Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheSantader25

Character Switching in next GTA

Character Swithing in the next GTA  

47 members have voted

  1. 1. Which do you prefer?

    • Just One character
      27
    • Same system as V but with more than a 100 missions
      4
    • Same system as V but let us switch whenever during the mission so it's not linear
      5
    • 2 and 3
      11


Recommended Posts

Hmmm nice bike

I'd much rather see one protagonist again. Three protagonists to switch between was a bold move, but I think it was poorly executed gimmick. Instead of one fully fleshed-out story for the character, you have three who didn't even get a chance to have the same character development as previous protagonists due to the fact that there were less missions overall in the game. I'd rather have one to play as and just have the story revolve around them instead of juggling 60 missions between three again.

 

Especially if Online is going to be the focus of the series and single player gets ignored again in a future title, you can guarantee that they aren't even going to bother with doing another story like SA or IV ever again, so we may as well just get one guy and see if they can at least make a somewhat cohesive and interesting story for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
41 minutes ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I'd much rather see one protagonist again. Three protagonists to switch between was a bold move, but I think it was poorly executed gimmick. Instead of one fully fleshed-out story for the character, you have three who didn't even get a chance to have the same character development as previous protagonists due to the fact that there were less missions overall in the game. I'd rather have one to play as and just have the story revolve around them instead of juggling 60 missions between three again.

 

Especially if Online is going to be the focus of the series and single player gets ignored again in a future title, you can guarantee that they aren't even going to bother with doing another story like SA or IV ever again, so we may as well just get one guy and see if they can at least make a somewhat cohesive and interesting story for him.

They better stop releasing GTAs if they are gonna focus(even more) on online. Let the series die in glory not in shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob

Although having 3 protagonists was fun in GTA V, I really want to go back to having one protagonist. 3 is just too much. But yet again, I don't think Rockstar would even try to release the next GTA since they're so focused on Online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmmm nice bike
4 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

They better stop releasing GTAs if they are gonna focus(even more) on online. Let the series die in glory not in shame. 

GTA Online will be getting a flying bike that fires homing missiles. Ending the series now wouldn't matter, it's already become a shame.

 

4 hours ago, Penguin Bob said:

But yet again, I don't think Rockstar would even try to release the next GTA since they're so focused on Online. 

I think there will eventually be another GTA, but I think that Online will be the focus. Three protagonists in the story mode or not, Online is now proven to be able to make a ton of money for them thanks to the Shark Cards that a ton of people buy to be able to afford their overpriced junk. A half-assed story mode that they figure hardly anyone will play through won't matter as long as GTA Online can be incorporated into the new map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

@Hmmm nice bike

Online is a shame sure. But despite the flaws GTA V SP is still a far more reputable SP than many games out there. We don't want the SP to become like a 4 hour COD SP do we? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emmi

2 characters with the option to switch between them at any! point ... also the switching should be imminent, no stupid loading!

On top of that the game needs way more main missions to make it work, 100+ I'd say.

I'd be fine if we just get to play as a single character again though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.