Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,695 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Stormingz

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Stormingz
Posted (edited)

After years of anticipation, Capcom are back with a Remake of their 1998 Resident Evil 2. Releasing on January 25th 2019, for PS4, Xbox One and PC. We return as either Leon S. Kennedy, or Claire Redfield, to Raccoon City amidst the T-Virus outbreak. Leon, a rookie at the RPD, whose first day on the job, has just arrived into town, and Claire who has come to Raccoon City in search of her brother, Chris. The whole game has been remade from the ground up, and runs on the Resi 7 Engine. Capcom have included new levels, rooms and have promised new "surprises" for returning players, also returning as playable characters are Hunk and Tofu, but the biggest change of all is the third-person, over the shoulder perspective, that is making a return from the Resident Evil 4-6 games, instead of the fixed camera angle fans had in 1998.

E3 Reveal trailer:

Official Gameplay trailer:

Edited by Stormingz
Update

Bloodytears1666
7 minutes ago, Stormingz said:

also rumours of playable characters such as Hunk and Tofu may make a return

This rumors no more, all additional and original content within.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

Damn I miss Hunk. Haven’t seen him since re4

Does that mean mercenaries is making a return?

I am super hyped for this.  Loved the original and most of the game series, with 4 being my favorite.

also really enjoyed 7

Edited by Is this The Guy?

Nutduster

I'm a little bummed about the seeming lack of a fixed camera angle option, hopefully they add it.  Those early RE games were set apart from all the horror games that came later by that aspect.  Otherwise this game looks pretty damn good.  It'll have to be, to live up to the remake of the original game.

Stormingz
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nutduster said:

I'm a little bummed about the seeming lack of a fixed camera angle option, hopefully they add it.  Those early RE games were set apart from all the horror games that came later by that aspect.  Otherwise this game looks pretty damn good.  It'll have to be, to live up to the remake of the original game.

Yeah I was a bit bummed out too when Capcom confirmed the game was going to be an over the shoulder perspective, but I’m just glad this remake is finally happening, and to be honest after watching the gameplay, the game does still look terrifying, and just the RPD lobby in HD looks f*cking awesome.

Edited by Stormingz

Am Shaegar

Why no first person? It would have helped a lot to immerse myself further without knowing what lurks around the corner to keep the players on the edge, adding greatly to the scary part.

Good thing that I never played this game (or any of the franchise games) before, that will really help to make my experience of playing this game even better with all the fresh surprises and interesting moments. :)

Nutduster

You should try playing the remake of the original - just called Resident Evil and it's a cheap download on current gen. They use third person with fixed (cinematic style) cameras so you often have no idea what's around the corner - or even right in front of you. Love that game so much!

Bloodytears1666
18 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

Why no first person? It would have helped a lot to immerse myself further without knowing what lurks around the corner to keep the players on the edge, adding greatly to the scary part.

Good thing that I never played this game (or any of the franchise games) before, that will really help to make my experience of playing this game even better with all the fresh surprises and interesting moments. :)

They wanted, but it didn't worked, as Capcom claimed. I'm too prefer FP camera over cinematic. Yeah, classic point of view was nice, but nothing will bring those emotions like from eyes. Just dreaming to see hunter at point blank.

remake_hunter1_lg.jpg

Tchuck

I've played this extensively at work (I work at Capcom here in Osaka), and I'll tell you guys that the over the shoulder perspective is perfect for it. It's already claustrophobic enough, walking through the halls inside the RPD. And Lickers are sneaky crafty bastards. 

This remake has really distilled the RE formula, and made something amazing out of it. You'll guys will see!

Bloodytears1666
2 hours ago, Tchuck said:

I've played this extensively at work (I work at Capcom here in Osaka), and I'll tell you guys that the over the shoulder perspective is perfect for it. It's already claustrophobic enough, walking through the halls inside the RPD. And Lickers are sneaky crafty bastards. 

This remake has really distilled the RE formula, and made something amazing out of it. You'll guys will see!

Haven't seen anyone who disagree with that. 

Darth Yokel
2 hours ago, Tchuck said:

I was really excited when I saw the OTS camera. I can't wait for this. It's one of my favorite E3 reveals. Which says something about this year's E3.

But onto the more pressing matters. Can I blame you for DMC HD Collection for the PC? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that it's finally available for the PC, but some of the textures really could have used some work before the game was ported over. Those skyboxes and the moon texture. Jeez.

Tchuck
1 hour ago, Darth Yokel said:

I was really excited when I saw the OTS camera. I can't wait for this. It's one of my favorite E3 reveals. Which says something about this year's E3.

But onto the more pressing matters. Can I blame you for DMC HD Collection for the PC? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that it's finally available for the PC, but some of the textures really could have used some work before the game was ported over. Those skyboxes and the moon texture. Jeez.

We're pretty happy with the reception we got from E3 this year! DMC5 and RE2 and even Megaman were extremely well received, and deservingly so.

RE2 is gory as hell, I was really surprised when I was playing it for the first time. Suddenly the zombie just gnawing away pieces of my neck, like, woah! And Mr. X, man, the guy is ruthless!

As for DMC HD, that ain't on me, yo!

Stormingz
Posted (edited)

I can’t wait to see Mr. X on my Xbox One X on my 4K TV, it’s been too long since I’ve played RE2. I wish I still had my old Playstation or a way to play the original again.

Edited by Stormingz

OurJud
On 6/16/2018 at 4:45 AM, Nutduster said:

You should try playing the remake of the original - just called Resident Evil and it's a cheap download on current gen. They use third person with fixed (cinematic style) cameras so you often have no idea what's around the corner - or even right in front of you. Love that game so much!

Might have to give that one a search and see how much it is. I play almost extensively first-person open world games, but I might be able to get into this if it's anything like this remake of 2.

Thanks for the info.

Nutduster
Posted (edited)

No problem. I think I paid $10 or 20 for it on the Xbox store.

Edited by Nutduster

OurJud
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

No problem. I think I paid $10 or 20 for it on the Xbox store.

Over here in the UK, on the PS Store, it's on at £15.99. I passed as that's a little steep for me.

Edited by OurJud

MarshDanni
6 hours ago, Stormingz said:

I can’t wait to see Mr. X on my Xbox One X on my 4K TV, it’s been too long since I’ve played RE2. I wish I still had my old Playstation or a way to play the original again.

Well technically if you want you can always play Resident Evil 2 (PS1) on an emulator. Already played it myself a few times and I must say it's better than nothing. Also the emulator is pretty optimized for the PC

Stormingz
1 hour ago, MarshDanni said:

Well technically if you want you can always play Resident Evil 2 (PS1) on an emulator. Already played it myself a few times and I must say it's better than nothing. Also the emulator is pretty optimized for the PC

I’ve thought about that, but I don’t even have a decent PC lol.

MarshDanni
1 minute ago, Stormingz said:

I’ve thought about that, but I don’t even have a decent PC lol.

Eh, it doesn't require that much to be honest. There are a few plugins that help players play on a slower PC so you can try at least!

Stormingz
34 minutes ago, MarshDanni said:

Eh, it doesn't require that much to be honest. There are a few plugins that help players play on a slower PC so you can try at least!

You know what, I might give it a shot it’s been a while since I’ve last tried.

Hypothetically, what do you guys reckon of a RE3 remake? IF the sales are good for the RE2 Remake, I could see it happening. Capcom could always re-use a lot of assets from this remake if they really wanted.

Bloodytears1666
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stormingz said:

You know what, I might give it a shot it’s been a while since I’ve last tried.

Hypothetically, what do you guys reckon of a RE3 remake? IF the sales are good for the RE2 Remake, I could see it happening. Capcom could always re-use a lot of assets from this remake if they really wanted.

Could recommend you one Silentscape studios build for Silent Hill 1. When you find it, you only need to change image file from Silent Hill to Resident Evil, it's not only having good default optimisation, also gives you better options menu than in EPSXE. Back in the day used to play Symphony of the Night and it run smooth. I guess there will be not much difference with Resident Evil 2.

Guess REmake 3 is only matter of time. 

Edited by Bloodytears1666

VenomDYOM

I hope they do a RE 3 remake. Let's see how this one goes. The demo is pretty good. But please keep the save room theme as it was in REmake 3

53 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Could recommend you one Silentscape studios build for Silent Hill 1. When you find it, you only need to change image file from Silent Hill to Resident Evil, it's not only having good default optimisation, also gives you better options menu than in EPSXE. Back in the day used to play Symphony of the Night and it run smooth. I guess there will be not much difference with Resident Evil 2.

Guess REmake 3 is only matter of time. 

I installed Silent Hill 1 on PC by Silentscape studios. 

Algonquin Assassin

I never played RE2 because back in the late 90s zombies freaked me out. Looks great though. I've been getting into the series since playing RE7.

Matrelith
Posted (edited)

Q09IwkE.gif

This game is definitely in my top 5 of announced E3 games. I really enjoyed the remaster of the first game and I was hoping they'd do the same for 2 and 3. The way the game looks in the new engine, from environments, to characters and gore is simply amazing.

Edited by Matrelith

OurJud
3 hours ago, Matrelith said:

This game is definitely in my top 5 of announced E3 games. I really enjoyed the remaster of the first game and I was hoping they'd do the same for 2 and 3. The way the game looks in the new engine, from environments, to characters and gore is simply amazing.

Agreed. I can't remember the last time I played a third-person game, but this one's tempting me.

Stormingz

I admit, I had my doubts on this being third-person over the shoulder too, but those doubts have been pretty much squashed now.

OurJud
Posted (edited)

Sorry to stray slightly off-topic but just discovered while exploring the PlayStation Store that if you search for the RE games they come up at full price, but if you go to the 'Deals' page they're on there for half the price. Just bagged myself RE6.

I was hoping 7 would be on there as I really like the idea of a first-person RE game, but it's not.

Edited by OurJud