  Emerge from my Man Cave after weeks or months looking like Will Forte in the beginning of that last man on earth tv show
  6.  Head back into Man Cave for RDRO if it's even remotely as fun as I hope it'll be
  7.  Lose my sh*t (in a bad way) when tryhards ruin RDRO
  8.  Replay the story for the first of many times

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

I went with digital download, so I'm probably going to start playing around 1 am. It'll be me alone, in a dark room, close to the TV wearing headphones. Friends would completely ruin the experience for me, I don't want no one (especially not drunk) sitting there commenting and what not. F*ck those guys.

I'll drink one beer maybe and play until my eyes bleed. I'll also sprinkle some herbs here and there... you know, to summon the good spirits and all.

I'll wait with online for a good bit, but when I get on there I hope to do so together with my current GTAO "family". Really looking forward to it.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

VigMarston91

Buying the Digital copy soon! Gonna pre-load the game and wait for midnight release. I'm not the emotional type, but 8 years is a long ass wait! As soon as I see Red Dead Redemption II on the screen.. I may even let out some happy "manly" tears :p

Gonna be playing alone! Get lost in the world and characters that R* created. I'll probably be hunting and playing mini-games for the first two days or so. Purely buying it for the single player experience, not a huge fan of multiplayer in any games. I may give it a try though, just to meet some of you outlaws ;)

Still 125 days to go!!!! move faster dammit!!

Fluffy Sock
2 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I went with digital download, so I'm probably going to start playing around 1 am. It'll be me alone, in a dark room, close to the TV wearing headphones. Friends would completely ruin the experience for me, I don't want no one (especially not drunk) sitting there commenting and what not. F*ck those guys.

I'll drink one beer maybe and play until my eyes bleed. I'll also sprinkle some herbs here and there... you know, to summon the good spirits and all.

I'll wait with online for a good bit, but when I get on there I hope to do so together with my current GTAO "family". Really looking forward to it.

Same. This is gonna be a private pleasure. Start the game, no missions, no side missions, no npc interactions (unless forced), no hunting, just exploring. A couple hours at the bare minimum. Stendhal Syndrome at its best.

Mach1bud
On 6/22/2018 at 5:12 AM, TheSantader25 said:

I'm gonna pour myself a glass of water(yes) and play it for 24 hours straight. Who needs to get high when you have a new R* game at your hands. That's more than enough. 

My exact plan as well. Will likely have several beers, but that is a daily thing anyways.

GTAFanClub

I'm definitely not going to get drunk or high. I think that would ruin the experience for me. I waited so long for this game and I don't want to f*ck it up.

I'll probably have ready-made meals and snacks on hand along with a good supply of cold water and coffee. Kinda like prepping for a hurricane. 

Then try to find a horse, ease into it and explore unless the game dictates otherwise.

The boozing will start later when online opens up.🥃

UnknownDivision
On 6/21/2018 at 2:18 PM, O.Z said:

You should always play in a well lit room, anyhow, will definitely play for a good 2-3 hours straight on the first day

2-3 hours straight??? sh*t, more like 7.

O.Z
2 hours ago, UnknownDivision said:

2-3 hours straight??? sh*t, more like 7.

When I was younger I used to play for that long in one session, not these days though, 2-3 hours is plenty for me. I played GTA5 for about a few hours on the launch day as well...

Morgan

I'm going to the night opening probably. Just enjoy the fact that it is finally October 26. When home I will install the game immediately and will take a good look at the world map (special edition). Will play a couple of hours in the night (alone! nobody takes this moment from me ;)) and get lost is the world. I will definitely first discover the world a little bit before I start the missions and stuff. In terms of hours, I certainly don't want to go crazy...3 hours a day maybe? Probably this will not work out, haha! Can't wait!!