Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,456 visits to this link)

    2. News

    1. GTA Online

      1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

    2. Red Dead Redemption

    3. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
suicidehummer

Stronger wheels?

Recommended Posts

suicidehummer

So, in the Native Trainer that comes with Scripthook, there is an option to make wheels stronger, so they don't get pushed in so easily. Does anyone know what value they are editing to do that? I've tried all the handling and damage flags that seem relevant but to no avail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsiAdam

Have you tried giving your vehicles a positive camber? It wouldn't make them invincible, but as you could imagine, it'd push them out a bit further, perhaps giving them more resistence.

And what is the option called in NativeTrainer? You could look for it in the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidehummer
17 hours ago, ItsiAdam said:

Have you tried giving your vehicles a positive camber? It wouldn't make them invincible, but as you could imagine, it'd push them out a bit further, perhaps giving them more resistence.

And what is the option called in NativeTrainer? You could look for it in the source.

 

How would I open the source code and where would I look? Sorry, bit of a newb at modding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsiAdam

It's apart of the SHV SDK.

Anyway, this is all the code does:

       if (bPlayerExists && !featureVehInvincibleWheels && PED::IS_PED_IN_ANY_VEHICLE(playerPed, 0))
        {
            Vehicle veh = PED::GET_VEHICLE_PED_IS_USING(playerPed);
            VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_TYRES_CAN_BURST(veh, TRUE);
            VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_WHEELS_CAN_BREAK(veh, TRUE);
            VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_HAS_STRONG_AXLES(veh, FALSE);
        }

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidehummer
17 hours ago, ItsiAdam said:

It's apart of the SHV SDK.

Anyway, this is all the code does:
 

       if (bPlayerExists && !featureVehInvincibleWheels && PED::IS_PED_IN_ANY_VEHICLE(playerPed, 0))
        {
            Vehicle veh = PED::GET_VEHICLE_PED_IS_USING(playerPed);
            VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_TYRES_CAN_BURST(veh, TRUE);
            VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_WHEELS_CAN_BREAK(veh, TRUE);
            VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_HAS_STRONG_AXLES(veh, FALSE);
        }

 

 

So is there a way to have that permanently on by editing game files? Or is it entirely a function of the trainer code? And if so, can I make it permanent there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsiAdam
Posted (edited)

Just call this on frame by the looks:

VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_HAS_STRONG_AXLES(veh, true);
Edited by ItsiAdam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidehummer
14 hours ago, ItsiAdam said:

Just call this on frame by the looks:

VEHICLE::SET_VEHICLE_HAS_STRONG_AXLES(veh, true);

How do you open the code? OpenIV doesn't seem to be able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DylanCarey

Cool, very useful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.