1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

hugh750

do you guys let randoms drive (or fly) your vehicles

do you guys let randoms drive your cars or fly your aircraft?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. when doing ceo or bunker / facility work (with randoms) do you let them drive your cars or fly your aircraft?

• yes, i let them chauffeur me to the job's waypoint
    • no!, are you insane??
    • i don't care if they drive (or fly) my vehicles, my vehicles are insured by mmi

hugh750

today while i was doing some ceo work i hired a random into my org.

i decided to source a car, i had my assistant bring up my buzzard and i made the mistake of having the random fly my buzzard to where the car that i needed was.

i know we got to start some where but he flew kind of wobbly.😰

as soon as we flew over the car i needed i bailed out so i could get the car (and not take a chance on the landing).

as soon as i parachuted onto the ground i seen the kill feed listing my buzzard destroyed and the random died.

Pedinhuh

Only vehicle I really don't let anyone drive is my Comet, simply put because randoms don't know how to handle that happy tail.

The rest? Meh

FlacidJack

Gotta say it Hugh..... 

Good thread man!

Hopefully fw3 didn't already cover this ;)[

I always leave my vehicles unlocked because "it's GTA" and I'm always up to let someone drive me around. Or if i'm not in the mood I just put it to passenger after they thief my ride then switch it back to everyone once i'm driving.

Storytime

During the 2x Dispatch week I loved leaving my Oppressor unlocked so the randos could try it. At the beginning of missions I always hop on then blast away making it look easy, then the next round some randos would always run to my bike and hop on and commit suicide within seconds... it was hilarious!

After a while I'd tell the randos as they stole my ride to be careful because I'm not covered for assisted suicide 😛

Didn't work... I sware 99% never made it to the objective lol

STeeLeMM

I always leave my vehicle unlocked just for the entertainment of others, usually low level players who might not have driven super cars or weaponized vehicles. Also for my entertainment to see some of them trying to control them, especially the air vehicles.

Lonely-Martin

I do, often at times. I enjoy hanging out between jobs and any one can have a burn in one of my vehicles. But if I'm doing jobs and things can be delicate, like heists and such, I drive.

Unless I know them of course.

carnerd3000

I prefer not to let randoms drive my Weaponized Vehicles unless I know they aren't reckless players. For a while I literally set my vehicle access to Passenger after someone using my Tampa used the missiles on it and accidentally blew up the Barracks in the Pac Standard Convoy mission.

IceDree

I let them drive my cars in Freemode & Contact missions, expensive cars motivate new players.

I don't let anyone fly my planes  though. They crash & before you know it we're stuck on Mount Joshua or San Chainski ... f*ck that sh*t.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
Posted (edited)

Only when I don't care about the outcome lol :pp

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ funny driver meme

Edited by xwinkx_girlYakuza

lowriderlife63
Posted (edited)

If I see that they are friendly and actually want to try out my cars then yes, most of the time it happens on contact missions. A random enjoying my Voodoo!

Little Seoul

Edited by lowriderlife63

Zader

I actually really enjoy going passive and handing out my expensive toys to people who don't have them and might not be able to experience them without hours worth of grinding. It's netted me plenty of nice messages, taking randos on a cop rampage in my MOC, letting them race around in my Rocket Voltic, or showing them the limitless reach of the Deluxo.

I'll pull out supercars and expensive sports cars, not to show off, but so that the level 83 who just now was able to afford a biker clubhouse can get a taste of the finer things. I hope to show them that not everyone is hostile, and that just shooting everybody you encounter doesn't get you anywhere.

That being said, this only extends to freemode. Stay the f*ck off my bike if we're doing a job, there's only room for one piece of ass in the seat.

R3CON
Posted (edited)

I leave my vehicles unlocked pretty much always. It's another car for someone to steal in the game named for the such. My cars all have 100% armor and bulletproof tires so I figure they're in good hands. Sometimes I wonder how long they'll appreciate it or how long they'll go before it blows up, what shenanigans they get into while driving, etc, etc. It's interesting to witness. So oftentimes I'll seek alternative transport in a car off the street, the CEO menu or Pegasus until they get over it or I feel it's time to pull back on the reins. Whatever happens first. 

In heists, missions or freeroam it's a no-brainer if I'd rather be the passenger. Drive all you want, it's insured and it's a game so damage doesn't really matter. Perfect to have others drive when you need to go AFK or take a small break. When DLC drops I'll make the effort to get randoms to drive the new cars and experience them as much as possible. Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest so it's cool to give them a real test drive. I do this with aircraft too. 

One thing I dislike is when you're on a team and someone takes your car but then leaves their car locked or stuck on passenger. That's when I'll kick you out, just on principle, because it's inconsiderate. Another time I'll restrict access is if I want to control how it's used on a mission, like a PV left on the beach to rescue Avi in Pacfic Standard: Signal for example. But the vast majority of the time I keep it unlocked.  

Oh and btw, I give friends carte blanche access to the vehicle. What's mine is yours. 

Edited by R3CON

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

No. Never. I barely let my friend drive them. Vehicle access is passenger only.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Harbz

Only time i let people drive mine around is when a new dlc comes out tbh, and let gtaf crew members test before they buy.

Im one of them people that has everything asap without fail :)

ALifeOfMisery

On rare occasions, like when a really low rank text me "cool car, what is that?" when they saw my Blade, I let them drive it.

But in the most part, no, I don't let randoms drive my vehicles. I don't even usually allow randoms to be a passenger, because when they change the radio station I have to kick them out and kill them.

autofanatic

Yes, except the Shotaro or other PV without passengers sit.

CrysisAverted

Occasionally

although if they tell me to let them drive with an attitude I laugh and drive off, you don't tell me sh*t.

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)

@autofanaticWith me and being passenger, it's a bit the other way round: I don't mind people using my stuff (I seldom interact with randoms anyway, and most of my crew mates just aren't interested in my collection) as long as I don't have to be the passenger, which most of the time makes me feel itchy (plus, when the other has shoddy internet connection the lagging drives me quite crazy anyway). So I'm using another vehicle (street/Pegasus/other dude's vehicle) in the meantime.

Consequentially, in jobs / CEO work I very much prefer driving / flying myself, no matter if it's my job or the other's.

I am willing to make compromises on the choice of radio stations, however. Sometimes.

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

LunaticPandora

I'll usually let people drive my ordinary cars, but I won't let anybody drive my weaponized vehicles, only I drive them. I had this "friend," an annoying guy I met through heists, who recently started refusing to get out his own cars, and DEMANDED I let him drive mine, by angrily pointing at my car. Um hello? This is my car, you don't get driving privileges because you won't get out your own. I angrily honked my horn until he gave up and rode as a passenger. Eventually I got sick of his crap and blocked him.

Shadowfennekin
Posted (edited)

No because I don't want somebody grabbing my Deluxo or Oppressor when I leave them behind, and then using them to cause trouble

Edited by Shadowfennekin

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

Yes, but I put a sticky bomb on the back in case they get fresh.

I remember a noob asking me whether I had a Hydra when it was launched and asking me could he have a go of it. I dutifully phoned Pegasus and flew it to him on the golf course, watching as he gleefully wobbled off straight into a building with it, like a bumblebee bouncing against a window ha ha

Edited by Big Molio

GreatScott1181

I've often left my cars on everyone, and have occasionally looked at the map while doing a mission that required leaving it behind to see the PV icon moving around :)

One time however I was helping a friend do a MC business sale, and had left my Deluxo at his club house.  Next thing I knew, a random had stolen it and then used it to blow us up.  I took great joy in kicking them out of it in mid air, Deluxos don't come with parachutes......

Nugsy
Posted (edited)

Generally not but if I'm at a loose end on a major update day I may bring out my new toys for all to try.

Edited by Nugsy

Willy A. Jeep

The better question is if I let my friends drive my vehicles. The answer to that is a resounding "sometimes" because I've known them to take my various rides on five-star car chases without me. Fun to boot them, in that kind of scenario.

To answer the question at hand, one of the first things I did in PC GTA Online was fly my Duster around. I landed at Vespucci Beach and a guy came over to check it out and asked if he could fly it. I agreed, and he flew straight into the wooden poles by the parking lot. So, I guess the answer is yes, though typically people just want a ride. If only we could charge...

Mynx

If I'm asked nicely I let anyone drive my cars, but if you drive right off into an accident be sure to get thrown out.

Aussie_Hunter

It depends really. If your my associate, you will never fly my heli's ever. If you touch my rockets, then your getting ejected mid air. 

During free roam I don't mind if people wanna fly my whirly birds so long as they ask nicely first. Had one guy just roll up as I spawned my Akula nearby and was running to get into it (and thinking the player was about to attack) when to my surprise they exited their car and began to get in the cockpit. One overreaction and an RPG later, they got the message that maybe they shouldn't do that 😁

Forza Harrd
Posted (edited)

Yes! Especially weaponized vehicles. You wouldn't believe how much fun low level randoms can have with an Avenger or MOC or even an APC...

Edited by Forza Harrd

Sanches

My vehicle doors are open for everyone. Why not let a random guy drive your bucket?

Quinn_flower

Nah and if I do I usually rig it with something from the menu. 

Dburger

I do, sometimes. I would let people drive my Highway Reaper styled regular Dukes back when only returning players could get one. That was by far the most popular car with randoms. The Blista Compact and regular Stallion didn’t come close. 

I’ll let people fly my Deluxo assuming we are actually on a mission/job and not in freemode, and only after we’ve “completed” the objective or have obtained what we need to obtain. I don’t want anybody destroying drugs, documents, a car we need, etc. I like giving people the opportunity. I think some people avoid mine though considering it’s modded subtly (ducktail spoiler, quad exhaust, vented sideskirts, and circular Imponte badge delete are the only cosmetic mods - still has the original exterior finish and stock wheels), but if somebody wants to fly it when it’d be very hard for them to f*ck something up, I’ll usually let them.  

Most of the time I have my settings set to Passengers and when I’m in my Deluxo, people race to my passenger door at the beginning of a job. That is how it works - whoever gets there first gets a ride. 

StangOne50

I dont do ceo work with randoms but if Im in a lobby and they ask me then yes Its cool. I dont mind letting a random trying a car that they may not have or something like that.

But in a mission or heist Im set to passengers only cuz randoms like to take your sh*t and just drive off.