4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

The Elder Scrolls VI

feckyerlife
1 hour ago, TheFoxRiverFugitive said:

Agreed. Todd did say it was a next-gen game.

i feel like it was yong yea maybe someone else, but one of them youtubers said it will be next gen because they want to make it all of Tamriel

APB

Starfield has been in production for quite some time now, I say it will release next year (2019). TES 6 feels like it is in very late post-production about to go into full production by the time F76 releases. Hoping it will release between 2020 and 2021. Remember back in 2016 Todd stated that TES was in early pre-production back then. Think they are going to try to make Skyrim's 10th Anniversary with it. 

DarksunDaFirst
17 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

I want to beat up some Thalmor.

I'm hoping they're gone and the old Aldmeri Dominion has returned.  Restore the Crown.

#MakeAlinorGreatAgain

I’m going to play Skyrim right now.  Or TESO if it’s available yet for game pass.

edit: also, any predictions on provinces?

I’m guessing High Rock or Elswyr.

Elswyr?  Probably not - essentially just either a desert or jungles.

I'm guessing High Rock by the looks of it...which is disappointing.  I was really hoping to return to a Mer-province that isn't so...Dark.  I mean, we've been to all the human provinces before.  High Rock, Hammerfell, Cyrodil, Skyrim...and only 1 Mer province with Morrowind.  I get that High Rock and Hammerfell were in those wonderful low-res days...but c'mon, let's actually explore the actual southern provinces for once.

16 hours ago, APB said:

And Bethesda won E3 2018.

Everyone else can pack up and go home to the drawing board. 

For the game publishers that's for sure...

EA sucked.  Square Enix - no FF7 so who cares...Digital Foundry - meh.

Bethesda has pretty much something for everyone.  In my book...it's Rock* than Bethesda with who is best in the world right now with all the titles under their publishing brand (and a lot of them I don't even play).

Playstation still has their turn tonight...here's hoping we see some good sh*t.  Maybe we get more from Hideo....would love to see if anything has been up since we last saw him.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Lock n' Stock

It's about time. I was hoping they'd go for a more exotic location (e.g Black Marsh, Elsmeyr) but as long as the RPG elements don't feel too dumbed down (e.g Fallout 4) and the world is full of places to explore and stuff to do, I'll be satisfied.

APB

I was sort of right about it.

1. Starfield is playable and in "f.... production" according to Toddler. Release Fall 2019 anyone?

2. TES 6 is in pre-production, probably near the end of it since he said the same thing in 2016. Probably will release 2020/2021 (f*ck, my body wants it now.)

3. Fallout 76 is Rust+GTA Online and likely f*cked.

Edited by APB

Jonesizzle

well pretty sure the Toddmeister said that Starfield is being developed for the next-gen consoles... so unless those things hit the market summer of next year, I was kind of assuming a 2020/2021 release date, but who knows.

HaRdSTyLe_83
19 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

Probably not until 2020

looking at that trailer, we can see the game is already in the final production /s

ProKiller93

about time... now it's your turn rockstar

loyletomycapo
On 6/11/2018 at 4:04 AM, darthYENIK said:

I’m going to play Skyrim right now.  Or TESO if it’s available yet for game pass.

edit: also, any predictions on provinces?

I’m guessing High Rock or Elswyr.

cIdz8WD.png

l4uQaOj.png

MCMXCII
On 6/12/2018 at 8:41 AM, ARTHUR. said:

<snip>

<snip>

What about that castle that's center-left?

Edited by Jon Jon
Removed quoted images.

Shadowfennekin

Yeah, this feels like the next Red Dead Redemption 2.

"lol delayed another 6 months" every time the release draws nearer.

I don't believe it'll be only for next gen.... I mean, I'm sure it will be on those consoles when they launch. But if it really is coming out next year, Xbox One and PS4 would surely be getting it as we haven't seen hide nor hair of an Xbox Two/720(Whatever it's going to be called) nor PS5

Edited by Shadowfennekin

josephene123
1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Yeah, this feels like the next Red Dead Redemption 2.

"lol delayed another 6 months" every time the release draws nearer.

I don't believe it'll be only for next gen.... I mean, I'm sure it will be on those consoles when they launch. But if it really is coming out next year, Xbox One and PS4 would surely be getting it as we haven't seen hide nor hair of an Xbox Two/720(Whatever it's going to be called) nor PS5

Who said it's coming out next year? Its certainly not

APB

Camelworks did a good video on where it might be set, this has been my thoughts as well after seeing the teaser trailer for 500000 times and analyzing every pixel of it. Stoked for Hammerfell, maybe even a combo between it and High Rock. Ahhh why is it so far away...

Edited by APB

chronic lumbago

I was hoping for Elsewyr or Blackmarch. If it's Hammerfell, we're getting yet another human-centered region. I want to visit the home of the Khajiit, not the Redguards.

KDA

Do you think we'll ever get Elder Scrolls: New York City

D9fred95
33 minutes ago, Noale said:

Isn't the Imperial City the NYC of Elder Scrolls though?

chronic lumbago
39 minutes ago, Noale said:

I believe the chances are slim for it to happen.

loyletomycapo

IM WALKIN OVA HERE

TCjZklv.jpg

Cutter De Blanc

Hammerfell is huge. Like, they're not gonna be able to compete with Daggerfall, size wise.

I thought they did a different region for every game.

also just popped into say todd howard has a super punchable face

Is this The Guy?

I just moved so all my sh*t is in boxes.  But first thing I get everything out I’m getting on some Skyrim.  

Cant wait for this!

Edward Nashton

Okay, at first I was leaning towards it being set in High Rock, but now that I've seen close ups of the castle, it definitely seems like this is Hammerfell. The castle's design is reminiscent of Timbuktu in Mali.

timbuktuARTICLE.jpg
Which would make sense because the Redguards in Skyrim seem to be inspired by ancient Mali culture, with their Muslim sounding names and the Alik'r's clothing.

Spoiler

The History of the Mali Empire

Image result for alik'r

loyletomycapo

But why not Hammerfell and High Rock?

It only makes sense that since Skyrim's restriction in last gen we will see much more ambitious worlds created.

Let us say in this instance what we are being shown is, Hammerfell. They haven't really shown a biome that evokes Hammerfell's essence-i.e. arid desert. This makes me suspect they are purposely misleading us by showing us something very contrived which could easily fit High Rock's template. 

To me High Rock is too small and awkward to navigate to have it as a standalone game setting leading me to think they will involve both High Rock and Hammerfell. 

If I was restricted to only one of the two I would be more than obliged to take Hammerfell. I love desert worlds and Arabic inspired themes.

Edward Nashton

You might be on to something there. I mean, I'm going to try and tip-toe around the subject as best I can, but the reason I thought this was most likely going to be set in High Rock at first was because it would have been the "safe" choice, especially in our current social climate. I'm actually looking forward to this being confirmed as Hammerfell because High Rock alone would have felt too bland and samey, I actually want to see what a High Fantasy RPG would look like if it were based on something other than European folklore and mythology.

But you do have a point about High Rock being too small a map to satisfy next-gen standards - it would make sense to use both provinces, the teaser even begins right at the Hammerfell/High Rock border, if the speculation is accurate. It would soften the cultural shock some idiots might feel if High Rock is in the game, and I personally would appreciate the great sense of traversal travelling through two very different provinces. Even so, I really wished this would have been Valenwood - I wanna see those big-ass migratory trees in action, dammit.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Redguards are largely based on the Moors and Islamic West African civilizations from the middle ages like imperial Mali - the Alik'r desert being a stand-in for the Sahara. I know ESO went all out with the Arab theme but I'm not sure that aesthetic will carry over to the main series - just look how they've taken liberties with the Altmer in their promos for the new expansion, they look like boring LOTR film elves. Everything else about the Redguards within the lore seems to point toward African - which is why I'd brace for impact because the sh*tty part of the gaming community will throw a fit if/when it's confirmed that Hammerfell is going to be in the game.

Edited by Edward Nashton

Evil empire

Hammerfel looks like a good choice, I'm eager to see more.

chronic lumbago

I found proof that it's set in skyrim. Seems legit.

fjt0yg4opm411.png

Big Molio

Skyrim is awesome. I dip in and out. I especially like my modded follower....a Jawa

Clem Fandango
On 6/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, Edward Nashton said:

I know ESO went all out with the Arab theme but I'm not sure that aesthetic will carry over to the main series - just look how they've taken liberties with the Altmer in their promos for the new expansion, they look like boring LOTR film elves. 

My head cannon is that the Crowns are Moorish Spain (so a blending of the Middle East and Europe) and the Forebears are styled on tribal Africans (but in an advanced, settled society) just like your idea. That is probably not going to happen though, Hammerfell will almost definitely be Middle Eastern and the elves will almost definitely be Tolkienesque. I'm surprised how much faith people have in Bethesda. Like, do people think Oblivion and Skyrim were just flukes and that they're still capable of Morrowind-tier worldbuilding and lore? Bethesda has fallen off and is only interested in releasing bland, safe games. 

As for me, I'm not really interested in waiting half a decade for this, then another couple of years for mods to make it interesting and lore friendly. I'd rather wait 10-15 years for Tamriel Rebuilt/Proect Tamriel.

Jerking For Soup

Gonna lose my sh*t if ES6 is just Skyrim 2

Edward Nashton
12 hours ago, Melchior said:

My head cannon is that the Crowns are Moorish Spain (so a blending of the Middle East and Europe) and the Forebears are styled on tribal Africans (but in an advanced, settled society) just like your idea. That is probably not going to happen though, Hammerfell will almost definitely be Middle Eastern and the elves will almost definitely be Tolkienesque. I'm surprised how much faith people have in Bethesda. Like, do people think Oblivion and Skyrim were just flukes and that they're still capable of Morrowind-tier worldbuilding and lore? Bethesda has fallen off and is only interested in releasing bland, safe games. 

As for me, I'm not really interested in waiting half a decade for this, then another couple of years for mods to make it interesting and lore friendly. I'd rather wait 10-15 years for Tamriel Rebuilt/Proect Tamriel.

I don't think you're too far off with the Redguard lore, although from what I understand it's the Crowns that still maintain the culture of Yokuda, the continent Redguards originally came from, a lot of their naming conventions resemble sub-Saharan languages - "R'gada" (eventually evolving into "Redguard") for example. I wouldn't completely dismiss seeing what you described in the next game if it is set in Hammerfell - I mean, the Nords in Skyrim weren't completely culturally homogeneous - you had some that resembled the more civilized post-Pagan Scandinavians and others that looked and acted like stereotypical barbaric fantasy Vikings, and we had the Skaal which I think were based on nomadic tribes from Russia(?). And then there are the Bretons who have a similar situation as the Redguards, - mainstream Bretons who are completely assimilated to Tamrielan society and are based on real world French, Celtic, and Anglo-Saxon cultures - and the Reachmen (Forsworn) who live by the old tribal ways and are specifically based on the Gauls.

I'm pretty sure things will shake out in similar fashion if this is set in Hammerfell. I mean, Redguards physically look like black people, it would be weird if Bethesda says "nope, they're Arabs now because reasons" - they have to acknowledge their real world counterpart if they're gonna go all the way with Hammerfell. Also, I know the Elves in Elder Scrolls have always been inspired by Tolkien, but it's just the look  the Altmer have in the marketing for the Summerset isle expansion that bugs me, they look like Peter Jackson LOTR elves

Spoiler

Related image

If it weren't for that Khajiit, I'd think this would be for Shadow of War.

They just look so bland to me. What aliens are to Sci-fi, Elves should be to Fantasy. They shouldn't just look like regular humans with pointy ears, I think.

Edited by Edward Nashton

Dryspace

@Edward Nashton

In my opinion, Peter Jackson's LOTR elves, especially the principal characters, looked exactly like regular humans with pointy ears. I was extremely disappointed that he went with established actors rather then deliberately choosing capable actors with similarly unusual morphologies.