Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,821 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TheHunter1203

Is it wrong destroying someones cargo?

GRlMOlRE

If the person is foolish enough to run cargo in a open session,then yeah it's fair game...Getting into a private public session is well known at this point...

Up2NoGood45
2 minutes ago, GRlMOlRE said:

If the person is foolish enough to run cargo in a open session,then yeah it's fair game...Getting into a private public session is well known at this point...

Fair enough, but I like to think people are better and more common sense than they continually prove themselves to be.  So I guess I'm sentenced to a life of being disappointed in people. 

I mean, what is the point?  2 grand?  That's nothing.  It's pure trolling and trying to ruin someone else's game experience.  I'm sorry, I don't get the pleasure in it at all. 

GRlMOlRE
1 minute ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

Fair enough, but I like to think people are better and more common sense than they continually prove themselves to be.  So I guess I'm sentenced to a life of being disappointed in people. 

I mean, what is the point?  2 grand?  That's nothing.  It's pure trolling and trying to ruin someone else's game experience.  I'm sorry, I don't get the pleasure in it at all. 

Look at it like this...Life isn't fair and people will always be dicks in videogames. All faith in humanity is lost my friend. 

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, Ice_cold2016 said:

You need loads of other players to help you do that though. And you will more than likely get trolled while trying to do it what with most GTA players shooting anything that moves. You can't even fart without someone trying to shoot it.

You literally only need another player and an Invite session if you're worried about other players interfering.

Black-Dragon96
4 hours ago, Nutduster said:

Good god, why is this so hard to understand?  If the setting affects free mode even though it shouldn't, and if you knowingly use that to get into free mode sessions with no one in them, that's an exploit.  And while it's not your fault that the bug exists, it IS your fault if you take advantage of it knowingly.  Just exactly like it was my fault when I took advantage of the restart-playlist bug to sell in solo sessions a year or two ago.  That too was an exploit, which Rockstar eventually patched.

Are you unable to read?

I said I use it to keep people out of my job/heist lobbys so I can play jobs/heists with my buddy. The way it affects freemode was not known to me when I turned matchmaking to closed months ago.

Are you now accusing me of glitching/exploiting because I don't turn matchmaking back to "open" when I go back to freemode?

Don't be ridiculous mate!

1 hour ago, Nutduster said:

1.- If Rockstar is totally cool with you forcing solo public sessions to sell in, why don't they allow sales in invite-only or crew lobbies?  Why the restriction to public in the first place?

2.- If Rockstar is totally cool with you using bugs to put yourself into solo public sessions, why do they occasionally patch those bugs?  Including the example I already gave (not the only one) of the playlist-repeat bug that would put you into a solo public lobby every time?  What was the point of patching this if they didn't regard it as a bug?  And if it's a bug, on what basis can you say that it's NOT an exploit to make it happen on purpose in order to sell with reduced risk?

3.- If Rockstar is totally cool with you working in solo public sessions *at will*, meaning anytime you want, then why is there no menu option to start a solo public session?

1. Maybe because solo public still carries the risk of hostile players joining unlike to private where they would be unable to join!

2. Maybe these things got patched because of a diffrent reason, that has nothing to do with solo public at all. Nobody knows. Neither you nor me.

I mean they patched a bunch of clothing glitches back in the day wich are now an advertised feature (helmet+mask for example).

3. No idea. I'm not R*. Maybe they think its not needed, maybe they dont want to activly encourage you.

The thing is, if they wouldn't be cool with it, they could easily prevent it by adding a minimum player requirement. They did not do that after 6 updates who use the public only system.

Ice_cold2016
1 hour ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

You literally only need another player and an Invite session if you're worried about other players interfering.

You need atleast 3. 2 deluxos so that's 2 people as both people need to fly them. A 3rd person in a cargobob. And what about the Mule? You need to source one of those. And if you do can you open the back doors on the sourced mule? Or you have to have your own mule to be able to open the back doors? That would make 4 people. In an invite session nobody would be able to see it and surely that's where the fun is. Randoms see a flying mule and are like "Da fuq!".

Edited by Ice_cold2016

Smokewood
31 minutes ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

The point, once again, is that it is fun.

Up2NoGood45
4 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

That’s fun.  OK

Big Molio
8 minutes ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

That’s fun.  OK

Yeah, it can be fun to piss on peoples’ parades with no consequence, such as the game allows.

I mean, Serenity Now pulled off one of the greatest dick-move trolling events in the history of online gaming, but by holy f*ck is it funny.

Smooth Longsack

I'm officially checking out of this thread. It's been real. 

The-Ghost
17 minutes ago, Smooth Longsack said:

I'm officially checking out of this thread. It's been real. 

What the heck? I was just bringing up some food man, you should stay for a bit more, it's fun seeing people trying to convince me that a jerk move isn't one just because

ThE gAmE sAyS sO.

1 hour ago, Smokewood said:

The game would be boring without people chasing you and trying to kill you. It would become a pizza delivery simulator... 

Please tell me more about how can I have fun with my own game, I have lost my "Instructions" book.

Edited by The-Ghost

Voodoo-Hendrix
37 minutes ago, Ice_cold2016 said:

You need atleast 3. 2 deluxos so that's 2 people as both people need to fly them. A 3rd person in a cargobob. And what about the Mule? You need to source one of those. And if you do can you open the back doors on the sourced mule? Or you have to have your own mule to be able to open the back doors? That would make 4 people. In an invite session nobody would be able to see it and surely that's where the fun is. Randoms see a flying mule and are like "Da fuq!".

You literally need two:

One player with a Deluxo and Cargobob (either spawned or Pegasus)

Another player with a Deluxo and Mule (spawned or Pegasus)

To open the Mule backdoors, you do this:

You're going to need one friend to help. Park the Mule against a wall so you're blocking the passenger door. Once you've done that, you want to have your friend try and get in from the back. It will teleport him into the back and they can open the door by aiming their weapon. Once they've done this, they can stand up and push the other door open!

And while a bunch of randoms would not be present to watch, the magic of the internet can fix that, as the Reddit post with +1,000 upvotes from said gif can attest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/8sqzsf/when_mules_fly/

44 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

More like fun to you, I bet that guy who got his car collection sale destroyed cuz le epic trullz ecks deeeee is laughing too /s

As I previously said, your fun affects my fun; my fun doesn't affect your fun.

MR_N_V_S

It’s supposed to be high risk, high reward. That being said I think we’re better off with people in general trying to blow us up rather than OP aimbot NPCs with explosives. Besides, if your cargo is destroyed (partially) you can close GTA and get a small reduction from what you originally had. This is kind of straying off topic, but I feel like it’s valid point to bring up. Yes, the people who actively seek out people who are harmlessly trying to grind are mean spirited, but complaining about them when there is a mechanic in the game that lets you regain most of your stock.

HamwithCheese
1 hour ago, Smokewood said:

The game would be boring without people chasing you and trying to kill you. It would become a pizza delivery simulator... 

See, this really gets on my nerves. 

There really isn't a reason to be against co-op lobbies (do not correct me spaceman) and despite them being purely optional, people say "no I wouldn't use them, so no one should have them". All of this is childish schoolyard sh*te.

The-Ghost
15 minutes ago, MR_N_V_S said:

It’s supposed to be high risk, high reward. That being said I think we’re better off with people in general trying to blow us up rather than OP aimbot NPCs with explosives. Besides, if your cargo is destroyed (partially) you can close GTA and get a small reduction from what you originally had. This is kind of straying off topic, but I feel like it’s valid point to bring up. Yes, the people who actively seek out people who are harmlessly trying to grind are mean spirited, but complaining about them when there is a mechanic in the game that lets you regain most of your stock.

Well they said before that getting solo lobbies is a glitch/exploit/bug whatever and now you say close your app? they'll call you a modder for that one.

And no, an OP aimbot NPC, while annoying, won't sweep in with a jet cannon and melt what I have been collecting for hours like some sad individual would do.

Dr.Rosenthal

So, we've established that destroying someone's cargo isn't technically wrong, but it is morally dubious, not to say morally objectionable. However, GTAO is a game for adults in which everyone is free to do how they please. We've also established that the measly $2k that you get from destroying someone's cargo is not enough in itself to warrant the action -> so, if you're destroying someone's cargo you're not doing it for the money.

So, why destroy someone's cargo? Because it's an easy target, and as the aggressor you risk nothing. All else set aside, such as "the one doing the job should know the kind of risk involved", I think the answer's that simple. A red blip on your map, an easy, often heavily under-protected target. And oh, of course, for the griefer there's also the sense of accomplishment that comes with ruining someone else's day.

I'll never sympathize with people playing like that, just as I don't sympathize with people stealing candy from children IRL. But yes, it's a game, and you can steal candy from children if that's how you like to see yourself. I'd much rather be that poor sod actually doing the job, unprotected, taking the risk, defending myself, striking back if necessary - much rather that, than to be the even poorer sod to attack easy targets. Just a couple of cents.

DemonicSpaceman
1 hour ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

That’s fun.  OK

So you question this but when selling with no opposition is called dull or boring, well people aren't allowed to say that.

I don't agree that destroying cargo for sh*ts and giggles is fun but if one group can outright deny that their way of playing is fun surely everyone should have that right.

46 minutes ago, HamwithCheese said:

See, this really gets on my nerves. 

There really isn't a reason to be against co-op lobbies (do not correct me spaceman) and despite them being purely optional, people say "no I wouldn't use them, so no one should have them". All of this is childish schoolyard sh*te.

I wont correct you, I'm in agreement. I'm not opposed to giving players the choice, I oppose simply enabling it with nothing else being changed for reasons explained elsewhere.

DemonicSpaceman
1 hour ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

Are you unable to read?

I said I use it to keep people out of my job/heist lobbys so I can play jobs/heists with my buddy. The way it affects freemode was not known to me when I turned matchmaking to closed months ago.

Are you now accusing me of glitching/exploiting because I don't turn matchmaking back to "open" when I go back to freemode?

1. Maybe because solo public still carries the risk of hostile players joining unlike to private where they would be unable to join!

2. Maybe these things got patched because of a diffrent reason, that has nothing to do with solo public at all. Nobody knows. Neither you nor me.

I mean they patched a bunch of clothing glitches back in the day wich are now an advertised feature (helmet+mask for example).

3. No idea. I'm not R*. Maybe they think its not needed, maybe they dont want to activly encourage you.

The thing is, if they wouldn't be cool with it, they could easily prevent it by adding a minimum player requirement. They did not do that after 6 updates who use the public only system.

Keep it civil. You're consistantly acting (or genuinely) dumb regarding the entire exploit discussion. There's no need to question someone's ability to read eapecially when they have taken the time multiple times to explain simply and in detail why your arguments don't stand up.

You clearly explained how you use the matchmaking options for a heist lobby to achieve an empty lobby, it's obviously a bug/exploit/glitch and it is not intended to affect freeroam. To now claim you mentioned it in relation to keeping others out of your heists and missions is simply back peddling - heists and mission lobbies have not been brought up and are not even remotely relevant to any discussion in this thread. You're simply using this exploit intentionally to achieve a desired result that isnt as intended - you literally admitted that this is the reason you set your matchmaking settings to closed.

There is no other reason for rockstar to patch the playlist method or the time change method of acquiring an empty public session. It was only after both of these exploits were being used for solo publics that they chose to patch them.

They patch clothing glitches due to clipping issues along with other issues. Due to demand they have sonce enabled options to achieve the same results without glitching. They have not changed any businesses to work in anything other than public sessions, they have made it clear by the lack of acknowledgement of many complaints, petitions and demands regarding businesses. That does not suggest that they want businesses to be used outside of public sessions, rather the opposite.

How can rockstar determine the minimum required population to enable businesses in a session? What would happen if it was 5 players minimum and in a session of 5 players, 2 left to do a heist or mission leaving 3 players? There are logistical issues with setting a minimum population.

They also did not enable business activities in invite, friend or crew sessions after 6 updates, at least 5 petitions, more than 4 topics here discussing/demanding change.

Regardless of all of that, public sessions are designed for multiple players, rockstar have made attempts at improving stability and networking in every update since at least FAFF. Invite, friend, crew and solo sessions are there for those who wish to avoid other players or random players. There would be no point on having the solo and invite sessions if they intended on public sessions being used for solo players.

This has all been explained numerous times yet you still refuse to accept it. It isn't complicated. You are using false arguments in order to give yours more weight, that is what's known as straw man. Not really a valid form of discussion.

Nutduster
3 hours ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

Are you unable to read?

First, I said you were were exploiting because you literally said "I did this in order to get a solo public session." Give me a break. You may have discovered it by accident but then you continued to use it for its free roam benefits. Is that correct? If so, then hooray, you're a filthy cheater (just like me).

As for the rest:

1 - Yeah, exactly my point. They want you to always have at least a small amount of risk. And further proof that you don't really know what you're talking about is that you don't seem to know that players can keep others out of their session entirely, with 100% confidence, through certain types of manipulation of their internet connection settings. Which again is a form of exploit (or hack - probably the second one since it's done outside the software itself).

2 - If there's a bug that puts you in a solo public session but had no other effect on the game or your account, and they patch it so you no longer end up in solo sessions, it is disingenuous at best to say you don't know why they patched it. Give me a break. There was only one thing to fix; that's obviously why they fixed it. It's also naive of you to not get how this works. No one reported that bug to them to fix. It was being spread on Sevensins and YouTube as an in-game trick to sell in empty sessions, and they saw it in one place or the other and patched it in response. Why? Well use your imagination.

3 hours ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

But it's still a public-only system. The only POSSIBLE reason for making it that way is that they want you to assume risk when you source and sell. This really is the only point I need - everything else is superfluous fluff by comparison. They confine these activities to public sessions because they want there to always be a chance you'll have to mix it up with other players. If you're eliminating that chance by using external tools to create your own bespoke private public session, you're exploiting. 

The prosecution rests. Was fun, but if I keep posting about this I'm going to have to throw myself off a bridge, and not a digital one.

Edited by Nutduster

Jenkiiii

GTAFORUMS
GETTING sh*t OFF YOUR CHEST, ONE POST AT A TIME

:D

Apologies for not having anything further to add to this conversation.

Edited by Jenkiiii

FukNRekd
6 hours ago, Nutduster said:

- If Rockstar is totally cool with you forcing solo public sessions to sell in, why don't they allow sales in invite-only or crew lobbies?  Why the restriction to public in the first place?

- If Rockstar is totally cool with you using bugs to put yourself into solo public sessions, why do they occasionally patch those bugs?  Including the example I already gave (not the only one) of the playlist-repeat bug that would put you into a solo public lobby every time?  What was the point of patching this if they didn't regard it as a bug?  And if it's a bug, on what basis can you say that it's NOT an exploit to make it happen on purpose in order to sell with reduced risk?

- If Rockstar is totally cool with you working in solo public sessions *at will*, meaning anytime you want, then why is there no menu option to start a solo public session?

-To make it not a cash cow. Risk / Reward and all that.

-People don't always want to be in a solo session. They want to be in the session they were in when they started. Did you read the release notes?

-So now you're implying that "at will" negates the fact that THEY ADDED CODE TO MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE IN SOLO PUBLIC LOBBIES and DO NOT FORCE YOU OUT OF IT, WHICH THEY EASILY COULD DO (I mean, since you're assuming what they're thinking, I will too. Burden is on you. :p )

6 hours ago, DemonicSpaceman said:

They added code to counter it not to allow it. I have as much proof of this as you do of your opinion on it.

Fact is, in anything but a public session it'll say you can't do it. If it's supposed to be allowed in private why isnt it allowed in anything but public? Public sessions are not supposed to be solo playera, there is a solo session option for that.

If they wanted to counter it the code would say
<kickclienttocloudsim2.0> instead of <addgroupofOPNPCs> :blink:

Why does C* allow certain VIP missions to be run in solo public lobbies and not others? Did they make a typo? (hehe, I made a funny :lol: )

3 hours ago, MR_N_V_S said:

I think we’re better off with people in general trying to blow us up rather than OP aimbot NPCs with explosives.

I completely disagree.

You can NOT predict what I'm going to do because I usually don't even know until I'm just about to do it.

You CAN predict, with great accuracy, what NPCs will do. Quick and relative example is that I know if I park here during sell and source I/E missions I'll be able to eliminate all 4 sets of NPCs without damage, etc. (4 sets of 2 cars with 2 occupants on sells and various car/heli/LEO combos on sources). Targets in Headhunter will stop at intersections and hide in the same exact place every. single. time. (They can all be hit with Akula rockets, too, no matter where they are ;) )

Edited by FukNRekd

Ice_cold2016
4 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

As I previously said, your fun affects my fun; my fun doesn't affect your fun.

Again, your fun does affect my fun. Destroying supplies gives me money, xp, sometimes rare ammo, bounty and pleasure. If you deny me that you affect my fun. And that makes me all sad inside. ☹️

HamwithCheese
41 minutes ago, Ice_cold2016 said:

Again, your fun does affect my fun. Destroying supplies gives me money, xp, sometimes rare ammo, bounty and pleasure. If you deny me that you affect my fun. And that makes me all sad inside. ☹️

Really? Oh man that gives me even more reason to play by myself. It makes it sooo much more enjoyable now.

gtafan26
6 hours ago, Smokewood said:

The game would be boring for me without people chasing me and trying to kill me. It would become a pizza delivery simulator... 

qVdoaq7.gif

Let me say that I both agree and disagree, sometimes sure, its super fun being chased by other players, and there are times, I just wanna get sh*t done and dont want to have to deal with other players, but I am still having fun without the superduper tryhards chasing me.

To each their own and let people enjoy the game they way want to

Carry on.

Edited by gtafan26

gtafan26
1 hour ago, Ice_cold2016 said:

Again, your fun does affect my fun. Destroying my supplies stop's me from earing money, xp,  and pleasure. If you deny me that you affect my fun. And that makes me all sad inside

It works both ways😉

Edited by gtafan26

Ice_cold2016
1 hour ago, HamwithCheese said:

Really? Oh man that gives me even more reason to play by myself. It makes it sooo much more enjoyable now.

lol! I'm speaking for the folk that like to destroy cargo. People keep talking about why its wrong and bad to destroy cargo as if that's the final word and only opinion. But in reality, as i have said many times, opinions vary. There are also people out there who like to destroy cargo and that's perfectly fine as that's the game. Those were just a few reasons from many why they do it and why its ok to do so. Saying his actions don't destroy others fun but they destroy his is a big old load of bollocks. I'm not on either side of the fence i can see both sides.

1 hour ago, gtafan26 said:

Again, your fun does affect my fun. Destroying my supplies stop's me from earing money, xp,  and pleasure. If you deny me that you affect my fun. And that makes me all sad inside

You had to know your words could be used against you😉

I know they can. That was part of my point. You saying that just proves my point lol.  He said his fun doesn't destroy others fun. It does for those exact same reasons. The cargo destroyers also get xp, rare ammo, bountys, pleasure. Deny them that and it also destroys these chaps fun too. It works both ways.

Edited by Ice_cold2016

gtafan26
3 minutes ago, Ice_cold2016 said:

lol! I'm speaking for the folk that like to destroy cargo. People keep talking about why its wrong and bad to destroy cargo as if that's the final word and only opinion. But in reality, as i have same many times, opinions vary. There are also people out there who like to destroy cargo and that's perfectly fine as that's the game. Those were just a few reasons from many why they do it and why its ok to do so. Saying his actions don't destroy others fun but they destroy his is a big old load of bollocks. I'm not on either side of the fence i can see both sides.

I know they can. That was part of my point. You saying that just proves my point lol.  He said his fun doesn't destroy others fun. It does for those exact same reasons. The cargo destroyers also get xp, rare ammo, bountys, pleasure. Deny them that and it slo destroys these chaps fun too. It works both ways.

Yes, what you consider fun may not be what someone else considers fun, that is what I was saying.

Ice_cold2016
58 minutes ago, gtafan26 said:

Yes, what you consider fun may not be what someone else considers fun, that is what I was saying.

Exactly! That's the point.....

Said that on like page 2 or something. Yesterdays chip paper.

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

It feels good spoiling someones attempt to blow up cargo lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_n47eywWdvt1s8aswfo1_400.gif